ThreeLeaf

Cool and interesting stuff on health and spirituality

dwai

MODERATOR NOTE:

 

This thread has been locked pending mod team review, and will be moved to the pit or cleaned up and unlocked if deemed fit. 

Message added by dwai

Recommended Posts

    I just thought of something insanely cool and interesting. So when the communists invaded tibet and ranscacked all their temples. They managed to decypher their language. It is split into formal and non formal very cryptic. That's not important. But what is is that they found a ancient record! It stated that their ancestors came from sirius B constellation! They are aliens. In the text it said that they could create matter with their mind! They came to earth in search for immortality. But according to the book which analyzes this it is said that they ate gluten from grain and lost their power. They sent 2 ships 1000's of years apart. My hypothesis is one landed in egypt the annunaki sky people which are said to give us our first math system crazy.

 

   The record wasnt added to their collection cuz it was said to be too crazy loool! But a guy was their when it happened and he added it to the book and told his story.

 

   Anyway i can find the source if yall really interested. But its 100% true. Also in the book they talked about how they can lift extremely heavy stones and transport them through sound. They would put it in a bowl made of stone or metal i forget. Then they would all circle it with a instrument flute i think. When they played their music the stone would levitate for them to move it. Explains how many heavy stones are mysteriously moved throughout history. Ya i know of rolling pins but still cant explain many things.

 

   Also the book talked about how a tourist insulted a tibetan monk and the monk threw a energy snake towards that person. The person freaked out and ran away. Makes sense cuz cultivation is all about energy.

 

   Also it talked about tibetans could glide across the snow. When they hopped and traveled over snow it would look like they are defying gravity. Makes sense cuz ppl are said to levitate via negative pole energy.

 

   Anyway thought i would share that crazy story. It has always stuck with me cuz it makes a lot of sense to me.

Edited by ThreeLeaf
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello xiangong. Saw you liked my post about the book on tibetans. Was editing it when you liked it sorry for bad grammar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for editing the first post--now I can see all the fallacies and lack of historical or technical understanding there. 

 

I think going through each instance is going to only reinforce your belief in this, and you seem to be quite happy with yourself.

 

One thing I'll challenge you with is this, however: what makes your analysis unique? Is your analysis synthesizing everything that's already said (or as some would argue, syncretizing)? What do YOU bring to the table that is of material value?

 

Don't mistake my challenge for being a pinprick or devil's advocate, dude. This is just so YOU know what makes this useful for you, because even if nobody gets you, it has to mean something to you.

 

No platitudes like "knowledge is power" or "it makes me happy". DEFINE how this knowledge gives you power that would prevent others from taking advantage of you or give you an edge over others for knowing. EXPLAIN how this happiness you feel from what you've posited affects your overall being and brings balance to yourself. 

 

Or, ignore this and have the best day ever, dude! No sarcasm here, just friendly ribbin'. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

One thing I'll challenge you with is this, however: what makes your analysis unique? Is your analysis synthesizing everything that's already said (or as some would argue, syncretizing)? What do YOU bring to the table that is of material value?

 

Don't mistake my challenge for being a pinprick or devil's advocate, dude. This is just so YOU know what makes this useful for you, because even if nobody gets you, it has to mean something to you.

 

No platitudes like "knowledge is power" or "it makes me happy". DEFINE how this knowledge gives you power that would prevent others from taking advantage of you or give you an edge over others for knowing. EXPLAIN how this happiness you feel from what you've posited affects your overall being and brings balance to yourself. 

 

Or, ignore this and have the best day ever, dude! No sarcasm here, just friendly ribbin'. 

  

    Well the most important piece of info is about suffering. Its not something i ever read in a book or heard. So i could say its something i'm bringing to the table. Suffering makes people more pure of heart and its opposite contentment makes people corrupt perverted and destructive.

 

    When you realize even the negative things in life have a positive outcome its hard to say the world is not perfect. A lot of people have hate buried inside of them for any of the number of things that happen to us in life. So by knowing the truth of suffering you will feel more free and happy. Well at least i do and its not hard to see others will also.

 

  Also it gives one power because if negative things are said or happen to such a person they will be unfazed and there emotions not easily disturbed.

 

   Btw you could challenge me further and name ANY form of suffering and i could tell you its positive outcome. Unless you already understand what i'm saying and you agree with me. Imo its the cycle of creation and destruction inside of emotions? Imo higher laws pervade all lower laws. I never came across any thread or discussion on the topic before which is unfortunate to me.

 

   I hope i'm answereing some of your questions. I like how your not trying to scapegoat me or compare me to others like everyone else. I like your positivity and thank you for taking your time to respond to my thread.

 

Btw if anyone else reads this i don't mind being scapegoated or compared to others cuz you got a good laugh at it didn't you loool. Neg creating pos.

Edited by ThreeLeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Well the most important piece of info is about suffering. Its not something i ever read in a book or heard. So i could say its something i'm bringing to the table. Suffering makes people more pure of heart and its opposite contentment makes people corrupt perverted and destructive.

 

It could also be you've independently reached similar conclusions to ones made before. ;) 

 

With a little extrapolation, there is some truth in what you're saying, but through observation throughout the ages, suffering begets suffering and it takes special individuals to rise above it...which is why so many spiritual teachers and religions formed to help alleviate that and educate others to transcend it. I believe you are probably talking about two things here: suffering itself and the inspiration to rise above suffering, because suffering itself could be considered a state just as much being sick doesn't mean you'll get well, such as people with cancer!

 

Likewise, if we frame contentment as a state, this doesn't necessarily make people "corrupt, perverted, and destructive". I think you mean "apathy" because you can be spiritually contented, though it's not the same contentment you refer to where you're satisfied and bored, it's closer to the contentment of having achieved a small feat such as 1.2 million repetitions of chanting Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum. 

 

1 hour ago, ThreeLeaf said:

When you realize even the negative things in life have a positive outcome its hard to say the world is not perfect. A lot of people have hate buried inside of them for any of the number of things that happen to us in life. So by knowing the truth of suffering you will feel more free and happy. Well at least i do and its not hard to see others will also.

 

I'm sure someone will bring up the Holocaust or Pol Pot, the AIDS crisis, and famine in East Africa in the 80s. 

 

What you are more likely to understand is that attachment to outcomes is more of a cause for suffering rather than the things themselves, especially for more everyday obstacles to awakening.

 

1 hour ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Also it gives one power because if negative things are said or happen to such a person they will be unfazed and there emotions not easily disturbed.

 

"I'm rubber, you're glue..."

 

I find you can respond appropriately to whatever comes your way without reacting--important distinction there.

 

1 hour ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Btw you could challenge me further and name ANY form of suffering and i could tell you its positive outcome. Unless you already understand what i'm saying and you agree with me. Imo its the cycle of creation and destruction inside of emotions? Imo higher laws pervade all lower laws. I never came across any thread or discussion on the topic before which is unfortunate to me.

 

See my above examples, or even Uighurs in concentration camps now and cultural genocide on the macro level.

 

On the micro level, think of the hell realms, the hungry ghosts, those born with disabled bodies, hereditary health conditions, or even abnormal conditions like those with tumors on their face as you can see with this guy in India (YouTube video for it).

 

It's not as simple as "thinking positively" because it takes a lot from proper teachings to good community, teacher, and personal effort. Personal effort with inadequate means actually causes harm to others as much as it inflicts self-suffering.

 

1 hour ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   I hope i'm answereing some of your questions. I like how your not trying to scapegoat me or compare me to others like everyone else. I like your positivity and thank you for taking your time to respond to my thread.

 

Having friends who can challenge you to some foosball to see who picks up the bar tab is as fun as friends who are there to comfort you and play Care Bears hugging and saying "You rock, rockstar!"

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

I read like half of what you said

 

That's like saying YES to someone who says FREE SEX

 

before they actually get to finish their sentence and say "CHANGE". 

 

You seem too eager to respond before actually taking time to consider responding, which means you're reacting more than responding.

 

Making a judgment so quickly is an emotional reaction and doesn't usually characterize people with strong development and insight. 

 

19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

I believe when you are down(suffering) the only way is for you to go up(contentment).

 

This means that your definition of suffering discounts good teachers. I'm not sure if you've had any good teachers or systems to guide you forward or if you were advised by Dr. Google, Wikipedia University, and Professional Redditors.

 

19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

You said contentment doesnt make you corrupt. Tell that to all the spoiled brats of the world.

 

You think there's only one kind of contentment? :rolleyes:

 

If you think the contentment of a mountain hermit yogi is the same as a trust fund kid in Los Angeles, this false equivalence fallacy is a poorly-constructed argument. It's the same as saying a sorority girl with a pimple on her face is as bad as our friend with the tumors on his face--their suffering isn't the same condition that leads to the same outcome, as this suffering is both different extremes and derived from different origins. 

 

19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

y did a experiment years back which became a movie. They took a bunch of volenteers and split them up into 2 groups. One were the prisoners and the others were the prison guards. They then put them all into prison to play their roles. They found out the ones with power(contentment)the guards became corrupt and violated tortured shamed ect(suffering) the prisoners.

 

That's the Stanford Prison Experiment and you seem to only know not only superficial elements of the study, but have made false conclusions and added details that weren't there. 

 

19 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

The ones suffering would try to save the rest of the prisoners so you can see suffering creates pure of heart hero's. If you want more examples i could give you endless. Even the most mundane things can explain this its just simple creation destruction laws.

 

This is a real ass pull here. 

 

I think the core of your fundamental misunderstanding is that you're not only oversimplifying, but you're referring to concepts and words that do not mean what you think they mean... :ph34r:

 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You seem too eager to respond before actually taking time to consider responding, which means you're reacting more than responding.

 

 I told you i would slowly go through it. I guess you left that out on purpose for other reasons i wont say. Be patient.

 

Sorry what i mean by contentment is whatever the opposite of suffering is i dont know if that is a good word.

 

There are infinite amounts of contentment not sure how i implied there was only 1 but ok.

 

Your right the i got all my info on the experiment from the movie. I didnt realize it wasnt accurate even though they said it was a true story.

 

If you are down the only way for you to go is up. Not sure how this insults teachers but ok. Pretty basic stuff here...

 

If a plant is exposed to wind/storm/heat ect the harsh enviroment it becomes stronger and can survive.If its in a greenhouse is babied then transplanted outside it will die first storm that hits. You dare challenge me on this! how dare you!! loool jk

 

No offense but i've told many people about this before and some absolutely agree and understand it but most like you have some kind of mental block and make up stuff like it being a insult to teachers. Some people just have a mental block. They just cant understand how suffering can have a positive outcome or vice versa boggles my mind.

Edited by ThreeLeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 I told you i would slowly go through it. I guess you left that out on purpose for other reasons i wont say. Be patient.

 

 

"Do as I say, not as I do."

 

You just said

 

45 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

I read like half of what you said no offense i will take my time going through it slowly. But from what i can see i completely disagree with a lot of what you said.

 

You replied after only going through "like half of what I said" and already started responding to me instead of responding in full after reading the whole thing.

 

Double-standards, much?

 

Nothing to do with my patience, dude. 

 

23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Sorry what i mean by contentment is whatever the opposite of suffering is i dont know if that is a good word.

 

 

Yeah...sit on this a bit more, ideally with a good dictionary.

 

23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

There are infinite amounts of contentment not sure how i implied there was only 1 but ok.

 

 

Your word choice and your analogy talking about rich kids when I already pointed out other examples. :rolleyes:

 

23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Your right the i got all my info on the experiment from the movie. I didnt realize it wasnt accurate even though they said it was a true story.

 

"I believe everything I see on TV and hear on the radio! But I am SO SMART because of the INTERNETZ! I AM SO SMART I AM SO SMART! S-M-R-T--I MEAN S-M-A-R-T!"

 

Actually, you summarized it incorrectly. 

 

23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

If you are down the only way for you to go is up. Not sure how this insults teachers but ok. Pretty basic stuff here...

 

 

Now you're just trying to mischaracterize and distort what I said, which was

 

26 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

This means that your definition of suffering discounts good teachers. I'm not sure if you've had any good teachers or systems to guide you forward or if you were advised by Dr. Google, Wikipedia University, and Professional Redditors.

 

Which means that you basically ignore that a good teacher can't bring you up, "only suffering can" as you stated. 

 

23 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

No offense but i've told many people about this before and some absolutely agree and understand it but most like you have some kind of mental block and make up stuff like it being a insult to teachers. Some people just have a mental block. They just cant understand how suffering can have a positive outcome or vice versa boggles my mind.

 

Nah, you just aren't listening and not even bothering to clarify. Now you're putting it on us as though we have the mental block. 

 

You get one more try to engage rather than convert, then after that, I am not even going to bother any longer because this is too basic even without the weird assumptions and logical leaps, dude. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Earl grey

   How do you type so fast??? Please slow down i didnt even have time to go through your first post and you posted 2 more great walls. I will get to it in time but if your here just to scapegoat someone and make yourself look good its not working. I honestly don't mind but if i was a lesser man i would take offense to some of the things. Please I am happy to be able to talk to someone about these things but it will take some time for me traverse the heaven and earth of text. I might get back to it tonight of tomorrow but will in time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   How do you type so fast??? Please slow down i didnt even have time to go through your first post and you posted 2 more great walls. I will get to it in time but if your here just to scapegoat someone and make yourself look good its not working. I honestly don't mind but if i was a lesser man i would take offense to some of the things. Please I am happy to be able to talk to someone about these things but it will take some time for me traverse the heaven and earth of text. I might get back to it tonight of tomorrow but will in time.

 

LOL "Great Walls" that had paragraph breaks and were concise compared to your OP. 

 

I read a lot too dude, whether it's literature or your favorite, "manga and light novels", in addition to sutras and other texts. So excuse me, I can make my points quick, elaborate, and concise. 

 

Try responding to the first message before trying to immediately get to the most recent one, dude. Figure out your priority before reacting. Hell, follow Gurdjieff's method of waiting 24 hours to respond if you need to, even. This isn't a race, it's a dialogue. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

LOL "Great Walls" that had paragraph breaks and were concise compared to your OP. 

 

I read a lot too dude, whether it's literature or your favorite, "manga and light novels", in addition to sutras and other texts. So excuse me, I can make my points quick, elaborate, and concise. 

 

Try responding to the first message before trying to immediately get to the most recent one, dude. Figure out your priority before reacting. Hell, follow Gurdjieff's method of waiting 24 hours to respond if you need to, even. This isn't a race, it's a dialogue. 

You read manga and light novels? lol 24 hour method was what i was already using but since i saw so much energy from you decided to play a long. Do you mind me asking how old are you? Just curios.

 

edit ok i quickly read through most of what you said. I can tell you just want to play and have fun which is fine but... HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME!! loool just kidding. I'll have to go it through much slower. When i'm not so busy. Thanks for the entertainment!

Edited by ThreeLeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

health and spirituality

 

 

They can/may/... become better through suffering?

 

th?id=OIP.9rZfbDs83XLdOrebluDRbgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

 

 

- Anand

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Limahong

 

   Aw thanks lima. At least someone understands where I'm coming from.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2021 at 8:20 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

I forgot to mention new moon and full moon have same gravitational strength. 

 

Of course , so do 1/4 Moons, no Moons 3/4 Moons . That does not change what you wrote though  ....  " Like when oceans bulge when full moon passes. "     

 

Besides , if the Moon is full or new has nothing to do with its 'gravitational strength ' , it has to do with our observations from Earth and that CAN NOT change the Moon's 'gravitational strength' . Its clear you have not got a clue about this .   The Moon's 'gravitational  strength' remains the same and has the same effect on Earth .

 

On 24/09/2021 at 8:20 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

Look at it this way. Since its such a large object it will have high gravity. When the moon is a new moon or full moon its closer to earth. So since its so close to you it will have a greater pull on you.

 

Nah ... I dont think I will look at it that way at all, thanks .  :D 

 

 

On 24/09/2021 at 8:20 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

 

 

If i was on the left side of earth in the picture under the moon it would be a new moon. Sorry if i made any mistakes a little confuzzled lol

 

Yes, that appears so .  (to all of the above )

 

YET .....

 

 

Earth-Tides-pull-water-Sun-and-the.jpg

 

Look to the right image ; if your position is under the Moon , it high tide and half Moon .... and even, if you like;  ' If i was on the left side of earth in the picture (in this case  'under' the picture )  under the moon it would be a new moon ' - still wrong , it would be a half Moon .   So 'forgetting to mention new Moon' has nothing to do with it !

 

So regardless of your 'juggling' and wanting me to look at  it your  way , the idea of ,  " Like when oceans bulge when full moon passes. "    is still wrong .

 

This IS like talking to Drew !    :)  

 

- you learnt a lot from him .

 

 

 

On 24/09/2021 at 8:20 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

 

edit btw think the circle around earth indicates where the moon could be. So it can be on the right too which would make it full with a high tide i believe.

 

yes, but then  the other side on the left would be having a no Moon with high tide .

 

(if you are gonna fudge things by instantly zooming your observational point to the other side  of the planet , so can I .  :) )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2021 at 8:23 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

Ya imo. Well to be honest you could skip manga and just read light novels. I feel bad for people that don't and consider it a waste.

 

 

A light novel (ライトノベル, raito noberu) is a style of Japanese young adult novel primarily targeting high school and middle school students. ...

 

Since I am not a Japanese  high or middle school student , I feel they would be 'wasted ' on me .  :D 

 

 

On 24/09/2021 at 8:23 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

 

What do you do for fun?

 

Its listed under my avatar . But that is just a small sample from a greater list  . Recently I had great fun completing my plush separate bath house in the  forest (not made from bamboo ) ; Outside ;  merbau ( 'Borneo teak' )sustainable rainforest timber - board and baton walls and surrounding decking (for seating and potted plants ), interior ,  various shades of green , imported Italian 'crackle glaze' tiles ( laid with staggered pattern ) with a tile 'accent strip' of  silver and mother of pearl.  6 coat marine varnished merbau trim and sills ,  large glass panels for a view out to the garden, forest, valley, mountains  while showering , a slot drain in a 'river beach pebbles' tile floor , gas water heater with booster pump and extra large shower head  for hot high pressure showering   and a six coat marine varnish  white cyprus ceiling and basin stand/cupboard, a stone basin, retro light  fightings, bake-a-lite light switches ... etc etc .

 

actually DOING the stuff is for me, more fun than reading about it .  Working with wood is fun ; going from rough sawn, through the process to end up with a beautiful hand made product .

 

merbau-timber-1.jpg

merbau

 

Cypress_Pine_Tongue_Groove__67270.151173

white cyprus

 

 

On 24/09/2021 at 8:23 AM, ThreeLeaf said:

 

 

Also i am 30 kinda young kinda old idk.

 

 

 

And still in Japanese  High School ?   :o

 

Maybe study harder and read less comics ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Fixed errors in original post. Everything i have said comes from books and others. But the part about suffering comes from me! I would love to hear people opinions about it. How one side or opposite creates the other. It means the universe is perfect. Makes sense cuz ppl love god. If you have a problem with the world or universe it would mean you hate god or slap him in the face(cuz he created it) loool.

 

Suffering is a gift. Death is the most beautiful form of suffering because its inescapable.  Even the rich who could avoid most suffering can't avoid their loved ones dying and them inevitably suffering and becomming better ppl. Sounds crazy i know trust me. I feel like most humans have some mental block which they are incapable of understanding it.

 

Even murder can be justified(pro). Because with out taking or destroying life you cannot create or give life(birth). Without murder babies cant be born.

 

Yes, you learnt a lot off Drew .

 

I actually know a few babies  ( and now, some grown up ) and they didnt need any murders to be born .

 

You have some basics right , about 'suffering'   (eg.  The 'Goddess Nuit' explains that 'separation is a sauce to whet thy appetite '  for the great unification that will come later - in short , yes suffering makes greater joy possible , hunger makes food taste better , thirst makes water delicious, etc .  but its the  conclusions where you ran into trouble .

 

Looking at these 'polarities of experience'   it is NOT  birth and murder , the polarity there is birth and death .  And all these are based on triplicates ;  Life;  birth and death - coins ; heads and tails  - Dao, yin and yang ... and so on .

 

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

Makes sense since you need 2 people(birth) to murder someone(death).

 

2 people can make a baby .... I know no other way of doing that .  But what do the murderer and their victim create ?   A death ?

 

It makes no sense .

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

There are other factors like getting rid of tyrants list goes on to the pros. Every single thing in existance has a pro and con. Wish i could talk to ppl that are on my same wavelength.

 

There is a reason many are NOT on this wavelength .

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Well hope this helps you because knowing bad is good will make you love life more. You will feel more at peace in knowing this stuff. God hasn't abandoned you. You live in a perfect universe.

 

 

I hope you can still  know bad from good and understand the difference between philosophy and actions  required for living in societies .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

    I just thought of something insanely cool and interesting. So when the communists invaded tibet and ranscacked all their temples. They managed to decypher their language. It is split into formal and non formal very cryptic. That's not important. But what is is that they found a ancient record! It stated that their ancestors came from sirius B constellation! They are aliens. In the text it said that they could create matter with their mind! They came to earth in search for immortality. But according to the book which analyzes this it is said that they ate gluten from grain and lost their power. They sent 2 ships 1000's of years apart. My hypothesis is one landed in egypt the annunaki sky people which are said to give us our first math system crazy.

 

I agree!  It is crazy .

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   The record wasnt added to their collection cuz it was said to be too crazy loool! But a guy was their when it happened and he added it to the book and told his story.

 

Oh !  I thought this was going to be without reference and details .... but I see   " a guy " was there and he made a 'story' out of it  .

 

Did he put that story in a 'light novel' ?

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   Anyway i can find the source if yall really interested. But its 100% true.

 

:) 

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Also in the book they talked about how they can lift extremely heavy stones and transport them through sound. They would put it in a bowl made of stone or metal i forget. Then they would all circle it with a instrument flute i think. When they played their music the stone would levitate for them to move it. Explains how many heavy stones are mysteriously moved throughout history. Ya i know of rolling pins but still cant explain many things.

 

Like tides  and full Moons .

 

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   Also the book talked about how a tourist insulted a tibetan monk and the monk threw a energy snake towards that person. The person freaked out and ran away. Makes sense cuz cultivation is all about energy.

 

   Also it talked about tibetans could glide across the snow. When they hopped and traveled over snow it would look like they are defying gravity. Makes sense cuz ppl are said to levitate via negative pole energy.

 

Hang on , this book  and 'guy' you are referring to , it isnt

 

lobsang-rampa-books.jpg

 

is it ?

 

 

23 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   Anyway thought i would share that crazy story. It has always stuck with me cuz it makes a lot of sense to me.

 

 

It does  ? ....   " Sense "  ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

 

That's like saying YES to someone who says FREE SEX

 

before they actually get to finish their sentence and say "CHANGE". 

 

You seem too eager to respond before actually taking time to consider responding, which means you're reacting more than responding.

 

Making a judgment so quickly is an emotional reaction and doesn't usually characterize people with strong development and insight. 

 

 

This means that your definition of suffering discounts good teachers. I'm not sure if you've had any good teachers or systems to guide you forward or if you were advised by Dr. Google, Wikipedia University, and Professional Redditors.

 

 

You think there's only one kind of contentment? :rolleyes:

 

If you think the contentment of a mountain hermit yogi is the same as a trust fund kid in Los Angeles, this false equivalence fallacy is a poorly-constructed argument. It's the same as saying a sorority girl with a pimple on her face is as bad as our friend with the tumors on his face--their suffering isn't the same condition that leads to the same outcome, as this suffering is both different extremes and derived from different origins. 

 

 

That's the Stanford Prison Experiment and you seem to only know not only superficial elements of the study, but have made false conclusions and added details that weren't there. 

 

 

This is a real ass pull here. 

 

I think the core of your fundamental misunderstanding is that you're not only oversimplifying, but you're referring to concepts and words that do not mean what you think they mean... :ph34r:

 

 

 

257c6b63c49e3f0b8d4f0bd1a7905577.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 I told you i would slowly go through it. I guess you left that out on purpose for other reasons i wont say. Be patient.

 

Sorry what i mean by contentment is whatever the opposite of suffering is i dont know if that is a good word.

 

There are infinite amounts of contentment not sure how i implied there was only 1 but ok.

 

Your right the i got all my info on the experiment from the movie. I didnt realize it wasnt accurate even though they said it was a true story.

 

If you are down the only way for you to go is up. Not sure how this insults teachers but ok. Pretty basic stuff here...

 

If a plant is exposed to wind/storm/heat ect the harsh enviroment it becomes stronger and can survive.If its in a greenhouse is babied then transplanted outside it will die first storm that hits. You dare challenge me on this! how dare you!! loool jk

 

No offense but i've told many people about this before and some absolutely agree and understand it but most like you have some kind of mental block and make up stuff like it being a insult to teachers. Some people just have a mental block. They just cant understand how suffering can have a positive outcome or vice versa boggles my mind.

 

No, thats not the problem at all here , and with you . Many of us know full well and understand that  " suffering can have a positive outcome " , its what YOU did with that .  meaning ; this does not imply that " If you are down the only way for you to go is up." ... errrm, have you heard of suicide , self mutilation and other horrible processes  ( when a person or  whole culture even) 'collapses  and results in death and extinction ? 

 

Yes, suffering CAN have a positive outcome, but that does not mean it always will .     You have discovered some principles but have misinterpreted their applications .

 

The perfect example of this is your claim that murder is necessary for babies to be born . Maybe that is what 'they' cant understand  and it isnt that they cant understand  " suffering can have a positive outcome" , at all .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

 

   How do you type so fast??? Please slow down i didnt even have time to go through your first post and you posted 2 more great walls. I will get to it in time but if your here just to scapegoat someone and make yourself look good its not working. I honestly don't mind but if i was a lesser man i would take offense to some of the things. Please I am happy to be able to talk to someone about these things but it will take some time for me traverse the heaven and earth of text. I might get back to it tonight of tomorrow but will in time.

 

 

200.gif

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

    So earl grey you asked me to justify all the greastest suffering and evil's in this world. I thought of one for plague and genocide. Hopefully i dont sound too much of a psychopath lool. You see when mars was first studied it was determined the planet was one giant organism. Just like earth is and we life are its cells. But when you got a lot of overgrowth and cancerous cells then the host will die. When the planet becomes over populated and we use up all its natural resources we are screwed. Not only that but the pollution itself is killing the planet. Also the earths magnetism is reaching 0 which would disable our defences from the sun. This is due to electromagnetic radiation which is my hypothesis. There are other positives on lower levels. Imo death is the most graceful and beautiful form of suffering because its inescabable. Even corrupt rich people who can avoid every form of suffering cant avoid there loved ones dying or the fear of themselves dying.

 

   Let me speak from a personal view. When i was 9 my brother died when i was 12 my mother died. That completely changed me for the better as bad as it sounds. But it made me think more about life after death. It made me a smarter and more curios person searching for answers. Also the pain itself makes life that much sweeter knowing it can be taken away from you very easily makes you appreciate and be more grateful towards life. I'm sure i'm missing more but this is not bad so far even though i admit does sound insane. But getting rid of plague and genocide is like slapping god in his face because he is the one that created and allowed it to happen. It indeed happens for a reasons us lowly mortals are too stupid to comprehend.

 

 

So... after much thought  you come up with an answer for E.G.  as  " to justify all the greastest suffering and evil's in this world. "

by saying  ". But getting rid of plague and genocide is like slapping god in his face because he is the one that created and allowed it to happen."  and   . "It indeed happens for a reasons us lowly mortals are too stupid to comprehend. "

 

this is the reason you came up with to justify plague and genocide   ?

 

:rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Limahong said:

 

 

They can/may/... become better through suffering?

 

th?id=OIP.9rZfbDs83XLdOrebluDRbgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

 

 

- Anand

 

 

 

 

True Limi .

 

Now, can you find a meme and a song about how murder is necessary for babies to be born ?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.