Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

The limits of free speech

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

I have a lot of Jewish friends who would vehemently disagree with you. A good friend of mine who is also Jewish was in the army in WWII and was wounded twice.

What does their ethnicity  have to do with first amendment rights

in the US.  Are they US citizens? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, windwalker said:

good an honest and simple answer.

I hope next time someone starts a thread  with 

addressing free speech and hate groups.

The BLM is also included along with the antifa 

equal opportunity and all. 

How about you give an honest and simple answer now...do you have a preference for white supremacist groups over BLM?

If not, then you shouldn't see any problem with how I posted. This thread is current events, and those events were a big white supremacist rally.

17 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

How about you give an honest and simple answer now...do you have a preference for white supremacist groups over BLM? 

no I do not, however they like other groups also are protected by the constitution whether I agree with them or not.

To me both groups are the same, both I don't care for nor agree with. 

If not, then you shouldn't see any problem with how I posted. This thread is current events, and those events were a big white supremacist rally.

You started from a point of bias, I see that as a problem...if not acknowledged 

However, there is a bias going on quite dangerous if not acknowledged.  The President used the word "all" when talking about hate groups, racist and bigots.  He was forced into labeling some groups over others, a bad move but understandable for a simple public.  

What is going on now is quite dangerous, more so if not acknowledged   

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

This thread is current events, and those events were a big white supremacist rally.

You might want to check on what the rally was about, 

Kessler, supported by the Rutherford Institute and ACLU, sued the City of Charlottesville and Jones on First Amendment grounds in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia. On the evening of August 11, the night before the rally, Judge Glen E. Conrad granted an emergency injunction declaring the Unite the Right rally could go forward.[45] Conrad granted the injunction for the rally due to several factors: that Emancipation Park was the location for the statue of Robert E. Lee that was planned to be taken down

rule of law,,,,whether one agrees with it or not. 

Edited by windwalker

14 minutes ago, windwalker said:

You might want to check on what the rally was about, 

That's a front. Anyone who thinks this was solely about a statue is fooled.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

That's a front. Anyone who thinks this was solely about a statue is fooled.

ok I bite,  

not knowing anything more about it then what was reported.

What was it about,,,really about?

Isn't the point of freedom of speech one of to allow others  to listen, to make up their minds what it was about, not have someone tell them what it was about, or accuse them of being fooled.

freedom of speech  by those who would tell others what its about.  Interesting how it plays out

when put into action.

Edited by windwalker

49 minutes ago, windwalker said:

ok I bite,  

not knowing anything more about it then what was reported.

What was it about,,,really about?

A gathering for white supremacists, because they think they're gaining power in America. It was called "Unite the Right", not "Save the Statue".

It wasn't about historical preservation. Come on. Let's think clearly, and be honest.

49 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Isn't the point of freedom of speech one of to allow others  to listen, to make up their minds what it was about, not have someone tell them what it was about, or accuse them of being fooled.

The point of having free speech is so that reasonable speech isn't punished unjustly.

It's up to the individual if they don't listen, etc. They have that freedom.

By the way...I hope it's clear (and I know it probably wasn't) I'm not calling you a fool, as an attempt to be personally insulting...but am saying that people who try to pass off the event as being simply about a statue are either attempting to fool others, or are themselves fooled by the person who came up with that idea. In my view, anyone who is saying that is subtly attempting to promote the white supremacist agenda...they're trying to silence condemnation of the event with some weak excuse.

Not fooled.

Those of us who've lived thru oppression, racism, the crap going on is just ridiculous reminders of how much we still are going thru. The prejudice and racism hasn't ended in any way.

We have the right to free speech in this country, to peaceably assemble. But the morality of what people assemble for and speak about isnt policed and is up to the individuals. if there should be a moral authority, I don't know. I do know that white supremacist are separatist, they want to work thru controlling the politics of the country to keep those of us who aren't white in check. 

It's how they operate. Every once in a white some radicAls make a spectacle but the truth is they are just there to further the agenda, an provoke anyone who stands against them to distract from something going on.

An old acquaintance was a kkk member til his life was saved by a African American doctor who wouldn't give up on him. He spoke how they're organized and how they're in everything nowadays. I joked it was like Templars in assassin's creed, an he said it wasn't so far off. 

He explained that every time they do these spectacle protest things or make public, it's for destruction from something and recruitment.

He said they Molded our view of freedom and they give us those freedoms, we're in their world and they are only keeping things as they are for larger agenda. Sounded crazy but I've seen enough to know he was mostly right. He says they aren't concerned with winning, as far as they are concerned they've won and that they are just implementing their ideas which is set to a 25 year plan or something.

He said that a few years back. He said they're in it for the long hall. They even helped get Obama elected and in office to ramp up the national racism tension. Like a fire under a pot to get things boiling.

Edited by Hancock

21 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

It wasn't about historical preservation. Come on. Let's think clearly, and be honest.

yes, lets be...

In my view this group feels its being erased 

and is seeking to prevent the common history of the US good or bad

from being changed that relates to it. 

Where will it stop.

In my view this group feels its being erased 

and is seeking to prevent the common history of the US good or bad

from being changed that relates to it. 

Not sure what you're talking about. What group?

I do know that white supremacist are separatist, they want to work thru controlling the politics of the country to keep those of us who aren't white in check. 

I believe the system used is called voting.  

So your not white,,,sounds like the ol race card is being used,

hope its not the case.  

the real question is one of being an  American and understand what it means to be one.

What do the black supremacist want?  

There are black supremacist aren't there

or is it just a white thing....

Edited by windwalker

40 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

A gathering for white supremacists, because they think they're gaining power in America. It was called "Unite the Right", not "Save the Statue".

the group...the one your talking about,  my  earlier post referred to.

So you have a problem with "Unite the Right"

but not with Black lives matter,,,I am honest don't care for either one,

seems like they both say the same and want the same things...

Edited by windwalker

41 minutes ago, Hancock said:

He said they Molded our view of freedom and they give us those freedoms, we're in their world

The only one in their world are those that feel they are.

If one is authentic and frees themselves, they will

understand the world they live in

is one that they make.  

11 minutes ago, windwalker said:

So you have a problem with "Unite the Right"

but not with Black lives matter

We already addressed that...truly weird that you're saying it again.

By weird, I mean you're really coming off as a white supremacy apologist. Why else would you divert attention away from the issue at hand? BLM sucks, but it's not what's being discussed in regard to current events.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aetherous said:

We already addressed that...truly weird that you're saying it again.

I guess considering you forgot what group you brought up that I addressed that you again asked about

it needed to be said. 

yep truly weird....agree  

15 minutes ago, windwalker said:

I believe the system used is called voting.  

So your not white,,,sounds like the ol race card is being used,

hope its not the case.  

the real question is one of being an  American and understand what it means to be one.

What do the black supremacist want?  

There are black supremacist aren't there

or is it just a white thing....

Dude you just don't know how it is. It's called a rAce cards by those trying to downplay the crap we go thru dAily. We were freed but we are reminded every day that we are nearly powerless an treated like animals.

Blacks, or mixed like me, get the second class treatment, we're the bad guys in media an movies, we're the ones people are afraid to walk down the street with an go to the other side at night, we're the ones who suffer living indignities, an being kept down from success because the standards are set by those who hate want to keep us as lesser.

Those who do reach success in our community, do so because they play by white rules. It's a way out for some of us.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

I have a lot of Jewish friends who would vehemently disagree with you. A good friend of mine who is also Jewish was in the army in WWII and was wounded twice. And, given that he was raised in France, he was asked to translate for the Nuremberg Tribunals. I would submit that he has a much different perspective than most. 

What an interesting gambit.  Let's see how it plays out...

I have lots of Jewish friends who say your Jewish friends are fucking idiots who think they can trade freedom for security and deserve neither.

Oh, wait...  Maybe that was Benjamin Franklin.

I have lots of Jewish friends, including one who was there when the Second Temple was torn down and he says...

No, I take that back.  He was moved to Israel from Germany as a child, in 1947.  He was in the Army during the '67 war and was Intelligence during the little '73 thing.  He's the ailing husband of a co-worker and we have had a number of discussions about the state of the world and the state of the nation.

He thinks you leftists are a bunch of clueless cry-babies who need to grow a set while you still have the chance.

Yeah, actually, I am quite certain David would approve of that statement.

1 minute ago, Hancock said:

Dude you just don't know how it is. It's called a rAce cards by those trying to downplay the crap we go thru dAily. We were freed but we are reminded every day that we are nearly powerless an treated like animals.

Dude, maybe you should stick to talking about what you know and understand what you do not.

Like my own ancestry and ethnicity, which I feel no need to bring up....its not by the color of your skin but by the content of their character.  remember.

lets start since you brought it up. 

When were "you" freed

Who is treating "you" like an animal 

Maybe the good folks here can suggest 

what to do....and how to cope with it. 

The only one in their world are those that feel they are.

If one is authentic and frees themselves, they will

understand the world they live in

is one that they make.  

Man you just don't see it. You ever been to the hood? Or to a town full of white people who openly say the n word, an then meaning as a compliment to you (because you stl treat them like a human being despite their overt racism), they say you're one of the good ones?

I've had cops throw weed down an say it was mine. I've been threatened directly that if I date white people here, I would be killed. An they've tried. I survived, they didn't.

Don't racecard bullshit me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

Dude, maybe you should stick to talking about what you know and understand what you do not.

Like my own ancestry and ethnicity, which I feel no need to bring up....its not by the color of your skin but by the content of their character.  remember.

lets start since you brought it up. 

When were "you" freed

Who is treating "you" like an animal 

Maybe the good folks here can suggest 

what to do....and how to cope with it. 

Content of character doesn't help when dealing with racist jackasses.

They go skindeep.

Btw natives got overtly screwed, but they get treated better still than us. If you ain't been thru it personally, keep your idealistic nonsense to yourself.

Everyone is human, but sad truth is some of us are still subjugated an treated lesser than. If we shut up an say nothing to those who come at us, then it kills our spirit as a people. An we've been thru enough.

One day the world might judge us by the content of our character, but that day ain't here yet.

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Man you just don't see it. You ever been to the hood? Or to a town full of white people who openly say the n word, an then meaning as a compliment to you (because you stl treat them like a human being despite their overt racism), they say you're one of the good ones?

I've had cops throw weed down an say it was mine. I've been threatened directly that if I date white people here, I would be killed. An they've tried. I survived, they didn't.

Don't racecard bullshit me.

maybe you need some help....some of the people here do distance healing.

"An they've tried. I survived, they didn't."

wow   what happened why didn't they survive.  

10 minutes ago, windwalker said:

maybe you need some help....some of the people here do distance healing.

"An they've tried. I survived, they didn't."

wow   what happened why didn't they survive.  

I'm learning self cultivation an healing myself but that's good to know there's healers here. Something to look into.

I'm not here to talk bout how I've had to defend my life. I brought it up to help make the point that unless people experience things there idealism doesn't give them the full picture.

Maybe you'll understand it this way bro, you build up as during masturbation but when you get it, it's similar but different than your expectations. Reality versus expectations.

So idealistically in our world we would be equally human, regardless of race, religion, gender, or sex, disability or ability, height, etc we'd be cool with each other. But the reality is there's agendas, organizations, rogue idiots, an groups that keep that from occuring

30 minutes ago, windwalker said:

I guess considering you forgot what group you brought up that I addressed that you again asked about

it needed to be said. 

yep truly weird....agree  

There's a major disconnection in the communication between us, and that's not something I had anything to do with.

18 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Btw natives got overtly screwed, but they get treated better still than us. If you ain't been thru it personally, keep your idealistic nonsense to yourself.

Everyone is human, but sad truth is some of us are still subjugated an treated lesser than. If we shut up an say nothing to those who come at us, then it kills our spirit as a people. An we've been thru enough.

And there ya go,  "keep your idealistic nonsense to your self"  on a thread about free speech.

Kinda ironic 

I do have a question, whats up with this "we"  are there others your representing, they cant speak up.

"An we've been thru enough"  

enough of what,,,,again with the we....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I'm learning self cultivation an healing myself but that's good to know there's healers here. Something to look into.

I'm not here to talk bout how I've had to defend my life. I brought it up to help make the point that unless people experience things there idealism doesn't give them the full picture.

Maybe you'll understand it this way bro, you build up as during masturbation but when you get it, it's similar but different than your expectations. Reality versus expectations.

So idealistically in our world we would be equally human, regardless of race, religion, gender, or sex, disability or ability, height, etc we'd be cool with each other. But the reality is there's agendas, organizations, rogue idiots, an groups that keep that from occuring

I think if you spend some time in the military like I have like 20yrs or so,  and some others here have.

It might help address some of  the issues you've mentioned while you get a  chance to defend others rights

as I did  and others have to voice things that you might not agree with. 

Sign in to follow this