Gamuret

David Verdesi's credentials and research

And yes, he does hold a PhD, although he does not currently hold a position at a university; he will likely in the next years.

Okay, so which is it? Did he obtain a PhD or not.

Hey,

You forgot to post your PMs demanding phone calls to David and refusing to speak with me over the phone, why?

Anyway the offer stands, for people without an agenda. Just email me, I'm open to anyone with a sincere interest.

S

Okay, so which is it? Did he obtain a PhD or not.

Yes.

I didn't ever express the request demanding phone calls to David. This is simply not true.

I'm out of this, as I said.

G.

As said I'm not interested in this discussion anymore. Will do my own research.

Edited by Gamuret

Hey,

You forgot to post your PMs demanding phone calls to David and refusing to speak with me over the phone, why?

Anyway the offer stands, for people without an agenda. Just email me, I'm open to anyone with a sincere interest.

S

Yes.

Actually Sean, this is not true. If you are emailed you will talk long enough to ask for money to talk further. This is something unparalleled with some of the greatest Shrfu i have ever encountered.

Yes.

If he has a PhD then why was it previously stated that he did not? If he has a PhD then where and what was his thesis on? If he has one then he is the ONLY PhD i have heard of who refuses to tell you where his PhD was obtained and what it is on.

Actually Sean, this is not true. If you are emailed you will talk long enough to ask for money to talk further. This is something unparalleled with some of the greatest Shrfu i have ever encountered.

If he has a PhD then why was it previously stated that he did not? If he has a PhD then where and what was his thesis on? If he has one then he is the ONLY PhD i have heard of who refuses to tell you where his PhD was obtained and what it is on.

I'll make you a deal Hern; since you said you don't have a lot of money, I will give you a hour of my time one on one for free. You can call or meet me in person. Same goes for Gameraut. I'll show you video footage and pictures of me with Sifu and David in David's house. I will answer all questions openly.

503-304-0173

Let's not fuck up this forum with any more useless, immature back and forth because of personal agenda.

P. S. Just now it came to my ears that David supposedly lives in Dalian, Liaoning province, China, where also his teacher Wang Liping lives.

That's fine and I wish you the best, but you should know that neither David or Wang Liping live in Dalian; they recently held a seminar there, but they don't live there. I can't tell you where they live, but I'll give you a hint, it's further south. I actually left some clues, maybe you can figure it out. I actually wish you well in your search.

Edited by seandenty

Just so you know, most people would be offended if they got a request like this, this is one about about five like this:

Gamarute

Thank you, I do appreciate it. But really try to address the questions themselves. As I told you, if you don't know, just say: "I don't know". If you don't have the permission to tell or don't want to do it, just say: "Sorry, I don't want" or "I'm not allowed to say."

I'd also appreciate it if the answers regardinf Da Zhen and the 300-year old or so Masters would contain information not mentioned in your old posts. Otherwise you are just wasting your and my time.

And please, concrete answers if you can. No fluff, no philosophy, no touchy-feely moving stories. There already too much of those on this forum authored by various people.

Again sorry for being so blunt! Take care.

G.

P.S. Don't forget Verdesi's credentials or at least try to ask him about it.

Edited by seandenty

I didn't ever express the request demanding phone calls to David. This is simply not true.

I'm out of this, as I said.

G.

P. S. Just now it came to my ears that David supposedly lives in Dalian, Liaoning province, China, where also his teacher Wang Liping lives.

Ok, now let's calm down everybody.

First of all, please send my congratulations to David for having completed his PhD.

Second, Gamuret, you shouldn't leave, since you started this whole thread of looking for credentials.

I am not surprised that Sean refused to provide information if you kept your veil of anonymity. DO you remember how I too refused to answer questions, if you kept yourself anonymous.

But I have no such veil, and I am dying of curiosity to know more about David's work.

Now please understand that for what I know PhD's are always public. In the sense that the thesis is a public document. That can be read by anyone, cited by anyone, and that will remain in the archives in secula seculorum. So maybe David has been involved in some secret, close door research, but if this is so, it really shouldn't be used in advertisment. At least to avoid things like this to happen. And for sure it's result cannot be part of the PhD,... because PhD are public documents.

But really Sean, please understand the whole thing is not disrespectful in any way. I mean, I have a PhD. I am VERY happy when people ask for it, because maybe they will read it and will bring on my work. And generally the more people work on your track, the more your sphere of interest gets fundings, gets interest, and so on. The more the world will be interested in my work, and the more I get to investigate my natural sphere of interest, as opposed to working on some other's projects.

Sean, people are just showing interest for your teacher, and they are going to a great length to look what is publicly available on him.

Not only is this not a disrespectful request by any standard, not only it is standard guideline, but also there is no privacy protecting this information. A PhD is a public document. In some countries the defence (the final exam) is private. But the actual PhD. The actual thesis, that is public. Like an article in a peer reviewed news paper. In german universities, to get the final result, you need to give them 50 copies so that they can send them to all the German universities. I understand this might be seen as very archaic, but I am sure you understand the point.

Sean, your wisdom in setting up a private forum is making more and more sense to me.

I am glad the Kunlun forum will be private so we don't have to deal with this silliness.

Cam

Pretty shitty of Gamuret to post the PMs from Sean. Gam cant be trusted now.

Maybe he read the other thread where Sean posted the PM of others, and assumed that he would not mind. :lol:

Ok, now let's calm down everybody.

First of all, please send my congratulations to David for having completed his PhD.

Second, Gamuret, you shouldn't leave, since you started this whole thread of looking for credentials.

I am not surprised that Sean refused to provide information if you kept your veil of anonymity. DO you remember how I too refused to answer questions, if you kept yourself anonymous.

But I have no such veil, and I am dying of curiosity to know more about David's work.

Now please understand that for what I know PhD's are always public. In the sense that the thesis is a public document. That can be read by anyone, cited by anyone, and that will remain in the archives in secula seculorum. So maybe David has been involved in some secret, close door research, but if this is so, it really shouldn't be used in advertisment. At least to avoid things like this to happen. And for sure it's result cannot be part of the PhD,... because PhD are public documents.

But really Sean, please understand the whole thing is not disrespectful in any way. I mean, I have a PhD. I am VERY happy when people ask for it, because maybe they will read it and will bring on my work. And generally the more people work on your track, the more your sphere of interest gets fundings, gets interest, and so on. The more the world will be interested in my work, and the more I get to investigate my natural sphere of interest, as opposed to working on some other's projects.

Sean, people are just showing interest for your teacher, and they are going to a great length to look what is publicly available on him.

Not only is this not a disrespectful request by any standard, not only it is standard guideline, but also there is no privacy protecting this information. A PhD is a public document. In some countries the defence (the final exam) is private. But the actual PhD. The actual thesis, that is public. Like an article in a peer reviewed news paper. In german universities, to get the final result, you need to give them 50 copies so that they can send them to all the German universities. I understand this might be seen as very archaic, but I am sure you understand the point.

Pietro,

I'm not offended by your request. Both my Parents have PhDs and I have a terminal dgree in my field; I'm well aware of the public nature of the work associated with earning a PhD. I asked David last night if he has a PhD and he said yes.

When I was at David's house in China, Sifu Liping explained to the group that David's Tu Di Status was approved by the government. David showed us the legal documents stating that. If people do a little research, they would know that earning such an endorsment is much more meaningful than earning a PhD and much harder to do.

There is really nothing to hide, but what people don't seem to understand is the simple fact that I'm simply one of many of David's students and it doesn't fall to me publically present this material. I simply don't know enough.

The appropraite thing to do is ask David. He doesn't ned anyone's approval or care what the Taobum community thinks he is not tied to nor attached to what you or others know or think they know. For my part, I have really shared what I felt like sharing.

I understand that you knew David a long time ago. Things have changed.

If anyone cares to dig a little, they will find that Wang Liping is well known in China. He holds several positions in the government as well as the medical, religious and academic branches of the government at a national level. He has gone to great lengths to remain a private person, but that is changing and he is lately in the media in China a bit; this will continue as he leads the government in presenting Daosim to the international community in the next decade.

I know that underneath all the rudeness and aggressive challenges, people just want to know what the deal is with David and his teachers. Fair enough, but they have little interest in educating the online community. The forum and website are the work of students and they are works in progress. Remember, I didn't post about the website here, someone else did.

For those that are sincere, I invite you to wait; in the next few years it is likely that more info will gradually be made available. For time being, somethings will have to remain a mystery; there are many reasons for this.

Sean

Maybe he read the other thread where Sean posted the PM of others, and assumed that he would not mind. :lol:

It's fine that Gamatute posted my PMs. I stand by what I wrote. Of course I try to be more polite in public these days so you will have to forgive the "you might be some punk' as that was meant for his ears only.

Pietro,

I'm not offended by your request. Both my Parents have PhDs and I have a terminal dgree in my field; I'm well aware of the public nature of the work associated with earning a PhD. I asked David last night if he has a PhD and he said yes.

When I was at David's house in China, Sifu Liping explained to the group that David's Tu Di Status was approved by the government. David showed us the legal documents stating that. If people do a little research, they would know that earning such an endorsment is much more meaningful than earning a PhD and much harder to do.

There is really nothing to hide, but what people don't seem to understand is the simple fact that I'm simply one of many of David's students and it doesn't fall to me publically present this material. I simply don't know enough.

The appropraite thing to do is ask David. He doesn't ned anyone's approval or care what the Taobum community thinks he is not tied to nor attached to what you or others know or think they know. For my part, I have really shared what I felt like sharing.

I understand that you knew David a long time ago. Things have changed.

If anyone cares to dig a little, they will find that Wang Liping is well known in China. He holds several positions in the government as well as the medical, religious and academic branches of the government at a national level. He has gone to great lengths to remain a private person, but that is changing and he is lately in the media in China a bit; this will continue as he leads the government in presenting Daosim to the international community in the next decade.

I know that underneath all the rudeness and aggressive challenges, people just want to know what the deal is with David and his teachers. Fair enough, but they have little interest in educating the online community. The forum and website are the work of students and they are works in progress. Remember, I didn't post about the website here, someone else did.

For those that are sincere, I invite you to wait; in the next few years it is likely that more info will gradually be made available. For time being, somethings will have to remain a mystery; there are many reasons for this.

Sean

It's fine that Gamatute posted my PMs. I stand by what I wrote. Of course I try to be more polite in public these days so you will have to forgive the "you might be some punk' as that was meant for his ears only.

Thanks Sean for the answer. Please again send my congratulations. I understood you were David's webmaster, and as such you had some sort of priviledged channel to take care of his online figure. I must have been mistaken.

Please understand that things between me and David can't really have changed... since we never were that near. We have some good friends in common, which we still have, I occasionally studied with him at the time of the HT, but this is pretty much all. Which is why I find it so funny to have become the authority on how David was 10 years ago. WTF! But of course I do provide the little info that I know.

And regarding the fact that Wang Li Ping has positions in China, I am just very happy to hear that such a figure has been restored to his position, and does not have to keep on running away as in the book we all have read.

Take care,

Pietro

P.S. You said that they should ask David directly. Is David's email still the same? (taje...)

Am I allowed to pass it on, so that they can write to him directly?

P.S. You said that they should ask David directly. Is David's email still the same? (taje...)

Am I allowed to pass it on, so that they can write to him directly?

The email is the same. Please keep it for yourself as David does not wish to be flooded with email; this would probably force him to close the account.

He was not pleased with your actions, as you probably can guess for yourself, but David is a pretty understanding guy. Just to say, if you approach him with a little care and sincerity, he will smile, forgive and respond in kind way; Not that what you did was so terrible, just offensive.

I am inspired now to write something here in the next few days. I have a deep heart connection to my teacher, so I have to be careful; but I also know that there are members here who will understand and benifit so perhaps I can share a little more if people are interested.

I want people to know that there is no wall keeping them from the teachings except the one they create. This goes for anyone, not just David or Wang Liping. Anyone can connect with any teacher. Just dedicate to your meditation and you don't need email or phone numbers to connect with any Buddhas.

There is no requirement to join the forum. People can see all the seminars offered to first time students on the website.

These battles are created by fear. Everyone can become self realized, doesn't matter how many connections you do or don't have.

The email is the same. Please keep it for yourself as David does not wish to be flooded with email; this would probably force him to close the account.

He was not pleased with your actions, as you probably can guess for yourself, but David is a pretty understanding guy. Just to say, if you approach him with a little care and sincerity, he will smile, forgive and respond in kind way; Not that what you did was so terrible, just offensive.

I am inspired now to write something here in the next few days. I have a deep heart connection to my teacher, so I have to be careful; but I also know that there are members here who will understand and benifit so perhaps I can share a little more if people are interested.

I want people to know that there is no wall keeping them from the teachings except the one they create. This goes for anyone, not just David or Wang Liping. Anyone can connect with any teacher. Just dedicate to your meditation and you don't need email or phone numbers to connect with any Buddhas.

There is no requirement to join the forum. People can see all the seminars offered to first time students on the website.

These battles are created by fear. Everyone can become self realized, doesn't matter how many connections you do or don't have.

Fair enough.

So maybe we write a nice letter all together, and I include to a mail to him. I haven't heard from him apart from that incident, and apart from the news I get from our common friend Pier. So it will be nice for me to do it. I also have something I would like to ask him which might be of interest to people not in your path, too.

Pietro

I'll make you a deal Hern; since you said you don't have a lot of money, I will give you a hour of my time one on one for free. You can call or meet me in person. Same goes for Gameraut. I'll show you video footage and pictures of me with Sifu and David in David's house. I will answer all questions openly.

503-304-0173

Let's not fuck up this forum with any more useless, immature back and forth because of personal agenda.

This is strange that you acknowledge that i am busy and then speak of giving me an hour of your time.

My friend, i would indeed be giving you an hour of my time.

i cannot see pictures on the phone, and i do not want to spend an hour talking about how amazing David is. If you want to meet, i live in Ohio and regularly teach in Pennsylvania. i will be happy to meet you in any place within region near these locations. If you would like to do so then i will be all too happy to meet you and see this.

Moreover, i would like the other issues addressed; though i am less concerned with David's degree (or lack thereof), and more concerned with his attainment of Yin-Yang fusion. If this is the case, i would like to see some evidence of this. If true then what is there to lose? If true then you shut me up forever and i will attest to his skill. Before seeing the John Chang video i would not likely have believed he could do what he can do. Still, Chang neither charged to show that, nor even to heal or teach people (but certainly not to demonstrate). He was helpful to those who challenged him and his attitude was reserved and yet open. David is only closed and yet boastful. Again, you know a tree by its fruits.

Beyond that, i would like some evidence of disciple status to Wang, Li-Ping. It is not that he could not be, but it is strange that he would not show evidence of this (and proudly so), if he were. As well, discipleship is not a government issue. David would be the ONLY person i have EVER heard of to get "Official Government Approved Disciple Status" in any Order. Please elaborate on what this means.

Still, i will accept to meet with you if you are anywhere reasonably near me. Please let me know.

Still, i will accept to meet with you if you are anywhere reasonably near me. Please let me know.

I will let you know and you can also contact me if you are ever in New York, I would be happy to show you what I have. I understand the reluctance to travel, we all have busy lives.

Anyway, despite all the back and forth, I wish you the best and I hope that I am able to give more info in the future.

Sincerely, Sean

Edited by seandenty

I will let you know and you can also contact me if you are ever in Salem, Oregon, I would be happy to show you what I have. I understand the reluctance to travel, we all have busy lives.

Anyway, despite all the back and forth, I wish you the best and I hope that I am able to give more info in the future.

Sincerely, Sean

i wish you the best as well, i just gotta call bullshit when i smell it :)

i don't foresee being on the West Coast for a bit. If you are within 5 hours or so of me then i'll definitely try to sync up with you.

This all poses the greater question though, of why you don't just post these videos (at least clips), if they would in fact answer my questions (and those of others). i remain skeptical, in the extreme, that they do (for this reason).

i wish you the best as well, i just gotta call bullshit when i smell it :)

i don't foresee being on the West Coast for a bit. If you are within 5 hours or so of me then i'll definitely try to sync up with you.

This all poses the greater question though, of why you don't just post these videos (at least clips), if they would in fact answer my questions (and those of others). i remain skeptical, in the extreme, that they do (for this reason).

That would be up to David who prefers not to, probably wise I would say. Anyway, I would but I don't have permission to share with nonstudents.

Like I said I'll happily do what I can.

No offense, but I don't think it would be very wise of him to give out his personal details. I have seen a couple of knuckleheads on the foundation forum talking about "taking care" of someone who didn't tow the party line. Again, these guys were probably just talking BS, and I believe the crap they were spewing was their own, but you can never be too careful. Some of the people on that forum are fanatical about David.

You are correct that David is not obligated to answer any of the questions Gamuret posed, but it would improve his credibility immensely if he did.

David doesn't need any help with his credibility. He is already very successful.

I am kind of awestruck that you guys aren't more interested in David's background seeing the amount of time and money invested in his system, but it might be in your nature to be more trusting of people than I am. I wish you well in your training Sean.

David has proved his abilities and qualifications to me and many of his students because we asked him to directly in a sincere way instead of expecting his students to prove something via chatroom/forum on the internet.

Look, David just isn't interested in what people in forums think. He doesn't care or need to care. If people had contacted me in a sincere way and told me they have a low income, I would have happily addressed all the issues raised without charging for forum access. This whole effort to confront David via Taobums is pointless, he doesn't even follow the forum, or any forum for that matter except the student forum.

The whole thing is just childish; that's why I stopped intiating posts on Taobums about David months ago.

Anyway, I wish you the best too.

Sean

"David doesn't need any help with his credibility. He is already very successful."

Interesting. At 45 large a pop (or whatever the number) I shouldn't wonder.

Just to add some fuel to the inferno...I believe Qiu Fuyi has been mentioned with some tangential connection to LSD at some point?

- Well,

he demonstrates his "empty force" and "iron body" skills.

- However, when performing the exact same demos under a little

...did he blow his cover?

I can't say for sure, but I believe so. The reason why is that genuine masters don't need any set-ups...whereas illusionists always use the same set-ups. Because basically, a set-up = a set-up. :D

So, this guy must suspiciously use the EXACT SAME cloth-covered table and props everytime. Why???

I mean, I understand using basically the same props since you have rehearsed routines...but I think they should basically be interchangeable with similar items, no?

Well, it turns out that his table may have been rigged with springs, pulleys and a magnet. And when any part of the set-up was altered, like when the glass bottle was moved and covered with a different cloth (see

) - he was NOT able to replicate the same results.

Note: I am not claiming FOR A FACT that this guy is fradulent...much less anyone in LSD, that may or may not even be related to his pai, lol. Just sayin' - this guy alone does seem questionable.

Edited by vortex

This is strange that you acknowledge that i am busy and then speak of giving me an hour of your time.

My friend, i would indeed be giving you an hour of my time.

i cannot see pictures on the phone, and i do not want to spend an hour talking about how amazing David is. If you want to meet, i live in Ohio and regularly teach in Pennsylvania. i will be happy to meet you in any place within region near these locations. If you would like to do so then i will be all too happy to meet you and see this.

Moreover, i would like the other issues addressed; though i am less concerned with David's degree (or lack thereof), and more concerned with his attainment of Yin-Yang fusion. If this is the case, i would like to see some evidence of this. If true then what is there to lose? If true then you shut me up forever and i will attest to his skill. Before seeing the John Chang video i would not likely have believed he could do what he can do. Still, Chang neither charged to show that, nor even to heal or teach people (but certainly not to demonstrate). He was helpful to those who challenged him and his attitude was reserved and yet open. David is only closed and yet boastful. Again, you know a tree by its fruits.

Beyond that, i would like some evidence of disciple status to Wang, Li-Ping. It is not that he could not be, but it is strange that he would not show evidence of this (and proudly so), if he were. As well, discipleship is not a government issue. David would be the ONLY person i have EVER heard of to get "Official Government Approved Disciple Status" in any Order. Please elaborate on what this means.

Still, i will accept to meet with you if you are anywhere reasonably near me. Pleas

Edited by sabretooth