Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

Silent movies and no fancy tech like now...

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and portable Martian's   (from an old TV show called, My favorite Martian with Bill Bixby before The Hulk)

My_Favorite_Martian_Ray_Walston_1963.jpg.4f204017de5bc69694f4d8f34a403b60.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I never realised that was 'The Hulk'  ... that must be where he caught that 'green Martian' colour from.

 

That used to be on tv in afternoon after school  rather lame I thought  but watched it to just pass the tv time until  this came on  :)

 

 

image.png.cc0844e310991cec7e458d06a153dd42.png

 

 

or this

 

xsU3UBo2Mf2ktRzi-3dLWxZg0W9DUCHG6f0pzb6R

 

 

Edited by Nungali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I never realised that was 'The Hulk'  ... that must be where he caught that 'green Martian' colour from.

 

That used to be on tv in afternoon after school  rather lame I thought  but watched it to just pass the tv time until  this came on  :)

 

 

image.png.cc0844e310991cec7e458d06a153dd42.png

 

 

or this

 

xsU3UBo2Mf2ktRzi-3dLWxZg0W9DUCHG6f0pzb6R

 

 

 

Bill Bixby was the co-star and not in the picture I posted...

yep I remember Mr. Ed. and Green acres...while we are at it lets not forget the Munsters 

download.jpg.3f1b13812a15c4dc8a1912c49225fc13.jpg

or the Mayberry gang

images.jpg.7a08869fe6fcf3fc27a114f9005c212a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, old3bob said:

 

Bill Bixby was the co-star and not in the picture I posted...

 

Really ?

 

:D

 

6 hours ago, old3bob said:

yep I remember Mr. Ed. and Green acres...while we are at it lets not forget the Munsters 

download.jpg.3f1b13812a15c4dc8a1912c49225fc13.jpg

 

I much more preferred

 

jinwn635bqe31.jpg

 

 

6 hours ago, old3bob said:

or the Mayberry gang

images.jpg.7a08869fe6fcf3fc27a114f9005c212a.jpg

 

My early 'work ethic' model;

 

 

Maynard.jpg

 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steve said:

Or one of my fav’s -

 

lost-in-space-60s.jpg?quality=80&strip=a

 

 

 

I would have thought

 

 

6dd219488d8e530055c075b13e95d676?impolic

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

Really ?  :D

 

I much more preferred

jinwn635bqe31.jpg

 

 

Righto,  btw  isn't that Gilligan in the other picture? He sure looks different as Dobbie...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

 

 

I would have thought

 

 

6dd219488d8e530055c075b13e95d676?impolic

 

 

 

 

Don’t know that one but loved this one 

 

 

341F66FD-9A5F-4A65-97F6-E4AB01778426.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember this one...(he is even using a mask...)

776597.thumb.jpg.35729337a3d79d14e9c4eddb6ee07f48.jpg

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used a Wang in the late 70's when working in an organic chem lab...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, old3bob said:

 

Righto,  btw  isn't that Gilligan in the other picture? He sure looks different as Dobbie...:)

 

Yes it is 'Giiligan'  but there he is 'Maynard G. Krebbs '   .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this British 'retro' refit  for my  MC in the post yesterday .... gonna go out the shed and fit it  soon ( when it warms up a bit  ... 4 degrees this morning  :o )

 

 New stock/ standard monster

 

royal-enfield-motorcycle-classic-500-efi

 

 

Replacement  ;

 

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, steve said:

Don’t know that one but loved this one 

 

 

 

 

You never watched Monkey ? 

 

What a depraved  ..... I mean deprived  childhood .    Here ya go :

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I got this British 'retro' refit  for my  MC in the post yesterday .... gonna go out the shed and fit it  soon ( when it warms up a bit  ... 4 degrees this morning  :o )

 

 New stock/ standard monster

 

royal-enfield-motorcycle-classic-500-efi

 

 

Replacement  ;

 

maxresdefault.jpg

B)

very nice retro bike!  I don't care for the looks of new bikes.  Btw a gal will have to hug you pretty tight to safely ride double on that size of seat...clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

a common sight in India, women ridding side saddle along with some kids on the bike.

 

another hard to believe thing is all the powered rickshaws zipping around with some only being inches apart at times but hardly no accidents, when one would think an accident would be happening on just about every street!

download.jpg.1f0191aafd472fada3c1166f2879fae1.jpg

(wearing sandals on a bike, yikes)

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, old3bob said:

B)

very nice retro bike!  I don't care for the looks of new bikes.  Btw a gal will have to hug you pretty tight to safely ride double on that size of seat...clever.

 

I took the pillion 'pad' off the back mud guard   so I have an 'outward reason' not to double anybody   ;) 

 

But in the old days .....

 


You can see him every day
Riding down the queen's highway,
Handing out his small cigars
To the kids from school.
And all the little girls
With their bleached blond curls
Clump up on their platform soles.
And they say "Hey Ray let's ride away
Downtown where we can roll some alley bowls."
And Ray grins from ear to here, and whispers?
So follow me.
Trail along.
My leather jacket's buttoned up.
And my four-stroke song
Will pick you up when your last class ends;
And you can tell all your friends:
...
So follow me, hold on tight.
My school girl fancy's flowing in free flight.
I've a tenner in my skin tight jeans.
You can touch it if your hands are clean.
 
 
 
 
.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, old3bob said:

a common sight in India, women ridding side saddle along with some kids on the bike.

 

another hard to believe thing is all the powered rickshaws zipping around with some only being inches apart at times but hardly no accidents, when one would think an accident would be happening on just about every street!

download.jpg.1f0191aafd472fada3c1166f2879fae1.jpg

(wearing sandals on a bike, yikes)

 

Doubling little child on the tank  with  no helmet,  triple yikes.

 

Here is a standard Indian extra  ( essential actually );

 

 

royal-enfield_web.jpg

 

Saree guard .

 

 

 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monkey Magic!

I need to watch some more...

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

look ma no fenders for when I slide off the back! :o

(not retro but what the heck when its fun)

 

and some crazy snow cycling...

 

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then someone came with the bright idea of ice motocross .... just stick nails OUT your tyres ! 

 

 

 

36993f19accfb5f369721d33d741f511.jpg

 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpizvnyi0tQXT3hZrfVsT

 

 

Works fine until this happens  .....

 

 

 

Hf6pfPAJ9Nw9Op_YrffJ8fVwHQeqjNRQqSOvrv0g

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I wanted to use my bicycle through the winter in Minnesota, I made winter tires by installing alternating rows of 1/4" panhead bolts through the tires, from the inside out.  Rubber cement on the heads so they didn't tear the inner tube.  Lock washers on the outside.  Worked perfectly... and they made a great sound on ice, hard=pack and asphalt.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some old tech you can't improve on much.

 

I used to have these -- inherited from my mom

  

Vintage Ice Skates Hyde Athletic Shoes Black Leather | Etsy

 

and then these, exactly like my dad'sVintage speed skating skates with USSR quality sign soviet | Etsy

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I could surf but not ice skate worth beans...(thus a danger to myself and others with knife like runners on my feet ;-)

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites