coolblue

Life after death

Did I interfere with his kharma? I acted as I thought best for him... He is alive and in hospital for treatment that will eventually be mostly psychological...

B)

Perhaps it was his karma for yu to do as you did.

If he was serious he would have stayed in his apartment and died.

A very raw situation you encountered wayfarer, i hope the best for your friend and evenly for you as i can understand experiencing such a drastic unfortunate event can come as a shock.

Perhaps it was his karma for yu to do as you did.

If he was serious he would have stayed in his apartment and died.

With a knife plunged in the chest it looks pretty serieus allready. I had the same thought as you, its possible karma lead to wayfarer being at the right time at the right (wrong) moment. Wayfarer did the right thing to do instinctively.

I recently tracked down an old pal of mine and visited him in the psych ward yesterday. He's not crazy, but he did attempt suicide. I've been "what iffing" a fair amount since that visit, as he and I weren't on speaking terms when he tried for the exit door. Maybe I could have helped during that time??? The reason we weren't speaking is that he had been rude to me which drove me off. But I knew that he was a charity case kind of a situation and perhaps I shouldn't have been so fickle.

This morning I got a mass email about a professor serving coffee in a variety of mugs... some nice, some not so nice and all the students eyeing each other's mugs when the professor said that the whole point is to enjoy the coffee and not worry so much about the mug and he closed with: "Worry looks around, sorrow looks back, but faith looks up."

I can tune into each of those perspectives and I think the truest and most beneficial perspective is that of faith that all things will work out fine in the end and even are working out fine in the here and now too.

I can feel that that *is* the ultimate truth, but it's a slippery one at times...

Thanks for the feed-back gang... I am still a wee bit shook by the experience. Some of our mutual friends have said thanks to me and seem to think I was somehow "heroic" in my keeping him from finishing the job...

I guess it was just a mysterious happenstance or devine will or somesuch (dumb luck)...that had me able to deal with the event- many folks may not know to leave any foriegn object in a person until taken to a hospital...

I think it true, that if he really wanted to die he would have just waited awhile or pulled the knife before coming down the stairs with it in his freaking chest!!! He seemed only to want to shock (cry for help) and rely on me to pull him through...

But he did keep saying he wanted to die, and he clearly stated that he had stabbed himself and not fallen on the blade- (which also finally convinced the cops that I didn't stab him, along with the neighbor's statement that my self-destructive pal came to the door-pre-stabbed...) their first impulse was to see a victim/perp situation when confronted by a guy with a big knife in his chest, and someone else hunkered over the stabee & holding his arms to restrain his movement...

So he was careful in a way... it seems he didn't want to harm anyone else in his attempt on his own life...

So, I do feel/believe that I did the right thing... Only this thread started me wondering about the whole event in a different light as it were...

I do attribute my calmness to whatever inner peace I have achieved in my meditation/kungfu practices, I remained sort of aware and yet a bit detached as the event unfolded, I put my own repulsion aside and acted as swiftly as I could. I just hope he lives to become a MUCH happier fella! It will not be easy for him now and he will need a lot of care and compassion.

Thanks for the feed-back gang... I am still a wee bit shook by the experience. Some of our mutual friends have said thanks to me and seem to think I was somehow "heroic" in my keeping him from finishing the job...

I guess it was just a mysterious happenstance or devine will or somesuch (dumb luck)...that had me able to deal with the event- many folks may not know to leave any foriegn object in a person until taken to a hospital...

I think it true, that if he really wanted to die he would have just waited awhile or pulled the knife before coming down the stairs with it in his freaking chest!!! He seemed only to want to shock (cry for help) and rely on me to pull him through...

But he did keep saying he wanted to die, and he clearly stated that he had stabbed himself and not fallen on the blade- (which also finally convinced the cops that I didn't stab him, along with the neighbor's statement that my self-destructive pal came to the door-pre-stabbed...) their first impulse was to see a victim/perp situation when confronted by a guy with a big knife in his chest, and someone else hunkered over the stabee & holding his arms to restrain his movement...

So he was careful in a way... it seems he didn't want to harm anyone else in his attempt on his own life...

So, I do feel/believe that I did the right thing... Only this thread started me wondering about the whole event in a different light as it were...

I do attribute my calmness to whatever inner peace I have achieved in my meditation/kungfu practices, I remained sort of aware and yet a bit detached as the event unfolded, I put my own repulsion aside and acted as swiftly as I could. I just hope he lives to become a MUCH happier fella! It will not be easy for him now and he will need a lot of care and compassion.

you did a brave thing, yet I have mixed feelings about it myself.

he did not want to die though, not really, he wanted to shock people into forcing attention on himself. the highest sign of the supremely selfish and incomplete personality is the person that makes other people have to deal with them. he does need help. he needs love and clearly is an entire universe away from loving himself or life.

the problem with how we treat lost and broken people that demand our attention by doing things like visiting people to tell them you want to die with a knife in your chest is that their next stop in life will be mostly likely, biological psychiatry.

there are worse things than death. such being only half alive. if he had had died, he would not longer be in pain. at least not until the wheel resets his ass when he incarnates again and has to go through it all over.

but subjectively speaking, he would have escaped the burden of corporeal existence short term and been free.

in all likelihood by now he has a mental health diagnoses and is most likely under the influence of emotion,mind and chi damaging medications toxic to the body that will render him incapable of feeling or thinking about the nature of the problems that led to stabbing himself in the first place.

these drugs will mask the symptoms and for the entire duration of his experience with them, he will truly no longer be himself but an artificial personality if he ever gets off psych meds, his old suicidal self will still be there.

the reasons people want to die have to do to love or a lack of it

or

a lack of a reason to live or a meaning to life.

or all of them

there is no therapy no drug that can give you those things

you have to scale your existence back to the beginning and find yourself and who you are and what you want

in partaking in psychiatry you distort your true self and move further and further away from that understanding

like i said

there is worse things than death

Edited by SFJane