Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

She wants to be the martyr, it's like the pinnacle of her child-free life, her gift to the nation, to be a whipping girl for the unpopular brexit.  Unfortunately as one can see from Christian history, being an uber victim is not quite the same thing as taking care of business, and can also be a comfortable little niche to lie in instead of dealing with hard cold facts, like negotiation strategy.
Anyway, for the crowd it is convenient to blame it on her, and for parliament as well.   

Then all can return to their waking dream they call life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

She wants to be the martyr, it's like the pinnacle of her child-free life, her gift to the nation, to be a whipping girl for the unpopular brexit.  Unfortunately as one can see from Christian history, being an uber victim is not quite the same thing as taking care of business, and can also be a comfortable little niche to lie in instead of dealing with hard cold facts, like negotiation strategy.
Anyway, for the crowd it is convenient to blame it on her, and for parliament as well.   

Then all can return to their waking dream they call life.

velazquez_christ_on_the_cross-web.jpg

I know that I hung on a windy tree
nine long nights,
wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
myself to myself,
on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.

No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn,
downwards I peered;
I took up the runes,
screaming I took them,
then I fell back from there.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Apech said:

velazquez_christ_on_the_cross-web.jpg

I know that I hung on a windy tree
nine long nights,
wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
myself to myself,
on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run.

No bread did they give me nor a drink from a horn,
downwards I peered;
I took up the runes,
screaming I took them,
then I fell back from there.

As the daughter of an Anglo - Catholic, Church of England wallah I am not at all sure that Theresa would appreciate your associating her with the Old Gods.

My own view is that most of her faults stem from her Christian upbringing.

Unfortunately she did not have a Christian upbringing.
She had a Church of BS England upbringing, in other words a materialistic atheistic self indulgent self gratifying cowardly smirk.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Unfortunately she did not have a Christian upbringing.
She had a Church of BS England upbringing, in other words a materialistic atheistic self indulgent self gratifying cowardly smirk.

in excommunicationem!!!!!!

“Wherefore by the judgment of God Almighty, the Father, the Son and Holy Ghost, of the St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the Saints, and by virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth that which was divinely entrusted to us, we deprive him [the Maybot] with all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord; we separate him from the society of all Christians; we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth; and we declare him excommunicated and anathematized, as well as judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobates. So long as he will not burst the fetters of the Devil, amend himself and do penance and make reparation to the Church which he has offended, we deliver him to Satan for the perdition of his flesh, so that his soul may be saved on the day of judgment. "

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

Religion aside Theresa is still Prime Minister and seems set to wobble along in that role a little longer. I expect more fun and games in the week ahead.

56472498_10216068206612095_7436460015864512512_n.jpg

• Haha 1

Prime Drip May will meed with Soy Boy Marxist Corbyn today to discuss the way forward with Brexit. Words fail me but plenty more fun to come yet.

image.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm beginning to think that the best favour the EU could do us is to kick us out on April 12th.  It would save me screaming at the TV 'just fucking make up your minds!' or similar.  

5 hours ago, Apech said:

I'm beginning to think that the best favour the EU could do us is to kick us out on April 12th.  It would save me screaming at the TV 'just fucking make up your minds!' or similar.  

The E.U. are no better than we are. Unfortunately the ball has been in our court from day one and it is our inability to play it that has caused the problems.

The saddest part of all this is the fact that we probably have the politicians we deserve.

24 minutes ago, Chang said:

The E.U. are no better than we are. Unfortunately the ball has been in our court from day one and it is our inability to play it that has caused the problems.

The saddest part of all this is the fact that we probably have the politicians we deserve.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Apech said:

Alice Weidel generally speaks sound common sense and seems set to be a thorn in the side of Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer when AKK steps into Merkels bloomers.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chang said:

Alice Weidel generally speaks sound common sense and seems set to be a thorn in the side of Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer when AKK steps into Merkels bloomers.

That was a damn fine speech and made me remember what a leader with definite views is like.  maybe we can swap her for May.

• Like 1

As someone who has never voted, this whole fiasco has showed me I was right all along. They're all incompetent at governing our country. This is the worst set of politicians I've ever seen, from all sides. Hopefully the rest of the countries in Europe who want out of the global tyranny, will have less problems ? Italy look good for the next exit and possibly Greece ? Hungary and Poland ? Once one breaks free, there will be a domino effect. 

2 hours ago, Apech said:

That was a damn fine speech and made me remember what a leader with definite views is like.  maybe we can swap her for May.

Wishful thinking I am afraid. We are stuck with May and I see no one better on the horizon.

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

As someone who has never voted, this whole fiasco has showed me I was right all along. They're all incompetent at governing our country. This is the worst set of politicians I've ever seen, from all sides. Hopefully the rest of the countries in Europe who want out of the global tyranny, will have less problems ? Italy look good for the next exit and possibly Greece ? Hungary and Poland ? Once one breaks free, there will be a domino effect. 

Once one breaks free there could well be a domino effect but unfortunately "one" has yet to break free.

• Like 1

"Theresa May has written to the European Union to request a further delay to Brexit until 30 June.

The UK is currently due to leave the EU on 12 April and, as yet, no withdrawal deal has been approved by MPs.

The prime minister has proposed that if UK MPs approve a deal in time, the UK should be able to leave before European Parliamentary elections on 23 May.

But she said the UK would prepare to field candidates in those elections in case no agreement is reached.

It is up to the EU whether to grant an extension to the Article 50 process, under which the UK leaves the EU, after MPs repeatedly rejected the withdrawal agreement reached between the UK and the bloc."

It is looking more and more likely that we will in fact have to partake of the European Parliamentary elections on May 23rd.

Whilst this could be lauded as an opportunity for Brexiteers to show their continued contempt for the European Tyranny there is a problem.

Should the elections take place in the U.K. then Brexiteers will have a choice of two anti E.U. parties, namely UKIP and Nigel Farage's incipient Brexit Party. Should these two parties decide to oppose each other, which seems likely, then the anti E.U. vote would be split resulting in neither party faring well.

Whatever happens there is plenty more fun to come before things return to normal, whatever normal now means.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chang said:

"Theresa May has written to the European Union to request a further delay to Brexit until 30 June.

The UK is currently due to leave the EU on 12 April and, as yet, no withdrawal deal has been approved by MPs.

The prime minister has proposed that if UK MPs approve a deal in time, the UK should be able to leave before European Parliamentary elections on 23 May.

But she said the UK would prepare to field candidates in those elections in case no agreement is reached.

It is up to the EU whether to grant an extension to the Article 50 process, under which the UK leaves the EU, after MPs repeatedly rejected the withdrawal agreement reached between the UK and the bloc."

It is looking more and more likely that we will in fact have to partake of the European Parliamentary elections on May 23rd.

Whilst this could be lauded as an opportunity for Brexiteers to show their continued contempt for the European Tyranny there is a problem.

Should the elections take place in the U.K. then Brexiteers will have a choice of two anti E.U. parties, namely UKIP and Nigel Farage's incipient Brexit Party. Should these two parties decide to oppose each other, which seems likely, then the anti E.U. vote would be split resulting in neither party faring well.

Whatever happens there is plenty more fun to come before things return to normal, whatever normal now means.

Maybe either Gerard Batten or Farage are Special branch UCOs - covertly destroying the Brexit movement.

• Haha 1

Newport Byelection results:

Here are the results in full, from the Press Association

Ruth Jones (Lab) 9,308 (39.58%, -12.73%) 
Matthew Evans (C) 7,357 (31.29%, -8.00%) 
Neil Hamilton (UKIP) 2,023 (8.60%, +6.07%) 
Jonathan T Clark (PC) 1,185 (5.04%, +2.56%) 
Ryan Jones (LD) 1,088 (4.63%, +2.38%) 
Amelia Womack (Green) 924 (3.93%, +2.79%) 
June Davies (Renew) 879 (3.74%) 
Richard Suchorzewski (Assembly) 205 (0.87%) 
Ian McLean (Soc Dem) 202 (0.86%) 
Phillip Taylor (DVP) 185 (0.79%) 
Hugh Nicklin (FBM) 159 (0.68%)

Lab maj 1,951 (8.30%) 
2.36% swing Lab to C

No byelection should be interpreted too closely on its own. What’s interesting about the pattern in Newport West is that it is consistent with the expectations one might have had, given what the national opinion polls have been saying recently, which is a decline in the combined level of support for Conservative and Labour, with Ukip back to roughly the level that they were before the 2017 elections.

[The swing from Labour to the Tories] frankly ... is irrelevant. Both parties are down, and both parties are losing ground in the wake of the Brexit saga. The Conservativesare particularly clearly losing their support amongst their leave voters, and it is going towards Ukip. Newport West is consistent with that story in the polls.

Equally the Labour party is losing ground, probably more amongst its remain supporters. There were four parties in Newport West fighting on a pro second referendum, reverse the result position: the Liberal Democrats, Plaid, the so-called Renew party and the Greens. Collectively their vote was up by 11 percentage points.

I don’t think it tells us anything about whether or not people want a referendum, but certainly it indicates how potentially parties on that side of the spectrum are also beginning to be able to gain ground.

Edited by Apech

2 hours ago, Apech said:

Maybe either Gerard Batten or Farage are Special branch UCOs - covertly destroying the Brexit movement.

I do not think we need concern ourselves with conspiracy theories here. It is, I am afraid, simply the human condition which has brought this about. It will effectively split the right wing vote though and thereby play into the hands of the left wing liberal elite.

tp-composite-quentin-letts.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

May to meet Merkel and Macron for Brexit talks. Time is running out for the Prime Minister to reach agreement with Labour ahead of a summit with European leaders this week. ... Mrs May will meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin and French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris on Tuesday.

Desperate to extend Article 50 Prime Drip May will go cap in hand to fellow Cultural Marxists Merkel and Macron in an attempt to garner support before Wednesdays  Brexit summit in Brussels. The two Old Birds are pictured below with the Soy Boy.

It is all just fun, fun, fun.

AP_18081673637390.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chang said:

May to meet Merkel and Macron for Brexit talks. Time is running out for the Prime Minister to reach agreement with Labour ahead of a summit with European leaders this week. ... Mrs May will meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin and French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris on Tuesday.

Desperate to extend Article 50 Prime Drip May will go cap in hand to fellow Cultural Marxists Merkel and Macron in an attempt to garner support before Wednesdays  Brexit summit in Brussels. The two Old Birds are pictured below with the Soy Boy.

It is all just fun, fun, fun.

As you might have gathered from my absence I'm fucking furious!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this loony trollop allowed to continue this farce? Really?! Has any leader of any country ever be so incompetent while being so despised by the citizens? 

This women is destroying this country single handed! Get me a gun and I'll do the wet work!!!!

FUCK! 

:)

37 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

As you might have gathered from my absence I'm fucking furious!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this loony trollop allowed to continue this farce? Really?! Has any leader of any country ever be so incompetent while being so despised by the citizens? 

This women is destroying this country single handed! Get me a gun and I'll do the wet work!!!!

FUCK! 

:)

Ask yourself why none of the ERG or Brexiteers has the balls to stand against her.  That's why we still have her.

• Like 1