Sign in to follow this  
LAOLONG

WARNING !!!!

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

I have never rented a flat that came with a phone number .   How does that work ? 

It was basic in 1995 israel. 

Every apartment had a phone

with a fix number ,that you could not change.

Xbalanque and Hunahpu are the Mayan twins. Anyways, Lemmy is cool and all--- but so many have covered that song.
Somewhere exists the original.

Spoiler

Yeah, Kipling. Don't forget Shelley, Byron, Coleridge, some dude named Milton too. They all had something to say as did The Bard. But when Marlowe put Faustus on the stage there were widespread eye witness accounts of actual devils appearing on stage.

" The powerful effect of early productions of the play is indicated by the legends that quickly accrued around them—that actual devils once appeared on the stage during a performance, "to the great amazement of both the actors and spectators", a sight that was said to have driven some spectators mad." IDK, Lyle Lovett says the devil drives a coupe de ville around Nashville dispensing little pills. Can't say if the dude is real or not; he continues to make appearances in literature, song, poetry, it's like he has a good pr man or agent. It's like he struck a good deal.

edit>> Charles Bukowski shared a jail cell with him in LA, I think the story goes.

Edited by zerostao

21 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Children play with dolls and pretend to fight monsters. If they ever see a real monster they scream in terror and call for their parents.

Not always ... not in one of my 'kiddies stories'   ... the boy buys a pet monster  ( from the secret downstairs part of the pet shop ) to  train it to 'get '  his parents  ... and anyone else that 'messed' with him        ^_^

....  but things dont go as he planned

monster-under-bed.jpg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Xbalanque and Hunahpu are the Mayan twins. Anyways, Lemmy is cool and all--- but so many have covered that song.
Somewhere exists the original.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, Kipling. Don't forget Shelley, Byron, Coleridge, some dude named Milton too. They all had something to say as did The Bard. But when Marlowe put Faustus on the stage there were widespread eye witness accounts of actual devils appearing on stage.

" The powerful effect of early productions of the play is indicated by the legends that quickly accrued around them—that actual devils once appeared on the stage during a performance, "to the great amazement of both the actors and spectators", a sight that was said to have driven some spectators mad." IDK, Lyle Lovett says the devil drives a coupe de ville around Nashville dispensing little pills. Can't say if the dude is real or not; he continues to make appearances in literature, song, poetry, it's like he has a good pr man or agent. It's like he struck a good deal.

edit>> Charles Bukowski shared a jail cell with him in LA, I think the story goes.

cyphre.jpg

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I guess its semantics... but to me, there is reality even there...  Dao applies there too.

That's fine but just remember that just because they exist in your mind doesn't mean that they exist in everyone's mind.

I have mentioned before that I agree that illusions and delusions in the mind of an individual are real for that individual.  But not everyone have the same illusions and delusions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

That's fine but just remember that just because they exist in your mind doesn't mean that they exist in everyone's mind.

I have mentioned before that I agree that illusions and delusions in the mind of an individual are real for that individual.  But not everyone have the same illusions and delusions.

As always mate... succinctly stated and well said.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 11:39 PM, Nungali said:

I have never rented a flat that came with a phone number .   How does that work ? 

It rings, you pick up the receiver and you can talk to people miles away.  It's new - a bit like the telegraph system.  You do need to stoke it up with coal once a day though to keep the steam pressure high.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No ... that isnt how a phone number works   at all   ...   that  ^  is how a phone works    ( you scrapin' the barrel for a hit there  bro  :rolleyes: )

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

No ... that isnt how a phone number works   at all   ...   that  ^  is how a phone works    ( you scrapin' the barrel for a hit there  bro  :rolleyes: )

Is it not said: 'The phone without a number cannot be spoken into' ?

or as jesus said 'ring and the phone shall be answered'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perhaps for a non business call , but with   gas, electricity , communication or government  services / company   ... nope

"On three consecutive days in April 2017, I waited over an hour on the Centrelink 'bereavement' line to advise the death of a relative. My calls were never answered. Thoroughly disgusted."

"I have been kept on hold for over 90 minutes multiple times. In one instance, I blew through all the credit on my prepaid phone before I could get through. In another, the battery died on my home phone!"

"I haven't even been able to get far enough to be put on hold. Whenever I call it tells me the user is busy and the call fails."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-23/your-horror-stories-of-lengthy-centrelink-phone-call-waits/9352222

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Perhaps for a non business call , but with   gas, electricity , communication or government  services / company   ... nope

"On three consecutive days in April 2017, I waited over an hour on the Centrelink 'bereavement' line to advise the death of a relative. My calls were never answered. Thoroughly disgusted."

"I have been kept on hold for over 90 minutes multiple times. In one instance, I blew through all the credit on my prepaid phone before I could get through. In another, the battery died on my home phone!"

"I haven't even been able to get far enough to be put on hold. Whenever I call it tells me the user is busy and the call fails."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-23/your-horror-stories-of-lengthy-centrelink-phone-call-waits/9352222

Sometimes it is the act of making a call which is significant and not the conversation.  People should be advised to rest in the pure non-dual experience of the call-waiting rather than grasp after an 'answer'.  Let the universal ONE communication flow rather than the restrictive ego based local and limited dialogue.   Do they not say 'your call is valuable to us' and a 'customer services advisor will be available shortly please hold.''  We can see divine purpose in these messages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Apech said:

We can see divine purpose in these messages.

I see inefficiency in it but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sign in to follow this