AdmiralPrabhak

Start of A Journey

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum so dont know what to expect. A little backstory on me: have been searching for truths in life for a long time, have a nagging urge to delve into spiritual and philisophical circles like this. Have read about Christianity, Hinduism, several yoga practices, Taoism, and various practices within it. I feel that chi kung could give me the most immediate help in opening the doors to further searching. But I cannot sense my chi. I have only begun practicing, and I understand that it may take time and definitly will take practice. I am regularly practicing, but I have heard stories of people who have not felt their chi for several years. Some may say that it will come to each at their own time, but I believe that this is an excuse for unawarness of effective methods. So my request is for anyone to give me insight on how to fasttrack my awareness of chi, may it be through books, opinions, or experience. Thanks so much!

• Like 3

Hello AdmiralPrabhak, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Admiral,

You will find some truths here.  But you will have to weed through the BS.  There is lots of talk about practices here so you should find it easy to get involved and present your questions.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AdmiralPrabhak said:

how to fasttrack my awareness of chi,

Hi AdmiralPrabhak,

Good introduction.

But possible to fasttrack thus?

- LimA

• Like 2

To "fasttrack my awareness of chi", here are a couple of tips. 

1. Conserve your sexual energy 

2. Practice a lot everyday....for several hours. 

Here's a list of tricks you can do to create time and space in your life to grow your practice. No matter what anyone says (don't be a sucker), it takes time and effort to achieve basic sensitivity to subtle energy....and then there is more down the road. 

Edited by WayofChi
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

No matter what anyone says (don't be a sucker), it takes time and effort to achieve basic sensitivity to subtle energy....and then there is even more stuff down the road. 

Hi WayofChi,

Yes, no short cuts.

- LimA

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, WayofChi said:

Hi WayofChi,

Just had a qiuck scan of "Time for Practice".

Really great stuff to read at my own time.

Will start at the next sunrise.

Good night.

- LimA

• Like 3

Welcome. Just place your awareness in the subtle sensations in your body. Soon you will feel a lot.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oak said:

Just place your awareness in the subtle sensations in your body. Soon you will feel a lot.

Good morning oak,

True experiential advice - many other words in between these words:

"Soon ... you .... will ... feel ... a ... lot".

I am a guy and part of the new awareness pertains to elemental ying.

- LimA

• Like 2

Wow. What a great community! Was not expecting this much response. Thanks for the great advice. I am prepared to stick it out through the long haul if thats whats required of me. I am a 21 year old who is beginning to earnestly practice chi kung. My situation right now doesnt allow me to seek a master near by. If anyone is willing to be a mentor/guide/partner in my practice, I would be greatly appreciative. Please direct message me if youd be so kind. Im very eager to learn! 

• Like 2

I first started learning chi kung via book and dvd and received lots of benefits without the direct instruction of a teacher. Here is a core exercise from Spring Forest Chi Kung. Basic but powerful, cheers. ;) 

• Like 2