or a stone, insect, current of air, stream, forest, species, solar system, galaxy...

I don't find perfection slippery.   My mental relationship to it may be, but that is the relative, foggy land of stories and mindstuff.  Not inherently real.  Perfection is just what is.  This is it.

Perfect Choice cannot be deviated from as it stems from the universe of phenomena, being as it is.  It will not and can not be any other way.   Relative choice is a process of applying a story in the mind, to what occurs in Perfect Choice.

Within the perfetion of what is...  Acknowledgement, Acceptance and Release within this is freedom for me... for in this moment those Three Elders reveal the only thing I consider real any longer... presence and awareness... which abide synchronistically, in perfection.

So at what level of awareness are choices made? 

Perfect Choice seems an unconscious process to me.  Like beating our hearts and regulating hormone levels and growing hair while we sleep.  It's foundational to the fabric of experiential awareness.   If there is a God and one would ask her... 'how did you make the flowers?'  I expect the answer may well be... "I have no idea... how do you beat your ehart?"

Relative choice, whether I drink oj or make tea when thirsty, both seem to lie within the parameters of Perfect Choice, to drink when thirsty. 

2 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

That's not my intention. I was thinking of a thought experiment that may clarify.

Imagine a line, towards the left is absolute choice and towards the right is perfection.

Choice ---------- Perfection

In response to a stimulus, one can choose any number of possible responses. One's location on the above line limits the number of available choices.

Infinite ---------- One

Let's say person X falls on the far left of the spectrum. In response to a stimulus that person could choose potentially any of an infinite number of responses. In other words the response is random. If another person, say person Y falls on the far right of the spectrum, their choices are greatly limited, perhaps to only one choice.

Perfection falls on the absolute right end of this line. As such there is only one choice. That's all I'm really saying.

29 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I think there is a kernel of truth in your idea. But the quality of "perfection" is too slippery  to make it rigorous.

In more abstract terms we can say that a creature if it wants to demonstrate a quality Q has to accept a reduction of it's spectrum S of acceptable forms of behavior. In other words the spectrum S of acceptable forms of behavior for a creature C  is a function S = S(Q) of the quality Q that C wants to exhibit. This is a however a purely logical relation, the same relation S = S(Q) holds for a sage, a criminal, a Dao Bum, or a robot for example.

or a stone, insect, current of air, stream, forest, species, solar system, galaxy...

I don't find perfection slippery.   My mental relationship to it may be, but that is the relative, foggy land of stories and mindstuff.  Not inherently real.  Perfection is just what is.  This is it.

Perfect Choice cannot be deviated from as it stems from the universe of phenomena, being as it is.  It will not and can not be any other way.   Relative choice is a process of applying a story in the mind, to what occurs in Perfect Choice.

Within the perfetion of what is...  Acknowledgement, Acceptance and Release within this is freedom for me... for in this moment those Three Elders reveal the only thing I consider real any longer... presence and awareness... which abide synchronistically, in perfection.

So at what level of awareness are choices made? 

Perfect Choice seems an unconscious process to me.  Like beating our hearts and regulating hormone levels and growing hair while we sleep.  It's foundational to the fabric of experiential awareness.   If there is a God and one would ask her... 'how did you make the flowers?'  I expect the answer may well be... "I have no idea... how do you beat your heart?"

Relative choice, whether I drink oj or make tea when thirsty, both seem to lie within the parameters of Perfect Choice, which is the flow of nature... to drink when thirsty. 

Edited by silent thunder
added quotes for clarity, since my response ended up on the top of a new page.
  • Like 1

So we see choice is perfected when you get what you want...hence a 2 snare process..as a trap..or slack...qualitative concern...is about slack of the thing itself..and how much it will bend out of the way of its true nature..Which is like a lack..of it truly appearing forth! this is where we get light..in magical circles..and lodges etc...the neat and proper function of things..is always sought be Freemasonry..It is known to a young or little Freemason..that he may be under control..of the Grandmasters..of the lodge...but that is what the concept of the pyramid is about anyways..the stronger can control the weaker..but it should be used only for Good.. Which is Grandmasters lending grace to a younger employee...

4 minutes ago, Boundlesscostfairy said:

So we see choice is perfected when you get what you want...

On the face of it, yes, this is true.  However,

Does it really matter if we get what we want or not?  Isn't it more important that we were free to make the choice and enact that choice?

Many of my choices in life have been great disasters.  But I made the choice and did what I felt was best at the time.  Perfection in failure!

17 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Many of my choices in life have been great disasters.  But I made the choice and did what I felt was best at the time.  Perfection in failure!

You did "what you felt was best at the time." What more can you do? The idea of "perfect choice" or perfection to me looks like a notion that is too far removed from the real world to be of any use in understanding anything. It will lead you wildly astray. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument#Anselm

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1