Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Shen and Chi Power.

6 hours ago, allinone said:

Edited 5 hours ago by allinone

Hi allinone,

'Chi power' edited to be focused at the Lower Dantien? Or somewhere else?

- LimA

On 11/24/2017 at 6:14 AM, Limahong said:

My Guru in India said to me once quite fondly that I charge "like an elephant in a jungle". Similar analogy with your Taoist immortal. Are you a wild stallion, Steve - as far as you are concerned? Elephants and wild stallions have natural chi powers?

On 11/23/2017 at 11:17 AM, Starjumper said:

However once a Taoist immortal told me that "a person's spirit should be like a wild stallion racing free across the open plain".

I think I'm getting a handle on what Shen means ;)  I imagine what our teachers told us is a reflection of Shen, and I imagine that an elephant charging through the jungle would be similar whether or not it was a male or female elephant, and so ... like a bull elephant.  Not dissimilar from a wild stallion racing free across the open plain.  This is why I brought up the gender issue, are these teachers sexist, or are they on to something?  On to something I would say.  Notice, by contrast, that they didn't say anything like: "a person's spirit should be like a fat old cow meandering slowly and aimlessly around it's fenced in pasture"

So if we add two plus two we then come to a good definition of Shen, which once again, is not energy.  It's an attitude that comes from having chi power.  The first two would be the two similar things that our teachers told us, and the other two would be that I have more energy going out the top of my head in one second than most practitioners have going through their body in a day (sometimes I exaggerate) and the result of that is knowing things without knowing why I know them (comes in handy sometimes).

So adding 2 + 2 we get that Shen means a certain attitude of gusto, and determination which can result in racing and raging towards the current goal at hand with nearly reckless abandon.  No fences.  Also this does not mean unpeaceful.

I saw an extreme example of this when the white dragon immortal came to see me.  I could see that it was extremely peaceful, as peaceful as an ancient tomb.  Never before have I gotten such a feeling of calmness and peacefulness from a being.  I also knew, on looking, that this peacefulness came from having a tremendous amount of power, like power over life and death that was as easy for him as snapping your fingers.  The pale white dragon is the grim reaper after all.  It has Shen cultivated over thousands of years.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I think I'm getting a handle on what Shen means ;)

Hi Steve,

It always welcoming to receive experiential perceptions/understanding of difficult concepts. They point to practitioners' personal accounts of their own journeys and not interpretations of some popular XYZ. Some interpretations may pertain to regurgitation of the popularity in question. An attempt to understand Shen from a present day perspective/context is timely.

56 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I imagine what our teachers told us is a reflection of Shen...

I am inclined to imagine so too.

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I imagine that an elephant charging through the jungle would be similar whether or not it was a male or female elephant, and so ... like a bull elephant.  Not dissimilar from a wild stallion racing free across the open plain.  This is why I brought up the gender issue, are these teachers sexist, or are they on to something? 

Perhaps our teachers are thinking of alpha males in the animal kingdom. Alpha males are not male chauvinist oinkers. They are shensitively tested/selected by the survival rules of Nature. No politics. Does sexism prevail in Nature? Is it a societal display designed by inhumans?

On to something I would say.  Notice, by contrast, that they didn't say anything like: "a person's spirit should be like a fat old cow meandering slowly and aimlessly around it's fenced in pasture".

I really cannot recall my teacher telling me thus. Fenced pasture is not Nature. Why is it 'cow' here and not 'bull'?

So if we add two plus two we then come to a good definition of Shen, which once again, is not energy.  It's an attitude that comes from having chi power.

Good definition. Can I enhance it a little thus?

"It's a good attitude that comes from having good chi power".

The first two would be the two similar things that our teachers told us...

Acceptable.

... the other two would be that I have more energy going out the top of my head in one second than most practitioners have going through their body in a day (sometimes I exaggerate) and the result of that is knowing things without knowing why I know them (comes in handy sometimes).

You are not exaggerating in terms of (a) the incessant flow of energy from the first to seventh chakras and (b) intuitive knowing.

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

So adding 2 + 2 we get that Shen means a certain attitude of gusto, and determination which can result in racing and raging towards the current goal at hand with nearly reckless abandon.  No fences.  Also this does not mean unpeaceful.

... determination and courage plus passion... raging, charging, clearing... with... abandon restlessly. No fences and defenses. ... does not mean unpeaceful but PEACE?

I saw an extreme example of this when the white dragon immortal came to see me.  I could see that it was extremely peaceful, as peaceful as an ancient tomb.  Never before have I gotten such a feeling of calmness and peacefulness from a being.

They say when you are ready, the teacher will appear. Black dragon meeting white dragon immortal? PEACE brother PEACE.

I also knew, on looking, that this peacefulness came from having a tremendous amount of power, like power over life and death that was as easy for him as snapping your fingers.

Humble incorruptible power?

The pale white dragon is the grim reaper after all.  It has Shen cultivated over thousands of years.

You are understanding Shen from first account?

- Anand

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Limahong said:
6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I think I'm getting a handle on what Shen means ;)

Hi Steve,

It always welcoming to receive experiential perceptions/understanding of difficult concepts. They point to practitioners' personal accounts of their own journeys and not interpretations of some popular XYZ. Some interpretations may pertain to regurgitation of the popularity in question. An attempt to understand Shen from a present day perspective/context is timely.

Good morning Steve,

You have changed the thread title from 'Chi power' to 'Shen and chi power'. A natural progress from a practitioner's experiential perspective - to be shared openly, honestly and truthfully? What if you are challenged from other perspective(s)?

- Anand

16 minutes ago, Limahong said:

What if you are challenged from other perspective(s)?

That's why I put shen in the title, as bait; but they're afraid, very afraid ... or something.  We'll see.

7 hours ago, Starjumper said:

A wild stallion racing free across the open plain.  

Hi Steve,

What if a small child fell in the path of the racer? The wild stallion will still keep on racing and hurt the child?

- Anand

56 minutes ago, Limahong said:

What if strange fishes bite?

Hi Anand,

That would make life more interesting.  

I mentioned the afraid part above because of previous comments of mine about bibliophiles and amateur authors.  But I am interested in hearing about some translation of someone who is an acknowledged high level master.

40 minutes ago, Limahong said:

What if a small child fell in the path of the racer? The wild stallion will still keep on racing and hurt the child?

Well I think that would depend on the details and on karma, or fate, or karma and fate.

Hi Steve,

Images of Jing => Chi => Shen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image result for jing qi shen pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related image

Related image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related image

Related image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93b490196bf4494b2244e5118ad4be21--taijiq

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 3

These are really just all subsets/levels of energy that we tend to treat like there is some linear arising because we tend to progress in a linear fashion.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dawei said:

These are really just all subsets/levels of energy that we tend to treat like there is some linear arising because we tend to progress in a linear fashion.

Good morning dawei,

I walked the line -

Did I walked...

- linearly or obliquely?

- straight or crooked?

- <=, => or both?

- without falling?

- without loosing my Way?

- without loosing some jing?

- ...?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong

11 hours ago, dawei said:

Hi dawei,

Twenty nine words that speak volumes.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 11/28/2017 at 11:01 AM, Limahong said:

Images of Jing => Chi => Shen

On 11/30/2017 at 3:07 AM, dawei said:

we tend to progress in a linear fashion.

Hi dawei,

I have bore in mind that the above progression may not be linearly manifested.

But based on the images copied, is it possible to suggest:

(1) 'Chi' is more in the domains of these chakras - 1st, 2nd, 3rd and (4th)?

(2) 'Chi power' pertains more to these chakras - (4th), 5th, 6th and 7th?

(3) Both (1) and (2) are facilitated by a 'body-mind' union?

(4) The crossover from 'chi' to 'chi power' is more with the 4th chakras acting as a causeway?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi dawei,

I have bore in mind that the above progression may not be linearly manifested.

But based on the images copied, is it possible to suggest:

(1) 'Chi' is more in the domains of these chakras - 1st, 2nd, 3rd and (4th)?

(2) 'Chi power' pertains more to these chakras - (4th), 5th, 6th and 7th?

(3) Both (1) and (2) are facilitated by a 'body-mind' union?

(4) The crossover from 'chi' to 'chi power' is more with the 4th chakras acting as a causeway?

- LimA

My point was folks tend to progress linearly... because they practice linearly.  Sorry to not have explained that bit.

I'm going to give a different picture.  

(1) Chi is throughout the body, in every domain... beyond self and chakras

(2) Chi power... seems a fade idea... but in keeping with your assignment, that seems ok to suggest it is in the higher chakras... but my root buzzes every day...  so some may realize the lower chakras as power.

(3) I'll go along with that... but the third wheel is the universe, after all...  spoiler to point (1) 

(4) Point 4 is about chakra 4... nice touch, even if not intended.   The heart is the 'general' that directs all the troops. enuf said.

• Like 3

My point was folks tend to progress linearly... because they practice linearly.  Sorry to not have explained that bit.

Hi dawei,

There is better clarity now. Linearity - more in the physical sense?

Chi is throughout the body, in every domain... beyond self and chakras

I accept this - chi is beyond our perception of it . Chi is only a subset of its universal possibilities?

... my root buzzes every day...  so some may realize the lower chakras as power.

Power thus - maybe. Is it because the 2nd through to the 7th chakras have yet (a) to buzz  and (b) in tandem?

I associate the incessant buzzing of my root chakras as a return to my original self as a boy. As a child I knew no power; but I can link the buzzing with the sexual sensation when my Dad raised me speedily above his head.

I'll go along with that... but the third wheel is the universe, after all...  spoiler to point (1) 

Sorry I cannot follow. Please elaborate.

The heart is the 'general' that directs all the troops.

With the heart language of SILENCE ~ as expressed in another thread (Heart Language - started by neti neti, July 12 2017}? The heart language is 'military' in its command?

A good weekend.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Some more...

Related image

===========================================================================

Image result for Taoist shen

===========================================================================

Related image

OINK OINK...

160321 Yoga Thoughts

==========================================================================

Related image

==========================================================================

Wise words regarding the practice of meditation

Save these 30 daily affirmations for positive words to remember just how special you are.

A great weekend.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Some more...

Hi All,

The progression is multi...

Do you know your (a) own path, (b) path to be or (c) still exploring?

- LimA

• Like 1

This idea is just what I watched on a youtube video a while ago, but I quite liked it.

Imagine looking on at see-saw from the side going up and down, its position is can be represented on a piece of paper in 2 dimensions.

Now imagine looking at a circular plate that is balancing on a pointed object in its center, this is a 3 dimensional system.

Now, if you look at the balancing circular plate from the side, you can reduce the 3 dimensional plate back to a 2 dimensional system of a see-saw.

This is then how you can compare the Yin Yang of the taiji to the five elements of earth, metal, water, wood and fire. Yin Yang is a 2D representation of the 5 elements, or the 5 elements are a 3D representation of Yin Yang.

• Like 1

reminded me of this most excellent video on Riemann surfaces - this vid shows how complex number functions really cant be understood well in 2d....or 3d, for that matter, but a good 3d goes light years further than a decent 2d :D

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this