escott

How do I learn what certain Qigong movements are actually doing?

1 hour ago, escott said:

Just watched lesson 7, Reviewing The Standing Posture. They explain why the feet are close together: You want one connection going up, and one connection going down. Also, they say that a narrow stance is better for relaxed breathing.

The entire Luohan gong in my tradition is done with the feet together, touching on different spots in each of the 16 stances. 

All done for a reason, and totally different from the stances in the rest of the tradition or most standing for that matter. 

Did they say which connection you are supposed to enhance the function in? 

25 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

The entire Luohan gong in my tradition is done with the feet together, touching on different spots in each of the 16 stances. 

All done for a reason, and totally different from the stances in the rest of the tradition or most standing for that matter. 

Did they say which connection you are supposed to enhance the function in? 

It seems like the whole purpose of 'Lift Qi Up, Pour Qi Down' is to connect with the Qi Field and gather Qi into the Dan Tiens. So, the standing posture itself is simply supposed to be the most relaxed, but also it seems like the intent is to make the entire body the Central Column. It's the same posture that is used in The Middle Pillar meditation in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn system. They seem like slightly different methods to accomplish the same thing. It's a familiar theme, like from the Spring Forest password - I am in the universe and the universe is in me.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:43 AM, escott said:

It's a familiar theme, like from the Spring Forest password - I am in the universe and the universe is in me.

I got the impression that maybe SFQ and Zhineng may have some common sources...very similar in approach and philosophy.

8)

On 2/23/2019 at 6:00 AM, Spotless said:

I practice a very old form of Qi Gong and by any standards my experiences have been fairly phenomenal and rare - but for the most part most of the Qi Gong out there that I have seen the results of are pretty good.

Mr. Spotless... where can one learn that very old form of Qi Gong?

• Like 1

In many of the Qi Gong forms it is the little things that make significant differences.

Many of the forms taught in both the East and the West are losing small but significant aspects that reduce many effects particularly in the head area to next to nothing.

The opening of the leg channels and the side channels require certain attention.

Arm positions are generally off a bit.

And in general too much “doing” - which is nearly entirely unnecessary.

Edited by Spotless

6 hours ago, centertime said:

Mr. Spotless... where can one learn that very old form of Qi Gong

Hopefully it will be downloadable soon. 

Other than that it is not well published.

4 hours ago, Spotless said:

Hopefully it will be downloadable soon. 

Other than that it is not well published.

What is it called?  How does it differ from normal Chi Kung? Where can it be downloaded?

6 hours ago, centertime said:

What is it called?  How does it differ from normal Chi Kung? Where can it be downloaded?

It would be interesting to try and define “normal” Qi Gong.

We have already seen here traditions that have the feet together and the legs thereby touching each other. 

Many traditions do not have this. 

Energetically the Central Column or internal axis does not include the legs and arms in the sense of the inner core - but there seems to be some debate here about that. 

As the inner axis becomes strong and prominent and as the channels fuse into one, the arms and legs are clearly extensions from the inner axis which is seen and felt as an incredibly powerful Central Column.

At this time one will feel like they are always floating on their feet. This has been my experience. 

The overall energetics include all the bodies and all areas but the central axis is from perineum to just slightly back of the top of the head and it becomes incredibly strong.