ThreeLeaf

Cool and interesting stuff on health and spirituality

dwai

MODERATOR NOTE:

This thread has been locked pending mod team review, and will be moved to the pit or cleaned up and unlocked if deemed fit. 

Message added by dwai

Also for suffering i will list a bunch of examples to get it through your thick heads..

1.If you starve(suffering) food tastes 1000 times better and you are more grateful loving towards it(contentment). If you eat fav food everyday(contentment) you become sick of it and hate it(suffering)

2.If i punched you in the face(suffering) you will be very grateful when i stop hitting you(contentment). If you never get hit in your life(contentment) when i do hit you its gonna hurt a lot more cuz your not used to it no resistance(suffering)

3. If a plant is exposed to harsh winds/storm(suffering) when it stops it will become stronger and survive easier(contentment). If you baby a plant in a green house for too long(contentment) then put it outside in hard winds ect it will die very fast(suffering)

4.If you have a toothache(suffering) you will be extremely happy when its healed(contentment). If you never had a toothache(contentment) you will feel like killing yourself when you finally get one(suffering)

5.If your loved on dies(suffering) you will cherish life a lot more(contentment). If no one you love dies for a long time(contentment) you will be extremely hurt when they finally do cuz you spent more time with them(suffering).

6. If you are extremely ugly(suffering) you will feel ecstatic when you get plastic surgery(contentment). If you were always good looking(contentment) you will be filled with hate when your face gets messed up(suffering)

There are MILLIONS of examples. Its not so extreme every time. There is a big scale and whatever place on it you are will determine HOW MUCH suffering or contentment you feel. Most people have to deal with both so they are closer to the neutral point of the scale...

For example if you have very mild pain then WHEN its healed you will only be mildly grateful.

This will also determine what kind of person you become. If you suffering a lot everyday you will become more resistant and stronger towards it. You will also cherish life a lot more and have love for all things. You will know how to do many things like grow your own food ect.

If you are spoiled rotten you will become a nasty degenerate. Peverted, hateful, destructive ect you wont know how to do anything because everything was always given to you or for food for example it was grown for you and you just bought it in a store.

p.s when i say suffering there are many levels for example Work. Hard work is technically suffering and how much is how hard your job is. Not all work is like this. Also contentment could be something as small as buying food ect from the store. Driving a car. Having a home. Being complimented.

If i keep complimenting you then you will have a over inflated ego which leads to many bad things. If you were scorn a lot then you will correct your mistakes and when i finally do compliment you it will have a lot more meaning to it and make you much happier.

If you tell your wife you love her everyday it will become worn out she won't believe you. If you only say it once in a while or rarely she will be completely ecstatic hearing it from you.

Did i dumb it down enough for you? nungali / earl grey

Edited by ThreeLeaf
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Opposite of giving life(birth) is taking life(murder)

th?id=OIP.6lcom7_rV2UClKDAhUorjAHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=263&h=177

th?id=OIP.HOCnGT00RLR03yUOYDTnWAHaH-&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Any leaf on a tree does not think of killing... murder...

It is too busy living in silence...

source.gif

- Anand

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

If you suffering a lot everyday you will become more resistant and stronger towards it. You will also cherish life a lot more and have love for all things. You will know how to do many things like grow your own food ect.

A person that experience traumatic events that push them beyond their ability to return to a flexible and balanced state will become weaker and less resilient over time, with reduced ability to cherish and love. So you take out the ones that have above average resilience, and create an idealized image from that. In a similar vein, you miss-quote the Stanford prison experiment, and you have actually read the Idiot's guide to..... 

Wow. 

You will fit right in here, welcome! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Also for suffering i will list a bunch of examples to get it through your thick heads.

th?id=OIP.ioK7SN-i_0aaM5PACYOCdQHaIp&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

A person that experience traumatic events that push them beyond their ability to return to a flexible and balanced state will become weaker and less resilient over time, with reduced ability to cherish and love. So you take out the ones that have above average resilience, and create an idealized image from that. In a similar vein, you miss-quote the Stanford prison experiment, and you have actually read the Idiot's guide to..... 

Wow. 

Give examples for pushed beyond their ability to return. It's easy to say things not so easy to find examples then really think them through. I did mention however WHEN(which takes time) they do return they will be infinitely times more happy and stronger. There is no such thing as not having the ability to return imo

Edited by ThreeLeaf
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

th?id=OIP.ioK7SN-i_0aaM5PACYOCdQHaIp&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Lima your not a bad guy. But i think you can see who are really being rude. If you just listen to everything nungali and earl says its not hard to see whats going on.

• Haha 1

Cleansox you asked for mechanical process on how the moons gravity affects the water in our body and what its doing. I'll try to find a answer. But i think since liquid(spinal FLUID) is easily moved instead of like bones. Then if it can be pulled or moved it will.

Edited by ThreeLeaf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Cleansox you asked for mechanical process on how the moons gravity affects the water in our body and what its doing. I'll try to find a answer. But i think since liquid(spinal FLUID) is easily moved instead of like bones. Then if it can be pulled or moved it will.

So, you basically made that one up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

A person that experience traumatic events that push them beyond their ability to return to a flexible and balanced state will become weaker and less resilient over time, with reduced ability to cherish and love.

Hi Cleansox,

I had come across a few  such persons at TDB

They come to this forum to seek paths forward on their own strengths

I have the privilege to know them better on a one-to-one

They know who they are

I am proud to call them friends

- Anand

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Give examples for pushed beyond their ability to return.

Post traumatic stress syndrome? 

Any number of problems related to autonomic dysregulation? 

Prediction related issues (for the nerds 😜)? 

It's easy to say things not so easy to find examples then really think them through. I did mention however WHEN(which takes time) they do return they will be infinitely times more happy and stronger. There is no such thing as not having the ability to return imo

That's your opinion, which is not based on things like medical experience. 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Limahong said:

I had come across a few  such persons at TDB

Hurt people are everywhere. 

I think that it is distasteful to glorify their pain and imply that they are weak when they cannot become strong and happy as a result of that pain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I think that it is distasteful to glorify their pain and imply that they are weak when they cannot become strong and happy as a result of that pain.

Those few that I have come to know better privately at TDB have great strengths.

They just needed trust to share openly.

24 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Post traumatic stress syndrome? 

Any number of problems related to autonomic dysregulation? 

Prediction related issues (for the nerds 😜)? 

That's your opinion, which is not based on things like medical experience. 

There are people that have cured traumatic stress syndrome with a technique called Rewind.

Here is a link to it. https://www.thefusionmodel.com/yes-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-can-cured-quickly/

Autonomic dysregulation is a bodily disorder which all bodily disorders can be cured with proper procedure. DNA doesn't stay the same and is constantly changing. Not only that but i actually have a whole guide to bring someone back to perfect health. Every disorder is caused from a imbalance too little or too much of something. I had a nervous system problem that has been cured.

prediction related issues not sure what you mean but maybe its piano syndrome. Where you become lost in your mind with too much thinking. STOP THINKING there its cured lool.

No such thing as not having the ability to return. Except getting legs cut off. Its kinda off topic tho. You having legs(contentment) and removing legs(suffering). Getting fake legs(contentment) fake legs breaking(suffering)

Btw imo the whole medical system we have in the west is trash. Imo only good doctor is a surgeon.

Edited by ThreeLeaf
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

No such thing as not having the ability to return.

If you say so. 

But, actually, taking examples from persons that manage to do a thing is not the same as seeing those that cannot. 

But that doesn't fit in the philosophy you are posting here. 

• Like 1

No such thing as CAN"T be cured. There is no poison that doesn't have a antidote. If there is then it hasn't been found yet.

Edited by ThreeLeaf

Suffering does not beget suffering. If you got beaten as a child tell me are you going to beat your kids? Give examples to things you say dont just say them(nunali/Earl). Give me a example of suffering bringing about more suffering.

Edited by ThreeLeaf

3 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Not only that but i actually have a whole guide to bring someone back to perfect health. Every disorder is caused from a imbalance too little or too much of something. I had a nervous system problem that has been cured.

Good for you ~ but not everyone is the same.

7 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

No such thing as not having the ability to return. Except getting legs cut off. Its kinda off topic tho. You having legs(contentment) and removing legs(suffering)

Why am I thinking of legs now...?

th?id=OIP.N7GcsjVrDU05h0YMaiTs9AHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

I will sleep now to rest my legs ~ need them for jogging at sunrise.

Good night.

- Anand

What is greater being smart or being stupid?? Neither they are perfectly balanced. Although being stupid sucks there is great beauty in it. There is a good reason we are not too smart because if we were there would be no mystery and curiosity. You will be more bored and emotionless. If you are stupid then you will be much happier. More emotional and greater excitement. Ignorance is bliss. There are many examples. This relates to suffering/contentment too. What i been trying to explain are GREATER DAOS. There are little daos, medium, large, and greater. All high daos pervade all lower daos. Creation/destruction are found in all things because they are at the top. Only laws above them are imo nihility and its opposite existence are the highest laws. Not sure where infinity fits in but its up there too maybe alongside existence idk even nothingness can be infinite. 

6 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Life and birth are completely separate things.... Life is like existence and birth more like creation. Birth is the act of creating life. Of Course when its in the womb its in the process of being birthed/born. Opposite of birth is not death. Opposite of death is life... Opposite of giving life(birth) is taking life(murder).

I think the confusion here is mixing the idea of 'life'  ... that is , a definition of life  ... the 'animate '

with

the concept 'one's  own life '  or  another's individuals life .

I think you DO understand that  birth does NOT create life and are just being a bit obstinate  .... but maybe you are not and are genuinely confused about it a bit .

Birth s NOT the act of creating life  ... surely you know that  and know that  even a fetus is 'alive' .  However 'our life ' is usually understood to start at birth .  But maybe check with a mother  about that first before you come to firm conclusions . They are WELL AWARE that life begins before birth .

I am not saying the opposite of  birth is death , I am saying  birth and death are a part of life and can represent  life's polarities .

I suppose one could say the opposite of giving birth is  taking someone's life  (murder ) , but that doesnt mean what you suggested  previously  that murders have to be committed so babies can be born, and THAT is what I had contention with .

I found a discussion on this topic on the internet. Many people with many different answers and only one guy realized its murder/killing.

yes.  That would be right . I am not surprised you could only find one ... its a very 'unusual' view point .

I also notice an interesting dynamic here , in your usage of 'realised'  .  Even though only two people  where found to have that viewpoint (that includes you ), you are not saying ' Oh ... only one other guy  thinks what I do. "    You are assuming everyone else  lacks 'realization'   as if it is a fact .

I think this is at the root of your psychological syndrome  -  where you have become so sure about your limited knowledge , you find it hard to take in other information or valid criticisms .

If you still don't believe then what is the opposite of murder/killing?

See , you are asking if I 'believe ' yet . That further demonstrates  this syndrome .

Anyway, I will answer you question ;  I believe the opposite of murder / killing  someone  is saving someone's life .

Also, on a large scale  of murder and killing ( say, a war for example , or a genocide ) the opposite of that is  saving people, helping them and offering them refuge and assistance .

Which , incidentally, is a field  both  I and Earl Grey have worked in  .    (And also I have done it a few times on the individual level , in my hospital work ... and 1 on 1  'out in the field ' as it where  ...... seeing someone about to be killed , or close to it  and stepped in and stopped it  ... while onlookers  dumbly watched like a herd of transfixed cattle .)

For me thats a much better 'opposite response '  .... I mean I could have left them to their own fate , and ran off and got a woman pregnant instead  ..... but at the time , I did not consider that course of action would help others much .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Also for suffering i will list a bunch of examples to get it through your thick heads..

Ummmm ... its not us that have  the thick heads .     I dont even disagree with you about  your take on suffering , generally .

I disagree with you about the stuff I wrote about , but you reacted and claimed I disagreed with everything you wrote .

1.If you starve(suffering) food tastes 1000 times better and you are more grateful loving towards it(contentment). If you eat fav food everyday(contentment) you become sick of it and hate it(suffering)

• I actually said that previously !  and I said  'water tastes delicious to the thirsty . I also quoted  , right at the beginning that separation is a sauce to whet one's appetite for a greater unification to come   ... so what is wrong with you ? Why do keep doing stuff like this, not reading what people say and then getting upset and insulting them for not understanding you when in part they agreed with you ???

2.If i punched you in the face(suffering) you will be very grateful when i stop hitting you(contentment).

If you punched me in the face ... I dont think  'grateful'  would be in my vocabulary ,  I would 'switch modes' very differently .

But then you would probably whine , complain and report my behaviour .

here is a better example  to show I agree with this  in principle  ( but not by example )   -  I have seen a lot of death and suffering and dead and mangled bodies , even  small children . I have come so very close to death myself , a few times , that I now love life very much and appreciate it  , I am grateful to be alive , and usually start each days first consciousness  with  " I am still alive ? !  Thank you !  "

This is a deep and true contentment  that has come about by two things  - experiencing suffering and  actually doing something about it .

By the way , I acknowledge your own suffering that you outlined with your family  and I am glad YOU have found a way to deal with it .

Again  THIS IS NOT what I am criticising  in your posts ..

If you never get hit in your life(contentment) when i do hit you its gonna hurt a lot more cuz your not used to it no resistance(suffering)

I would not be using me for such an example , again I understand the principle  ... but I have been hit a lot , its second nature .

It remains to be seen if you are able to hit me in the first place 

sword.jpg

:)

3. If a plant is exposed to harsh winds/storm(suffering) when it stops it will become stronger and survive easier(contentment). If you baby a plant in a green house for too long(contentment) then put it outside in hard winds ect it will die very fast(suffering)

Yep .       Much better analogy .

Doesnt mean  murders need to be committed for babies to be born though  , or  CSF rises on a full moon or at high tide .

Hint ;  try to remain focused on the issues .

4.If you have a toothache(suffering) you will be extremely happy when its healed(contentment). If you never had a toothache(contentment) you will feel like killing yourself when you finally get one(suffering)

Yes same again .    They are all examples of the same thing ,  but these are not the things I am disagreeing with you about .

Do you find that you have communication difficulties with people face to face and get into arguments and misunderstandings a bit ?

5.If your loved on dies(suffering) you will cherish life a lot more(contentment). If no one you love dies for a long time(contentment) you will be extremely hurt when they finally do cuz you spent more time with them(suffering).

see above

6. If you are extremely ugly(suffering) you will feel ecstatic when you get plastic surgery(contentment). If you were always good looking(contentment) you will be filled with hate when your face gets messed up(suffering)

Okay, now its getting a bit weird  ... that first part .    I am pretty ugly ... but it never stopped  numerous ( according to outside observations ) women wanting intimacy with me . I have to admit , gaining contentment via plastic surgery would have to be one of the furthest things in my mind to contemplate !  :huh:

There are MILLIONS of examples. Its not so extreme every time. There is a big scale and whatever place on it you are will determine HOW MUCH suffering or contentment you feel. Most people have to deal with both so they are closer to the neutral point of the scale...

For example if you have very mild pain then WHEN its healed you will only be mildly grateful.

This will also determine what kind of person you become. If you suffering a lot everyday you will become more resistant and stronger towards it. You will also cherish life a lot more and have love for all things. You will know how to do many things like grow your own food ect.

Okay okay we get it  ... I never  disagreed with this .

Its remarkable how much you are  prepared to lay out point by point what I never criticised  in the first place .

In case you forgot , or still do not realise , my criticisms are about your analogy of  your (misunderstood ) process of tides and full moons with  a fluctuation in the  flow of the CSF in a tantric application.

If you are spoiled rotten you will become a nasty degenerate. Peverted, hateful, destructive ect you wont know how to do anything because everything was always given to you or for food for example it was grown for you and you just bought it in a store.

Hmmm ... I was kinda suspecting this list would morph to something like this , ya should have quit while you where ahead  :)

< ahem >

How dare you  sir !  

I was spoilt rotten and still am !  I was bought up in   a rich affluent western lower middle class society, we always had food and shelter, my parents looked after me and loved me . I had schooling and friends, a beautiful clean environment. This gave me a great head start and the ability to be able to show care and consideration to others ( that actually needed it ) ; working in  a hospital  (try a 5: 30 am start  in winter , starting the day with  showering old people and helping them get dressed and eat breakfast , consoling parents after viewing their dead mangled kids in the mortuary,  working with ex torture victims for amnesty international, who showed me where parts of their body had been removed for 'punishment ' ,  working in assiting refugees for relocation etc etc .

p.s when i say suffering there are many levels for example Work. Hard work is technically suffering and how much is how hard your job is. Not all work is like this. Also contentment could be something as small as buying food ect from the store. Driving a car. Having a home. Being complimented.

Yes, partially . I do find contentment with work though , as now I only do work I want to do and choose to do for enjoyment , and have for a while .  I enjoy 'working' in the garden and growing my own food .

I  can be  a real materialist , yes,  shopping, driving ( and motorcycling ) I enjoy , especially having a home  ( I am fairly cancerian  / lunar )

Being complimented  ?   not so much ; 

as my lodge master pointed out to  others  : ' He does not  require ear tickling ."

[ ref;  

11. Do good unto others for its own sake, not for reward, not for gratitude from them, not for sympathy. If thou art generous, thou wilt not long for thine ears to be tickled by expressions of gratitude. ]

If i keep complimenting you then you will have a over inflated ego which leads to many bad things.

Nope, it would just annoy me and make me wonder what you you want from me .

If you were scorn a lot then you will correct your mistakes and when i finally do compliment you it will have a lot more meaning to it and make you much happier.

Nope again .   If you scorn me that is fine  IF you can show valid logical and reasonable cause  for such scorn , then I will correct my mistakes .

If you tell your wife you love her everyday it will become worn out she won't believe you. If you only say it once in a while or rarely she will be completely ecstatic hearing it from you.

:D   You would not have said that if you knew my wife !

Did i dumb it down enough for you? nungali / earl grey

It started okay then got repetitive  then got weird . 

The dumb part was how you keep explaining what I know about  and agree with you about but  didnt adrdess anything I did not agree with you  about .

..... but it did give me opportunity to post a wall of text     :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cleansox said:

A person that experience traumatic events that push them beyond their ability to return to a flexible and balanced state will become weaker and less resilient over time, with reduced ability to cherish and love.

like suicides ....

"They didnt wait long enough " 

;) 

So you take out the ones that have above average resilience, and create an idealized image from that. In a similar vein, you miss-quote the Stanford prison experiment, and you have actually read the Idiot's guide to..... 

fudge
/fʌdʒ/
See definitions in:
all
food
journalism
noun
noun: fudge; plural noun: fudges
  1. 1.
    a soft crumbly or chewy sweet made from sugar, butter, and milk or cream.
    h
    Similar:
    chewy sweet
    toffee

• North American
      rich chocolate, used especially as a sauce or a filling for cakes.
      modifier noun: fudge
      "a sundae with whipped cream, ice cream, hot fudge, and a cherry on top"
  2. 2.
    an attempt to fudge an issue.
    "the new settlement is a fudge rushed out to win cheers at the conference"
    h
    Similar:
    compromise

cover-up

halfway house

equivocation

spin

casuistry

sophistry

speciousness
    cop-out

h
    Opposite:
    straightforwardness
    • archaic
      nonsense.
      "I hope your marriage will cure you of your silly fudge"
  3. 3.
    a piece of late news inserted in a newspaper page.

verb
verb: fudge; 3rd person present: fudges; past tense: fudged; past participle: fudged; gerund or present participle: fudging
  1. present or deal with (something) in a vague or inadequate way, especially so as to conceal the truth or mislead.
    "the authorities have fudged the issue"

Wow. 

:D

Give examples for pushed beyond their ability to return.

Ummmm .... suicides ?

The Aboriginal Kaidilt .  The Ik of Uganda . 

to name just a few .

It's easy to say things not so easy to find examples then really think them through. I did mention however WHEN(which takes time) they do return they will be infinitely times more happy and stronger. There is no such thing as not having the ability to return imo

I met  a couple who where concentration camp survivors ,   they did not think they where  happier and stronger  when they returned .  Same with the torture victims I worked with , they where much happier and stonger before the torture .

Again, your underlying principles are valid in some circumstances ,  but your applications and examples are often rather atrocious .

By now I feel confident to deeper analyse your issues  ;   you lack experience in this field , objective experience , you base your theories on what you had to do yourself to get over your own grief, thats fine - for you , and I am glad you have been able to do it.

But it certainly is not valid for everyone else's situations and experience .  When one starts helping others  to heal and  stops focusing so much on one's own experience , ones; conclusions become more objective and valid and one does not feel the need to project one's personal solutions out on to everyone else  ... and then get angry and insulting becasue they dont agree with your narrow viewpoint .

• Like 1

Lima your not a bad guy. But i think you can see who are really being rude. If you just listen to everything nungali and earl says its not hard to see whats going on.

See ... cant even take a little advice from someone as  luvable and innocuously annoying   (  :D )  as our Limi   .

I think it IS hard for you to see what is going on here .