5 hours ago, dmattwads said:

And at the risk of sounding like a crazy person I was just woken up by two evil spirits that are extremely unhappy for whatever reason that I brought up the spiritual side of money.

Coincidentally I had to ward them off with the mantra. I know this is not a typical day for me.

Hi dmattwads,

Your mantra ~ Om money padme hum?

- Anand

56 minutes ago, C T said:

Events aligned fortuitously to gift you this discovery then. If this was Tibet 500 years ago, a chance find like this would have gotten a whole village raising extra prayer flags for months. It'd have been like discovering a minor terma (hidden Dharma treasure), and if you ask me, it is something akin to that. And it pays to recognize and acknowledge such merit, and get into a habit of keeping score because its so easy to be blasé about such finds. Nothing accidental about it, imo. 

As for the 3 mantras cited, they contain both exoteric & esoteric resonances. While you are right to say they are _safe_ for general 'consumption', which on some outer level I suppose they are, nonetheless they can be accessed & used by secret mantra practitioners for cultivating inner, subtler essences. 

A taster here with regards to the esoteric practice of the Six Syllable Mantra. Also lends context to what was mentioned earlier about the intricacies of mantric practice. 

Now, if you can find out which organ corresponds with wealth, you could apply this mantra in like fashion. 

Being a stickler for ritual, I'd usually encourage Mani reciters to obtain ritual objects like a statuette and thangka of Avalokiteshvara for the purpose of setting up a simple altar, ornamented additionally with candles, incense, fresh flowers and fresh water, so that one can access a sort of 'sacred space' whenever the ritual invocations and chantings are done. There's no need to make it too elaborate - the simpler the better. Don't forget the 3 Noble Principles too whenever you practice, regardless of this suggestion of the altar. Although it will be so beneficial on so many levels if you do. It will help with stabilizing and attracting wealth too, especially if you work with the wealth protector deity Dzambhala. 

Tips on setting up an altar https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Simple-Buddhist-Shrine

This is probably going to take me some time to digest, but I think this is really good!

• Like 1

Ok so probably the weirdest thing (and least expected) by far is the spiritual opposition I've felt from posting this. Even before I posted it I felt something or someone was very upset at the notion. Last night I was harassed by two evil spirits when I was sleeping that had the form of evil witches or something. It even woke me up and I had to ward them off with the Vajrapani mantra. Today I've felt inexplicably agitated until I again did the Vajrapani mantra which is specifically aimed at warding off evil forces. This is really weird and totally unexpected.

3 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

Ok so probably the weirdest thing (and least expected) by far is the spiritual opposition I've felt from posting this. Even before I posted it I felt something or someone was very upset at the notion. Last night I was harassed by two evil spirits when I was sleeping that had the form of evil witches or something. It even woke me up and I had to ward them off with the Vajrapani mantra. Today I've felt inexplicably agitated until I again did the Vajrapani mantra which is specifically aimed at warding off evil forces. This is really weird and totally unexpected.

This sort of thing is why I occasionally mention feng shui. 

If smudging is more your thing, that's good too.

Just now, Sketch said:

This sort of thing is why I occasionally mention feng shui. 

If smudging is more your thing, that's good too.

What feng shui advice would you have for this? Or explanation?

Your space shares the same energy that you do. How it's arranged and what you let in has an effect.

Feng shui has a lot of rules, but it's a good approach - it leads to pleasant living spaces.

The Hauntingly Beautiful Spirit Houses of ThailandMany cultures have different ways of controlling living spaces this way that don't involve as many compass measurements...How Do We Take Down a Mezuzah When We Leave a Place We've Loved? | Reform  Judaism

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

Your space shares the same energy that you do. How it's arranged and what you let in has an effect.

Feng shui has a lot of rules, but it's a good approach - it leads to pleasant living spaces.

The Hauntingly Beautiful Spirit Houses of ThailandMany cultures have different ways of controlling living spaces this way that don't involve as many compass measurements...How Do We Take Down a Mezuzah When We Leave a Place We've Loved? | Reform  Judaism

lol I know what feng shui is, I was wondering if you had any specific advice for what I was sharing?

Give things a  a good airing, open the windows, before using any kind of smoke or flowers.

This is not the sort of thing I like to give advice about, these days, and thinking about these kinds of factors is just part of how I've done things.

And in general, the less attention pointed at certain issues, the better.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, freeform said:

Do you really think ‘it gets weird?’ Or you get weird?

Oh no .... I definitely got weird ... didnt you see my posts .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I think what does get weird is a few things.

First of all the reason I posted this topic in the general discussion as opposed to the rabbit hole or on this website at all is because I wanted an "alternative" point of view on the topic of money. I am already aware of the common sense basics such as don't spend beyond your means, there is a difference between needs and wants, save money, ect., but this is a lot the feed back I got.

Secondly there were a lot of assumptions made about me, with out knowing me. I was told to be generous, and grateful, yet I am.

Alan Watts makes a good point that along with a lot of other aspects of Western culture there is a lot of guilt regarding money and it is assumed that money must come via suffering.

The last point I'll finish with, (and this is hard to explain and still vague to me) is that I have felt an unusual level of "spiritual opposition" since I began this topic. I don't understand this and find it odd, but nevertheless I notice it.

Like I said before , if you are rich, its because of all the oppressed and poor people in th world - because we dont share money around properly .  And all of us here are rich , in that if you where not, you wouldn't be sitting on your arse discussing daobumisms on your smart phone / computer .

So even if this is not admitted, it is known , somewhere inside the self . So there is going to be reactions against it when you  jab it . Some type of judgement .

" Its not that   I AM  doing what Nungali said  ... it is some other reason , like I am a hard worker, a good financial planner  ... or my good kama  or  xyz ... therefore if someone has a problem getting money it must be due to their  not being a hard worker,  a good financial manager , having bad kama or no xyz .  In short , they will give a judgement on you via projection  .... or  pass one on to you that was given to them .

OR you could throw all this out the window and prostitute your  sensibilities  and cash in on Sagebrush's $50  for his   SM music session .

bad-music-awful-terrible-horrible-loud.j

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmattwads said:

What type of harassment ?   And are you sure they where evil witches ?  

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

What type of harassment ?   And are you sure they where evil witches ?  

In my dream they were. When I woke up I still felt something bad in the room with me. It went away with the chanting.

17 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

In my dream they were. When I woke up I still felt something bad in the room with me. It went away with the chanting.

What where they doing in your dream  ?     This is significant , I feel . As you say  its really weird and unpredictable   .....  but not to me it isnt . 

46 minutes ago, Nungali said:

What where they doing in your dream  ?     This is significant , I feel . As you say  its really weird and unpredictable   .....  but not to me it isnt . 

So I was in this dream version of an old house that I was a kid in. So I'm in the house and I get the feeling something strange is going on in the Attic. When I look at the Attic these two creepy Spirit witches are in there and they look really creepy and weird and scary and they start coming at me but I'm saying one of my mantras to keep them away but I can tell they're looking for a way to get me. So anyway this goes on for a few minutes and then I wake up and I can feel something really bad in the room with me so I do the mantra for real and then it goes away.

Coincidentally my daughter said that she had a weird dream last night that involved zombies.

Okay, the Zombie thing threw me off track , but I will continue .  (I am assuming you remember what I did yesterday ? )

If they come back tonight , ask them  why they are there . 

Aside  ( sort of ) ;  I too once had similar feelings about some 'entities' that where trying to 'get me' .  Eventually I 'let them in' and it was very beneficial . There is an art however in detecting intentions  in this realm or 'feelings' about things and their intent - 'feelings'  can be confused or threatened .  That is, one should go beyond initial reactions to the 'strange and unusual'  in cases like this .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Okay, the Zombie thing threw me off track , but I will continue .  (I am assuming you remember what I did yesterday ? )

If they come back tonight , ask them  why they are there . 

Aside  ( sort of ) ;  I too once had similar feelings about some 'entities' that where trying to 'get me' .  Eventually I 'let them in' and it was very beneficial . There is an art however in detecting intentions  in this realm or 'feelings' about things and their intent - 'feelings'  can be confused or threatened .  That is, one should go beyond initial reactions to the 'strange and unusual'  in cases like this .

Actually a few minutes after I woke up I did think about what you did lol 

Okay , in your dream they where  'in there ' , but do you remember anything about them or what they appeared to be doing . 

And did that old house have a basement  ?

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Okay , in your dream they where  'in there ' , but do you remember anything about them or what they appeared to be doing . 

And did that old house have a basement  ?

They looked like sisters, they had wild hair and glowing eyes. They came out of the attic and we're chasing me. No there was no basement.

I didn't have any dreams last night, BUT I was woken up by pain in my root chakra area which is something that happens periodically when I'm working on these and similar root chakra issues.

14 hours ago, dmattwads said:

They looked like sisters, they had wild hair and glowing eyes. They came out of the attic and we're chasing me. No there was no basement.

Ever considered that a downward flow of energy is a good thing to activate the return flow (upward)? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwai said:

Ever considered that a downward flow of energy is a good thing to activate the return flow (upward)? 

Possilby, but what exactly do you mean?

Just now, dmattwads said:

Possilby, but what exactly do you mean?

Allow those beings to come to you, and embrace them lovingly. If you are aware enough to remember mantras, then you are almost lucid. Just remember it’s a dream and accept them. 

I find it interesting that your “demons” come from the attic. And that you have a pain in the root chakra. What if your pain is not due to a root chakra blockage at all? What if it is congestion because there is no where for the energy to go? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwai said:

Allow those beings to come to you, and embrace them lovingly. If you are aware enough to remember mantras, then you are almost lucid. Just remember it’s a dream and accept them. 

I find it interesting that your “demons” come from the attic. And that you have a pain in the root chakra. What if your pain is not due to a root chakra blockage at all? What if it is congestion because there is no where for the energy to go? 

Hmmmm 🤔 very interesting to ponder this.....

02acb28acc3ec32539d540be652058bf.jpg

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, C T said:

Now, if you can find out which organ corresponds with wealth,

Interesting you say this. If I had to pick any one organ or element that relates to wealth it would be the Lung/Large Intestine/metal element. I've noticed over the past year or so as I've been working on this topic I get these weird water filled blisters along the course of the meridian.