Sign in to follow this  
rex

Boredom and Loneliness

Shifting through some old compilations of quotes I found this:

Happiness is a state of mind, not a state of your relationship.

A tough comment from Lama Yeshe in 'Becoming Vajrasattva, the Tantric Path of Purification':

"Why are we bored, lonely and lazy? Because we don't have the will to totally open our hearts to others. If you have the strength of will to totally open your heart to others, you will eliminate laziness, selfishness and loneliness. Actually, the reason you get lonely is that you are not doing anything. If you were busy, you wouldn't have time to get lonely. Loneliness can only enter an inactive mind. If your mind is dull and your body inactive, then you get lonely. Basically, this comes from a selfish attitude, concern for yourself alone. That is the cause of loneliness, laziness and a closed heart."

[Lifted from here.] 

Edited by rex
tpyo
  • Like 3

i agree, i still figuring out how to open the heart so that it won't shut down anymore. Does that mean that there is one long heart beat, that actually means the physical heart doesn't beat anymore but is sucking in and out without pause or disconnection edit: from the mind so the both sides are connected forming wholesome circuit.

Edited by allinone

15 minutes ago, allinone said:

i agree, i still figuring out how to open the heart so that it won't shut down anymore. Does that mean that there is one long heart beat, that actually means the physical heart doesn't beat anymore but is sucking in and out without pause or disconnection edit: from the mind so the both sides are connected forming wholesome circuit.

The opening of the heart is more like a radiating out. Kind of like a sharing with others. Sort of like a hug to the world.

It can also feel like vibrations or pressure at the heart, but it does not really affect the actual heart beat.

• Like 4

the action of my heart is constant simultaneous expansion and contraction.

a bellows, like my breathing...

contraction inward, assimilate and process.

expansion outward to envelop and engage.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The opening of the heart is more like a radiating out. Kind of like a sharing with others. Sort of like a hug to the world.

It can also feel like vibrations or pressure at the heart, but it does not really affect the actual heart beat.

you enforce my point what i want to make so tnx

i don't have subtle energy visions, that what you talk about is for me just raising my head and seeing others and then able to listen them.

The energy system or the substance what runs in me(in my body), what i feel is the result of cultivation. That substance is my eyes, they reveal for me things what are hidden. If i don't feel the substance, i then know what to do, i need to cultivate to get it out to get things moving.

Well i am blind tho then. My physical eyes see physical things. So opening the heart would mean for me a physical change.

There doesn't exist astral realm for me. I cultivate physical realm in order to get the physical substance i feel it in me.

----------

knowing what hugging means, due experience from physical reality, i can have the feeling, movement etc in my mind so i know what it is and also can therefore affect my body accordingly.

I can see the descriptions of opening heart consists physicality and therefore physical laws apply, but its only on imagination, so from this point is where you have a dark thick wall in front of you and in short your opening heart is on different universe and your physical actual reality is in other.

Sign in to follow this