Sign in to follow this  
yugenphoenix

Movement of sexual energy Taoiost vs. Buddhist (Tummo)

Hey all,

Been practicing chi kung/nei kung for about 3 years now (teachings of C.K. Chu).  Have felt a few different things with movement of energy throughout my body and relaxation (mostly in my legs) with a total increase in overall energy and well being.  I get up daily at 0430 to practice for about an hour and 15 minutes most days.  I have lately begun to think about sitting mediation.  I am drawn to "Tao of Mediation" by Tsung Hwa Jou. I don't really do a separate sitting session but when I feel the sexual energy buildup I try to sublimate it I guess, as it happens throughout the day.   I feel the sexual energy begin in my penis (is that the "secret chakra" of Tummo?) and per the book's instructions can feel the drawing up of it into my tan tian on inhalation, then I pause and hold my breath and push the combined sexual energy and breath down into my perineum from my tan tian.  I can feel it go through and up to about lower to mid back right before it reaches what I would guess is the second gate (Mingmen, The Door of Life?) I then relax completely and exhale let the energy return to my tan tian. It seems at this point this is as far as it will go, so again no forcing it just letting my body open as it wants and is ready to.  I predominately use reverse breathing, it feels most natural, but I don't force it, sometimes use so called Buddhist breathing just feels like the thing to do, I go with it and don't force anything. Though I know I should not hold my breath, it just started happening on its own, so again I don't force it, just let my body do what it seems to want. And it does seem to work, the sexual feelings go away and I'm not really left feeling much of anything (has the jing changed to chi?).  I do have a distinct feeling of my tan tien in general and many times through my chi kung and just in general throughout the day breathe into it and focus on my tan tian.  I have been reading also about Tummo and the Six Yogas and it seems that they also teach to use the sexual energy drawn up from the penis, into the tan tian, but then it appears that it travels in the opposite direction to travel to the brain.  I know this is way over simplification of two very complex and different traditions, but wanted to maybe have someone more knowledgeable provide some insight into why the direction is opposite.  I'm very drawn to The Six Yogas and inner heat in general but don't want to cross beams and cause problems.  I'm happy with what I'm doing with the "Tao of Meditation" but don't want to get tied to a "tradition" per se, I want to find a natural, general way of cultivation. I appreciate anyone who take the time to comment and provide insight.

p.s I'm getting to believe the only thing I really need to do is continue my chi kung, letting my channels open, and just focus on the tan tian and let the energy do what it will, as it truly knows best.

1 hour ago, yugenphoenix said:

I have been reading also about Tummo and the Six Yogas and it seems that they also teach to use the sexual energy drawn up from the penis, into the tan tian, but then it appears that it travels in the opposite direction to travel to the brain.

Seems like sexual energy here сould be mud (or rough). For me it is not good idea to transport it up to the brain.

I guess that head must stay as clean as it possible.

I'm getting to believe the only thing I really need to do is continue my chi kung, letting my channels open

Yes. I absolutely agree with this part. 

Мastership in working with opening channels, will give an opportunity to always balance your state, and be healthy. If the method you are learning is good and balanced, it will bring comfort and pleasure to the senses, and you can gradually explore the energy of your body.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yugenphoenix said:

Damn that typo in the title, didn't see it till I submitted, but alas so is the way of life.  :))

You can edit titles.

I don't post a lot, but do you have any insights to share on my topic Star Jumper? You seem to have a lot of experience from your posts.

I don't post a lot, but do you have any insights to share on my topic ..

Yes.. you have to many o's in the Taoisost. 

That solves that..

kidding..

Hopefully someone wiser then me will comment, but I do like your last observation-

"p.s I'm getting to believe the only thing I really need to do is continue my chi kung, letting my channels open, and just focus on the tan tian and let the energy do what it will, as it truly knows best."

14 hours ago, yugenphoenix said:

p.s I'm getting to believe the only thing I really need to do is continue my chi kung, letting my channels open, and just focus on the tan tian and let the energy do what it will, as it truly knows best.

There is your answer. Don't over complicate things and it will all happen by itself. 

• Like 1

Focus on the SOLES OF YOUR FEET unless you are a shepherd, labourer, construction worker and so on.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this