Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Bushman Healer Speaks

You talk to him and look into his eyes. And then he knows he must give you his strength so your children can live.

Just suck the life force out of that bull why don't ya. haha.

Drew Thank You for posting this article.This man represents what truly means to be a man.Hunter healer leader. Truly the art of agriculture has stripped so much of us and the earth. I love the expression "As you run

you become like him."

...Hunting is going and talking to the animals. You don't steal. You go and ask. You set a trap or go with bow or spear. It can take days. You track the antelope. He knows you are there, he knows he has to give you his strength. But he runs and you have to run. As you run, you become like him. It can last hours and exhaust you both. You talk to him and look into his eyes. And then he knows he must give you his strength so your children can live...

As you run, you become like him.

This is a view of hunting I've never encountered before. It's very respectful, beautiful even. I can't remember the last time I admired the flesh I ate. Not that there's much to admire in lumbering cow or caged chicken. Still with admiration comes gratitude and I'm even short on that.

Beautiful story. It's a lifestyle fast disappearing. I wonder how we could live with so much dignity.

Sign in to follow this