old3bob

man made stuff

On 3/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, Nungali said:

Damn !   Should have taken that last left turn  .....   better do a U-turn and go back  .

just kick in the lift kit and bounce it around 180 degrees...

not as bad as the machine they put you all the way inside and then the thing pulses like crazy! 

62487dbac02d4_catscan.jpg.f7aa2397a5d251e11031276bf18b3e6e.jpg

46 minutes ago, old3bob said:

not as bad as the machine they put you all the way inside and then the thing pulses like crazy! 

62487dbac02d4_catscan.jpg.f7aa2397a5d251e11031276bf18b3e6e.jpg

Ha! I thought you were referring to an electric sex toy....

Close eh, but no cigar?

Edited by natural
to add : And an awareness of the situation
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, natural said:

Ha! I thought you were referring to an electric sex toy....

Close eh, but no cigar?

nothing sexy about it when you are all the way inside one of these small tubes for 45 minutes or so and can't move and are pounded  repeatedly with loud noise!  I went through the process once and was really exhausted after I got out...maybe the newer MRI's are better but I don't know.

mri.jpg.c4ff982bd298f62ee4fc051e862ec75e.jpg

8 hours ago, old3bob said:

nothing sexy about it when you are all the way inside one of these small tubes for 45 minutes or so and can't move and are pounded  repeatedly with loud noise!  I went through the process once and was really exhausted after I got out...maybe the newer MRI's are better but I don't know.

Please accept my sincere apologies as I by no means meant to denigrate you or your experience. 

I always get claustrophobic  when I have to go inside one of these ;

0_KRR_NEC_110620police_02JPG.jpg

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Thankfully I can only imagine that, and hope not an experience I will under go, along with 

10 hours ago, old3bob said:

I will consider not having undergone either minor blessings!

• Like 1

Its a test of ones ..... yogic ability .

I was in a bigger one once , a huge prisoner transporter bus thing , no windows - floor vents , and a  cage back door ( when the main back was opened ) .   We where rounded up from a forest protest camp , driven off for miles to ... somewhere - a police camp in the middle of the  forest  and left in the van for a few hours , in the sun , with no water .

One by one, the lads started cracking .  At then end it was just me and Allan J.  ( as I call him - a 'spiritual gardener' ) that where still sitting on the end of the bench , in lotus, smiling .  It annoyed the hell out of the police.  :) 

• Like 1

..... actually , the same thing happened in our Supreme Court Case  ( when the government tried to steal our commune ) .

I noticed  after a while the judge kept looking at me curiously , then started to smile at me !   The prosecutor started off  smarmy and looking down at me , then started to look worried , the  could not stop darting glances at me and looking uneasy . After court, our solicitor  goes to me  : " What the hell was going on in there ? I have never seen anyone do that ! "

Me; " Huh?"

Him ; " You sat there , for 4 hours , unmoving, you hands placed over each other on the  table ... I noticed you turned your head to the prosecutor once and smirked , when they made a blunder  , aside from that you where  like a statue , most people freak out just from walking in and  sitting down in there - you where not even nervous !  .... The judge noticed it , it was freaking the prosecutor out ! "

I gave him a  surprised look  "  Ahhh , Brother  *  ....  have you been neglecting to practice your yoga ? "

- he looked a little embarrassed .

( Which is how I got him  to represent us ,  pro-bono,  he was  the master of a Sydney Masonic RC Chapter  ( Rose Cross ) and a  Probie in  another group I was RC in  ;)  )  . 

- we won by the way .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Nungali said:

there could be some satisfaction in knowing it took four on one to corral you!

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, Nungali said:

..... actually , the same thing happened in our Supreme Court Case  ( when the government tried to steal our commune ) .

I noticed  after a while the judge kept looking at me curiously , then started to smile at me !   The prosecutor started off  smarmy and looking down at me , then started to look worried , the  could not stop darting glances at me and looking uneasy . After court, our solicitor  goes to me  : " What the hell was going on in there ? I have never seen anyone do that ! "

Me; " Huh?"

Him ; " You sat there , for 4 hours , unmoving, you hands placed over each other on the  table ... I noticed you turned your head to the prosecutor once and smirked , when they made a blunder  , aside from that you where  like a statue , most people freak out just from walking in and  sitting down in there - you where not even nervous !  .... The judge noticed it , it was freaking the prosecutor out ! "

I gave him a  surprised look  "  Ahhh , Brother  *  ....  have you been neglecting to practice your yoga ? "

- he looked a little embarrassed .

( Which is how I got him  to represent us ,  pro-bono,  he was  the master of a Sydney Masonic RC Chapter  ( Rose Cross ) and a  Probie in  another group I was RC in  ;)  )  . 

- we won by the way .

so the force was with you ...and you didn't even have to pull out the light saber!

624b7275ba2a2_obiwan.jpg.18f16be8171ff0cc19482225ef102cfd.jpg

Edited by old3bob

No light sabre .  I have  astral nagamaki .

Spoiler

[  I used to work with one of the guys in my martial arts club , he was my boss . He was having trouble with the 'big boss', had been called into the office for an 'interview'  (  becasue he had made a stuff up )  and he was worried about getting the sack .  I told him to go in there with confidence , like one should in a match , imagine you are wearing your sword , if he gives you trouble - draw it and threaten to cut him up ! .... in your imagination, of course . "

He came back smiling and told me he pre-empted the conversation, started complaining about all the extra work he has to do with no pay and the way he had been treated  , started yelling at the guy, threatened to quit ..... and ended up getting a raise .  :D

- no astral blood was spilt . ]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

different and unusual,  I wonder how it was made?  th.jpg.30aaa8a63c0b427cbb2c7b1e4f051265.jpg

Edited by old3bob

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

This guy is holding a master's class on thriving.

Not sure if it starts with hold my beer, or look Mom no hands, lol.

• Like 1

aka as being on the edge, the edge of his gas powered and bomb like vehicle not blowing up!

he will need more than a six pack in case of fire ;-)

• Wow 1

On 27/05/2022 at 3:07 AM, old3bob said:

Ever wonder how two cycle engines work? Well here you go...with some history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_engine#Emissions

Two-Stroke_Engine.gif.ea8d8cdf2e2377d0b6ed765467cd4449.gif

What makes a Triumph Bonneville Engine such a sweet ride .

Its a 4 stroke

ce34c2cbfb9894172eeabb59e5f340bb.gif

twin cylinder   BUT, the pistons do not not alternate , both pistons go up and down together , like a big 750 single . But to 'even the power out ' the stroke cycles are opposite .

Stroke cycle         Piston 1                      Piston 2

1 .......................... Intake   ........................ Combustion.

2. ......................... Compression ............. Exhaust .

3 ........................... Combustion ...............Intake.

4 ......................... Exhaust ........................ Compression .

So the pistons go up and down together but the spark alternates from side to side  . Makes for a deep torquey smooth ride  :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtUd7T7N_g

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

What makes a Triumph Bonneville Engine such a sweet ride .

Its a 4 stroke

ce34c2cbfb9894172eeabb59e5f340bb.gif

twin cylinder   BUT, the pistons do not not alternate , both pistons go up and down together , like a big 750 single . But to 'even the power out ' the stroke cycles are opposite .

Stroke cycle         Piston 1                      Piston 2

1 .......................... Intake   ........................ Combustion.

2. ......................... Compression ............. Exhaust .

3 ........................... Combustion ...............Intake.

4 ......................... Exhaust ........................ Compression .

So the pistons go up and down together but the spark alternates from side to side  . Makes for a deep torquey smooth ride  :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtUd7T7N_g

boxer type engines are pretty neat also, I rebuilt a Subaru 2.5 (stock)   Btw. it's also amazing the power that hot rodders can get from such a small engine.

Edited by old3bob

A variant type of 'box''  engine  - Ariel 'square 4 ' ;

OBA23-Ariel-Square-4-8.jpg                     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKnobut3s81Aqvmvf9Dlf

tended to over heat at the centre of the block .....

..... a novel way to fix the  issue   :D 

maxresdefault.jpg

here is another interesting one (2 stroke) that has been around a long time, and now with high tech computers to fine tune everything it should have a good chance to get into everyday vehicles!

Edited by old3bob