Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Frequency- Split from Is non-duality actually a fundamental truth, or just another philosophy? 

4 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

What does this have to do with Klein Bottles, Mobius' Strip, 5th dimention, 720 degree spin, or any of the quantum theory information you posted?

dirac-dance.gif

What is called the Dirac Dance (720 degree 1/2 quanta spin of electron) is actually relativistic quantum physics as nonwestern shamanic Nondualism.

This representation only works for the (more fundamental) 1/2-integral representations (i.e. spinors/turns/quaternions) but also lets one build the vector and tensor representations. The converse does not hold....this property of "noncommutivity" in itself might be valuable in some way.

My claim, and original idea, has been that this is circumnavigating a T'ai Chi (Yin/Yang) symbol! More recently (Oshins, 1993b) I have suggested that this proximate technique can be used to realize Wing Chun kung-fu's "bong sau/tan sau" movement out of the Kauffman/Oshins "quaternionic arm" discussed and referenced below in end note 5.

I believe that this may be a way to get mind to code the relative relationship of part of oneself with respect to the rest of oneself (self-referential motion) and can explain the concepts of being "centered"/"one"/"integrated"/"extended"/"whole" etc. which one strives for in meditation.

Oshins, E. (1993). A Test for Classical Psychospinors. (pdf) In Abdullah, F. (Ed.) Conservation and Invariance. Cambridge, UK: Alternative Natural Philosophy Association, London England.

So the 720 degrees is to bring it back to "symmetry" - but since it's 1/2 spin - that means at 360 degrees it is "time-frequency uncertainty" that is nonlocality - it's in two places at the same time.

So this time-frequency uncertainty of 1/2 spin can not be "visualized" by Western science - (except using Weak measurements - which is a new technique studying the double split experiment)....

Why? Because it is "noncommutative phase" - meaning the ORDER of the math changes value depending on which variable is measured first. So the scientist is "part" of the experiment.

blochwall.png

So you have the complementary opposites being "entangled" at the same time through the 5th dimension.

"It is important to note...pump amplitude is a complex number containing the relative phase of the pump field....The sign of the coupling constant for retrieval must be the opposite of the sign for storage in order to cancel the phase accumulation during the pulses....The [time-frequency] pulse swaps the state halfway so that they become maximally entangled....oscillates around the horizontal plane of the Bloch sphere."

Figure51.png

Swapping at the half way point of spin 1/2 means the 5th dimension that can not be visualized but is quantum entangled as noncommutative phase

since a standing wave can be regarded as a superposition of two oppositely-traveling waves of equal amplitude, the expected number of photons is twice the number of energy multiples of hv....based on the relativistic Doppler effect. [noncommutative phase as scalar]...a trajectory that reverses in ordinary time may be interpreted as giving rise to pair creation and destruction events.

David C. Lush Composite Photon Energy-Frequency Relation based on de Broglie's Law of Phase Harmony

8 hours ago, 3bob said:

That is all very cool voidisyinyangmaybe it should be in a document or study form?

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-blue-light-of-blues-music-ii.html

Most of the images are from that link.

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/01/summarizing-de-broglie-pilot-wave-law.html

This is quotes from physicists on the implications of this secret.

77 different sources summarizing the de Broglie Law of Phase Harmony and Spirituality

• Thanks 1

The Alain Connes lecture explains the music theory connection to nondualism. I figured this out on my own - first in high school as intuition. But I had to work out the logic - by "unlearning" the Western symmetric math mind control lies. Here is an extended excerpt from the lecture.

What is a parameter? The parameter is time...If you stay in the classical world, you can not have a good set up for variables. Because variables with a continuous range can not coexist with variables of discrete range. When you think more, you find out there is a perfect answer. And this answer is coming from quantum mechanics....The real variability in the world is exactly is where are you in the spectrum [frequency] of this variable or operator. And what is quite amazing is that in this work that I did at the very beginning of my mathematical studies, the amazing fact is that exactly time is emerging from the noncommutivity. You think that these variables do not commute, first of all it is that they don't commute so you can have the discrete variable that coexists with the continuous variable. What you find out after awhile is that the origin of time is probably quantum mechanical and its coming from the fact that thanks to noncommutativity ONLY that one can write the time evolution of a system, in temperature, in heat bath, the time evolution is really coming from the noncommutativity of the variables....You really are in a different world, then the world of geometry, which we all like because we all like to draw pictures and think in a geometric manner. So what I am going to explain is a very strange way to think about geometry, from this point of view, which is quite different from drawing on the blackboard...I will start by asking an extremely simple question, which of course has a geometrical origin. I don't think there can be a simpler question. Where are we?....The mathematical question, what we want, to say where we are and this has two parts: What is our universe? What is the geometric space in which we are? And in which point in this universe we are. We can not answer the 2nd question without answering the first question, of course....You have to be able to tell the geometric space in an invariant manner....These invariants are refinements of the idea of the diameter. The inverse of the diameter of the space is related to the first Eigenoperator, capturing the vibrations of the space; the way you can hear the music of shapes...which would be its scale in the musical sense; this shape will have a certain number of notes, these notes will be given by the frequency and form the basic scale, at which the geometric object is vibrating....The scale of a geometric shape is actually not enough.... However what emerges, if you know not only the various frequencies but also the chords, and the point will correspond to the chords. Then you know the complete thing....It's a rather delicate thing....There is a very strange mathematical fact...If you take manifolds of the same dimension, which are extremely different...the inverse space of the spinor doesn't distinguish between two manifolds. The Dirac Operator itself has a scale, so it's a spectrum [frequency]. And the only thing you need to know...is the relative position of the algebra...the Eigenfunctions of the Dirac Operator....a "universal scaling system," manifests itself in acoustic systems....There is something even simpler which is what happens with a single string. If we take the most elementary shape, which is the interval, what will happen when we make it vibrate, of course with the end points fixed, it will vibrate in a very extremely simple manner. Each of these will produce a sound...When you look at the eigenfunctions of the disk, at first you don't see a shape but when you look at very higher frequencies you see a parabola. If you want the dimension of the shape you are looking at, it is by the growth of these eigenvariables. When talking about a string it's a straight line. When looking at a two dimensional object you can tell that because the eigenspectrum is a parabola.... They are isospectral [frequency with the same area], even though they are geometrically different....when you take the square root of these numbers, they are the same [frequency] spectrum but they don't have the same chords. There are three types of notes which are different....What do I mean by possible chords? I mean now that you have eigenfunctions, coming from the drawing of the disk or square [triangle, etc.]. If you look at a point and you look at the eigenfunction, you can look at the value of the eigenfunction at this point.... The point [zero in space] makes a chord between two notes. When the value of the two eigenfunctions [2, 3, infinity] will be non-zero. ...The corresponding eigenfunctions only leave you one of the two pieces; so if there is is one in the piece, it is zero on the other piece and if it is non-zero in the piece it is zero there...You understand the finite invariant which is behind the scenes which is allowing you to recover the geometry from the spectrum....Our notion of point will emerge, a correlation of different frequencies...The space will be given by the scale. The music of the space will be done by the various chords. It's not enough to give the scale. You also have to give which chords are possible....The only thing that matters when you have these sequences are the ratios, the ear is only sensitive to the ratio, not to the additivity...multiplication by 2 of the frequency and transposition, normally the simplest way is multiplication by 3...2 to the power of 19 is almost 3 to the power of 12....You see what we are after....it should be a shape, it's spectrum looks like that...We can draw this spectrum...what do you get? It doesn't look at all like a parabola! It doesn't look at all like a parabola! It doesn't look at all like a straight line. It goes up exponentially fast...What is the dimension of this space?...It's much much smaller. It's zero...It's smaller than any positive.... Musical shape has geometric dimension zero... You think you are in bad shape because all the shapes we know ...but this is ignoring the noncommutative work. This is ignoring quantum groups. There is a beautiful answer to that, which is the quantum sphere... .There is a quantum sphere with a geometric dimension of zero...I have made a keyboard [from the quantum sphere]....This would be a musical instrument that would never get out of tune....It's purely spectral....The spectrum of the Dirac Operator...space is not simply a manifold but multiplied by a noncommutative finite space......It is precisely the irrationality of log(3)/ log(2) which is responsible for the noncommutative [complementary opposites as yin/yang] nature of the quotient corresponding to the three places {2, 3,∞}.  The formula is in sub-space....Geometry would no longer be dependent on coordinates, it would be spectral...The thing which is very unpleasant in this formula is the square root...especially for space with a meter....So there is a solution to this problem of the square root, which was found by Paul Dirac....It's not really Paul Dirac, it is Hamilton who found it first...the quaternions is the Dirac Operator....Replace the geometric space, by the algebra and the line element...for physicists this thing has a meaning, a propagator for the Dirac Operator. So it's the inverse of the Dirac Operator.... You don't lose anything. You can recover the distance from two points, in a different manner....but by sending a wave from point A to point B with a constraint on the vibration of the wave, can not vibrate faster than 1; because what I ask is the commutator of the Dirac Operator is less than 1...It no longer requires that the space is connected, it works for discrete space. It no longer requires that the space is commutative, because it works for noncommutative space....the algebra of coordinates depends very little on the actual structure and the line element is very important. What's really important is there interaction [the noncommutative chord]. When you let them interact in the same space then everything happens....You should never think of this finite space as being a commutative space. You have matrices which are given by a noncommutative space...To have a geometry you need to have an inverse space and a Dirac Operator...The inverse space of the finite space is 5 dimensional....What emerges is finite space...it's related to mathematics and related to the fact that there is behind the scene, when I talk about the Dirac Operator, there is a square root, and this square root, when you take a square root there is an ambiguity. And the ambiguity that is there is coming from the spin structure.... We get this formula by counting the number of the variables of the line element that are bigger than the Planck Length. We just count and get an integer....  There is a fine structure in spacetime, exactly as there is a fine structure in spectrals [frequencies]....Geometry is born in quantum space; it is invariant because it is observer dependent....Our brain is an incredible ...perceives things in momentum space of the photons we receive and manufactures a mental picture. Which is geometric. But what I am telling you is that I think ...that the fundamental thing is spectral [frequency]....And somehow in order to think we have to do this enormous Fourier Transform...not for functions but a Fourier Transform on geometry. By talking about the "music of shapes" is really a fourier transform of shape and the fact that we have to do it in reverse. This is a function that the brain does amazingly well, because we think geometrically....The quantum observables do no commute; the phase space of a microscopic system is actually a noncommutative space and that is what is behind the scenes all the time. They way I understand it is that some physical laws are so robust, is that if I understand it correctly, there is a marvelous mathematical structure that is underneath the law, not a value of a number, but a mathematical structure....A fascinating aspect of music...is that it allows one to develop further one's perception of the passing of time. This needs to be understood much better. Why is time passing? Or better: Why do we have the impression that time is passes? Because we are immersed in the heat bath of the 3K radiation from the Big Bang?...time emerges from noncommutativity....What about the relation with music? One finds quickly that music is best based on the scale (spectrum) which consists of all positive integer powers qn for the real number q=2 to the 12th∼3 to the 19th. Due to the exponential growth of this spectrum, it cannot correspond to a familiar shape but to an object of dimension less than any strictly positive number. As explained in the talk, there is a beautiful space which has the correct spectrum: the quantum sphere of Poddles, Dabrowski, Sitarz, Brain, Landi et all. ...  We experiment in the talk with this spectrum and show how well suited it is for playing music. The new geometry  which encodes such new spaces, is then introduced in its spectral form, it is noncommutative geometry, which is then confronted with physics.

Fields Medal math professor Alain Connes,

What is a parameter? The parameter is time...If you stay in the classical world, you can not have a good set up for variables. Because variables with a continuous range can not coexist with variables of discrete range. When you think more, you find out there is a perfect answer. And this answer is coming from quantum mechanics....

The real variability in the world is exactly is where are you in the spectrum [frequency] of this variable or operator. And what is quite amazing is that in this work that I did at the very beginning of my mathematical studies, the amazing fact is that exactly time is emerging from the noncommutivity. You think that these variables do not commute, first of all it is that they don't commute so you can have the discrete variable that coexists with the continuous variable. What you find out after awhile is that the origin of time is probably quantum mechanical and its coming from the fact that thanks to noncommutativity ONLY that one can write the time evolution of a system, in temperature, in heat bath, the time evolution is really coming from the noncommutativity of the variables....

You really are in a different world, then the world of geometry, which we all like because we all like to draw pictures and think in a geometric manner. So what I am going to explain is a very strange way to think about geometry, from this point of view, which is quite different from drawing on the blackboard...I will start by asking an extremely simple question, which of course has a geometrical origin. I don't think there can be a simpler question. Where are we?....

The mathematical question, what we want, to say where we are and this has two parts: What is our universe? What is the geometric space in which we are? And in which point in this universe we are. We can not answer the 2nd question without answering the first question, of course....You have to be able to tell the geometric space in an invariant manner....These invariants are refinements of the idea of the diameter. The inverse of the diameter of the space is related to the first Eigenoperator, capturing the vibrations of the space; the way you can hear the music of shapes...which would be its scale in the musical sense; this shape will have a certain number of notes, these notes will be given by the frequency and form the basic scale, at which the geometric object is vibrating....The scale of a geometric shape is actually not enough....

However what emerges, if you know not only the various frequencies but also the chords, and the point will correspond to the chords. Then you know the complete thing....It's a rather delicate thing....There is a very strange mathematical fact...If you take manifolds of the same dimension, which are extremely different...the inverse space of the spinor doesn't distinguish between two manifolds. The Dirac Operator itself has a scale, so it's a spectrum [frequency]. And the only thing you need to know...is the relative position of the algebra...the Eigenfunctions of the Dirac Operator....a "universal scaling system," manifests itself in acoustic systems....There is something even simpler which is what happens with a single string. If we take the most elementary shape, which is the interval, what will happen when we make it vibrate, of course with the end points fixed, it will vibrate in a very extremely simple manner. Each of these will produce a sound...

When you look at the eigenfunctions of the disk, at first you don't see a shape but when you look at very higher frequencies you see a parabola. If you want the dimension of the shape you are looking at, it is by the growth of these eigenvariables. When talking about a string it's a straight line. When looking at a two dimensional object you can tell that because the eigenspectrum is a parabola.... They are isospectral [frequency with the same area], even though they are geometrically different....when you take the square root of these numbers, they are the same [frequency] spectrum but they don't have the same chords. There are three types of notes which are different....

What do I mean by possible chords? I mean now that you have eigenfunctions, coming from the drawing of the disk or square [triangle, etc.]. If you look at a point and you look at the eigenfunction, you can look at the value of the eigenfunction at this point.... The point [zero in space] makes a chord between two notes. When the value of the two eigenfunctions [2, 3, infinity] will be non-zero. ...The corresponding eigenfunctions only leave you one of the two pieces; so if there is is one in the piece, it is zero on the other piece and if it is non-zero in the piece it is zero there...

You understand the finite invariant which is behind the scenes which is allowing you to recover the geometry from the spectrum....Our notion of point will emerge, a correlation of different frequencies...The space will be given by the scale. The music of the space will be done by the various chords. It's not enough to give the scale. You also have to give which chords are possible....

The only thing that matters when you have these sequences are the ratios, the ear is only sensitive to the ratio, not to the additivity...multiplication by 2 of the frequency and transposition, normally the simplest way is multiplication by 3...2 to the power of 19 is almost 3 to the power of 12....You see what we are after....it should be a shape, it's spectrum looks like that...We can draw this spectrum...what do you get? It doesn't look at all like a parabola! It doesn't look at all like a parabola! It doesn't look at all like a straight line. It goes up exponentially fast...What is the dimension of this space?...It's much much smaller. It's zero...It's smaller than any positive.... Musical shape has geometric dimension zero...

You think you are in bad shape because all the shapes we know ...but this is ignoring the noncommutative work. This is ignoring quantum groups. There is a beautiful answer to that, which is the quantum sphere... .There is a quantum sphere with a geometric dimension of zero...I have made a keyboard [from the quantum sphere]....This would be a musical instrument that would never get out of tune....It's purely spectral [frequency]....The spectrum of the Dirac Operator...space is not simply a manifold but multiplied by a noncommutative finite space......It is precisely the irrationality of log(3)/ log(2) which is responsible for the noncommutative [complementary opposites as yin/yang] nature of the quotient corresponding to the three places {2, 3,∞}.  The formula is in sub-space....

Geometry would no longer be dependent on coordinates, it would be spectral...The thing which is very unpleasant in this formula is the square root...especially for space with a meter....So there is a solution to this problem of the square root, which was found by Paul Dirac....It's not really Paul Dirac, it is Hamilton who found it first...the quaternions is the Dirac Operator....Replace the geometric space, by the algebra and the line element...for physicists this thing has a meaning, a propagator for the Dirac Operator. So it's the inverse of the Dirac Operator....

You don't lose anything. You can recover the distance from two points, in a different manner....but by sending a wave from point A to point B with a constraint on the vibration of the wave, can not vibrate faster than 1; because what I ask is the commutator of the Dirac Operator is less than 1...It no longer requires that the space is connected, it works for discrete space. It no longer requires that the space is commutative, because it works for noncommutative space....

the algebra of coordinates depends very little on the actual structure and the line element is very important. What's really important is there interaction [the noncommutative chord]. When you let them interact in the same space then everything happens....You should never think of this finite space as being a commutative space. You have matrices which are given by a noncommutative space...To have a geometry you need to have an inverse space and a Dirac Operator...

The inverse space of the finite space is 5 dimensional....What emerges is finite space...it's related to mathematics and related to the fact that there is behind the scene, when I talk about the Dirac Operator, there is a square root, and this square root, when you take a square root there is an ambiguity. And the ambiguity that is there is coming from the spin structure.... We get this formula by counting the number of the variables of the line element that are bigger than the Planck Length. We just count and get an integer....  There is a fine structure in spacetime, exactly as there is a fine structure in spectrals [frequencies]....

Geometry is born in quantum space; it is invariant because it is observer dependent....Our brain is an incredible ...perceives things in momentum space of the photons we receive and manufactures a mental picture. Which is geometric. But what I am telling you is that I think ...that the fundamental thing is spectral [frequency]....And somehow in order to think we have to do this enormous Fourier Transform...not for functions but a Fourier Transform on geometry. By talking about the "music of shapes" is really a fourier transform of shape and the fact that we have to do it in reverse. This is a function that the brain does amazingly well, because we think geometrically....

The quantum observables do no commute; the phase space of a microscopic system is actually a noncommutative space and that is what is behind the scenes all the time. They way I understand it is that some physical laws are so robust, is that if I understand it correctly, there is a marvelous mathematical structure that is underneath the law, not a value of a number, but a mathematical structure....

A fascinating aspect of music...is that it allows one to develop further one's perception of the passing of time. This needs to be understood much better. Why is time passing? Or better: Why do we have the impression that time is passes? Because we are immersed in the heat bath of the 3K radiation from the Big Bang?...time emerges from noncommutativity....

What about the relation with music? One finds quickly that music is best based on the scale (spectrum) which consists of all positive integer powers qn for the real number q=2 to the 12th∼3 to the 19th. Due to the exponential growth of this spectrum, it cannot correspond to a familiar shape but to an object of dimension less than any strictly positive number. As explained in the talk, there is a beautiful space which has the correct spectrum: the quantum sphere of Poddles, Dabrowski, Sitarz, Brain, Landi et all. ...  We experiment in the talk with this spectrum and show how well suited it is for playing music. The new geometry  which encodes such new spaces, is then introduced in its spectral form, it is noncommutative geometry, which is then confronted with physics. 

Fields Medal math professor Alain Connes,

How can it be that a quote from Alain Connes reads like complete nonsense? Well I looked at the beginning of the posted video and quickly noticed that the quote misses a huge amount of text (where we read .... ). So the quote is actually made incomprehensible  by ViYY in the same way as the texts of ViYY himself are incomprehensible. Now this last thing has been mentioned many times over by other Bums also. So apparently ViYY doesn't want to be understood. Why that is so I can only guess....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wandelaar said:

yes getting a "Fields Medal" in math is more difficult than getting a Nobel Prize. So how is it that ONLY Alain Connes has recognized that music theory is actually noncommutative phase?

Because variables with a continuous range can not coexist with variables of discrete range. When you think more, you find out there is a perfect answer. And this answer is coming from quantum mechanics.... first of all it is that they don't commute so you can have the discrete variable that coexists with the continuous variable.

This is because Western mass mind control is actually "symmetric" mathematics from the wrong music theory! Nonwestern music theory is noncommutative phase! This is what math professor Luigi Borzacchini calls "deep pre-established disharmony" that "guides the evolutive principle" of Western science.

The 'demusicalization' of the theory of proportions by Plato is shocking....If we consider the likely Pythagorean and Philolaic origin of the Timeus this 'removal' seems really astonishing!....Why these silences? And why this sudden and radical change? Why the Pythagoreans' silence? The "secret of the sect"? ....all the more because a purely negative result (speaking about "something which is not") had to fall under the blows of the negative judgement paradox. Such paradox forbade speaking about what is not....But a statement about what is not is about nothing and hence impossible....The refusal of speaking of "what is not" ...was the reason why musical incommensurability fell into oblivion...."However, I think I can prove that in the Platonic Academy there was a trace of this earlier approach, with a tight connection between music, numerical means and similarity, and without any reference to geometric figures, such as square or pentagon." .....Continuum is not only inexpressible, but also external to the knowledge of reality....We can suppose that the Quadrivium in its earlier Pythagorean version did not know any discrete/continuous opposition....These remarks raise the question of the difference between the ancient Pythagorean ‘musical’ perception as displayed in the Pythagorean idea of ‘linear number’ in Boethius [Philolaus] or in Nicomachus, and the modern ‘geometrical’ perception of the linear numerical magnitudes.   The Epinomis, authored by the Plato student Philippus of Opus, a member of the Academy, approximately contemporary of Aristotle and Eudoxus:  Quote Thus the first <analogy> [proportion] is of the double in point of number, passing from one to two in order of counting, and that which is according to power is double; that which passes to the solid and tangible is likewise again double, having proceeded from one to eight; but that of the double has a mean, as much more than the less as it is less than the greater, while its other mean exceeds and is exceeded by the same portion of the extremes themselves. Between six and twelve comes the whole-and-a-half (9=6+3) and whole-and-a-third (8=6+2):

Math Professor Emeritus Luigi Borzacchini (origin of above 9th Century Boethius image from Philolaus (5th century BCE))

http://www.academia.edu/16496242/Incommensurability_Music_and_Continuum_a_cognitive_approach._Arch._For_History_of_Exact_Sciences_61_2007_273-302._http_dx.doi.org_10.1007_s00407-007-0125-0

000.png&key=88c88d36ad45effbefa1434634be

So here is an image of the Pythagorean Tetrad as noncommutative phase - so by changing the "direction" of the Perfect Fifth as 2/3 then the geometry is changed from C to G as 3/2 and C to F as 2/3. These Perfect Fifths do no line up with the Octave since 2 does not go into 3 - and so this noncommutative phase empirical truth of reality was covered up by Western math, in order to try to "contain" infinity as geometry! The truth is infinity as time as the 5th dimension. This is what Alain Connes has rediscovered. So the order of the Perfect Fifth and Octave then changes the value. This is why Alain Connes states the ratios in both order - 2 to the 19th AND 2 to the 12th and 3 to the 19th AND 3 to the 12th. To quote the above article, that also, rarely, acknowledges this noncommutative phase truth of music theory as math:

This musical property is the counterpart of the principle mathematical characteristic of the Pythagorean diatonic, very Pythagorean indeed, constituted by the fact that each interval of the scale is expressed by the ratios of type 2 to the m divided by 3 to the n OR 3 to the m divided by 2 to the n. 

Epimoric Ratios and Greek Musical Theory  by Fabio Bellissima, in Language, Quantum, Music  Editors: Dalla Chiara, Maria Luisa, Giuntini, Roberto, Laudisa, Federico (Eds.)  https://www.springer.com/la/book/9780792357278

And so in fact music theory is the origin of the WRONG "symmetric" Western math that is mass mind control - and only Alain Connes has figured out this truth about noncommutative phase - as well as Eddie Oshins realizing noncommutative phase explains nonwestern shamanic meditation - Neigong in particular.

"On the other hand, the ancient Pythagorean musical scales naturally lead to a simple quantum circle....There is something profoundly quantum in all music. A discrete space–the skeleton hosting any musical score, morphs into a true musical form, only after being symbiotically enveloped by a geometry of sound. And this geometry is inherently quantum, as it connects the points of the discrete underlying structure, invalidating the difference between now, then, here and there; thus creating an irreducible continuum for a piece of music: continuous discreteness and discrete continuity."

Durdevich, Micho Institute of Mathematics, UNAM (Mexico City) “Music of Quantum Circles” 10/2015

So this mathematician is also referring to noncommutative phase of music theory as being quantum.

Edited by voidisyinyang

3 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I wrote the below article 10 years ago - and it's based on Alain Connes music math research although I had just started to read Connes, so I don't reference him in particular. https://www.mind-energy.net/archives/283-Gurdjieff-and-the-Triode-Amplifier.html

drew hempel on April 12, 2008 at 6:01 pm

This should get translated into Spanish by another reader of my stuff who has a blog.

MAGIC OF THE SENSES: THE HEMPEL EFFECT

by drew hempel, MA (anti-copyright)

People think I’m a writer but I’m a musician at heart. Also I’m not trying to “hook” anyone and I’m totally against the concept of a Western music melody “hook,” a concept which is transferred to writing. The Western “hook” is the commodity fetish. I posted on Brainsturbator that he does not understand my views yet — even though he’s posted my writing and has called me his “internet buddy.” This is sad. My views are very radical. The West is obsessed with tools — and the whole shamanic drug scene is not alchemy based on nonwestern music. Alchemy requires creating electromagnetic fields through resonance.

So the qigong master I studied with eats only one small meal of veggies a day and fasts one day a week and he sleeps only 4 hours a night, while creating “holographic lasers” (Western term) that burn the middle of peoples’ brains — all over the world. The person I took classes from, qigong master Chunyi Lin, http://springforestqigong.com, heals people, after the Mayo Clinic, the top hospital in the world, can not heal them. Drugs are basically nothing to him (another student stated that Master Lin had to alchemize a deadly poison as part of his qigong training). All the conceptualizing by Western druggie-techno shamanic types is practically a total joke. The philosophy that I write about is VERY radical — and undermines even the concepts of “frequency” and “amplitude” — so it has practically nothing to do with “biophotons” or “archetypes” — etc. Obviously I may write about that stuff but the basic premise of my analysis argues that number is inherently resonating as complementary opposites:

One plus one does not equal two.

The most important and central point of quantum physicist Dr. Amit Goswami is that consciousness is phase, beyond time and space. So electrons, when entangled, are actually resonating from consciousness phase into spacetime to create “constructive interference” waves. It’s through something we can not measure. No tool resonates consciousness, not even a drug.

Let’s put this back into music theory — where “phase-shift” and “amplitude” and “frequency” come from. I was chatting with my coworker recently about these issues — specifically how in Pythagorean harmonics C:G is 2:3 (yang or male) while G:C is 3:4 (yin or female) and C x G is 6 while G x C is 12. Normally the inversion would be the same value, as per the commutative principle, A X B = B X A, but instead it’s twice the value.

There’s another way to analyze this difference, instead of the introduction of amplitude using commutative property based square numbers, whereby doubling the octave as frequency is turned into squaring the octave (two having the same value for doubling and squaring) — this difference can also be understood as phase-shift.

INTRODUCING THE HEMPEL EFFECT

As biophysicist Vitus B. Droscher states in his book, “Magic of the Senses:”

“Let us draw up a fundamental vibration with its first and second harmonic overtones [2:3 and 3:4]. As Figure 68 shows, if we then shift the phase relationship, we get a totally different course of the combined curve; that is, of the pressure course [amplitude and frequency] which is apparently effective in the final analysis. When looking at both curves, one might suppose that in the two cases we should hear two sounds that are just as different. But in fact our ear does not notice any difference.” (p. 168)

So in other words to create the second and third harmonics so that the second harmonic, 2:3, has the same value as the third harmonic, 3:4, the phase-shift is just inverted — or the sound wave just vibrates in reverse so that what was up is now down, what was a crest, is now a trough.

image1(4).JPG

Droscher sums it up:

“In theory we had best imagine it like this: somewhere in the ear there are ‘strings’ as in a piano. When the vibrations of Figure 68 hit these, then in every case the same three ‘keys are struck’: the fundamental tone, the first harmonic, and the second harmonic.” (p. 169)

But we can see that when we play C to G, as 2:3, on the piano, inverting G to C as 3:4 is not visually correct (2:3 plus 3:4 is more than 1). Yet clearly the first harmonic, 1:2, C to the octave C, is half of the third harmonic, G to C, 3:4, so that the reverse of the phase causes the second harmonic to sound like the third harmonic, transforming 2:3, C to G, into 3:4, G to C. Most importantly, when this conversion of phase as complementary opposites (2:3 is yang and 3:4 is yin) is put back into standard measurement of amplitude and frequency, the values are wrong, as Droscher demonstrates with his Fourier graphs.

Almost everyone has heard about the Doppler Effect. The speed of the sound is the same but the frequency “appears” to increase because the pressure is increased for the listener — the waves bunch up. It happens when a plane flys towards you or a train comes at you. So, in fact, it’s a change in amplitude (strength of sound measured as change of time distance or velocity) instead of change in frequency (speed or time as distance) even though it sounds like a change in frequency.

This same Doppler Effect when used for light is called a “shift” as in phase-shift — so there’s a blue-shift or red-shift in light. But technically the Doppler Effect is not a change in phase, because, again, the speed does not change, it gets compressed as time distance or amplitude. There is much confusion and debate in astronomy about whether a phase-shift of light is caused by change of amplitude as velocity or in contrast a phase-shift of light is caused by change of speed as phase (a change in the actual gravity wave as spacetime). Einstein was inspired by the Doppler Effect to state that the speed of light does not change but also gets compressed, like sound, so that for light, time as frequency appears to go faster while space gets bunched up.

O.K. now back to the other ear perceptual illusion that Drosher identifies — in this case the amplitude does change (the strength or distance velocity of the sound wave) but instead it is caused by phase-shift — not the frequency or harmonic, but the actual change in time distance. So we get the measured change in amplitude (strength as change in distance) due to the constructive and destructive interference resonance from phase-shift (time as distance), but the frequency (pure number as harmonic ratio) has not changed.

We are told that the visual measurement is correct — that indeed because of the change in time as distance (phase-shift speed), there is indeed a real change in amplitude (strength as velocity) even though the ear does not perceive this change.

So in the first case, the Doppler Effect, the speed as phase (time as distance) does not change, but amplitude (distance velocity as strength) does change with the perceptual illusion that frequency (time as pure number or harmonic) changes.

In the second case the speed (time as distance) as phase does change, but frequency (time as harmonic) does not change with the perceptual illusion that amplitude (strength as distance) does not change. The ear hears no difference in the phase shift (time as distance) of the fundamental, second and third harmonic, even though the visual time as distance measurement shows a change in amplitude.

Let’s call this second case of perceptual “illusion,” the Hempel Effect.

The Hempel Effect is primary to and even more important than the Doppler Effect. In actuality the Hempel Effect shows that the problem is not with the ear but with measuring time, or phase speed, as distance. Remember the central point of quantum physicist Dr. Amit Goswami — phase is consciousness (not time) which can not be measured.

For example, the holographic physicist Dennis Gabor dubbed this paradox of amplitude and frequency inversions, the “Time-Frequency Uncertainty Principle” (primary to even the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle). This “time-frequency uncertainty principle” inherently limits the ability for science to model how the brain actually perceives sound — or any other perception for that matter. But Gabor was still relying on measuring time as distance, so that the higher the frequency (phase speed), the more the amplitude was spread across the energy spectrum, creating a “divide and average” uncertainty. What I’m saying is more radical — I’m stating that number itself resonates as harmonic complementary opposites (not divide and average), without a reference to speed, without the need for time as distance, so that the wave-form of complementary opposites creates the whole energy spectrum, just by practicing the harmonics — alchemy.

THE INFINITE SPIRAL OF FIFTHS WHICH CAN NOT BE SEEN

So let’s return to the Doppler Effect — the bunching up of time as distance strength (amplitude) to create the illusion of change in frequency (time as distance). When amplitude (time as distance strength) is compressed usually there is a shock wave which then resonates in reverse to cancel out the first sound wave amplitude. This has been considered to be the standard for sound waves — as the sound wave spreads as time distance the amplitude decreases, even though the frequency speed is the same. But, as I’ve posted recently at http://mind-energy.net, it’s now been proven with the new “macrosonic” technology that thermoacoustics enables an almost unlimited level of sound amplitude, if the “phase” or time as distance is in the geometry (spacetime) of a cone, or full-lotus tetrahedron of complementary opposites.

The opposite contradiction to the typical measure of frequency and amplitude occurs with sonoluminescence — the creation of light from sound. In this case the speed (time as distance) of sound changes because of the change in the wave pressure medium (gas or water) creating “cavitation” — a bubble — also called vaporization. As the continued “amplitude” of the sound compresses the time as distance, then the shock wave causes the bubble to collapse, making contact with the quantum vacuum. This quantum vacuum creates synchronized energy as light, literally with the temperature of the sun. Notice that temperature (heat as time distance amplitude of particles) is not the same as quantum energy intensity because of the reliance on pressure or resonance. That’s the magic of quantum vaporization — why people can walk on hot coals — why Bushmen trance dance shamans can hold onto burning wood, why Himalayan yogis can sit in full-lotus outside all winter long without any clothes on and without food.

It’s been documented that even some shrimp make this sonoluminescence and as I’ve posted at my blogbook, http://mothershiplanding.blogspot.com, the same synchronized pressure process is now argued for the creation of stars and galaxies — hypersonic turbulence.

The math for these phenomenon (the Doppler Effect and the Hempel Effect) is not unified — there are singularities between the statistics and logarithms. A proper understanding of sound as pure number harmonic — the “unknown quantity” of 2/3x, (the harmonic of the Perfect Fifth), whereby the 2/3x is C to F and F to C is 4/3x — is instead not a visual unknown quantity but a sound unknown quantity. We’re measuring (with pure number of logical inference) something we hear. The “spiral of fifths” does not line up with the geometry — the harmonics are not doubled as string lengths, but are halved as complementary opposite overtones whereby C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4. The Western “circle of fifths” harmonics is actually an infinite “spiral” of fifths in nonwestern music alchemy.

The energy spectrum is created through the fifth-fourth (yang-yin) inversions, as pure number harmonic of wave-form, regardless of whether we can hear it or not — without change of time as distance strength.

The Hempel Effect is not an “illusion.” The fact that we hear the fundamental, second and third harmonic (octave, fifth or yang and fourth or yin) as the same, regardless of the change in time as distance (phase) demonstrates that the comma of Pythagoras (the Tetrad, 1:2:3:4, as infinite spiral of fifth-fourth complementary opposites) should not be “averaged” into western tuning. The harmonics as octave, 1:2; fifth, 2:3 (yang); and fourth, 3:4 (yin) should be allowed (through nonwestern music) to continue resonating as the natural “push” and “pull” of the fourth-fifth to the octave (that doesn’t line up with a visual geometry). This practice in alchemy is the 12 “notes” of the body-mind instrument as the “small universe” scale or Taoist yoga practice called the microcosmic orbit. The Pythagorean Tetrad, 1:2:3:4 (octave, fifth, fourth), in three dimensions, is the full-lotus yoga position.

So back to that thermoacoustic — sonoluminescence mystery — how the full-lotus yoga position enables unlimited amplitude without the cancelling out reverse shock wave (macro sonics) but also how the sound vaporization bubble creates light within and outside of the body-mind.

The answer is the Klein Bottle — which in reality can not be visualized, regardless of its popularizers. The Klein Bottle — the ancient Oroborus — is also the Tai-chi symbol — it’s the three gunas of Indian philosophy, the Pythagorean Tetrad. It’s the same visual paradox (of amplitude, phase-shift and frequency) that Droscher publishes in his book and that I’ve now dubbed the Hempel Effect.

Edited by voidisyinyang

12 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

So the 720 degrees is to bring it back to "symmetry" - but since it's 1/2 spin - that means at 360 degrees it is "time-frequency uncertainty" that is nonlocality - it's in two places at the same time.

What is "it", and what is it being brought back to symmetry with?

16 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Quantum professor Basil J. Hiley, 2016: "Quantum Trajectories: Dirac, Moyal and Bohm"

I have corresponded with Professor Hiley about noncommutative time-frequency.

In many ways it seemed to be a new form of inner energy possessed by the particle, organising the flow lines in a novel way and suggesting a 'formative' cause rather than the traditional efficient cause.

....quantum phenomena emerged from a non-commutative phase space.

"There's no difference between physics and biology. Fundamentally. And then you can even be outrageous, well then maybe even the electron has a proto-consciousness. There's a thought!.... When we appreciate music, what we find there, directly is, not that we hear a series of notes; rather that we are actually getting involved in recreating the theme as it goes along. We are making the past active in the present and we are anticipating the future. Now it's in that tension that we directly encounter the implicit order...When you are sort of carried along without thinking of anything. When you become part of that. That is the nearest I can give you as becoming part of the implicit order. You don't separate it out, so we can experience it directly.... We can not analyze it....     In many ways it seemed to be a new form of inner energy possessed by the particle, organising the flow lines in a novel way and suggesting a 'formative' cause rather than the traditional efficient cause.      ....quantum phenomena emerged from a non-commutative phase space.... HILEY: "Subquantum medium" was in fact the way in which de Broglie and Jean-Pierre Vigier talk (he feels this medium is actually the reality). Here I recall the early discussions of the role of an ether for electro-magnetic phenomena. The conclusion was that we do not need an ether - the vacuum would do. What Einstein actually said was that we did not want to explain the electro-magnetic ether in terms of mechanical properties of a substance. I see that people now, forgetting Einstein's remarks, want to provide a MECHANISTIC subquantum medium; they want to keep Cartesian categories and that is wrong direction.  In quantum field theory there is the concept of vacuum. Normally people would say: Vacuum means that it is nothing there. But then you find that there are terms like "inequivalent vacuum states", vacuum fluctuates etc. What does it mean to have inequivalent nothingness? It is either nothingness or it is something. So, the idea is that the vacuum in fact is not empty. It maybe "full". We see these notions as vacuum polarisation in which virtual positron-electron pairs are created from the vacuum.  It looks as if the vacuum state is not empty, but that it is a medium of some kind. Einstein said: "I did not ban the 'quantum ether', but I do not want it to have mechanical properties." Now, if you remove the mechanical notion, then I see no harm in reintroducing the notion of the subquantum medium. But it has got to be a medium which is much subtler than a mechanical medium. Indeed, I believe, there is some deeper underlying process that we have not begun to understand yet. "

Quantum professor Basil J. Hiley, 2016: Quantum Trajectories: Dirac, Moyal and Bohm 

Hearing overcome uncertainty relation and measure duration of ultrashort pulses

M Majka, P Sobieszczyk, R Gębarowski… - Europhysics …, 2015 - europhysicsnews.org
Abstract The human hearing sense is an astonishingly effective signal processor. Recent
experiments [1, 2, 3] suggest that it is even capable of overcoming limitations implied by the  time-frequency uncertainty relation. The latter, mostly known from quantum mechanics, pdf link
To quote the pdf:
...a significant number of results concentrate around the frequency (F= 3 x f) i.e. that of the third harmonic. The signal, therefore, seems to be nonlinear processed (distorted) prior to reaching the heart of the detector, i.e. the basilar membrane of the cochlea....In any case, the ratio [F/f] is roughly constant in the region where the supposed third harmonic is generated and, at the same time, the pulse is too short to allow the fundamental frequency to be detected.
So time-frequency uncertainty originates from quantum nonlocality as noncommutative phase as the 5th dimension

the purely sinusoidal ones, called pure tones, are the closest counterparts of stationary quantum states....results concentrate around the frequency (3 x the root tonic F), i.e., that of the third harmonic. This signal seems to be nonlinearly processed (distorted) before it reaches the heart of the detector, ie, the basilar membrane of the cochlea.... The factor is roughly constant in the region where the supposed third harmonic is generated and, at the same time, the pulse is too short to allow the fundamental frequency to be detected. Noteworthy is that the "beating of the uncertainty principle," by more than a factor of ten, as reported in [2], concerns qualities essentially of a very different nature than the pulse's duration time. (pdf)

Let's see if I can find George Musser's quote about music - that I had posted. I know it's still online so I can cut and paste it, if necessary.

The farther apart the keys are on a piano keyboard, the farther apart they are within this imaginary dimension; a given distance along the keyboard translates into a given distance within the dimension. You don’t see this dimension as such; to you, it’s an abstraction that captures the acoustical independence of sound waves. But it’s a remarkably fitting abstraction. Musicians call the difference between pitches a musical “interval,” which has connotations of distance, as if our brains really do think of the differences between pitches as spatial separation. AdS/CFT duality takes this abstraction literally and suggests that one of the dimensions of the space we occupy represents the energy or, equivalently, the size of waves within the underlying system.
Something like that is happening for real in the AdS/CFT scenario. The universe looks three-dimensional, but could really be a two-dimensional canvas, and what we perceive as distance along the third dimension is ultimately a difference in scale.
Sound waves of different pitches can also behave like this. A Chinese gong begins rumbling at a low pitch and gradually vibrates at successively higher pitches. The necessity of propagating through scale explains why spatial locality holds in the emergent dimension. What happens in one place doesn’t jump to another without passing through the points in between.

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2017/08/does-george-musser-get-bj-hiley-yet.html

David invented a thing called “rheomode“–language in which we speak to each other in a flowing mode. There are some ancient languages which do this–Hopi Indian and some others. In his book Wholeness and the Implicate Order, you’ll find a chapter on language, in which he discusses this rheomode. It didn’t work, because we were still thinking of objects.
GM: How does this enter into quantum mechanics?
BH: In noncommutativity.

In other words it's not just all "process" which is the standard New Age nondualism monism answer.

Rather is it noncommutative process as complementary oppossites.

I actually corresponded with B.J. Hiley about this secret! He said, yes I know that time-frequency is noncommutative. So Hiley explains to Musser. http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/01/listening-to-5th-dimension-how.html
Edited by voidisyinyang

12 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

The "symmetry" is the logical ERROR of Western science.

"It" can not be "brought back" into symmetry due to time-frequency uncertainty.

See the Penrose image I posted above.

Full-text available · Chapter · Jan 2016

There are two major extraphysical directions in which non-commuting operations, the basis of complementarity, have been applied in the past 20 years. One of them refers to fertile new insights in psychology and cognitive science, due to which non-commutativity is a core feature of various kinds of decision-making processes. Meanwhile, there is a number of research groups worldwide who study these and other cognitive processes using quantum concepts. The other direction is closely related to a topic that interested Primas since his student days: the philosophical conjecture, developed by Pauli and C.G. Jung, that the mental and the physical are complementary aspects of one underlying reality that itself is psychophysically neutral. In his most recent work, Primas exploited this framework to explore the relation between mental and physical time.

So this researcher is very similar to what Eddie Oshins originally discovered in the 1970s - only Oshins realized it was the secret to Neigong alchemy training as well. It's from the same nonwestern music that is found in ALL human cultures (except the West tried to convert this to symmetric math).

Edited by voidisyinyang

So if you study the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality - it's all based on the principle of complementary opposites.

Tibetan medical doctor listening secret

The ear collect the spiraling energy from the cosmos, this energy gives life to man, and we see this vitality in the light which shines forth from our eyes. Tibetan medical doctor.

Qigong Master Shen Wu:

With his theories of “Music before Medicine” and “Music is also Medicine”, he has revealed the lost remedies of ancient Chinese music therapy and became the first person to introduce Five Tones Therapeutic Music to the modern world.  Over the last decade, Professor Wu spent a great deal of time studying ancient medical texts such as the “I-Ching—Five Tones and Eight Sounds”, “The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine – Five Tones and Five Major Organs” and “Twelve Scales and Twelve Meridians”. He has combined music melody with physiology to create a systematic and organized subject with a series of musical therapeutic methods. It contains a strong root in ancient philosophy and is differentiated from the Western method of seven scales. The Chinese "lǜ" tuning is closest to the ancient Greek tuning of Pythagoras.

https://www.swjoyoflife.com/master-shen-wu-and-the-song-of-five-tones/

Edited by voidisyinyang

36 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

28 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

In many ways it seemed to be a new form of inner energy possessed by the particle, organising the flow lines in a novel way and suggesting a 'formative' cause rather than the traditional efficient cause.

....quantum phenomena emerged from a non-commutative phase space.

Assuming I understand you, "it" is a form of "inner energy" brought about by "quantum phenomena" as it emerges from a "non-commutative phase space."

Is this the essence of what you are saying?

46 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Assuming I understand you, "it" is a form of "inner energy" brought about by "quantum phenomena" as it emerges from a "non-commutative phase space."

Is this the essence of what you are saying?

The quote from Hiley does not say that.  You twisted the wording around.

The "inner energy" IS the "noncommutative phase-space".

The "phenomena" is what is measured by normal Western science once the noncommutative time-frequency uncertainty is "converted" to symmetric math - aka the Poisson Bracket. This is what Dirac discovered - and so it's called the "Dirac Dance."

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/01/summarizing-de-broglie-pilot-wave-law.html

I have 77 quotes that describe this deep secret of noncommutative phase - it was first discovered by Louis de Broglie as the Law of Phase Harmony.

"Returning to the mass of the photon, it can be argued that this is a result of the non commutativity of spacetime at a micro scale."

Physics professor B.G. Sidharth who predicted the Dark Energy acceleration of the Universe.

To sum up, within this conception it is considered that even microsystems can be endowed with “internal states of consciousness” (or “protoconsciousness”, whatever this may be) that are elements of a basic, not publicly accessible, reality, rather than of empirical reality.”

Dr. Bernard d’Espagnat, “A tentative new approach to the Schroedinger cat problem,”

They almost come out the same, except there's a funny thing called a "phase factor" which has a rather irritating term which involves the time cubed....The point is in Planck's Unit, (Planck's Constant over 2pi) is put equal to 1 and the gravitional constant is put equal to 1 and the speed of light is put equal to 1. That is perfectly alright. It is a measure of spacetime splitting - how much volume is there in that....In current quantum mechanics this is a purely random process. What I'm saying is it's something much more subtle. Something that is not computable. It looks random but it's not necessarily random. It's a moment of proto-consciousness - it's the building block of what consciousness is made. I'm not saying this is conscious - it's just an element of what you need to build consciousness.

Sir Roger Penrose.

Spin is likely the primordial self-referential process driving quantum mechanics, spacetime dynamics and [immanent] consciousness,

Huping Hu, Ph.D., J.D.

Quantum physicist Dr. Nick Herbert:

a path that involves neither quantum mechanics nor relativity but a far more fundamental result in physics called Noether’s Theorem after German mathematician Emmy Noether (1882 - 1935) who first derived it.

However, our conscious experience does assign a special time and a special place to the world. We experience the world in the HERE and NOW. Conscious experience seems to break the universal time/space symmetry of physics and hence (via Noether’s Theorem) opens the way for Mind to violate the laws of conservation of Energy and Momentum. [Noncommutative Noether's Theorem]

But perhaps human minds in their normal state exercise only a insignificant influence on Nature’s basic time/space symmetries but in Mesmeric trances, sexual transports or religious ecstasies, the powerfully experienced here/nowness of consciousness might induce extraordinary acts that violate the cherished laws of physics over and over and over again.

Thus Emmy Noether can explain St. Joseph of Cupertino.

These novel properties in microscopic world imply that the noncommutative Heisenberg's algebra could be extended to the noncommutative spacetime or phase space to avoid the singularity in particle physics, gravity and early universe in the Planck scale world.

Shi-Dong Liang, 2017 Guangdong Province, China, Sun Yat-Sen University, Physics department

On a fundamental level (below the Planck threshold) it is meaningless even to ask about singularities. The noncommutative geometry shaping this level is totally nonlocal:

Michael Heller (Vatican Observatory) and Wieslaw Sasin (Warsaw University of Poland)

I have corresponded with Professor Manfred Euler about his 2013 description of acoustic STM - Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy builds on his previous connections between the quantum acoustic realms.

"Universal coherence" - a "mind boggling outlook."

He responded to me:

Phase harmony in de Broglie theory relates a local periodic phenomenon (the 'particle clock') to a periodic propagating field in such a way that relativistic invariance is satisfied. If a similar phenomenon in the cell is relevant it should couple the global oscillation pattern locally with periodic (mechanic, electric, biochemical ???) processes.

Coherence as consciousness.
"Ghost Tones"

Manfred Euler is a Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Kiel.

Protege of Heisenberg, Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Dürr, former head of the Max Planck Institute

"What we consider the here and now, this world, it is actually just the material level that is comprehensible. The beyond is an infinite reality that is much bigger. Which this world is rooted in. In this way, our lives in this plane of existence are encompassed, surrounded, by the afterworld already. When planning I imagine that I have written my existence in this world on a sort of hard drive on the tangible (the brain), that I have also transferred this data onto the spiritual quantum field, then I could say that when I die, I do not lose this information, this consciousness. The body dies but the spiritual quantum field continues. In this way, I am immortal."

Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Dürr, former head of the Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich

This dude really understood quantum relativity!

That is the reason why when people are doing quantum physics, if you only use quantum mechanics, they do not see the difference. Only if you go into relativistic theory, you have not only one, but an infinite number of them, disappearing as matter and occurring at interactions. So we are in a way mislead by Schroedinger who said, "Why do we need the [NONCOMMUTATIVE]  Matrix mechanics of Heisenberg, when with only the algebra I make the Schrodinger equation that is in space and time. And that is the way, to my mind, the reason why we are on the wrong track. If the biologists try to get an understanding of biology is a complicated [interrupted] of the old physics. They make it so complicated...if you have dead matter and glue it together....it will never get alive.

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

http://noncommutativegeometry.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-music-of-spheres.html

http://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/08/revisiting-noncommutative-music-of.html

What about the relation with music? One finds quickly that music is best based on the scale (spectrum) which consists of all positive integer powers qn for the real number q=2112∼3119. Due to the exponential growth of this spectrum, it cannot correspond to a familiar shape but to an object of dimension less than any strictly positive number. As explained in the talk, there is a beautiful space which has the correct spectrum: the quantum sphere

Alain Connes.

His student, Masoud Khalkhali also explains this music connection as being noncommutative.

The link posts the images from his slide talk.

https://www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/scientific/14-15/summer-research14/KhalKhaliIntroSlides.pdf

THE MUSIC OF SPHERES

So Connes practices Chopin at home - he doesn't realize that Nonwestern Music is Noncommutative fundamentally - just by not "containing" the geometry as symmetric logic.

Stuart Hameroff does realize that nonwestern music models the noncommutative resonance. I have corresponded with Hameroff.

‘Change the music’ –

Psychotherapy and microtubule vibrations

October 21, 2014

Commentary on: Lane et al, Memory reconsolidation, emotional arousal and the process of change in psychotherapy: New insights from brain science

In their BBS Target Article, Lane et al (2014) recommend eliciting traumatic memory with concomitant positive emotional experience to ‘re-consolidate’ an alternative memory, over-writing, if not erasing the trauma, leading to psychotherapeutic benefit. In this worthy effort the authors claim new insight from brain science, but lack (as does mainstream science in general) actual neurobiological mechanisms for emotional experience (consciousness), and memory (encoding, consolidation/re-consolidation, storage and recall). When asked why he robs banks, the notorious criminal Willie Sutton famously answered: “because that’s where the money is!” To delete or over-write traumatic memories, we need to know where and how they are encoded and consolidated. And improving conscious experience (an essential therapeutic goal) might be far easier if we knew how it was mediated. It is my contention (definitely a minority contention, but one supported by evidence) that in contrast to conventional wisdom, both memory and consciousness are rooted inside brain neurons, in vibrational states of microtubules.

Mainstream science considers consciousness to emerge from complex computation among brain neurons, each acting as fundamental units of information. But such views lack specifics and fail to generate testable predictions. Moreover, single cell organisms such as paramecia exhibit complex cognition (e.g. finding food and mates, sex and learning) without synaptic connections, using their cytoskeletal microtubules. These same microtubules are found inside brain neurons, as major components of the cytoskeleton, self-assembling to shape neurons and regulate synapses. They are lattice polymers of tubulin, the brain’s most prevalent protein, and theorized to process and store information (Hameroff and Watt, 1982; Rasmussen at al, 1990). Microtubule disruption, e.g. in Alzheimer’s disease, correlates with cognitive dysfunction.

A maverick theory of consciousness (Penrose-Hameroff ‘orchestrated objective reduction’, ‘Orch OR’, e.g. Penrose and Hameroff, 1995; Hameroff and Penrose, 2014) suggests quantum vibrational computations in microtubules inside brain neurons 1) produce conscious experience, and 2) regulate neuronal firings and synaptic plasticity. In Orch OR, microtubule quantum vibrations are ‘orchestrated’ (‘Orch’) by synaptic inputs and memory (encoded in microtubules), and terminated by ‘objective reduction’ (‘OR’), Penrose’s solution to the measurement problem in quantum mechanics (Penrose, 1989). Orch OR has been viewed skeptically and harshly criticized, as the brain has been considered too ‘warm, wet and noisy’ for seemingly delicate quantum effects. But in recent years warm quantum biology has been recognized in photosynthesis, bird navigation, olfaction, and in microtubules.

Quantum resonant vibrations in megahertz and kilohertz frequencies have been discovered in single isolated microtubules, and bundles of microtubules inside active neurons (Sahu et al, 2013a; 2013b; Ghosh et al, 2014), validating Orch OR’s biological plausibility. Orch OR now further suggests microtubule vibrations (e.g. in megahertz) interfere to cause music-like (electrophysiological) ‘beats’ seen as EEG rhythms (Hameroff and Penrose, 2014). Indeed, microtubule resonant vibrations have been likened to music, specifically anharmonic Indian Raga (Ghosh et al, 2014). Recent evidence also shows that anesthetics (which selectively erase consciousness) act on microtubules, rather than membrane receptors as is generally assumed (Emerson et al, 2013). The maverick Orch OR theory has far more supportive evidence than do any mainstream approaches to consciousness. 

Memory is generally attributed to synaptic plasticity, but synaptic components are transient, and yet memories can last lifetimes. Again, microtubules play key roles, as synapses are formed, maintained and regulated by microtubules and associated proteins. In long term potentiation (‘LTP’, a cellular model for memory), calcium influx activates CaMKII, a hexagonal holoenzyme which then extends sets of 6 kinase domains (each domain able to phosphorylate a substrate). The CaMKIIs rapidly distribute to microtubules throughout dendritic trees, and (somehow) encode memory, presumably by phosphorylation (Lemieux et al, 2012). On each CaMKII, 6 kinase domains can bind (and phosphorylate) precisely 6 tubulins in microtubule hexagonal lattices, and can encode 6 ‘bits’ of memory per CaMKII (Craddock et al, 2012) onto dendritic microtubules which are uniquely stable and ideally positioned to encode memory. CaMKII phosphorylation of specific tubulins  would modulate microtubule resonant vibrations like frets or nodes in a musical instrument, encoding memory, changing the tune and altering conscious experience.

In a psychotherapy paradigm roughly similar to that proposed for human subjects by Lane et al, Cao et al (2008) elicited specific fear memories in mice, and then transiently overexpressed CaMKII, erasing (or over-writing) the fear memory. CaMKII overexpression presumably increased memory turnover, but required invasive genetic manipulation.

It may be possible to noninvasively stimulate memory turnover (and mood enhancement) by direct effects on brain microtubules. The action of antidepressants, e.g. fluoxitene (Prozac) appears to involve restructuring of cytoskeletal microtubules over several weeks (Bianchi et al, 2009). More immediate effects may be addressed through non-invasive transcranial modalities. Among these are transcranial magnetic stimulation (‘TMS’), transcranial electrical, direct current stimulation (‘TDcS’) and transcranial ultrasound stimulation (‘TUS’). But only TUS can be narrowly focused to target specific, deeper brain regions (Legon et al, 2014). TUS consists of megahertz mechanical vibrations which, at low intensity, sub-thermal levels, safely penetrate skull and brain. As microtubules have megahertz vibrational resonances, TUS with proper settings might be expected to enhance microtubule resonance, and thereby affect cognition and mental states. Indeed, focused TUS enhanced sensory discrimination in human volunteers (Legon et al, 2014), and unfocused TUS improved mood in chronic pain patients (Hameroff et al, 2013).

To erase or over-write traumatic memory, to change the music and re-tune the tubules, combinations of pharmacology, psychotherapy and TUS (e.g. aimed at microtubule vibrations in amygdala, hippocampus and pre-frontal cortex) may be optimal. As the Beatles sang, “Take a sad song and make it better”.

References

Bianchi M, Shah AJ, Fone KC, Atkins AR, Dawson LA, Heidbreder CA, et al (2009). Fluoxetine administration modulates the cytoskeletal micro-tubular system in the rat hippocampus. Synapse 63:359–64.

Cao X, Wang H, Mei B, An S, Yin L, Wang P, Tsien JZ (2008) Inducible and Selective Erasure via Chemical-Genetic Manipulation. Neuron 60: 353–366.

Craddock T, Tuszynski J, Hameroff S (2012) Cytoskeletal signaling: is memory encoded in microtubule lattices by CaMKII phosphorylation? PLoS Comput Biol 8(3):e1002421.

Emerson D, Weiser B, Psonis J, Liao Z, Taratula O, Fiamengo A, et al (2013) Direct modulation of microtubule stability contributes to anthracene general anesthesia. J Am Chem Soc 2013;135(14):5398.

Ghosh S, Aswani K, Singh S, Sahu S, Fujita D, Bandyopadhyay A (2014) Design and Construction of a Brain-Like Computer: A New Class of Frequency-Fractal Computing Using Wireless Communication in a Supramolecular Organic, Inorganic System  Information 5(1):28-100 doi:10.3390/info5010028

Hameroff S, Penrose R (2014) Consciousness in the universe – Review of the Orch OR theory. Phys Life Rev http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001188

Hameroff SR, Watt RC (1982) Information processing in microtubules. J Theor Biol 98:549–61.

informationprocessing_hameroff_watt 1982.pdf (271.46 KB)

Hameroff S, Trakas M, Duffield C, Annabi E, Gerace MB, Boyle P, et al (2013) Transcranial ultrasound (TUS) effects on mental states: a pilot study. Brain Stimul 3(6):409–15.

Lane RD, Ryan L, Nadel L, Greenberg L (2013) Memory Reconsolidation, Emotional Arousal and the Process of Change in Psychotherapy: New Insights from Brain Science Behavioral and Brain Science, in press

Legon W, Sato TF, Opitz A, Mueller J, Barbour A, Williams A, Tyler WJ (2014) Nature Neuroscience 17: 322–329

Lemieux M, Labrecque S, Tardif C, Labrie-Dion E, Lebel E, De Koninck P (2012) Translocation of CaMKII to dendritic microtubules supports the plasticity of local synapses. J Cell Biol: 198(6):1055-73

Penrose R (1989) The emperor’s new mind Oxford: Oxford University Press

Penrose R, Hameroff SR (1995) What gaps? Reply to Grush and Churchland. J Conscious Stud 2:98–112

Rasmussen S, Karampurwala H, Vaidyanath R, Jensen K, Hameroff S (1990) Computational connectionism within neurons: a model of cytoskeletal automata subserving neural networks. Physica D 42:428–49.

Sahu S, Ghosh S, Ghosh B, Aswani K, Hirata K, Fujita D, et al (2013) Atomic water channel controlling remarkable properties of a single brain microtubule: correlating single protein to its supramolecular assembly. Biosens Bioelectron 47:141–8.

Sahu S, Ghosh S, Hirata K, Fujita D, Bandyopadhyay A (2013) Multi-level memory-switching properties of a single brain microtubule. Appl Phys Lett 102:123701.

Stuart Hameroff MD

Departments of Anesthesiology and Psychology

Center for Consciousness Studies

The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona

Edited by voidisyinyang

37 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

My head hurts.

So we can make this as "simple" as we want - but as qigong master Chunyi Lin says, "The simplest is the most powerful."

Indeed, microtubule resonant vibrations have been likened to music, specifically anharmonic Indian Raga (Ghosh et al, 2014)

So by Indian Raga music - meaning Nonwestern music, just as with traditional Chinese music tuning.

It is simple 1:2:3:4 as complementary opposites.

Why do Westerners not understand this? Deep mind control since Plato:

"Bandyopadhyay and his team will couple microtubule vibrations from active neurons to play Indian musical instruments. Consciousness depends on anharmonic vibrations of microtubules inside neurons, similar to certain kinds of Indian music, but unlike Western music which is harmonic [commutative logarithmic]" Hameroff explains

(Science News, 2014)

Edited by voidisyinyang

I admit I have a layman's interest in quantum physics and find the subject fascinating. That said, I have tried very hard to make sense of what is presented here and have failed. Can someone give me the "Cliff's Notes" version of this? How does any of this have to do with non duality? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I admit I have a layman's interest in quantum physics and find the subject fascinating. That said, I have tried very hard to make sense of what is presented here and have failed. Can someone give me the "Cliff's Notes" version of this? How does any of this have to do with non duality? 

Nonlocal means nondual.

But nonlocal actually means noncommutative - as in "not-two" or in two places at the same time.

3-newmeans.png

So this is noncommutative - meaning it is asymmetric resonance. The T'ai Chi symbol can not be a "fractal" because the T'ai Chi is not symmetric geometry. So it continues infinitely as time-frequency resonance.

You can logically infer it but not see it - so it is the 5th dimension as alchemy.

1-s2.0-S0079610715000838-gr1.jpg

Edited by voidisyinyang

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Nonlocal means nondual.

But nonlocal actually means noncommutative - as in "not-two" or in two places at the same time.

And this is where I get lost. I think "nonlocal" means not-local, i.e. elsewhere. For example "non local awareness" means "awareness of something that is not-local." "Noncommutative" means not-cummutative. "Commutative" means that the order of operations does not matter, e.g. A x B = B x A. Non commutative means that the order DOES matter. So how do you equate non local with non dual?

To continue, I could understand if you posit that "non local awareness" is a de-facto proof that the universe is a single point, since all awareness is local and "non-local" awareness is an illusion of sorts. If that is where you are going then that makes sense.

And if you are using the 720 degree spin and Klein Bottle as an example of how multiple frequencies can occupy the same point and thus give the illusion of three dimensional space then that is cool too. Is this what you are saying?

2 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

To continue, I could understand if you posit that "non local awareness" is a de-facto proof that the universe is a single point, since all awareness is local and "non-local" awareness is an illusion of sorts. If that is where you are going then that makes sense.

O.K. you will have to study Basil J. Hiley and other quantum physicists.

This is nothing about a geometric "point" - in fact it is disproof of the concept of a geometric "point."

The geometric "point" is based on the concept of the geometric continuum.

You have to study math professor Luigi Borzacchini - the link I gave. I quoted him saying the continuum does not exist.

Sign in to follow this