Sign in to follow this  
Goldleaf

what does a yawn mean (yin-deficiency)

I found another post by a daobum on yawning and sighing here, but I am also trying to examine it from an environmental /western perspective.

For me, when I enter some buildings, I find myself yawning repeatedly and easily.  Even if I have just woken up, and had a good nights sleep, feel fresh and energetic, and then, after 5mins in said building, I feel drowsy and yawning.

I know that I have big kidney yin-deficiency.  So perhaps this won't be an issue for most.  But who knows, maybe it allow me to be even more perceptive to the subtle difference in indoor environments.  (I also did the microcosmic orbit for several years).

I never, ever, ever yawn when I am outside.  (Unless, really late at night and I have worked all day, etc.).

So, I wonder if there is something to be said for improving indoor environment.  What could it be??  Is it the air conditioning?  Carpet?  Is there mold?>  What are the most common problems to be aware of in indoor environ,ment??  Should I walk around alll day with a serious air-filter mask on my face??

Most importantly, how can I make my indoor environment at home, as healthy as possible??

I don't expect all these quesitons to be answered but hope to generate discussion and get a bit more clarity on this important modern issue.

• Like 1

Could be any number of things or their combination.  Carpets are treated with flame retardants, at least one class of which,  polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), has been linked to brain development retardation in children (no one looked at the effects on adults, to my knowledge, but one can extrapolate...)  As well as other chemicals which were never studied for their effects.  New carpets are the worst in this respect, but older carpets are no picnic either, since they trap all the toxins one may have in the environment, also mites, mold spores, pet and human dandruff and ordinary dust, and a vacuum can remove only what's visible to the naked eye.  Air conditioning can be a health hazard as well -- it is often contaminated with what-have-you and the air quality in air-conditioned buildings is poor, sometimes resulting in "sick building syndrome" with a range of symptoms including nasal congestion, breathing problems, headaches, fatigue and irritated skin.  I guess indoor yawning that is outside the normal yawning range for the individual can be one manifestation of these breathing problems.  

The solution for a sick building is controlled demolition...  just kidding, I don't know of a solution for the air of the building you don't control.   In your own home, check for all the trappings and see what improvements can be realistically introduced.  There's even books out there dedicated to the subject, with suggestions about everything.  Furniture (wood is also treated with harmful chemicals and can keep leaching them into the air, ditto formica -- the name comes from "formaldehyde").  Bedding (flame retardants again).  Mattresses and pillows (flame retardants, mites, dust and molds).  Detergents and (especially) "fabric softeners," possibly the most toxic household chemical of them all.  Any and all toxic cleaning products (you may want to substitute nontoxic ones, down to the old-fashioned baking soda and soap and vinegar and so on -- there's recipes out there, and also whole books on the subject my grandmother once taught me in two minutes.)  Of course air conditioning and carpets mentioned above. 

I would start by buying a good air filter for the home, and also making sure that the premises are aired out regularly (twice daily) and in any weather -- opening the windows as much as possible,  in a way that creates drafts (don't sit where there's a draft though), and keeping them permanently open in warmer weather.  And reading one of those books about a "healthy home" and introducing whatever improvements are affordable toward making it healthier.  

Good luck.         

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 1

Yawning is often about releasing resistance. Indicating of energy motional releasing of resistance, energy motional, coming into greater allowed alignment and realisation of and with all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now. 

You are co-creating joyous life experiences in full harmony and alignment with the source of all creation. Evermore joyously here and now. 

So when you have energetic thought patterns, which are in contradiction with that, and thus not allow your full blown realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now, you feel weighed down by it, emotionally first, so you are in a state of releasing that resistance, in order to allow your true nature to flow more fully through you, without contradiction within you, so you can more fully and consciously, release energy motional resistance, within yourself, for the greater allowance of your true nature, being in full alignment with your own greater non-physical consciousness, for your evermore allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore consciously here and now, effortlessly, naturally, joyously, succesfully, freely. For yourself. As through you, you allow those conditions to come to evermore fully allowed and realised being and becoming evermore joyously and freely here and now.

You have to feel the emotion, to help you understand what is truely happening. Because your emotions are always about your here and now relativity between your physical and greater non-physical consciousness. So you become a conscious deliberate co-creator of your own life, by being willing to unconditionally allow yourself to feel better emotionally. By trusting your own emotional guidance system. And then all you need to do, is simply feel the joy of being who it is you truely are being and becoming evermore fully here and now. 

As through this, you allow any and all conditions to come to evermore greater allowed realisation for you, through you, as you, with you.

So often when people think a thought that is in self contradiction, they feel the need to yawn, to release that self contradictory thought, to let it go. To not care about it. To allow your true unconditionally worthy nature to simply be always here and now THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to allow for yourself to be realised by you. Because you are an eternally and infinite worthy being, thus no longer caring about conditions, you allow any and all conditions to come back to full realised for you evermore here and now ongoingly, effortlessly naturally, joyously. As it is simply very easy to allow that. As simple as a yawn. Of feeling better. Emotionally. Unconditionally.

To ALLOW the effortless re-alignment of the energies, so that you can be the joyous deliberate co-creator that you truely are. In evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore joyfully and freely here and now.

So releasing resistance or self contradictory energy is like letting go. Like yawning. Or maybe even a sigh. And then allowing your energy motional relativity between your physical and your greater non-physical consciousness, to come to natural and effortless re-aligment, that is indicating by emotional feeling of relief. Or  feeling better. Or feeling very good emotionally, which indicate your full ALLOWANCE of your true nature, purely allowed being and becoming, in full harmony and alignment with the source of all creation. 

So yawning, can be indicative of releasing resistance. Also tears of joy. Goose bums aswell. Indicating coming back into greater allowed alignment with all that you truely are being and becoming evermore fully realised by you here and now, in fully harmony with the source of all creation, as the joyous deliberate co-creator of your evermore freely fully allowed/realised/co-created being and becoming here and now. That simply feels very good emotionally. Because it is your true nature of who it is you really are, uncontradicted by you. Fully allowed by you to be fully realised by you. Feeling better evermore fully here and now, unconditionally, emotionally, as your full true nature of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now ongoingly, joyously. Evermore greatly realisedly, effortlessly, naturally, joyously. Etceteraly. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Could be any number of things or their combination.  Carpets are treated with flame retardants, at least one class of which,  polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), has been linked to brain development retardation in children (no one looked at the effects on adults, to my knowledge, but one can extrapolate...)  As well as other chemicals which were never studied for their effects.  New carpets are the worst in this respect, but older carpets are no picnic either, since they trap all the toxins one may have in the environment, also mites, mold spores, pet and human dandruff and ordinary dust, and a vacuum can remove only what's visible to the naked eye.  Air conditioning can be a health hazard as well -- it is often contaminated with what-have-you and the air quality in air-conditioned buildings is poor, sometimes resulting in "sick building syndrome" with a range of symptoms including nasal congestion, breathing problems, headaches, fatigue and irritated skin.  I guess indoor yawning that is outside the normal yawning range for the individual can be one manifestation of these breathing problems.  

The solution for a sick building is controlled demolition...  just kidding, I don't know of a solution for the air of the building you don't control.   In your own home, check for all the trappings and see what improvements can be realistically introduced.  There's even books out there dedicated to the subject, with suggestions about everything.  Furniture (wood is also treated with harmful chemicals and can keep leaching them into the air, ditto formica -- the name comes from "formaldehyde").  Bedding (flame retardants again).  Mattresses and pillows (flame retardants, mites, dust and molds).  Detergents and (especially) "fabric softeners," possibly the most toxic household chemical of them all.  Any and all toxic cleaning products (you may want to substitute nontoxic ones, down to the old-fashioned baking soda and soap and vinegar and so on -- there's recipes out there, and also whole books on the subject my grandmother once taught me in two minutes.)  Of course air conditioning and carpets mentioned above. 

I would start by buying a good air filter for the home, and also making sure that the premises are aired out regularly (twice daily) and in any weather -- opening the windows as much as possible,  in a way that creates drafts (don't sit where there's a draft though), and keeping them permanently open in warmer weather.  And reading one of those books about a "healthy home" and introducing whatever improvements are affordable toward making it healthier.  

Good luck.         

I swore I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of household air (the less I have to worry about, the better), but I want to understand this, so I will do what it takes.

While I was reading your wonderful post I thought of my housemates.  They uuse fabric softener a lot, and also, dye their hair and use various chemicals for hair and skin, and sometimes I can smell it through the ducted air ducts.

INterestingly, I tried sealing up both of the ducts the other day.  At first, it felt better, but then, I felt like was choking in the back of my throat, and had tonne of mucus once I left the room.  So I unsealed them, and felt much better.  This makes me think it may be the carpet as you mentioned.  So how can you properly clean a toxic carpet?? Besides just air purifiers, 

What about:

vacuums with hepa filters

covering the carpet near the bed with a thick rug

raising the bed (temporary solution)

using a gas mask during sleep

I will try each of these and report results/.  Hopefully help other sleep / indoor sufferers.

Also, does any Daobum know by any chance of some cheap ways of detecting invisimble mould and mildew in a house??

GL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goldleaf said:

I swore I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of household air (the less I have to worry about, the better), but I want to understand this, so I will do what it takes.

While I was reading your wonderful post I thought of my housemates.  They uuse fabric softener a lot, and also, dye their hair and use various chemicals for hair and skin, and sometimes I can smell it through the ducted air ducts.

INterestingly, I tried sealing up both of the ducts the other day.  At first, it felt better, but then, I felt like was choking in the back of my throat, and had tonne of mucus once I left the room.  So I unsealed them, and felt much better.  This makes me think it may be the carpet as you mentioned.  So how can you properly clean a toxic carpet?? Besides just air purifiers, 

What about:

I will try each of these and report results/.  Hopefully help other sleep / indoor sufferers.

Also, does any Daobum know by any chance of some cheap ways of detecting invisimble mould and mildew in a house??

GL

To allow this condition to come to evermore greater allowed realisation for you, as you, with you, by you. You have to feel how it feels to you emotionally. Then you can know what about it actually feels how to you. And that helps you clarify what it is you truely do prefer.

Hence your emotional guidance system, accurately indicating your here and now relationship of your here and now perspective relative to the perspective of your own greater non-physical consciousness about this same condition of your life, evermore here and now.

Because the reasons why you are focused on this subject could be infinitely varrying. So no one can allow your greater allowed realisation of all of it, for you, as you, by you, with you, except you. It is a truely unique gift unto you, from you, for you, by you, as you.

You have to uncover the pure desire, that is like contained and wrapped up in a condition, as a gift, you can thus then unwrap for yourself, into fully realised joy. To help you come to fully realised desire, a pure uncontradicted fully allowed to be fully realised by you desire. That feels like joy. So what has this condition helped you to realise for yourself to know for yourself what it is you truely want? How do you know? You can feel the difference, when you are focused on something that is what it is you truely do want, that feels good. And when you are focused on the lack of what it is you truely do want/prefer, you feel negative emotion. And thus know what it is you truely do prefer. And that is your unique path of least resistance, to your joyous allowed being and becoming evermore here and now. 

Often we are guided by our own greater non-physical consciousness, emotionally, energy motionally. And if we do not allow this guidance from our greater knowing, to be fully received by us, consciously, recognized, unconditionally, regardless of any and all conditions, under any and all conditions, emotionally....

We then create life conditions for ourselves for the purpose of reflecting and expanding on the moreness of the specificness of that energy motional resonance reflection of where or how we flow our own energy of our true nature of being in contradiction with itself. So that it becomes more clearly defined and realised, by us as expanded upon, into conditional life experience, to allow our evermore greater realisation of who and what it is we truely are being and becoming evermore here and now evermore fully realised by us. Not as a punishment, but to come to a greater allowed realisation of a greater allowed realisation of a fully truely allowed to be realised by us, pure uncontradicted desire. Of who it is we truely are, what it is we really are, being and becoming evermore fully here and now, allowed by us, to be realised by us, co-created, for us, as us, through us, with us, effortlessly, joyously, freely, naturally, succesfully.

And if it feels bad, again, you don't need to fix it, infact, you cannot even fix it. The condition that already is fixed, is just something that you can allow for yourself to be realised by you, from within, as you are being guided to its evermore greater allowed realisation for you, by you, as you, with you. And as you follow suit, the joyous shift/re-alignment in/of perspective/focus/realisation/co-creation is what allows one to naturally and effortlessly allow the conditions to come evermore greater allowed realisation. One that is fully in harmony and alignment with all that is who it is and what it is you truely are being and becoming evermore fully here and now, evermore freely and joyously. 

There is no rush, because you are an eternal and infinite being. Come here to enjoy your evermore being and becoming evermore, here and now. So the journey is also what matters. That you are here to enjoy your coming to realise a new desire evermore, here and now. Of a new realisation of a new creation, evermore being and becoming evermore fully and freely and joyously here and now. Effortlessly, naturally. 

On 9/30/2019 at 7:31 PM, Goldleaf said:

Besides just air purifiers, 

What about:

A gas mask, lol! :lol:

Don't forget that the air purifier must have a HEPA filter too. (Also, it's important to note that HEPA-type isn't really True-HEPA.)

Edited by BluLotus

Sign in to follow this