Hern Heng

Well put post about David Verdessi

Of course members can continue to speculate if I know about or have experienced the 'germinal vesicle' or not.

So, why dont you tell us?

"know" does not cut it- parroting eva wong's translation is worthless.

Stop being cutie-coy and tell us if you have experienced it or not will ya?

I hope i'm not interrupting anything :lol:

Procurator, I think you should try and focus your beliefs in a thread of your own.

You told us about DON'Ts, please try and formulate something about the DO's

Otherwise, your credibility is greatly flawed. In case that doesnt bother you, carry on.

:)

You told us about DON'Ts, please try and formulate something about the DO's

(shrug) as opposed to yourself i find that telling people what to do unasked- is bad form.

Otherwise, your credibility is greatly flawed. In case that doesnt bother you, carry on.

:)

you are amazingly perceptive. thanks for your kind permission too.

well i just asked ya, so go ahead and speak up im sure you have something worth to say

i am truely interested

well i just asked ya, so go ahead and speak up im sure you have something worth to say

i am truely interested

i am certain you are. who would not be? you are casually asking me to go ahead and divulge hard earned , knowledge that is both precious and secret. naive does not begin to describe your request.

i didnt ask you to divulge secrets. did i? of course not.

feel free to share anything you want, that is not secret.

or you can show us a way to find................ to- find- a- way- to- have- a -chanse- to- find- a -way- to- be- lucky- enough- to find a way to earn hard that knowledge ourselves.

and im not playing irony here

(please be really carefull what you say now)

^_^

And I am not volunteering to correct your understanding of it. You can always pay Hern Heng for some real or recycled info, if you so wish.

i hope my sense of humor isn't being lost on anyone.

or you can show us a way to find................ to- find- a- way- to- have- a -chanse- to- find- a -way- to- be- lucky- enough- to find a way to earn hard that knowledge ourselves.

and im not playing irony here

(please be really carefull what you say now)

thank you, i always am.

now, there are worthy and there are unworthy, there are those that have destiny and those that have not. the Way is not a public matter, it never has been. If it is in public or for the public - its not the Way.

most of the people dont have destiny, its just a fact of life. you are welcome to talk to me privately my icq is 388 120 744.

Edited by Procurator

Hi Allen,

I hope I can help clear up your concern about David. He and Wang Liping are writing a book together on the secret of the golden flower. Actually the title is a mistranslation; modern scholars don't really have a clue.

The book (no book does) does not show you how to do the practice and many of the texts are incorrect in their theory and translation. The stuff that's out there on this practice is greatly flawed and incomplete; some of this is intentional.

Sifu Wang intends to give the Gong only (outer teaching). His hope is that lay people will benifit and that some will reach a good level to go further.

David is one of two students to ever actually receive permission to teach Long Men Pai from Sifu Wang. I will post some more info soon to share about the experiences I had with Wang Liping. Hopefully that will paint a little clearer picture of David's relationship to Sifu and put to rest the doubts that people will naturally want to express.

S

Hey! Procurator, are you not practising double standards?

And is it your usual style to accuse member(s) of parroting someone's translation without providing concrete evidence? Please surprise me with Eva Wong's written experience on the 'germinal vesicle'. Thanks.

I was trying to establish if you have personally experienced "the cavity". You have not. Whose words were you repeating is of no concequence. if not wong's it could have been cleary's translations etc.

Per your request here is a list of wong's works:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-8...p;x=15&y=26

Guest allan

Hi Allen,

I hope I can help clear up your concern about David. He and Wang Liping are writing a book together on the secret of the golden flower. Actually the title is a mistranslation; modern scholars don't really have a clue.

The book (no book does) does not show you how to do the practice and many of the texts are incorrect in their theory and translation. The stuff that's out there on this practice is greatly flawed and incomplete; some of this is intentional.

Sifu Wang intends to give the Gong only (outer teaching). His hope is that lay people will benifit and that some will reach a good level to go further.

David is one of two students to ever actually receive permission to teach Long Men Pai from Sifu Wang. I will post some more info soon to share about the experiences I had with Wang Liping. Hopefully that will paint a little clearer picture of David's relationship to Sifu and put to rest the doubts that people will naturally want to express.

S

The break up in the text of the Secret of the Golden Flower has been well documented in the Wilhelm/Baynes translation. You are not saying anything new. That is one of the reasons why the Hui Ming Ching has been included in the translation.

A word for fellow members from a Quanzhen friend, who happened to be an elder of Long Men Pai and a high level neidan practitioner, and I qoute:

"Quanzhen do not charge any fees for teaching neidan practices to students. However Quanzhen will only teach higher levels of the practice to those students who have a good character, meaning those who are considered virtuous. "

As I have warned before in another thread, you and your teacher have to be a bit more circumspect of your claims on Wang Liping and his authority. And of your knowledge of how Daoist temples are run in China. Can you not see what had happened in that thread?

My Quanzhen friend can get access to directly speak to Wang. Do you really want some of the misleading claims to reach the ears of Wang Liping?

The break up in the text of the Secret of the Golden Flower has been well documented in the Wilhelm/Baynes translation. You are not saying anything new. That is one of the reasons why the Hui Ming Ching has been included in the translation.

Hi Allan!

It is not clear to me exactly what you are saying here. As I read you and others, the Wilhelm translation of the Secret of the Golden Flower is somehow incomplete or flawed, can you elaborate exactly what is wrong with it? Further, you suggest the incomplete text has been somehow corrected with the inclusion of a translation of the of Hui Ming Ching, can you point to a text that has the corrected version of the Secret of the Golden Flower you speak of?

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam.