Ofcourse you abbandoned your own humanity, for the sake of pleasing the people around you. But the sooner you realise that, the earlier you can become free. Because then you no longer have to blame the people around you. And can just be yourself. Because everyone is well intentioned. They just don't know any better. So why even blame them, if you didn't know any better either, right? 

Peace is always here and now. And you don't need to do anything to accomplish it. That is the fun part. But peace sort of is the minimum requirement in order to become a human again. 

in literal terms what is a body?

what is it but a collection of food that is acquired and maintained for a time?

this body, that i was taught by my loving materialist father is my most concrete and real 'self' my only real self, how is it thi is comprised only of that which is outside it, that which is not me? 

that which the materialist considers himself, is comprised only of that which he considers himself not to be.

what is not the body, becomes the body

this body is a process of the acquisition of food mingling with awareness

my body is a collection of ingested food.

food that was not my body, before i chewed and swallowed.

food that was earth and sunshine and rain.

food that was a lively pig.

hours ago it was earth and sun and rain, it was broccoli

now it is perhaps fingernail and heart tissue and part of a turd

what magic is this?

to whom, if any does this body or anything belong?

where then can it be said that I stop and the rest of the unvierse begins?

What I appear to be, seems dependent on how myopic the view is of the tool perceiving.

At the level of the human eye... a human hand.  image004.jpg

at 40x magnification  1.jpg

eta:  which one is real?  both same time it would seem 

Edited by silent thunder

We all have a unique perspective, and when you allow that to be the good way that it already is, no longer insisting that everyone else have to agree with your perspective, you can relax and enjoy the life you came here to live, and allow everyone else to do so aswell. Which is who you are, in the peace that is natural to your being. And you deserve to be who you are. And there is no shortage, enough room for everyone to have their own perspective, without needing to affect anyone elses perspective or change them whatsoever, free to share and grow, naturally, and in harmony with the freedom of your own eternal and infinite being, and that of everyone else evermore aswell.

There is no rush to get anything done. You are an eternal being. So there is great value in allowing yourself to enjoy being who you are more so fully aswell. And then you will be drawn to everyone who enjoys life in the same way that you do aswell. And that is something we all deserve, and will forevermore deserve.

No perspective is wrong, it's just different and it's all just variety. And once you accept that, there is no reason to push against any other perspective, as this will just force you to addopt their perspective, even when you do not really want to do so. So when you hear the word human, listen to the word hue man. Cause we are all energy being of many hue's, many different frequencies of energy and resonance, all coming together for the purpose is delicious co-creation and expansion. So you would never need to fight in order to allow the natural brilliance of that which is you and thus of that which is everyone who is not you ever so more fully aswell. Then even as you enjoy fighting, you can enjoy all the variety of fighting that is more so fully of your unique nature aswell, and even in that hue there are infinite hue's aswell.

You truely do need every single color in order to come to the perfect white light that is at the center of all being. So you realise the value of your being ever so more fully as you enjoy all the value that is not of your being aswell. So this analogy is helpful way to understand what it means to be any type of physicality of consciousness, as light and color is very grounded in the physical reality we live upon. And can help one how energy works so effortlessly and naturally and enjoyable and in harmony that is with all nature and infinite variety.

Edited by Everything

Again, the thought arises and abides, unfed, unsought.

If I'm human... why is there no human element present?

My human'ness is but an arrangement of the same elements as everything else...

none of them human, not even DNA, but as arranged, appearing human.

so what is it exactly, that is human?

where is the human bit in this process?

Edited by silent thunder

Only musings of a dust covered citta.

Seems true, human is a word.

Aggregate is a word.

Mind is a word. 

Fact is a word.

Words... not things, not tzu jan, of themselves, but dependent conceptual musings... fingers pointing.  Words written by mind on the dust of social conditioned mind.

What do words point to?  Assumptions?  True Nature? 

Dusty Citta?

What is not mind? 

Facts are nebulous creatures of late, like defined humans they seem utterly dependent on mind, and as experienced lately they are gaseous, ephemeral, gossamer, and as illusory as perceptual processes that call one thing human while another swims with a different word name and when mind changes, so too reflectively do the facts.

Certainty finds few footholds in facts lately, unless citta clears, no certainty seems possible, only an exploration of the nature of the illusion and the seemingly ever shifting definitions of words.

Mind creates and defines words and wrangles concepts according to its precepts and filters of what arises in awareness through stimuli.  Reality as experienced by mind is a filtered reality, devoid of fact, not reality as it is, reality as filtered through dust coated awareness.

To barter and wrestle with concepts of the aggregates as filtered through mind and speak of fact... seems like looking in a human and finding that nothing human, makes up a human.

Facts and Mind.

Citta and True Nature.

Fingers pointing and Musings.

• Like 1

many examples of human indeed...

and yet what makes a human, human?

i can identify them when I see them... (though at Walmart it can get dicey)

no matter how deeply we peer... no where in a human, is there a human element.

only the same aggregates as all the other ten thousand...

yet compiled may arise as human, goat, tree, stone...

where is the human bit?

no matter how many apples are eaten, i do not become apple.

the apple transforms into human.

yet no where within, is the distinctly human bit...

curious.

• Like 1

People dont become apples because what they're eating are not really apples, merely the appleness of apples being eaten by the humanness of humans. 

• Like 1

Some humans are missing the e at the end.  Others earn it by showing love and caring to others.  Balancing justice and mercy, leaving the world a better place by their being.  

Edited by thelerner

Mencius said: “All people have a heart that cannot stand to see the suffering of others. The ancient kings had this heart that could not stand to see the suffering of others, and, with this, operated a government that could not stand to see the suffering of the people. If, in this state of mind, you ran a government that could not endure people's suffering, you could govern the realm as if you were turning it in the palm of your hand.”

“Why do I say all human beings have a heart that cannot stand to see the suffering of others? Even nowadays, if an infant were about to fall into a well, anyone would be upset and concerned. This concern would not be due to the fact that the person wanted to get in the good graces of the infant's parents, or because he wanted to improve his reputation among the community or among his circle of friends. Nor would it be because he was afraid of the criticism that might result from a show of non-concern.”

“From this point of view, we can say that if you did lack concern for the infant, you would not be human. Also, to lack a sense of shame and disgust would not be human; to lack a feeling of humility and deference is to be ‘in-human’ and to lack a sense of right and wrong is to be inhuman.”

“The sense of concern for others is the starting point of humaneness. The feeling of shame and disgust is the starting point of fairness. The sense of humility and deference is the starting point of propriety and the sense of right and wrong is the starting point of wisdom.”

People's having these four basic senses is like their having four limbs. Having these four basic senses and yet claiming inability to act on them is to cheat yourself. To say that the ruler doesn't have them is to cheat the ruler. Since all people have these four basic senses within themselves, they should all understand how to enhance and develop them. It is like when a fire just starts, or a spring first bubbles out of the ground. If you are able to develop these four basic senses, you will be able to take care of everybody within the four seas. If you do not develop them, you won't even be able to take care of your own parents.”

From Mengzi, 2A:6