Tombajo

Northern daoism vs Southern daoism

5 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Ah. 

We have different ideas of the concept, that explains why I could not follow your thought. 

What is your idea?

I think we are close on the lower alchemy method, I would stick in a couple of things as a middle method in order to be able to do the higher version, and as a result of that I'm not sure I would describe the higher version in the way you did (but trying to describe that is sort of difficult, yes?). 

And I remain unsure if one can see any of that in a low quality vid with focus on the hand, and be able to differentiate it from a physical powered move or a move powered with some nei gong training. 

But I also accept the futility of having these distinctions, because one mans Nei Dan is the other mans Qi Gong. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cleansox said:

I think we are close on the lower alchemy method, I would stick in a couple of things as a middle method in order to be able to do the higher version, and as a result of that I'm not sure I would describe the higher version in the way you did (but trying to describe that is sort of difficult, yes?). 

And I remain unsure if one can see any of that in a low quality vid with focus on the hand, and be able to differentiate it from a physical powered move or a move powered with some nei gong training. 

But I also accept the futility of having these distinctions, because one mans Nei Dan is the other mans Qi Gong. 

Can you be more specific? What is your experience with neidan? And how do you differentiate it from qigong?

2 hours ago, beingnature said:

Can you be more specific?

Yes

What is your experience with neidan? 

I have a practice.

And how do you differentiate it from qigong?

Ahhh! That is a big one. Many have tried, most annoyed everybody else :)

I am aware that there are many ways of seeing this, so I will refer to a Damo Mitchell podcast for some of the major issues. 

I have some views quoted somewhere in my PPD as well,  to show that I do not think that one way of seeing it is the consensus among traditions and teachers.

Now, in my personal view, when I do a practice that embraces Reversal, creates Spiritual Water, and so on, that is (the start of) Nei Dan. 

If I don't do that, I do very useful practices that enhance sensitivity, health, might be useful for martial practice if it wasn't for the fact that I no longer practice for fighting ability, enhance my ability for Stillness, and so on. My teacher always referred to those as "qigong", as far as I can remember he never used the term "nei gong". 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Yes

I have a practice.

Ahhh! That is a big one. Many have tried, most annoyed everybody else :)

I am aware that there are many ways of seeing this, so I will refer to a Damo Mitchell podcast for some of the major issues. 

I have some views quoted somewhere in my PPD as well,  to show that I do not think that one way of seeing it is the consensus among traditions and teachers.

Now, in my personal view, when I do a practice that embraces Reversal, creates Spiritual Water, and so on, that is (the start of) Nei Dan. 

If I don't do that, I do very useful practices that enhance sensitivity, health, might be useful for martial practice if it wasn't for the fact that I no longer practice for fighting ability, enhance my ability for Stillness, and so on. My teacher always referred to those as "qigong", as far as I can remember he never used the term "nei gong". 

Thanks, no annoyment here 😁 , have the same view if that is possible to say from this little internet discussion.but i also thaught about mentioning amrita. :)

16 hours ago, beingnature said:

And there are a lot of nuances. I think its very unhealthy / dangerous or even impossible to do alchemy practices to produce fajins.that would be the wrong mindset.

It is a very good point.  Alchemy does not do fajin.  They may or may not be able to do it, but generally regard this as a deviation that should not be indulged in.

Originally there was only Neidan - the alchemy process, and neigong - the inner body strengthening methods.  The term of Chikung was also used loosely for moving exercises and sitting poses.  In 1956 the China government lift the ban on Chinese Medicine and standardized the term QiGong (Romanized spelling of Chikung).  QiGong refers to everything from Neidan, Neigong, some martial arts practices, and in many circumstances encompass so called western psychic activities or even hypnosis or fortune telling.

Since these exercises are quite interrelated and in fact belong to a big family, as #cleansox says, differentiating something as Qigong or Neidan can be misleading and meaningless.  It is better use the time and effort to train yourself up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beingnature said:

but i also thaught about mentioning amrita. :)

I used one of the Chinese terms, just to keep to the same nomenclature. 

Makes things easier for me 😁

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff

50 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I used one of the Chinese terms, just to keep to the same nomenclature. 

Makes things easier for me 😁

I also prefer wine of immortality 😁

I spoke a little with him in pm. I'm done with him and he has some pulled hairs. I don't like his energy.

Anyway, is anyone willing and not against the rules, to see what he said to me in pm? He explained his stuff a little better there :) Not that I found value in it personally.

Edited by EmeraldHead

On 2020-09-22 at 3:30 AM, EmeraldHead said:

Anyway, is anyone willing and not against the rules, to see what he said to me in pm?

Pm's are in general considered private and not for sharing unless explicitly stated so by the sender or if they are reported to mods. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

自發功的動功階段產生「發勁」的動作是很常見的,我自己也經歷過這個階段。

自發功的發勁屬於比較早期的大動作階段,建議這位練自發功的朋友,你每次練習的時間要加長,這樣才可以從動練到不動。從醒練到昏沈。再從昏沈練到清醒。這樣才是一個完整的陰陽循環。

這樣你的自發功就不會只有停留在動的階段,而會轉化到內功的階段。

而且是自然轉化,不是用後天意識帶動的假小周天。

It is very common to generate "Fajin" in the dynamic stage of spontaneous gong, and I have experienced this stage myself many years ago.

The energy of spontaneous gong belongs to the relatively early stage of large movements. It is suggested that this friend who practices spontaneous gong, you should increase the time of each practice, so that you can practice from active to immobile. From awake to drowsy. From groggy to awake. This is a complete yin and yang cycle.

In this way, your spontaneous gong will not only stay in the active stage, but will be transformed into the Nei gong stage.

And it is a natural transformation, not a fake little Zhoutian driven by acquired consciousness.