Zen Pig

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ..

I vote that it is a little bit of a double standard on Zen Pigs part but that since Buddha isnt exactly in the same class as your ordinary run of the mill guru that there is not enough weight here to pin him on it. 

Everybody please vote and make it a regular habit :)

( in the spirit of not doing the same thing repeatedly , and , since in the real competition you generally have a judge or panel of impartial judges- because contestants rarely want to concede anything , being contestants and all )

Edited by Stosh
  • Haha 1

Zen Pig rarely quotes dead gurus. His initial point was well taken and the occasional quotation to support opinion and personal experience is appropriate and welcome. There are those that endlessly quote scripture to prop up an intellectual understanding that is not grounded in direct experience and is therefore shaky and rings hollow. That is who he was criticizing. Those folks would do well to practice more and read (and post) less. I think his criticism was intended as constructive. I get the back lash but it doesn’t diminish his original point.

That’s my vote.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Zen Pig said:

wow. lots, and lots of words....... 

My feeling is that you are either ecstatic, doing lots of meth, crazy, or drinking lots and lots of Starbucks.  LOL.  I think I like you.   You seem to just own it.  LOL.  would rather know crazy folks than sane folks.   cheers. 

There is a fine line between insanity and genius. 

If you do not live up to the knowledge you have been capable of perceiving, you create your own insanity in a very genius manner. 

That is why it is often said, you cannot get sick enough to help sick people become better. The service to self is thus the service to all. 

So in that sense, there is good crazy and bad crazy. And most pioneers have been somewhat of both, but mostly good crazy.

Often people fall into insanity due to their own arrogance, that their own feelings oppose the truth of the people around them, and they arrogantly think that their truth is of no value thus to the people around them. This humble attitude is often the same arrogant approach people use to denie their own worthiness as a unique and ever important and worthy and necessary aspect of creation. 

Thus ignorance follows suit and insanity is maintained through further arrogant resistance towards their own truth by holding on to incompatible unnatural ideas of mankind, making them believe thiefs, to hold on to that which contradict their own knowing, cause resistance in their overal energy motional being, creating illness, sickness, psychosis, etc. 

When the most sick and ill people receive loving care, and given freedom to be their own truth, they are allowed to flourish and often become very significant for the society they live in. 

Genius is indicated by powerful momentum, and desire, and focus, fast moving energy streams. Which is also why the care of these individuals can become difficult, if not properly given their own freedom to choose to live their own life in the way that works best for them, which is often living what they desire and channel their abilities and talents through subjects of their own greater passions. That is also indicating their soul purpose as the totallity of their being. 

These passions often get explored to prepare them to channel their genius into subjects of more expansive passions, which is due to the integration and coming together of all the varrying minor passions they've been given the freedom to explore as a unique aspect of creation whilest younger in their life. 

And as one realises that everyone is a genius, when given the freedom to live the life of their preference, their ability to focus, due to the natural attractiveness of their joyful being, causes ongoingly inspiralingly expanding inspirations of evermore greater clarity and capability, higher faster moving streams of energy, with great and powerful momentum, with ease, through joy. To fullfill their own life's purpose as the joy, that indicates also their own unique and individual service and value to all of creation, and all of the people of their civilization. 

Thus humanity is not fulfilled untill every single individual is following their highest excitement unerringly. And live their passions to the best of their ability. 

And mediums or gateways to allow such channeling of soul self and purpose to be, are of great importance to all. And also often valued by all, because the benefits always become very obvious to all, very noticable. And thus, new forms of education, based on unique preferences of each individual is often gonna catalyze the reform of the educational system, so as to create endless streams of geniuses on all aspects of life that also thus then truely matter and matterialize in meaningful ways evermore. 

Edited by Everything

22 minutes ago, Everything said:

There is a fine line between insanity and genius. 

I am not so sure there's a non-arbitrary line between sanity and insanity , nor is genius a defined thing. Nor can one consider the issue if one doesn't think that there IS an ultimate truth....and if there IS ultimate truth, then all equally have the truth,  regardless of how it was arrived at. 

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

I am not so sure there's a non-arbitrary line between sanity and insanity , nor is genius a defined thing. Nor can one consider the issue if one doesn't think that there IS an ultimate truth....and if there IS ultimate truth, then all equally have the truth,  regardless of how it was arrived at. 

Yeah all points of view are valid, and together they form the whole picture of the entire puzzle piece of all of humanity, as every individual living their fullest most highest purpose, joy and passion in, as and of life. And if one piece of the puzzle is missing, the entire puzzle is not complete. And the more pieces are there, the easier the puzzle becomes and the easier the complete picture is realised.

It is just that the genius and insanity is due to extremes of powerful focus, fast momentum and great moving energy. If there is contradiction with in that energy, there is resistance, this manifests primarily as energy motional emotions, secondarily as greater physical life experiences including illness within the body and mind aswell, thus all dis ease is due to a tolerance to negative emotion primarily, as it is the primary indication of an individual their alignment with their higher non-physical conscious intelligence and knowing, of their souls purpose as the physical embodied individual.

That is why an education tailored towards the excitement of each and every individual uniquely, will allow thus then, this individual to soak up all the knowledge necessary to live a life of fulfillment, effortlessly, due to the powerful and attractive nature of joy, that is also their natural state of being and can be allowed to be maintained due to encouragement and validation of the individuals unique preferences and worthiness of being as their own unique aspect in, as and of creation.

Um,no,all points of view are valid if they reflect the truth and cannot be defended if one denies that there is an objective truth . 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Um,no,all points of view are valid if they reflect the truth and cannot be defended if one denies that there is an objective truth . 

You cannot limit the freedom of another, without also limitting your own freedom by doing so.

So I choose my freedom, and that of others aswell, by validating all the differing truths. So I am allowed to expand evermore on my own ever becoming, in the most harmless or non-interfering way possible, so that harm or interference may also not be done unto me. So far, no one has attacked me. So far, so good.

If I don't respect another their truth, it would go something like this.

OUCH! My voice hasn't stretched this far in a long time! OUCH! I'm sorry for sharing my truth, OUCH! I will keep it to myself from now on! OUCH! Leave me alone! OUCH!

Are you done hitting me? Ok thanks. One more thing, I think people are allowed to be gay if they want to. OUCH! Hey, stop hitting me! You don't have to agree with me. OUCH! Ok... I'll keep it to myself then...

Teacher, you are bad.... OUCH! Hey! I... uh... still think you are ba ...OUCH!

Ok, ok... YOU ARE BAD! ...HAH! YOU MISSED! :D 

OUCH! :wacko:

ok... You win... You are a... G... goo... blegh... OUCH!

...hhh... OK YOU ARE GOOD! :angry:

Now I am bad! :angry:

SHERYHOOOKUN!!! 

See... Now we are both bad. :unsure:

Sorry, let me get you up. Here take my hand...

OUCH! :o

Hhhh...  This is going nowhere. -_-

Teacher, you're so bad, that you have inspired me to become better than I've ever been! You are good! :D

Teacher: "Well... Uh... I... Yeah! Ofcourse I am good. I am awesome. Thank you for noticing... I'm... uh... I'm not so good with compliments." -_-

Ok teacher, you be your kind of good, I'll be my kind of good! Shake hands on it? :huh:

Yes! "Agreed."  :D

If I ever need help or advice, I am allowed to learn from you again, teacher? 

"Yes, yes... Now go off and do your thing. Live your life to the fullest, and when you're ready to want my teachings and ready to see the value in them, come back to me." :D

Farewell, great teacher!

"Wellfare to you aswell, my young padawan."

Goodbye!

"Yes, good byes to you aswell."

Untill we meet again!

"Untill our paths cross once again..."

You are a bad teacher!

"You son of a....!! COME BACK HERE! I'm not done teaching you!"

Just kidding! Ok really now, farewell!

"Are you gone yet?"

"Ugh, finally... That little brad is gone... I think I'm gonna miss him strangely."

HELLO TEACHER!

"UGH! GO AWAY ALREADY!

OK BYE! :D

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Everything said:

You cannot limit the freedom of another, without also limitting your own freedom by doing so.

So I choose my freedom, and that of others aswell, by validating all the differing truths. So I am allowed to expand evermore on my own ever becoming, in the most harmless or non-interfering way possible, so that harm or interference may also not be done unto me. So far, no one has attacked me. So far, so good.

If I don't respect another their truth, it would go something like this.

OUCH! My voice hasn't stretched this far in a long time! OUCH! I'm sorry for sharing my truth, OUCH! I will keep it to myself from now on! OUCH! Leave me alone! OUCH!

Are you done hitting me? Ok thanks. One more thing, I think people are allowed to be gay if they want to. OUCH! Hey, stop hitting me! You don't have to agree with me. OUCH! Ok... I'll keep it to myself then...

Teacher, you are bad.... OUCH! Hey! I... uh... still think you are ba ...OUCH!

Ok, ok... YOU ARE BAD! ...HAH! YOU MISSED! :D 

OUCH! :wacko:

ok... You win... You are a... G... goo... blegh... OUCH!

...hhh... OK YOU ARE GOOD! :angry:

Now I am bad! :angry:

SHERYHOOOKUN!!! 

See... Now we are both bad. :unsure:

Sorry, let me get you up. Here take my hand...

OUCH! :o

Hhhh...  This is going nowhere. -_-

Teacher, you're so bad, that you have inspired me to become better than I've ever been! You are good! :D

Teacher: "Well... Uh... I... Yeah! Ofcourse I am good. I am awesome. Thank you for noticing... I'm... uh... I'm not so good with compliments." -_-

Ok teacher, you be your kind of good, I'll be my kind of good! Shake hands on it? :huh:

Yes! "Agreed."  :D

If I ever need help or advice, I am allowed to learn from you again, teacher? 

"Yes, yes... Now go off and do your thing. Live your life to the fullest, and when you're ready to want my teachings and ready to see the value in them, come back to me." :D

Farewell, great teacher!

"Wellfare to you aswell, my young padawan."

Goodbye!

"Yes, good byes to you aswell."

Untill we meet again!

"Untill our paths cross once again..."

You are a bad teacher!

"You son of a....!! COME BACK HERE! I'm not done teaching you!"

Just kidding! Ok really now, farewell!

"Are you gone yet?"

"Ugh, finally... That little brad is gone... I think I'm gonna miss him strangely."

HELLO TEACHER!

"UGH! GO AWAY ALREADY!

OK BYE! :D

Thats funny , but its still built on the false premise , that individuals have their own truth,.

Truth has no meaning if it is not independent of the individual.

Yes I limit what I think truth is , when I hone it down to what actually exists , but that is not limiting what exists. 

And 'Bad and good' are not examples of what is truth,,  its a polemic which depends upon believing that truth is NOT independent of the person. 

So it is really you folks who think they can  validly run wild with truth and decide gay marriage is wrong etc. Not us folks who say that the truth is independent of my opinions and does NOT declare moral ' rights and wrongs.

Moreover , you are merely asserting your opinion and cannot say that its in fact true , or that I am wrong, without contradicting yourself .

I however , Can say that you are categorically wrong as a matter of fact, without being self contradictory. 
     Since I assert there is true fact , but at the same time,  I allow you the ability to defend your point.,
 I may come to the same conclusion you have- if you do that well.

BUT if there IS no true fact , then all you're doing is propounding unfounded opinion ,so you cannot convince me of your correctness , and we would remain at odds forever. tsk tsk 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I did point this out on the Brexit thread in relation to the British government keep asking the EU to bend on the transition agreement. Of course the EU have stated again and again that it's locked and can't be changed so what are out government up to! It's insanity that's all! Well and buSINess and money of course!!  

In a more general way it could be argued that we're all creatures of habit and fall into loops easily. Knowing when a certain practice or habit is detrimental may not always be readily acknowledged by the practitioner. But the flip side is to have no habits, attachments and be a leaf in the wind which would possibly be even more detrimental to the individual?     

I think we must all simply be creating our own paradigm, Jung's individuation perhaps, and some things/habits are given value and others not. I place no value on sport, vanity, wealth or penis size but others will!

It's perhaps perpetual masturbation as we stare into the light, who knows, but time is a tool we all use! ;)

4 hours ago, Stosh said:

Thats funny , but its still built on the false premise , that individuals have their own truth,.

Truth has no meaning if it is not independent of the individual.

Yes I limit what I think truth is , when I hone it down to what actually exists , but that is not limiting what exists. 

And 'Bad and good' are not examples of what is truth,,  its a polemic which depends upon believing that truth is NOT independent of the person. 

So it is really you folks who think they can  validly run wild with truth and decide gay marriage is wrong etc. Not us folks who say that the truth is independent of my opinions and does NOT declare moral ' rights and wrongs.

Moreover , you are merely asserting your opinion and cannot say that its in fact true , or that I am wrong, without contradicting yourself .

I however , Can say that you are categorically wrong as a matter of fact, without being self contradictory. 
     Since I assert there is true fact , but at the same time,  I allow you the ability to defend your point.,
 I may come to the same conclusion you have- if you do that well.

BUT if there IS no true fact , then all you're doing is propounding unfounded opinion ,so you cannot convince me of your correctness , and we would remain at odds forever. tsk tsk 

The greatest truth is that all truths are true. Isn't that wonderful to know? That you are forevermore free to choose your own truth? And be supported evermore in the expansion of your own unique individual truth?

I suspect a great deal of the spiritual argument stuff is about wanting others to see us in a positive light.  It`s a tendency I recognize first and foremost in myself.  I`m not expert enough in any spiritual tradition to debate the fine points of doctrine or philosophy, but I still hope that people see me as wise.  Intertwined with this egoistic motivation is a genuine desire to be helpful to others.  So it`s both: I want my ego to be stroked and I want to be kind.  Perhaps most of our motivations are like this, impure, neither all good nor all bad.  

One of my psycho-spiritual goals is to decouple my sense of worth as a person from my outward accomplishments.  At the very least, I`d like to decouple my sense of worth from other people`s perception of my outward accomplishments.  My partner is an artist and he struggles with this same issue.  I tell him all the time: your value as a person is not tied to your ability to paint.  You could stop painting tomorrow, stop painting altogether, and you`d still be the same beautiful person you are today.  It`s more challenging to see that the same message applies to me.  My worthiness as a person has nothing to do with what other people think of my posts on Daobums.  I don`t go up in value if I say wise things or down in value if I say stupid ones.  

Edited by liminal_luke

31 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I suspect a great deal of the spiritual argument stuff is about wanting others to see us in a positive light.  It`s a tendency I recognize first and foremost in myself.  I`m not expert enough in any spiritual tradition to debate the fine points of doctrine or philosophy, but I still hope that people see me as wise.  Intertwined with this egoistic motivation is a genuine desire to be helpful to others.  So it`s both: I want my ego to be stroked and I want to be kind.  Perhaps most of our motivations are like this, impure, neither all good nor all bad.  

One of my psycho-spiritual goals is to decouple my sense of worth as a person from my outward accomplishments.  At the very least, I`d like to decouple my sense of worth from other people`s perception of my outward accomplishments.  My partner is an artist and he struggles with this same issue.  I tell him all the time: your value as a person is not tied to your ability to paint.  You could stop painting tomorrow, stop painting altogether, and you`d still be the same beautiful person you are today.  It`s more challenging to see that the same message applies to me.  My worthiness as a person has nothing to do with what other people think of my posts on Daobums.  I don`t go up in value if I say wise things or down in value if I say stupid ones.  

Like seeing in gray-scale ,, its not going to happen. 

59 minutes ago, Everything said:

The greatest truth is that all truths are true. Isn't that wonderful to know? That you are forevermore free to choose your own truth? And be supported evermore in the expansion of your own unique individual truth?

That's untrue dude. But you are free to explore delusion as you like. :) 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

That's untrue dude. But you are free to explore delusion as you like. :) 

Your perspective valid when you perceive me as delusional. You experience me as delusional. It is your interpretation of me. And like any truth, it is constantly changing. No truth is unchanging. Accept the very simple laws, of change changing into the unchanging law of you exist. Unchanging law of all is/are one and the one is/are the all. 

Your reality is not real, it is a BENEFICIAL, SERVING YOU, Illusion. 

Most people think illusions have to be bad. It's not. Without the stability of your linear time space perspective, you'd be in chaotic confusion. And then people will call you delusional. 

But to say that this reality is an unchanging truth, well you know already that that isn't true. 

But again the stability of your experience is of tremendous value. The well-being of this physical universe is all abounding. 

So what truth are you talking about if I may ask? 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Like seeing in gray-scale ,, its not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Everything said:

Your perspective valid when you perceive me as delusional. You experience me as delusional. It is your interpretation of me. And like any truth, it is constantly changing. No truth is unchanging. Accept the very simple laws, of change changing into the unchanging law of you exist. Unchanging law of all is/are one and the one is/are the all. 

Most people think illusions have to be bad. It's not. Without the stability of your linear time space perspective, you'd be in chaotic confusion. And then people will call you delusional. 

But to say that this reality is an unchanging truth, well you know already that that isn't true. 

But again the stability of your experience is of tremendous value. The well-being of this physical universe is all abounding. 

What he said. ^_^

17 minutes ago, Everything said:

Truth as a word for something , needs to be defined , this is what google tosses out..  that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality. I say there is a reality , and upon that stone the rest of the mental model is built which our words condone , our common limitations confirm. But in your insistence that there is no truth ,you cannot logically assert that you are correct in what you are saying  , its just noise. You are allowed your choice of noise , but that doesn't mean you can manipulate the world to manifest materials as an act of will. 

Anything that exists is real , but your ideas are real only as ideas , not as physical ...unicorns.  If you prove otherwise and can generate a living unicorn , I will concede that truth is a subjective thing and I have been misled. 

Edited by Stosh

13 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

What he said. ^_^

That the stuff I said, reflects the reality of what is true, is what makes what I said true.

Its not that my saying it, makes the the world be true by virtue of being in  conformance with my words. 

Edited by Stosh

48 minutes ago, Stosh said:

That the stuff I said, reflects the reality of what is true, is what makes what I said true.

Its not that my saying it, makes the the world be true by virtue of being in  conformance with my words. 

But it is. Even if you worship a stone, it can still break appart. So if you are looking for harder evidence. You will find harder evidence, evermore. But ull just get bored, there is always gonna be a better truth. 

But even if you look at the nature of a stone that seems to be unchanging to you. If you look closely. Real closely. Like... Eectron microscope close. The stone is in ever flux of changing. 

I'm not saying this to scare you, but just remind you, that you create your own truth. No one else is doing that for you, or can ever do that for you, EVER. 

Sometimes people give their power over to something else, and make them use their own power against them. It's like indirectly shooting yourself in the foot, using reverse psychology to make it seem appropriate. 

It's not ever gonna work to say that this is what reality is and that's that. Because you did not come here into this world to regurtitate truth. You came here to create and become new truth. So instead of looking at reality, and in good times you thrive and in bad times, not so much. 

You can simply instead allow every life circumstance to inspire within you a greatrer desire for your allowing of it and feeling good in uncovering the ever more fulfullment of your ever greater realisation of the truth that is the truth you really want to be your truth. Instead of just saying, yeah this is all I got. I'm done... Creation is complete.... Im bored... Im gonna sit and do nothing all day.... Just watch what's happening around me, ignore my emotions and never use my ability of focus to focus on what these circumstances inspire the desire within me. 

So you say, ok I'm fine with reality as it is. That is good. That is the first step of all creation. Now can you find things about your reality is even better than the rest? You can focus. And if you find something that feels worse, allow yourself to know clearly what it is you don't want, and thereby know more clearly what it is you do want aswell! And in time, your ability to focus is used so joyfully and succesfully. You will be one who say, I created that truth! I found it, I made it mine and now I live this new truth that I love and have been focused upon evermore so as to having allowed it to come to full realisation for me. 

The truth already exists. All creation is done non-physically vibrational energetic reality. Source of All Creation has given all unto you you could ever possibly want. Now it's your turn to select the ingredients of your own  unique and individually blessedly joyful personal truth. That only you and you alone can allow for yourself to become ever more. Simply by virtue of using your focus to in harmony and hand in hand with your ability to feel emotionally, what feels better for you. 

I see you like the stability and well-being very much. Then focus more on it. And enjoy it. But there are many crazy people out there, who ride cross motorcycles for absolutely no freaking reason cause it is fun. 

And I'm saying that the truth of other people are irrelevant. Only your truth and what you love the most is forevermore your truth. And you will be fully supported by creation in your truth, if you do focus on what you want and enjoy it. Then crazy folk can just inspire within you greater clarity and sanity and cleanliness and officialness maybe, or just fine precise fine tuned, or obsessive passion love joy. Whatever you enjoy. Maybe service. Maybe nature. Maybe wild pure nature. Or pure wild nature. Or science. Or biology. 

There are so many truth's. So many. You can enjoy all of it even if you wish. If it all feels similar. If one feels slightly better choose that. If one truth feels slightly less bad, choose that, that is also how you can uncover your greater truth. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

That would be an Inspiring post but for the problem that it's not true nor can you even claim it's true. Pick a different term, like personal expression . And I gotta leave it standing though.

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

That would be an Inspiring post but for the problem that it's not true nor can you even claim it's true. Pick a different term, like personal expression . And I gotta leave it standing though.

So are you saying that there is no truth? Then how come you still exist? And experience things. If you had no truth you woulden't be experiencing anything. That is a self contradictory statement. 

49 minutes ago, Everything said:

So are you saying that there is no truth? Then how come you still exist? And experience things. If you had no truth you woulden't be experiencing anything. That is a self contradictory statement. 

Ones experience,is not objective truth. It's just a subjective experience. For example, color, is an experience due to physical activations of the eye and brain. The hues do not exist. The universe ,rainbows, even bubbles are all gray scale.

That's why many people dream in black and white. The brain is not applying the circuitry to imply color.

Edited by Stosh

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

Ones experience,is not objective truth. It's just a subjective experience. For example, color, is an experience due to physical activations of the eye and brain. The hues do not exist. The universe ,rainbows, even dreams and bubbles are all gray scale.

I know people who are color blind who's seen colors for the first time, they did react positively to the experience.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Everything said:

I know people who are color blind who's seen colors for the first time, they did react positively to the experience.

They probably did, but it's not universal that newly sighted people derive much more from the new input than a new taste experience. 

I Edited the earlier post.

For many the illusion is so complete that they don't understand this even when it's explained .

Edited by Stosh

5 minutes ago, Stosh said:

They probably did, but it's not universal that newly sighted people derive much more from the new input than a new taste experience. 

I Edited the earlier post.

You can be sensitive enough to enjoy the finely tuned details of life, like an artist, or perhaps a painter who loves endless paintings of endless varrying scenes and atmospheres, color depth, contrast, brightness. It's allot of fun. No end to the fun. The more you get into it, the more you get out of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Everything said:

You can be sensitive enough to enjoy the finely tuned details of life, like an artist, or perhaps a painter who loves endless paintings of endless varrying scenes and atmospheres, color depth, contrast, brightness. It's allot of fun. No end to the fun. The more you get into it, the more you get out of it.

It can be just like that. Like fine art appreciation the great artists intimate knowledge of their craft begins only to stand out as one learns to note it. Like the poetry of Lao , the humor of chuang or the insanity of Van Gogh....or the dull lack of inspiration in the Analects.;)

Edited by Stosh