Patrick Brown

Are you a Misanthrope?

Rule #1 : F*** Them

Rule #2 : Everyone can kiss my a**

What to say, this seems to be the perennial human condition of living in a world where idiots are in the majority, and have every right to be idiots.

I remember once I was working in a small company (programming) and every morning the "guys" would arrive (almost 2 hrs after me) and say "Maaaaaate, last night was epic, we got totally f***ked up" and so on.   I was quite lost in this conversation and kept my head down.  But then one morning after a rather epic swim pool, I thought .... okay, let's just roll with this.   It's more like Pirate language, "Yeaaah, maaaaaaate, isn't it juuuuust" ... it's like a sort of neanderthal headbutt language, a good morning headbutt just to make sure everyone is sound, then ... we can get down to business.

And with many people, chipping in, rolling up sleeves, swearing, and so on .... goes a long way.   Forget about that nicey nicey BS, that's for panzies.   And maybe they have a point.   In the end, are you going to be someone who is going to help us row this stupid boat, or aren't you.   Your fancy ideas are not worth much here.

So there is a sanity and logic and reason for pirate behaviour after all.

Why bother being a misanthrope, just get laid.  Then later when nobody can see you, be epicly devoted to your tradition and make serious f****ing progress.   No, nobody will understand.   That's fine, just you and the teacher and the path and remember Rule#1.  And the, remember Rule #2.

Who has time to care about everyone anyway, nobody did before, in previous generations.   It seems more like a group wanking than anything else.   

Why care?   Just get on with you.

All that child born pure stuff can be stuffed where the sun don't shine too.   Better to find a good teacher and follow the path, deeply, be a warrior, but don't anyone in the daytime, just be a pirate.   Pirate by day, warrior by night.

Also the kissey kissey office stuff is not respected nearly as much as being a Pirate, Pirates have a sense of humour and it goes a long way.

Also stop being a vegetarian.   Vegetables have feelings too you know.   That's why they grow thorns and secrete poisons.   Yeah, lettuces do not want to be eaten .... by vegetarians or anyone else.   You need a higher logic here.   Yeah meat is not so good (although I have 8 Vennision and Cranberry sausages specially for Xmas in my fridge).   But a higher intelligence is something like this .... we all have to eat, everyone eats everyone, so be worthy of it.   Eat after you contribute, to life.   Contribute big, eat well.   Contribute nothing then go hungry.   If you eat something or someone, be worthy of it by contributing to life.   That's a higher idea.

Also don't go looking to convince the idiots, let them be what they are ... don't gravitate towards them like you want another beating.  Hang out with your own kind.   

Good ideas are only good if they take into account the stupidity of everyone else, otherwise they are not good. 

Many wise people have stressed themselves out and written sad songs about this world and so on ... but they become too detached from life.   If you are really that smart find a solution, like helping the morons, at least the morons who want help.  Otherwise don't worry.

And also we were all morons once upon a time, and might still be today, not sure, the territory between genius and moron is a grey area.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

On 25/12/2018 at 3:05 AM, rideforever said:

Rule #1 : F*** Them

Rule #2 : Everyone can kiss my a**

What to say, this seems to be the perennial human condition of living in a world where idiots are in the majority, and have every right to be idiots.

I remember once I was working in a small company (programming) and every morning the "guys" would arrive (almost 2 hrs after me) and say "Maaaaaate, last night was epic, we got totally f***ked up" and so on.   I was quite lost in this conversation and kept my head down.  But then one morning after a rather epic swim pool, I thought .... okay, let's just roll with this.   It's more like Pirate language, "Yeaaah, maaaaaaate, isn't it juuuuust" ... it's like a sort of neanderthal headbutt language, a good morning headbutt just to make sure everyone is sound, then ... we can get down to business.

And with many people, chipping in, rolling up sleeves, swearing, and so on .... goes a long way.   Forget about that nicey nicey BS, that's for panzies.   And maybe they have a point.   In the end, are you going to be someone who is going to help us row this stupid boat, or aren't you.   Your fancy ideas are not worth much here.

So there is a sanity and logic and reason for pirate behaviour after all.

I had no idea that you were an Aussie !   :o

Why bother being a misanthrope, just get laid.  Then later when nobody can see you, be epicly devoted to your tradition and make serious f****ing progress.   No, nobody will understand.   That's fine, just you and the teacher and the path and remember Rule#1.  And the, remember Rule #2.

Who has time to care about everyone anyway, nobody did before, in previous generations.   It seems more like a group wanking than anything else.   

Why care?   Just get on with you.

All that child born pure stuff can be stuffed where the sun don't shine too.   Better to find a good teacher and follow the path, deeply, be a warrior, but don't anyone in the daytime, just be a pirate.   Pirate by day, warrior by night.

Also the kissey kissey office stuff is not respected nearly as much as being a Pirate, Pirates have a sense of humour and it goes a long way.

Also stop being a vegetarian. 

:D

Vegetables have feelings too you know.   That's why they grow thorns and secrete poisons.   Yeah, lettuces do not want to be eaten .... by vegetarians or anyone else.   You need a higher logic here.   Yeah meat is not so good (although I have 8 Vennision and Cranberry sausages specially for Xmas in my fridge).   But a higher intelligence is something like this .... we all have to eat, everyone eats everyone, so be worthy of it.   Eat after you contribute, to life.   Contribute big, eat well.   Contribute nothing then go hungry.   If you eat something or someone, be worthy of it by contributing to life.   That's a higher idea.

Also don't go looking to convince the idiots, let them be what they are ... don't gravitate towards them like you want another beating.  Hang out with your own kind.   

Good ideas are only good if they take into account the stupidity of everyone else, otherwise they are not good. 

Many wise people have stressed themselves out and written sad songs about this world and so on ... but they become too detached from life.   If you are really that smart find a solution, like helping the morons, at least the morons who want help.  Otherwise don't worry.

And also we were all morons once upon a time, and might still be today, not sure, the territory between genius and moron is a grey area.

And also we were all morons once upon a time, and might still be today, not sure, the territory between genius and moron is a grey area. matter,

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Fa Xin said:

I was when I was younger. It was exhausting. 

Isn't that the truth??

I was a total rebel when I was a kid, thinking I was free.  I was cutting off 50% of my potential and didn't know it.  If you told me to go left, I had to go right.  Opposite dog, thinking I was off leash.  When you realize you can say Yes to life, everything opens up.  You can go left or right, say yes or no.

• Like 1