Sign in to follow this  
SiliconValley

Michael Winn - Why is he like the way he is?

So, I was reading about WYG's description of Michael Winn's Primordial QiGong. May be like Yoda once mentioned, the technique itself is Good, or originally was, but this guy simply seems to put me off. I cannot really understand what it is but while watching his instruction, I could feel excess of negativity in the gut. I was planning on taking one of his retreats, but someone 'inside' tells me 'don't go'.

On the healing dao forum, I see this post where he speaks bad of Maharishi. Then there is one where he abuses David Shen. There is one more where he criticizes Max and Kunlun. Is his seemingly negative behavior and near non-appreciation of anything but his own stuff any indication of his practice or on a deeper level, the usefulness of his techniques? Are not the healing arts meant to make one more caring - to all and the self, more appreciative of nature, its creation, more accepting, less judgmental, more humble and a tad less abusive?

I mean is he taking people for a ride? Speaking of Hindu Gurus cursing people and places, trapping souls to create demons and Michael saving the world by clearing the place using Atlantean [mind you, not the neo! The original!] and authentic Tao sizzlers? Common, give us a break! This seems as hilarious as some of Maharishi's claims.

I am not trying to create another controversy but are certain practices ego boosters trapping one in an endless web? Or, as in Michael's case, create the need for some serious help :blink::rolleyes::D

Edited by SiliconValley

On the healing dao forum, I see this post where he speaks bad of Maharishi. Then there is one where he abuses David Shen. There is one more where he criticizes Max and Kunlun. Is his seemingly negative behavior and near non-appreciation of anything

what a negative fraud that winn is. calling other frauds names. bad bad fraud. but there is only one way of finding out about him for sure - you have to go and pay a lot of cash money to him. otherwise you will never know.

I had the luck of seeing how a student becomes a teacher.

He understood his teacher only when he became a teacher.

Not only that, but he repeated the faults he saw in his teacher, tenfold.

I still dont know why, but its interesting to observe that.

Wasnt this type of behaviour Winn did criticise when he himself was only an instructor?

:rolleyes:

edit: first make a distinction between the teachings, and the teacher.

then you will find out you can learn more from the teacher, than from the teachings, eventually

Edited by Little1

He has even bad mouths Mantak Chia i believe!

Any movement done in the state of "Soong" i guess can feel good and give you something even Tensegrity people was going and were getting results. LOL

Enlightment can come from just sitting "still doing nothing" meditation why do all the standing moving meditations when just sitting still and breathing. I think his claims are alittle over the top to be honest or unless he has been enlightened himself from it already?! :unsure:

WYG

So, I was reading about WYG's description of Michael Winn's Primordial QiGong. May be like Yoda once mentioned, the technique itself is Good, or originally was, but this guy simply seems to put me off. I cannot really understand what it is but while watching his instruction, I could feel excess of negativity in the gut. I was planning on taking one of his retreats, but someone 'inside' tells me 'don't go'.

On the healing dao forum, I see this post where he speaks bad of Maharishi. Then there is one where he abuses David Shen. There is one more where he criticizes Max and Kunlun. Is his seemingly negative behavior and near non-appreciation of anything but his own stuff any indication of his practice or on a deeper level, the usefulness of his techniques? Are not the healing arts meant to make one more caring - to all and the self, more appreciative of nature, its creation, more accepting, less judgmental, more humble and a tad less abusive?

I mean is he taking people for a ride? Speaking of Hindu Gurus cursing people and places, trapping souls to create demons and Michael saving the world by clearing the place using Atlantean [mind you, not the neo! The original!] and authentic Tao sizzlers? Common, give us a break! This seems as hilarious as some of Maharishi's claims.

I am not trying to create another controversy but are certain practices ego boosters trapping one in an endless web? Or, as in Michael's case, create the need for some serious help :blink::rolleyes::D

I was at Dao Mountain in 2003. One the last day, just before I left, I had a quick chat with Ron Diana, who was just driving off to the city. He said he was hoping to get back for the weekend, because Michael's parents would be there, and seeing someone with their family was often helpful in "finding out how they got that way."

So yes, Michael is a very unusual teacher. He comes from a large family of high achievers, bank presidents etc. and seemingly can't help but present himself as a great success in all ways.

Personally, for what it's worth, I think he's as sincere as most, is aware of most of his faults, but has a few blind spots that he's way too clever to let himself notice.

Although the form itself got panned, I do like the sound of some of his claims in here.

Anyhow, I feel like he's giving his honest opinions, and people can take 'em or leave 'em. He's not necessarily the final word, just a word. And another useful POV, IMO, from amidst all the PC hallelujahs. He may also have some inner doubt that gets projected cynically on others, but you simply can take that into account and anything he says with that in mind.

Remember, Doubting Thomas was one of Yeshua's 12 disciples and a social archetype.

Sign in to follow this