Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, lifeforce said:

Like my dad says " They all piss in the same pot "

Be great to have a genuine working class PM but I doubt it will ever happen. 

2 hours ago, Chang said:

Your desire to see the Silent Majority rise up and give the establishment a good beasting  is laudable but unlikely.

The Left pretty much have the monopoly on violent demonstration,  though the establishment media love to preach about the dangers of far Right terrorism it is paled by the threat posed by Islam and Marxism.

It is however interesting that M.P.'s have been advised not to go out alone for fear of an enraged populace having a pop at them.

You would think that politico's all time low came in the midst of the expenses scandal but Brexit has taken hatred for our parliamentery representatives to a whole new level.. What we need is a peoples champion to stride forth and take control. A figure that we can both love and respect who has an aura of honour and integrity, a champion for all things good and decent. A man whom Apech would be proud to follow into the mouth of hell. Only one figure comes to mind.

corbyn.png

If ever there was a picture to describe incompetence, this is it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Brown said:

Be great to have a genuine working class PM but I doubt it will ever happen. 

I don't think they exist anymore, or have for many years. 

• Like 1

Just now, lifeforce said:

I don't think they exist anymore, or have for many years. 

Probably because politics is such a hot bed of deception and lies it only attracts a certain type of person! 

9259749.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

If you're from anywhere north of Watford, you might have a different opinion of her. She singlehandedly ruined millions of lives and caused divisions within communities, and families which still last today. There's also the fact that she willingly knew about rampant paedophilia within her ranks and helped cover up the likes of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris. Her closest ministers have been linked to  the murder of those poor kids who were abducted and raped.

I have no respect for her. She was a heinous witch and it's no wonder her death was celebrated by many of the working classes.

It's a pity the IRA didn't finish her off in Brighton earlier.

I think Manchester counts as north of Watford.

I was only saying she was competent and had skills.  I don't like her or her policies.  And i find 'heinous witch' to be insulting - to witches :)

• Haha 2

Remember to share my video with as many people as possible lifeforce as the government petition website should be closed down as it's not fit for purpose and a lie. The fact it hasn't been shut down now that we all know how to fiddle it is a scandal and is government corruption yet again. 

• Like 1

What May said to Tory MPs about resigning before next phase of Brexit talks

"Downing Street has sent out extracts from what Theresa May said to Tory MPs at the Conservative backbench 1922 Committee.This has been a testing time for our country and our party. We’re nearly there. We’re almost ready to start a new chapter and build that brighter future.

But before we can do that, we have to finish the job in hand. As I say, I don’t tour the bars and engage in the gossip – but I do make time to speak to colleagues, and I have a great team in the whips’ office. I also have two excellent PPSs.

And I have heard very clearly the mood of the parliamentary party. I know there is a desire for a new approach – and new leadership – in the second phase of the Brexit negotiations – and I won’t stand in the way of that.

I know some people are worried that if you vote for the withdrawal agreement, I will take that as a mandate to rush on into phase two without the debate we need to have. I won’t – I hear what you are saying.

But we need to get the deal through and deliver Brexit ...

I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to do what is right for our country and our party.

I ask everyone in this room to back the deal so we can complete our historic duty – to deliver on the decision of the British people and leave the European Union with a smooth and orderly exit."

Whatever sort of Brexit is "delivered" I fear that it will be a monstrous abortion considering the quality of midwives we have available to us.

Plenty more fun still to come chaps.

• Haha 1

Why would MPs be more likely to vote for her deal if May resigns?

I really don't get the logic of that, if there is any.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apech said:

Why would MPs be more likely to vote for her deal if May resigns?

I really don't get the logic of that, if there is any.

Think it was a feeble attempt at placating the leave camp especially the ERG although I didn't understand it either. Just seems as if they all have their heads in the sand as we have potential civil unrest tomorrow and perhaps through the weekend, with any luck! 

Also the blatant lies and arse kissing goes on and on! So as said they all seem oblivious to what going on with the public or maybe they just don't care? So as the country teeters on the edge of civil war all these MP's chunter on laughing as if they wont be held accountable!!!

I personally think it's gone too far and chaos is coming but if we just left without a deal on the 12th April the beast might be subdued. Perhaps the government are just testing the level of potential civil unrest by using the weekend as a trial period!!! LOL :ph34r:

Will I be going to Londung? What with these legs? -_-

Edited by Patrick Brown

Your lust for chaos and anarchy is indeed laudable Patrick. I do feel that you massively underestimate the apathy of the British people though.

BeachHankyHeadEXPAT_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqShZqzYf2SlGHY-jAmg3B7Nlzq5Jer3-gnqnWRe7P1Pg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chang said:

Your lust for chaos and anarchy is indeed laudable Patrick. I do feel that you massively underestimate the apathy of the British people though.

BeachHankyHeadEXPAT_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqShZqzYf2SlGHY-jAmg3B7Nlzq5Jer3-gnqnWRe7P1Pg.jpg

Fair do's he kept his socks on and I respect that.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Chang said:

Yes but once kids get interested there's no stopping them. Unfortunately the indoctrinated are legion but the freethinkers are fierce and cunning. Err just need to get them off the drugs and booze!! 

6 minutes ago, Apech said:

Fair do's he kept his socks on and I respect that.

Well we wouldn't want any of those freethinking hippy sentiments leaking out would we? :P

Now where's my bucket and spade? 

4 hours ago, Chang said:

But where's his kebab, cans of lager and his sky sports subscription ?

• Haha 1

So if I have this right, today while thousands of people in Mozambique who have lost everything die of cholera, in Westminster 650 of the most brilliant privileged minds meet for the third time to give an 'unmeaningful vote' on May's deal which they have already rejected meaningfully twice.  Having already said:

no to 'no deal'

no to a public vote

no to a customs union

no to common market 2.0

no to Canada plus

no to Norway plus

no to revoking Art. 50

which can be summed up as Parliament taking back control.

I think that's about it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, it's bizarre how surreal politics and news and public life seems these last twenty years.

Struggle seems to be the overriding tone.  Struggle against the apparent opposition, with little or no compromise and a lot of vehement rhetoric and inflammatory spin dialogue.

It used to be, both sides would disagree, come to the table and hammer out a compromise whereby both sides gained something, while giving something.

Lately, there seems no ground for compromise at all.  Pure unadulterated rage, hate and accusation.  Any offered facts are spun so relentlessly that objectivity dissolves in the bog of rigid opposition to anything proffered that is not only and fully one's own ideas.  Even when one has no ideas of one's own yet.

I'm reminded of something Bucky Fuller said, which has always resonated and seems very wise.  (paraphrase) "To change things, you never fight the existing system.  To change the system, create a new model that renders the old model obsolete and the old system will fall away without a struggle."

The recurring process I see in American politics, is that our politicos seem immured in a process of not even being able to consider ideas put forth by the opposition.  Out of fear, I suspect, that a functional idea would potentially reflect well on their opponents and give them a leg up, so to prevent their opponents from gaining any momentum or credit, they stifle anything proposed, even when they have no alternative model to offer as a solution themselves.

Two examples over here.  Health care and Education.  Affordable Health Care (which republicants despise) and Common Core (which democraps hate) are two processes that are clunky and don't work.  Rather than spend effort creating ideas and offering suggestions of new models that would solve the issues with the old, there is simply struggle, and foaming at the mouth rejection of the current model with no solutions offered at all.  There are no options offered aside from 'tear this shit down!'

How best is life preserved and nurtured?

fighting against?  or working toward?

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

How best is life preserved and nurtured?

fighting against?  or working toward?

The Classicos might suggest that leaving things alone and allowing them to settle was the best way to nurture such things. 

However, I think we are living with a problem born of the info age, the news no longer can throw an objective weight around, because they are no longer objective. 

We are under attack from a propaganda effort internally generated and externally assisted.

It may be that this turns out to be the darkness which turns on some lights, or , it could be the end of the great experiment, and the western democracies will slip into a communist miasma. 

I suppose I could be fine even if that does happen , I don't require much , and  I am getting older fast,  the real headache will befall the generations after mine. They will be the ones hip deep in water , with no private property , no airplanes , no privacy or self determination. They wont even be allowed to drive , someone will press that the automatic cars are safer than humans. Brave new world.  

Edited by Stosh
  • Thanks 2