Limahong

Human relationships with God flow with tears

Hi thelerner,

"The two sexes do have different inherent strengths and weaknesses that they can play to".

Yes, I experienced this spectrum in my Mom and Dad.

And played it to my own advantage as a kid growing up.

But when it was time for me to take care of them, they turned the table on me.

It is alright with me - they can do that to me anytime.

But they are no more ...

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error
  • Like 1

Western and Eastern Society made tears a TABOO which is NOT To Be Spoken Of. If they see tears on your eyes, they shred you to pieces. "Boys don't cry", "Don't be so sensitive, girl". I actually do not think God ( whatever Divinity you bow) wants any of your tears. On energy therapy level, tears are the mechanism to release energy. Note, not only bad energy, but good energy as well ( i.e. tears of joy). As a super sensitive fluffy myself, I cry a lot. Many times for no reason. Like when I see a cute bunny on TV... I know, right...

So, perhaps exploring the path of "Tears and God" is valid, but perhaps chasing rainbows is a better alternative?  

meow

• Like 2

To me tears are the outflow of one’s internal expressions of yin-yang emotions. They are deeply rooted in one’s own psyche.

I need to touch teary base within myself by myself to understand myself. Nobody can do it for me.

Thus I googled and found this article from John Piper stirring in my touching base with myself. John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary.

To make the length of the article relevant to a posting, I have it truncated; I also leave out religiously delicate sentences (if any). Trust this is alright with Mr Piper.

Talking to Your Tears

May those who sow in tears

reap with shouts of joy!

He that goes forth weeping,

bearing the seed for sowing,

shall come home with shouts of joy,

bringing his sheaves with him.

There is nothing sad about sowing seed … There can be great hope of harvest. Yet the psalm speaks of “sowing in tears.” It says that someone “goes forth weeping, bearing the seed for sowing.” So why are they weeping?

I think the reason is not that sowing is sad, or that sowing is hard ... Sowing is simply the work that has to be done even when there are things in life that make us cry. The crops won’t wait while we finish our grief or solve all our problems. If we are going to eat next winter we must get out in the field and sow the seed whether we are crying or not.

This psalm teaches the tough truth that there is work to be done whether I am emotionally up for it or not; and it is good for me to do it …

I cry for no reason at all. But the field needs to be sowed. That is the way life is. I do not feel like it, but I will take my bag of seeds and go out in the fields and do my crying while I do my duty. I will sow in tears.

If you do that, the promise of the psalm is that “you will reap with shouts of joy” … Not because the tears of sowing produce the joy of reaping, but because the sheer sowing produces the reaping, and you need to remember this even when your tears tempt you to give up sowing.

When there are simple, straightforward jobs to be done, and you are full of sadness, and tears are flowing easily, go ahead and do the jobs with tears. Be realistic. Say to your tears:

“Tears, I feel you. You make me want to quit life. But there is a field to be sown (dishes to be washed, car to be fixed …). I know you will wet my face several times today, but I have work to do and you will just have to go with me. I intend to take the bag of seeds and sow. If you come along then you will just have to wet the rows.”

Then say, on the basis of God’s words –“Tears, I know that you will not stay forever. The very fact that I just do my work (tears and all) will in the end bring a harvest of blessing. So go ahead and flow if you must”.

But I believe (I do not yet see it or feel it fully)—“That the simple work of my sowing will bring sheaves of harvest. And your tears will be turned to joy.”

- LimA

• Like 1

20 hours ago, qicat said:

... but perhaps chasing rainbows is a better alternative?  

meow

You done good.  Gave me a chuckle. 

On 5/26/2017 at 10:37 PM, Marblehead said:

You done good.  Gave me a chuckle. 

Hi Marblehead,

In north, south, east and west.

Rain before rainbow is the test.

Cheers to tears?

- LimA

Yes, rain before rainbow unless you are looking at a moonbow thru the mist of a waterfall.

And yes, I suppose, good alignment.  I try to keep is simple with just the R G B.

Hi Marblehead,

R G B - refer to the three 'tantiens'?

If so,

R = lower tantien?

G = middle tantien?

B = upper tantien?

The three tantiens coloured thus?

Apology - one question too many.

- LimA

• Like 1

Hi Marble again, again & again,

"Moonbow thru the mist of a waterfall",

Night time - see what?

Unless YOU can see "moonbow" anytime through, for example, meditation?

- LimA

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, rain before rainbow unless you are looking at a moonbow thru the mist of a waterfall.

And yes, I suppose, good alignment.  I try to keep is simple with just the R G B.

Nice arrangement .  But why no primary yellow ?   

And with the 7 chakras  .....        :o  hey !  ....    Rainbow and chakras both have 7 letters !    ( missed that - coffee much not have kicked in yet ) .

Apparently the Rainbow Bridge   from Earth's  positive terminal  to cosmos  had a lot of traffic the other night  ... but I too far north to see it :( 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-29/tasmani-aurora-australis-pictures-facebook-hobart-skygazing/8567888

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Nice arrangement .  But why no primary yellow ?   

And with the 7 chakras  .....        :o  hey !  ....    Rainbow and chakras both have 7 letters !    ( missed that - coffee much not have kicked in yet ) .

Apparently the Rainbow Bridge   from Earth's  positive terminal  to cosmos  had a lot of traffic the other night  ... but I too far north to see it :( 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-29/tasmani-aurora-australis-pictures-facebook-hobart-skygazing/8567888

If you wanna use yellow, it goes with cyan and magenta. That's subtractive.

;)

EDIT: That's an incredible sky, BTW!

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

If you wanna use yellow, it goes with cyan and magenta. That's subtractive.

;)

Don't forget about black. 

RGBs only good for digital. For printing you need cmyk. 

• Like 2

Hi Fa Xin,

Thank you for reminding me about CMYK color model which is this:

150px-CMYK_color_swatches.svg.png

Color printing typically uses ink of four colors: cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black).

150px-CMYK_subtractive_color_mixing.svg.png

When CMY “primaries” are combined at full strength, the resulting “secondary” mixtures are red, green, and blue. Mixing all three gives an imperfect black.

Read Wikipedia account for a colorful time.

(Thanks to you too Brian - for bringing this word - 'subtractive' - back to me. It had been subtracted from my living consciousness until you came along).

- LimA

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

R G B - refer to the three 'tantiens'?

If so,

R = lower tantien?

G = middle tantien?

B = upper tantien?

The three tantiens coloured thus?

Apology - one question too many.

- LimA

It depends on the system.

For example, the one I am taught is 

LD-blue color ( kidneys/water)

MD-red color( heart/fire)

LD-white color ( divine connection)

There are actually of different "heaviness" when you work with colors that way. Goes from low ( heavy) to lighter ( light as weight) energy.

/*******/

You ask a lot of questions, but I sense there is some disconnect in your emotions and your mental state by your posts. Have you checked heart fire lately? Is everything ok in your kingdom?

Concerned citizen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Don't forget about black. 

RGBs only good for digital. For printing you need cmyk. 

Yes, one is additive and the other subtractive.

• Like 2

I didn't catch that at first Brian! I never thought about it in add/subtract terms. Very cool. 

i used to work at a pre press department.  Some of our customers would send their files in RGB. It was always a nuisance, we would be forced to convert and change all black text from a mix of 4 color to 100% black. 

• Like 1

Hi qicat,

I ask questions because I do not want to be a dupe coping in silence. The same opportunity for asking the same question(s) may not come my way again.

Since young I am encouraged to ask questions respectably. I am also reminded to ask for right answers hopefully from the right people.

And if I am uncomfortable with something somebody says, I will keep a respectable silence. No two persons are the same. Even I change with time.

If someone posts something of interest to me, I will like to know more. I want to be on the same page with that person so that I can learn from her/him.

I enjoy the sharing of/from others with great humour.  TDB abounds with great humorous characters. I particularly enjoy the sassy words of Mr Moonbow.  I like to pull his leg with teasing questions in return.

I do not have a kingdom. I am just a poor vagabond in the street begging for answers in the direction of the Void.

I am not into tantiens but chakras. Thank you for your concern anyway.

- LimA

• Like 2

Well keep asking.  All the answers are out there somewhere.  Finding them is the challenge.  And also, we will rarely get an answer until after we have asked our question.  And answers can be misplaced (not necessarily wrong) as well.

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead,

Have you a ‘best all time’ answer?

I have. You like to know the answer?

But first, I must let you know the question, right?

This question was addressed to my mother:

“Can I go and play football?

Her best answer – “Yes, but don’t forget dinner OK?”.

Now when my son asks me the same question, this is my response:

“Have finished your homework?

Any naughty boys around here?

Brian - you are one, right?

Why are you so “very naughty”?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Bolden text.

I like your mother's reply better.

Homework is punishment for the teachers not doing their job during class hours.

Hello,

We have traveled a long way from tears, but maybe not as I have tears of laughter reading all of your replies. Thank you!

I feel like tears come when I am overwhelmed with feeling. they have a washing effect on the emotions. I especially like the tears that sneak up on me unexpectedly, they feel so pure. I have four boys, now men, all raised the same, and two of them cry very easily while the other two need a good reason.

Back to the tears to God question: The name Leah in the bible mean's "One who cries and God listens." I believe tears are a sacred form of prayer or communication that is a call for love from deep within. Men and woman equally so.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

Were you an ex-teacher?

- LimA

The only ex-teacher (instructor) I can properly claim is that of an instructor at the US Army's Signal School.

Edit to add:

We never gave homework.  The students had enough other stuff to do while not in class.

Edited by Marblehead

Hi QiBody,

I specially like your - "I especially like the tears that sneak up on me unexpectedly, they feel so pure".

You sounded as just my mother. Now a tear has sneaked up on me.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.
  • Like 1