Sign in to follow this  
OverseerFeatheredImmortal

Coincidence

Goodevening Guys. I am here to inquire about something. Is it possible for Qi to coincidentally affect a person's body movements?

In my early meditation, I don't really have knowledge on qigong forms and all I do is lower dan tian breathing. I could also say that until now, all I do is the basics.

When I first felt something, I randomly moved my body (hands, waist, head, neck, arms, elbow and any part of my upper body cause I am sitting). That is how I felt my body should move because of the freakin' vibrations on my body. 

Recently while browsing here, I stumbled upon the term "Flying Phoenix". The name is just cool so I looked into it.

As I searched, I saw a Terrence Dunn video on youtube. As I saw his movements (upper body), I was shocked that the movements I thought that was random, was actually a real qigong stance, especially SOME hand movements. The only thing I am not certain of is that if I got the breathing patterns correctly. Also, some of my movements are the same, but the sequence of movements is not in proper order.

So the question is, Is it Coincidence that I did those moves? Could Qi, possibly move a person's body?

note: I am not a master nor a veteran. I am simply asking because I humbly admit that my knowledge is scarce. One thing I am sure of is, I am not a poser. I clearly want to learn and gain insight. :) .

video reference:

Edited by OverseerFeatheredImmortal
forgot the video link

15 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

Goodevening Guys. I am here to inquire about something. Is it possible for Qi to coincidentally affect a person's body movements?

You probably mean spontaneous movements, and yes, this is possible and common, whether in Zhan Zhuang or Flying Phoenix and even seated meditation. You probably mean Malayang paggalaw in your mother tongue, pare

16 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

In my early meditation, I don't really have knowledge on qigong forms and all I do is lower dan tian breathing. I could also say that until now, all I do is the basics.

Given that you are self-taught and a beginner, is a very bad idea to to LDT breathing, especially if you do not have someone guiding you. This is not a simple or beginner's technique and you can damage yourself from getting information without wisdom or understanding. I get that you want to avoid politics and egos, but you will only delay your interaction with everyone else in the world who has these things regardless of whether it is in martial or internal arts, and you will also encounter that in your own family and friends.

18 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

When I first felt something, I randomly moved my body (hands, waist, head, neck, arms, elbow and any part of my upper body cause I am sitting). That is how I felt my body should move because of the freakin' vibrations on my body. 

Recently while browsing here, I stumbled upon the term "Flying Phoenix". The name is just cool so I looked into it.

The name is not just cool but also very accurate in describing the healing powers of the system. Here is the thread in which he answers questions to students and I assist and oversee on his behalf.

20 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

So the question is, Is it Coincidence that I did those moves? Could Qi, possibly move a person's body?

If you're referring to coincidence in that you are doing similar movements, there is a lot of overlap among all systems as all comes from Tao. 

21 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

note: I am not a master nor a veteran. I am simply asking because I humbly admit that my knowledge is scarce. One thing I am sure of is, I am not a poser. I clearly want to learn and gain insight

Your recognition of this will go a long way if you maintain this at all levels of skill and experience. 

Kung may tanong kapa, mag-message ka saakin. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OverseerFeatheredImmortal said:

I am here to inquire about something. Is it possible for Qi to coincidentally affect a person's body movements?

I say yes -- it´s possible.  I´d take this as a very encouraging sign.  If you´re attracted to the name Flying Phoenix and your body is spontaneously making similar movements, perhaps it would be a good idea to investigate this system further?  It´s not something that I practice, personally, but many people here seem to benefit and there´s a lot of support for practice.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this