daojones

Need Help Interpreting a Dream Symbol

I'm going through an extremely trying and paradoxically difficult time right now, and I had this dream last night that I can't figure out that felt timely and important.

I can't remember most of the dream unfortunately, I just recall 2 similar symbols in consecutive dreams.

In the first dream I was given a set of black books as a gift. I think I was given these books by a celebrity that I look down on and think is a bad comedian.

In the 2nd dream I was given a black leather folio. The thing is the folio was a duplicate of my real life leather folio that I use to carry my computer. I highly value this folio. It serves a valuable function for me, it's beautiful, and well constructed. I think before I was given the black version of my folio, there was this whole setup where there was this girl (that I look down and think is stupid), that I went to school with as a kid. I haven't seen this girl in many many years. So this girl had my same folio, the non-black one, but it had her initials very largely inscribed on the cover. And the dream made a point for even the obscure brand of the folio to be mentioned, like its the same brand even. So it was really driving the point home that we have the exact same folio. And then I was given the black version of my folio. 

The main connections I'm seeing is the stupid people and the blackness being contained to knowledge. With the book symbol and folio being the case for my computer.

Any ideas on this?

Edited by daojones

Perhaps the dream is expressing frustration at being given an unwanted or undeserved difficulties from others?  You mentioned that you're going through a difficult period in your life?  Maybe these difficulties are represented by the set of black books?

I think your dreams are saying the thing you consider to be ‘inferior’ is actually beautiful and valuable, and I imagine that thing is most likely to be your female aspect given the context of your dream. Black, which is being equated with good in your dreams, is a Daoist symbol for Yin/female. I wonder if you are being presented with your female side in waking life through the circumstances around you, and if you are vehemently rejecting that aspect when it comes up. 

• Thanks 1

@Danielthat sounds like its on the right track. I'm always amazed at getting dream interpretations from other people. Sometimes its things that seem so obvious but I can't see myself. What I don't follow then is what the symbol of a book means here. The basic level it seems to indicate knowledge.

@BindiI would agree with that as well. In terms of vehement rejecting, I guess that must be the case. However, the quagmire of a life situation I've been dealt is such that I have to do certain things in a specific order to get out of the situation. These things preclude me from accessing emotional stuff and just anything that would get me close to feminine 'things', let alone a physical embodiment of feminine. So I'm trying to figure out if my dream is just trying to agitate me or poke fun. Lately my subconscious and dreams have been very rude and unhelpful.

7 minutes ago, daojones said:

@Danielthat sounds like its on the right track. I'm always amazed at getting dream interpretations from other people. Sometimes its things that seem so obvious but I can't see myself. What I don't follow then is what the symbol of a book means here. The basic level it seems to indicate knowledge.

@BindiI would agree with that as well. In terms of vehement rejecting, I guess that must be the case. However, the quagmire of a life situation I've been dealt is such that I have to do certain things in a specific order to get out of the situation. These things preclude me from accessing emotional stuff and just anything that would get me close to feminine 'things', let alone a physical embodiment of feminine. So I'm trying to figure out if my dream is just trying to agitate me or poke fun. Lately my subconscious and dreams have been very rude and unhelpful.

I wonder if you did tune into the emotional stuff for a few minutes, if you made a point of it in a few moments of quiet time, whether your rude and unhelpful dreams might be appeased and do an about face to support that endeavour. Dreams can get very cranky if they’re being ignored, but are very quick to be satisfied if you start working with them instead of against them. 

1 hour ago, daojones said:

What I don't follow then is what the symbol of a book means here. The basic level it seems to indicate knowledge

Maybe it's the unknown

@BindiI've tried and have not had success. 

@Danielya that sounds about right. Why is it giving it to me like as a gift in the dream though? I need to know the unknown. This will solve my very complex problems.

• Like 1

Maybe it doesn't matter what the items are.  Maybe the darkness, the black, is an indication that you shouldn't look down on people.  We are all the same entity.  To look down on anyone is to look down on ourselves.  In that sense, it may very well be a gift, if you use the information to your betterment.

Something else just came to me.  In both cases, these people are offering you knowledge.  The fact that the first person was a comedian is worthy of inspection on its own.  I won't try to interpret that, you would know best.  But he was handing you knowledge, and it's knowledge about yourself.  The girl from school is handing you your work tools, to implement your self-examination.  I really do think your higher self is telling you not to feel any better or any worse than anyone else.  The character defect to look for here would be a certain type of arrogance, in which people judge themselves to be better or worse than others.  To continue in this mindset will be a detriment to the enlightenment you seek.

14 hours ago, daojones said:

Why is it giving it to me like as a gift in the dream though? I need to know the unknown. This will solve my very complex problems.

Dreams with meaning are tricky.  Sometimes the message is straight forward, sometimes it's the complete opposite of what is perceived.

IF the dream is straight forward, it sounds as if you have the knowledge you seek already, it was given as a gift, and that others with less intellect ( the bad comedian and the stupid girl ) have the knowledge, the answer to your dilemma already.  And the dream is your subconscious reacting to the frustration of not following the simple solution, what the others already know.  In this case, the answer to your dilemma is the simple solution that you already have at hand.

BUT it could be the opposite, the knowledge contained in the folio and the books could turn out to be empty pages, thus making it a bad joke played on you by the comedian and a worthless info possessed by the stupid girl.

Edited by Daniel

Thanks @Daniel

That sounds like a helpful dream interpretation heuristic.

My dreams in the past have been centred around the unconscious trying to ignore the major problems, and also giving me wrong info so I'm inclined to think this was more of a fake out. Thinking about the dream more, the folio had a special blackness to it. Like it was charred black from being in a fire or made in a fire.

When faced with the issues my dreams would be about time travel and thus avoiding said problems :lol:

Edited by daojones

Your dreams come to you because your higher self is pointing you in a direction; it is always working to give you the experiences and dreams that you need to achieve what it wants;  it wants to fully express the Consciousness in your being.  Your dreams don't give you wrong information, they are interpreted wrong.

• Like 1