RobB

Where do you sit?

20210116_102529.jpg

20210116_102448.jpgThere's a spot in the vocal booth, and one in the living room.  I drag a pillow around the garden in warm weather. 

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 2

Where its most convenient.  Nowadays my family room.  People keep moving my zafu, so I've taken to folding a wool blanket twice, lengthwise then rolling it up, leaving a foot stretched out for my knees.  Works pretty well.  

I look forward to Spring when I can meditate outside more.  Preferably a spot near the water, where its not too buggy.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RobB said:

So, where do you Bums perch your...bums... during your practice?

Hi RodB,

Wherever my bums make contact and...

th?id=OIP.w7iRTa5IPNtvC53NpYA9jgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=306&h=173

th?id=OIP.cVRZSywQPv57maqYf9txGwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Good Good Good Good Vibrations

th?id=OIP.O9Ka8xy-COXakA0k8lUW8AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

• Like 1

I dont normally sit during practice , so my bum is perched on top of my legs .

When I do sitting practice it is mostly in an outdoor  chair that keeps my back erect , outside under the bottle tree, looking down the valley  and at the head of  'Old Man Dreaming'   which sticks out of the mountain down valley .

119-1197446_img-3-arrow-down-drawn-3-arr

Leans+pano+Thora+NSW+NEW+PR.jpg?format=2

(This view is off to the side , his face is much clearer 'front on'   from my place  .... he lookin right at me ! )

Or part of me is flat on my back while the rest of me is a few metres away practising .

• Like 3

I practice whenever possible outside, often in my yard below.

I often practice indoors in a small meditation room.

My dogs frequently sit in the meditation room, with or without me.

yard.jpeg

seat.jpg

• Like 3

When I sit inside, my hands are folded loosely on my lap against lower dan tien. 

When I sit outside, my hands usually rest on my knees.  Sitting that way feels.. more open.  I'll sit hands to knees in a sauna too, it seems a bit more cooling.  

• Like 1