Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Window problem

Today a problem arose between this forum and my computer.  I'm using a Mac computer with the Safari browser.

Today the pages got a lot wider than the window I was using, and even wider than the entire screen so I would have to slide it back and forth to read each line of text.  It looks like this:

DB2.jpg

If I make my window a bit narrower then the lines of text all fit on the page but the header links disappear, you can see that the buttons that say forum, etc are missing,  like this:

DB1.jpg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edited by Starjumper
spelling

The strangeness escalates.  I found this is only a problem on the Taoist Discussion section, it doesn't happen in general discussion or on the other forums.  

Now it stopped happening, it must have been some glitch on my computer ... because I was spending too much time on the Taoism forum.

• Like 1

Threads with graphics in them that have not been cropped will do that.

Once that happens it will continue for all the remaining posts in that thread.

Forced cropping might be something the Techs can activate so it never happens.

• Like 2

Has happened to me a couple times, but reloading the page seemed to fix it.

Also Mac/Safari... 

• Like 1

kind of funny this was raised...  I asked Sean about a wider foot print...  I like white space but we could widen... particularly with the PPD listing causing scroll down.  At least Dae recommended we put that to the bottom and so, ergo, the re-organization. 

• Like 2

I've had this too... think Marblehead is right on the link to video sizes.

Just a few topics were affected for me.  Reboot, browser restart and cache/cookie delete didn't help, but since my last log in, no instances.

I'm on Windows and Firefox.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this