s1va

Closing of chakras or falling back?

Lot of texts were written about chakra openings, the corresponding experiences and the changes that come along with the opening of these chakras.  Once a chakra is open, is the work done?  Can the opened chakra get obstructed or closed again?  Some texts state that things such chakra openings can go back, close again or get obstructed, at least until the person reaches a certain level.  Some masters from the past have stated that the heart opening is the key point, after which the consciousness cannot drop to lower levels. Like a point after which there is no going backwards.  That makes sense in some ways.  The heart opening is just not a physiological change, it seems to be a sort of realization.  Supposing the heart chakra can close again -- which seems to be a possibility in my observation -- does it mean that the person who had some sort of realization or awakening is unrealized now with respect to that particular realization or awakening?  

This unrealizing part is the challenging one.  I feel that once there is a realization, a person may forget what they realized, but can not unrealize it ever.  There is also a lot of debate on the point after which there is no going (falling) back.  Some state it is the heart opening and some others say it is after the central channel (sushumna) opens and Kundalini is able to flow through it.  Looks like most great masters from the past agreed on that except Buddha, who said it is possible to fall down even after the opening of the central channel.

Just curious what others feel about the closing of chakras or falling back!  Also the point after which there is no going back and the person or the entity just keeps moving forward.  Something like Earth's escape velocity.  If we throw an object in the sky it falls back due to the gravity of the earth.  If someone throws an object above a certain speed called escape velocity, it is going to travel out of earth's atmosphere and keep going.  What is the escape velocity in spiritual progress

• Like 4

Wish I could answer in another way , but the only thing that came to mind is - although I know what you mean with _falling back_ - that there is nothing like that even though a chakra might close again. But then this closing gives new input for new realizations and new experiences and in a broader view something like going backwards in ones spiritual development is not possible - although it may seem like that in this space/time reality, but if this seems to happen I think its important to not judge and accept it and know it happens for a reasons.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If I drop all my practices and start living a life of greed and attachments... I’m sure obstructions would form. 

But I would think if one has made any “actual” progress, one would not revert to such a lifestyle. 

I think your term “realizations” is key here. Some things cannot be unlearned, no matter how far you stray.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, s1va said:

Lot of texts were written about chakra openings, the corresponding experiences and the changes that come along with the opening of these chakras.  Once a chakra is open, is the work done?  Can the opened chakra get obstructed or closed again?  Some texts state that things such chakra openings can go back, close again or get obstructed, at least until the person reaches a certain level.  Some masters from the past have stated that the heart opening is the key point, after which the consciousness cannot drop to lower levels. Like a point after which there is no going backwards.  That makes sense in some ways.  The heart opening is just not a physiological change, it seems to be a sort of realization.  Supposing the heart chakra can close again -- which seems to be a possibility in my observation -- does it mean that the person who had some sort of realization or awakening is unrealized now with respect to that particular realization or awakening?  

This unrealizing part is the challenging one.  I feel that once there is a realization, a person may forget what they realized, but can not unrealize it ever.  There is also a lot of debate on the point after which there is no going (falling) back.  Some state it is the heart opening and some others say it is after the central channel (sushumna) opens and Kundalini is able to flow through it.  Looks like most great masters from the past agreed on that except Buddha, who said it is possible to fall down even after the opening of the central channel.

Just curious what others feel about the closing of chakras or falling back!  Also the point after which there is no going back and the person or the entity just keeps moving forward.  Something like Earth's escape velocity.  If we throw an object in the sky it falls back due to the gravity of the earth.  If someone throws an object above a certain speed called escape velocity, it is going to travel out of earth's atmosphere and keep going.  What is the escape velocity in spiritual progress

Their is a general misconception around the idea of open and closed chakras - it is not really the way it works.

The chakras are largely like aperures - they open and close as abilities are utilized and then retreated from. They look like flowers in a way as they are often drawn and they stem from the main back channel but are primarily seen in the front of the body or on the surface of the skin layers.

As one expands in complexity one utilizes more of the growing capacities and the chakras grow in size and in brightness.

All of the channels also grow and expand in this same way.

The idea of wanting all the chakras OPEN is actually unhealthy in the way it is most frequently understood:

in many ways it is like saying I want all the windows and doors to my house open and the heater and air conditioning to be on full blast.

Obstructions are also generally not so much the case as are constrictions and just plain lack of use and growth - or in a sense - the right fuel. Meditation creates many of the necessary frequencies to begin to expand and open the lesser chakrams at the extremities and in between all joints and in the nadis - as these reach a pitch - the asanas help to stretch and weave the energies through the nadis and along the sheaths and help to facilitate much expanding in the greater channels.

The chakras flourish not from removing blocks so much but by expanding beyond the shackles of timidity and dogma and the judgements that constrict our energies in resistance. We think it is this "brick" here and there and we need to fix That and That and then I will flow better - this is not the case - this is monkey mind leading you to a better victimhood.

In expanding within the chakras - one can also easily become lost to the abilities - imagine far greater achievement than achieved. This happens with psychics regularly as well as clairsentients - heart openings can easily become sirens that hold one for decades. This is a touchy topic and often a misinterpreted guidance.

We tend to think of one area being higher than another - this is not true - the base is the foundation and without a strong base the head and heart will be weak and seek refuge and pontification. Balance and patience - never ending patience - this seemingly slow route is the most expedient route.

The seemingly fastest routes are always the slowest.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, phil said:

Wish I could answer in another way , but the only thing that came to mind is - although I know what you mean with _falling back_ - that there is nothing like that even though a chakra might close again. But then this closing gives new input for new realizations and new experiences and in a broader view something like going backwards in ones spiritual development is not possible - although it may seem like that in this space/time reality, but if this seems to happen I think its important to not judge and accept it and know it happens for a reasons.. 

That is very well said.  Sometimes a few steps backwards could be a prelude to several steps forward.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spotless said:

The idea of wanting all the chakras OPEN is actually unhealthy in the way it is most frequently understood:

Thanks for sharing.  Though I would disagree with some of the things you stated.  Wanting anything can be unhealthy, not just chakra openings.  All 7 bodily chakras need to be open inorder for certain transformation to happen.  Knowing the layout and what happens can be helpful. When I say open, it just means open and functioning to a certain degree.  There is always possibly for infinite growth in all areas.  To me, the opening of a chakra means, that part was inactive and blocked with obstructions to a large extent before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, s1va said:

Thanks for sharing.  Though I would disagree with some of the things you stated.  Wanting anything can be unhealthy, not just chakra openings.  All 7 bodily chakras need to be open inorder for certain transformation to happen.  Knowing the layout and what happens can be helpful. When I say open, it just means open and functioning to a certain degree.  There is always possibly for infinite growth in all areas.  To me, the opening of a chakra means, that part was inactive and blocked with obstructions to a large extent before.

When you can see them - as I do - you will see that they are all to a certain degree working in everyone - particularly if you mean "just open and functioning to a certain degree". And in complex cultures and progressive areas the degree to which they are "just open and functioning to a certain degree" is very considerable - though obviously not always the case.

What you are reading about implies a greater opening than "just open and functioning to a certain degree" and is very different and could be stated as "a radical opening" of a chakra and this is very different and far more a factor of the very things I mentioned above - spiritual maturity / neutrality / strengthened energy channels and the like.

If you are alive - your basic chakras are all "just open and functioning to a certain degree".

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Spotless said:

When you can see them - as I do - you will see that they are all to a certain degree working in everyone - particularly if you mean "just open and functioning to a certain degree".

If you are alive - your basic chakras are all "just open and functioning to a certain degree".

It's the same with the MCO right? It's said "opening the MCO" but perhaps starting to feel the MCO would be more accurate?

Incredible that you can see them, do they all have different colors as they are usually depicted?

1 minute ago, KuroShiro said:

It's the same with the MCO right? It's said "opening the MCO" but perhaps starting to feel the MCO would be more accurate?

Incredible that you can see them, do they all have different colors as they are usually depicted?

It is somewhat the same - certainly energy runs up and down the ren and du but WOW what a difference when it Opens!

However the chakras have many many things going on in each of them that are not generally known - these function in most people just fine on a great many subtle levels.

The base colors are generally in a healthy person clearish crystaline brillinant and they change. Often large portions are somewhat muddled and or cloudy. By base I mean the essence of the energy. There are large variations in all of this and it depends on from what perspective you are looking at in many ways and also the clarity / neutrality of how you are seeing.

Leadbeater once had some color plates done that were very well done. Some videos are now excellent as well.

• Like 1

To put it simply an optimistic  attitude opens up chakras because each chakra correspond to a certain virtue and the opposite happens when a person is negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/4/2018 at 10:08 AM, SirYuri said:

To put it simply an optimistic  attitude opens up chakras because each chakra correspond to a certain virtue and the opposite happens when a person is negative.

This may sound overly simplistic but in actuality it is generally true.

Optimism is a relatively unguarded unconstricted vibration and typically it is set upon virtue, beginners mind and relative balance.

What is generally termed negative is generally constriction on some level and dissipation.

5 minutes ago, Spotless said:

This may sound overly simplistic but in actuality it is generally true.

Optimism is a relatively unguarded unconstricted vibration and typically it is set upon virtue, beginners mind and relative balance.

What is generally termed negative is generally constriction on some level and dissipation.

Thanks I used to do visualization and physical exercises too to keep my chakras in perfect balance but then a master told me that is just a beginners way to balancing your chakras because remember your mental body or mind is connected to all of your chakras meaning when your mind is in perfect balance your chakras are too.

Edited by SirYuri
  • Thanks 1

Chakras are basically always open to a degree - though in some the light can be quite dim but this is more commonly a regional trait of a population with wide variations within that culture.

Over all the more complex an environment the more the general population is exercised in all of the chakras - also the repressive areas are less vibrant and more rural areas have interesting distinctions.

Chakras are not rewards for good behavior - they are much like other physical assets - they come with the equipment and if used prosper and grow and expand and if not used much they do their work just fine without our help but may do little by comparison to what they are capable of.

It is not upon virtue that we are able to swallow and it is not upon virtue that we can sense a very great deal with the vast array of  capabilities from our many chakras and chakrams. Within each chakra are many levels - they can have unimaginable depth. If you begin to think you know of chakras you have just scratched the surface - a thousand volumes would only say a fraction of what just one is capable of.

This idea that they are not open at all and must be opened is like saying we need to open the arteries to our heart or the air passages to our lungs. 

Good basic practice in all traditions opens and strengthens all the energetic systems and pathways - focusing on and manipulating specific parts in general is far less helpful and often detrimental and nearly always the long route.

It may also be noted that one can "fully Open" a chakras so many times that at some point hopefully you will drop the ideas and ridgidized personality that keeps wanting to peg something and put it on the shelf - the depth to which one can "fully open" is a depth that has no limit.

Edited by Spotless
  • Thanks 4