Tibetan_Ice

Kunlun Questions

It's definitely correct to store the energy in the lower abdomen but it's silly to say someone is "past the full-lotus stuff." haha. Full-lotus is not a technique but just the complimentary opposite harmonics in action -- in it's most intense action. Qigong master Chunyi Lin states that 20 minutes of full-lotus is worth 4 hours of any other exercise. He spent 40 days in a cave just in full-lotus: no water, no food, no sleep.

http://springforestqigong.com or http://learningstrategies.com on spring forest qigong

The goal of "supreme complete enlightenment" as described by Master Nan, Huai-chin -- is to turn the whole body back into female formless awareness or "empty awareness" as Master Nan call its. This is the same goal described in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk.

Master Nan really emphasizes that the body must be transformed and that the full-lotus is the best way to determine if this is happening. The book "Opening the Dragon Gate" also emphasizes the full-lotus for the same reason.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin states if you want to see if someone is really a master just see how long they can sit in full-lotus in ease.

This makes sense to me. Master Ni -- of L.A. -- states that MOST Taoist practitioners are just stuck in self-help psychology and not really doing much energy transformation. This is obviously very frustrating for someone who can transmit energy and is trying to help others build up their energy systems (unless of course they're getting paid a lot no matter the results!) haha.

I can sit in full-lotus indefinitely but only if I'm transmitting and taking in energy -- sending yang energy into females or strong yin sources and then taking in their yin energy. This harmonizes the body energy for healing but it doesn't build up energy. This isn't the same as full-lotus meditation which is best described in my "The Yan Xin Secret" article at http://mind-energy.net -- Yan Xin teaches to bounce the yang light off your palms so it goes back into your belly -- the yin area. This helps to cycle the energy but the full-lotus will cycle the energy on it's own just by sitting with the eyes closed.

Hi Drew :)

Thank you for your post. Also, thank you for writing in "Secrets of Female Formless Awareness".

Some background on me:

I started piano when I was 5, got my grade 9 piano and then played bass as a professional musician for 30 years. I can play piano, bass, guitar, trumpet, flute, clarinet, drums, harmonica.. etc.

I used to be the top chess player in town and have even played some matches blindfolded and won. Once I played 5 people at the same time and won every game.

I used to practice yoga a lot in my early years. I used to be able to do the full lotus while standing on my head. I've practiced nasal irrigation, recti isolation, pranayama etc.

I always sit in easy posture, even at work. I program computers 9 - 5 so I sit a lot.

I have been listening to Indian music and Prem Joshua for the last month or so. For some reason, I was drawn to it and it is really great!

This is a meditation that I did two months ago and have repeated twice since, once with crystals:

I focus on the crown chakra, pulling down light into it until it melts into what resembles a swimming cap of very bright light. The center of the cap is like a funnel of light dripping downward in one big drop. I then take the drop and bring it down through each chakra, filling the chakra, making it bright white. I spend 5 or so minutes on each chakra, taking it down to the root chakra. When I reach the root chakra (my back straightens and my full concentration is active) I keep pouring the white light into my root chakra. Then, the snake (it is a medium sized dark greenish snake) starts to rise up my spine. When it hits about 4 inches up, it feels 100 times more intense than any orgasm I've ever experienced. All I want to do at this point is keep the snake going through the tunnel in my spine up to the crown. As the snake progresses inch by inch, my body and spine are rigid, my back arches slightly and I'm just humming with vibrations and sweating. When the snake reaches the crown chakra, it opens it's mouth wide and tries to swallow the whole top. At that point, I'm about 3 feet in back of my body watching. I let it feed for 5 or six minutes and then I close it down.

Yesterday, I burped and I noticed that I had a kind of a sweet taste of something in my mouth. It didn't taste like anything I have tasted from a burp before, nor from what I had eaten that day. I have had bad gas and the runs now for 6 month or so. I try to eat a more alkaline diet and that seems to help.. In your posts, you explain about not eating a lot...

1) If you eat too much, do you get the runs? Do your guts gurgle most of the time? The doctor says I have irritable bowel syndrome.

2) I will try the full lotus with the reflecting hand technique as you suggest, just to see what will happen. I can still get into that posture easily. My concerns are these:

a) If I tilt my head forward, will I still be able to pull down cosmic energy from the sky? Isn't aligning the spine straight up and down more important? I can focus the third eye without pointing my head down.

B) What do you project into your hands? When I close my eyes, I see purple and green and white lights, I also see the star. Do I pull in light from the star and project it from my third eye into the hands? Or do I pull down cosmic energy from the sky? It sort of sounds like the energy will build upwards towards my head. Is that what I redirect?

c) I have never used breath retention (kumbahka) or bhastrika (bellows breath) on the root chakra. Don't you have to have a trail of bright white crown light bread crumbs for the snake to follow first?

Thank you for your time and information, Drew. I appreciate it. :)

TI

my problem is that i get way too intense of energy tinglings... that are wild and intense visuals...I assume this is the third eye opening...My only problem is that i feel crazy after going so deep.... I need help with this as well.. I can relate to all the experience...Its wild isn't it? Keep jorneying my friend! it sounds like you got it!

If you're getting the runs so much I'd try eating more fiber and maybe some anti-bacterial food like raw garlic.

The small universe or "microcosmic orbit" is the foundation practice as featured in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality."

The key is the alchemical process: blissful heat, electromagnetic fields, then light. So full-lotus is too painful at first to achieve this process which is really just harmonics based on resonating with female formless awareness. So I'd definitely work on the small universe practice until you achieve this alchemical process and then the full-lotus will be a natural extension of the practice.

Hi,

I have been practicing Samyama for 1 month now, ever since I had some inner silence to drop things into.

Tonight, I did breathing while visualizing golden light coming up from my root chakra through the spinal channel into the center of the head. Then, I visualized pink light coming from the root around the front of my body, up over my nose and into the center of my head. I spent about 10 minutes deep breathing and visualizing that. (as per Barabara Ann Brennan's "Hands of Light". I don't think that has anything to do with what I am about the mention, but I thought I'd say it anyway. I also did the deep silence meditation for 30 minutes. Then, I did Samyama.

As I progressed in Samyama, I remember Yogani (AYP) stating that you go deeper and deeper into the quietest parts of your essence to release the sutra. Well, that is what I've been doing. At first, about 3 weeks ago, I got to a point where I would mentally see the words as I released them. I wasn't trying to visualize the words, it was just happening. This was also accompanied by a lot of visions just popping up. I thought I was resonating my visual cortex. Then, I guess I played with the cave of water, releasing the sutras, one drop at a time into a big pool of water, then watching the ripples as they spread out and faded before releasing the next sutra. Another point of interest is that I have been adding 'inner silence' as one of my sutras.

Tonight I decided to go back to trying to release the sutra from the quietest part of my mind, forgoing the visual scenery. As I zeroed in on the quietest part, a little tunnel thingy started to appear. It was as if, my persuit of the quieter regions in my mind created a little tunnel or pushed through to create a tunnel? As I focused on it and released a sutra, the tunnel got a little deeper. The tunnel has some light in it and what appears to be a very little yellow light. As I kept pushing further and further into the tunnel, the tunnel got longer and the light was a little brighter. I was kind of puzzled because, although I had read that the third eye is really a reflection, I thought the tunnel should be pointing forward, not backwards. I tried to adjust my perspective, but it remained pointing out of the back of my head. I focused on it some more with intent.

Then, a black thing, at first I thought it was a leach, starting slowly creeping out from the end of the tunnel towards me. As I watched it, I realized that the end of the tunnel was splitting open, and it wasn't a leach but blackness was coming through the bottom of the tunnel. The tunnel is at the back of my head and pointing slightly more to the left. I think it is about 4 inches long and no more than 1/4 inch wide.

As I kind of pushed myself down to the edge of the tunnel to take a look, an erie feeling overtook me. There is this huge black void in there that I've seen before. Once I meditated for three hours after which I popped out of the top of my head into that black void. At that time, it felt like I was going to die so I quit immediately. That was 16 years ago. Well, that black void is the same!

I sat on the edge of the little tunnel at the back of my head and yelled out as loud as I could "I AM". Nothing. No echoes, no response. I tried again. "I AM!!!" Nothing. I must also say, I think I could see very minute very dim little lights way off in the distance in the black void, but it seemed more like a feeling than a visual thing.

I'm so thrilled to have discovered the little tunnel and the huge black void. I'm going to go exploring next time. It was so easy to get there, and I can see it persistently now.

Has anyone else here discovered this tunnel or the big black void?

TI

If you're getting the runs so much I'd try eating more fiber and maybe some anti-bacterial food like raw garlic.

The small universe or "microcosmic orbit" is the foundation practice as featured in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality."

The key is the alchemical process: blissful heat, electromagnetic fields, then light. So full-lotus is too painful at first to achieve this process which is really just harmonics based on resonating with female formless awareness. So I'd definitely work on the small universe practice until you achieve this alchemical process and then the full-lotus will be a natural extension of the practice.

Hi Drew,

Thank you for your response. :)

Fibre helps, so does ginger. Now I'm seeing if oil pulling will help. I know the constant ringing in my left ear is almost gone and has been gone for two days now. That had been ringing for months.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I will add it to my library and check it out. :)

Tonight I sat in full lotus for seven minutes, left leg over right, and then I reversed it for another seven minutes. There is certainly is a lot of pressure, a bit of pain and it is quite distracting, or rather, you have to make a conscious effort to relax. After that, it sure felt wonderful sitting in easy posture! I will see if I can extend the full lotus sitting time to see what happens..

TI

my problem is that i get way too intense of energy tinglings... that are wild and intense visuals...I assume this is the third eye opening...My only problem is that i feel crazy after going so deep.... I need help with this as well.. I can relate to all the experience...Its wild isn't it? Keep jorneying my friend! it sounds like you got it!

Hi Satyagraha :)

Have you tried taking your vibrations higher than light? Perhaps you are stimulating your visual cortex with what you are doing? Seek the quiet region and listen, up higher. Mind is faster than light. Or, if you are doing raspy breathing exercises to stimulate your etheric body, maybe cut back for a while..

On AYP, they would probably say that feeling crazy after meditation is purging blockages and they might suggest resting for 10 minutes after. Rest is probably good. Also, I would ground myself. Hug a tree, eat a heavy meal, hold some smokey quartz or black tourmaline, put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and hold your hands over your tan tien for 20 minutes...

These are just suggestions, as I have no idea about what you are doing in your practices. Perhaps if you elaborated more on your practices someone might be able to help you out..?

TI

Have you tried taking your vibrations higher than light? Perhaps you are stimulating your visual cortex with what you are doing? Seek the quiet region and listen, up higher. Mind is faster than light. Or, if you are doing raspy breathing exercises to stimulate your etheric body, maybe cut back for a while..

On AYP, they would probably say that feeling crazy after meditation is purging blockages and they might suggest resting for 10 minutes after. Rest is probably good. Also, I would ground myself. Hug a tree, eat a heavy meal, hold some smokey quartz or black tourmaline, put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and hold your hands over your tan tien for 20 minutes...

These are just suggestions, as I have no idea about what you are doing in your practices. Perhaps if you elaborated more on your practices someone might be able to help you out..?

TI

The problem is that I really don't know what i am doing. I stare at my third eye and I kind of grope around with my mind for the energy and then I push it into my head via breath. Sometimes it feels as if the energy originates in my head, sometimes heart, sometimes base of spine (kundalini? maybe?). In any case it is extremely powerful and gets very intense, it feels very tingly and warm and comes in surges. I intend to take it easy and to bring it to Max's attention (I am going to the seminar in Del Mar san diego). How do I take my vibrations higher than light? What is AYP? Anyway, I really appreciate your inquiry as I have been trying to get answers for a while and you are the first to show any investment, thank you! How does one ground themselves? also, do you have any information on opening the lower chakras? It has been suggested to me that my upper chakras are wide open while my lower ones, that i need to keep me grounded, are completely closed off. I think that this might be the problem. Any help is appreciated, thank you once again.

Edited by satyagraha

Satyagraha,

AYP is advancedyogapractices.com there's a book and a forum online and it is *the* website for standard Hindu yoga and the many nuances it has. The website recommends balancing stillness practice with chakra practice, resting after meditation, doing grounding activities, and most importantly, reducing practice time if things get too weird.

AYP guidelines seem hard to apply to Chinese practices like Kunlun or standing meditation, but reducing practice time, grounding the energy after practice and resting a bit before jumping back to daily life seem to be applicable.

Most of AYP practices I'm not ready for, but it's good to know about them.

TI,

Just brainstorming... I've heard it said that there's a black sun out there within the normal sun... I was reminded of that when I watched "Thunderbolt of the Gods" recently and they said that the temperature of the surface of the visible sun is 6,000 degrees but that in the black space surrounding the sun "shines" at over a million degrees.

Hi,

*chop*

Has anyone else here discovered this tunnel or the big black void?

TI

If you're going to a Kunlun seminar, you'll enjoy learning Red Phoenix. I've had some similar ni wan experiences. Its blacker than black...its like how much more black can you get? And the answer is none, none more black. :) At least in a certain sense. There was a purple disc there for me while practicing this at the seminar, but its not the same as the black that pokes through...

I havent really 'processed' everything RP is doing thus far, just been practicing...

Edited by joeblast

The problem is that I really don't know what i am doing. I stare at my third eye and I kind of grope around with my mind for the energy and then I push it into my head via breath. Sometimes it feels as if the energy originates in my head, sometimes heart, sometimes base of spine (kundalini? maybe?). In any case it is extremely powerful and gets very intense, it feels very tingly and warm and comes in surges. I intend to take it easy and to bring it to Max's attention (I am going to the seminar in Del Mar san diego). How do I take my vibrations higher than light? What is AYP? Anyway, I really appreciate your inquiry as I have been trying to get answers for a while and you are the first to show any investment, thank you! How does one ground themselves? also, do you have any information on opening the lower chakras? It has been suggested to me that my upper chakras are wide open while my lower ones, that i need to keep me grounded, are completely closed off. I think that this might be the problem. Any help is appreciated, thank you once again.

That is very interesting. It reminds me of gathering cosmic energy. Like in this movie: http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid...179343156674979

How do I take my vibrations higher than light?

The mind is faster than light. Light travels at 186,282.397 miles per second. I can imagine or visualize going to and from the north star in a second, which is 143 light years away. This may not be correct, but, to get rid of the visual stimulation and resulting pictures in my head, I push higher into a place of silence; no vibration, no light, no pictures. Probably doesn't make any sense.. deep silence?

Yes, Yoda, thanks for explaining AYP :)

To ground yourself means to transmit excess energy in the body into the ground, or get rid of it, or store it somewhere, like storing it in your tan tien (or dantien) or burn it up through exercise. I suppose you could even say that you can get rid of excess energy by transmuting it into higher forms like Shen, but that's more of a topic for Drew Hempel.. Also, you can get a black rock like obsidian, black tourmaline, smoky quartz and put it at the base of your feet for a while. That helps ground you. Grounding can also be thought of as the reason there are often three wires on an electric circuit. If there happens to be an electrical spike, the excess is carried off into the ground. Ever hear of lightning rods? They have a wire from the metal going into the ground. Same idea.

You can find lots of information about chakra meditation on the net. I have several books. One I like is "Way of Chakra". There are many ways to activate chakras. Usually, when I do chakra meditation, I use the conventional colors like red for the root chakra, orange for the sacral and yellow for the solar plexus. If I were to do a root chakra meditation, I would focus all of my attention on the root chakra, imagine it red, imagine a chord coming out of it into the center of the earth. Next, I imagine it spinning clockwise faster and faster. Most of the time, well nearly always, these white hands appear and help give the chakra a spin. When the chakra starts spinning faster, you imagine red light coming up from it filling your body with red light. That said, the root chakra may be red, but looking through the third eye, it is a golden four sided pyramid with four dark red petals on each side. It emits golden light and has a thread coming out ot the top. Perhaps that is what it looks like in the astral body?

You can also use crystals to activate and clear chakras. Conventionally, you would use a red rock like garnet or red jasper and place in near the base of your spine. Or, if you want to clear all your chakras at once, try this: Lie down on the floor with no clothes on. Put a black obsidian or black tourmaline at your feet. Put a red garnet at your root; an orange carnelian on the sacral chakra, some citrine on your solar plexus, green moldavite on your heart, lapis lazuli on your throat, apophyllite on your brow and white quartz at the top of the head. Then lie there for 20 minutes. The first time I did that I met my guide and went on three surprising astral journeys. That's another story.. The crystals really enhance your internal vision. Oh yes, if you put a crystal or stone on a chakra and it starts to hurt, that means it's clearing a blockage. Let it do it's work.

You can also use essential oils to help open chakras. I like a few drops of patchouli, sandlewood and lavendar in the bath. I have about 20 different oils that I alternate. After all, smell helps the astral body resonate..

Good luck :)

TI

That is very interesting. It reminds me of gathering cosmic energy. Like in this movie: http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid...179343156674979

The mind is faster than light. Light travels at 186,282.397 miles per second. I can imagine or visualize going to and from the north star in a second, which is 143 light years away. This may not be correct, but, to get rid of the visual stimulation and resulting pictures in my head, I push higher into a place of silence; no vibration, no light, no pictures. Probably doesn't make any sense.. deep silence?

Yes, Yoda, thanks for explaining AYP :)

To ground yourself means to transmit excess energy in the body into the ground, or get rid of it, or store it somewhere, like storing it in your tan tien (or dantien) or burn it up through exercise. I suppose you could even say that you can get rid of excess energy by transmuting it into higher forms like Shen, but that's more of a topic for Drew Hempel.. Also, you can get a black rock like obsidian, black tourmaline, smoky quartz and put it at the base of your feet for a while. That helps ground you. Grounding can also be thought of as the reason there are often three wires on an electric circuit. If there happens to be an electrical spike, the excess is carried off into the ground. Ever hear of lightning rods? They have a wire from the metal going into the ground. Same idea.

You can find lots of information about chakra meditation on the net. I have several books. One I like is "Way of Chakra". There are many ways to activate chakras. Usually, when I do chakra meditation, I use the conventional colors like red for the root chakra, orange for the sacral and yellow for the solar plexus. If I were to do a root chakra meditation, I would focus all of my attention on the root chakra, imagine it red, imagine a chord coming out of it into the center of the earth. Next, I imagine it spinning clockwise faster and faster. Most of the time, well nearly always, these white hands appear and help give the chakra a spin. When the chakra starts spinning faster, you imagine red light coming up from it filling your body with red light. That said, the root chakra may be red, but looking through the third eye, it is a golden four sided pyramid with four dark red petals on each side. It emits golden light and has a thread coming out ot the top. Perhaps that is what it looks like in the astral body?

You can also use crystals to activate and clear chakras. Conventionally, you would use a red rock like garnet or red jasper and place in near the base of your spine. Or, if you want to clear all your chakras at once, try this: Lie down on the floor with no clothes on. Put a black obsidian or black tourmaline at your feet. Put a red garnet at your root; an orange carnelian on the sacral chakra, some citrine on your solar plexus, green moldavite on your heart, lapis lazuli on your throat, apophyllite on your brow and white quartz at the top of the head. Then lie there for 20 minutes. The first time I did that I met my guide and went on three surprising astral journeys. That's another story.. The crystals really enhance your internal vision. Oh yes, if you put a crystal or stone on a chakra and it starts to hurt, that means it's clearing a blockage. Let it do it's work.

You can also use essential oils to help open chakras. I like a few drops of patchouli, sandlewood and lavendar in the bath. I have about 20 different oils that I alternate. After all, smell helps the astral body resonate..

Good luck :)

TI

So much information, thank you! I really appreciate it! I have a lot of work to do. Do you know where i could purchase those crystals by any chance?

So much information, thank you! I really appreciate it! I have a lot of work to do. Do you know where i could purchase those crystals by any chance?

Hi satyagraha, :)

You have to find a Rock and Gem store, or a lapidary shop or ask around. If you live in a major center, you might even do a search on the internet or check the yellow pages (phone book).

It is best that you go in and hold the crystals in your hand before buying one. Crystals have their own vibrations and by holding them, you should be able to feel where or if they resonate on your body. Only buy the crystals that call out to you.

TI

Hi satyagraha, :)

You have to find a Rock and Gem store, or a lapidary shop or ask around. If you live in a major center, you might even do a search on the internet or check the yellow pages (phone book).

It is best that you go in and hold the crystals in your hand before buying one. Crystals have their own vibrations and by holding them, you should be able to feel where or if they resonate on your body. Only buy the crystals that call out to you.

TI

For really amazing quality crystals, check out http://www.gemisphere.com/

The stones they sell are expensive, but their quality is truly woth it. Working with the gemisphere crystals is like working with a living being.