Sign in to follow this  
Sublimation

Hello, here finding a way out of depression

Hi Brian,

I buy this from Sub -

"It is true. I guess I forgot how important it is to build a stable self that is focused on itself first and not bothered by the outside too much, because if something has to change it is me first to get everything going".

I did something similar by emptying my mind and reintroduced myself to myself.

It wasn't easy but it just started to work one fine day - out of the blue.

I am still getting along in that direction. Sometimes with difficulties, but generally it is OK.

My favorite button on the keyboard is - 'delete'.

- LimA

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead,

Your life is already complete.

You have already gotten 'emptiness'

You lucky fella.

I still have to avoid many things.

I want to reach the 'void'.

- LimA

• Like 1

Yeah, based on the average for retired enlisted Army personnel I am already immortal - should have died a long time ago.

I don't talk much about emptiness as it is an important Buddhist concept - I talk about fullness.

I have found that the older I get the fewer "wants" I have and this really lessens my anxieties.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2017 at 5:26 AM, Sublimation said:

Hello people!

I am searching for some way to cope with my depression and anxiety. I was taking a lot of medication over the last year which never really helped for a long time. I really try to find another way in my life and hope I will find some interesting topics here. I used to do Baguazhang and Shaolin Kung-Fu when I was a little younger. I also did Qi Gong for some time. So i got a bit into Daoist and Buddhist thinking and ideas. At the moment I am doing none of the above but looking forward to do so maybe.

Hope to find some interesting people here.

Have a nice day!

Hey Sublimation.

Kind of "out there advice"... but have you tried soul retrieval? I just did one last week.  I will probably write more in few months as the process is still WIP, but  I could feel the difference the moment my Hun was sent back to the body. And the next day it was like being wrapped in a cozy blanked inside ( one of weiqi fields under skin feeling(?)) . 

Basically, when something traumatic happens, your Hun leaves the body and hangs out around and it needs to be sent back to the body, otherwise POs  take over and run the show. Do you have access to someone who would be knowledgeable about soul retrieval? Perhaps you can look for some senior teachers in your area and ask them for references? They would know someone who might help. I guarantee you, if soul retrieval done properly, your depression will lessen.

Best,

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

Hi Marblehead,

You had indicated - I rarely 'delete'.

Yet in your subsequent posting, you wrote - I have found that the older I get the fewer "wants" I have and this really lessens my anxieties,

Are you a natural rolling stone or are you born dualistic?

Any difference(s) between the Buddhist ‘emptiness’ and the Taoist ‘void’?

Do you know why you are not yet a immortal?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Marblehead,

You had indicated - I rarely 'delete'.

Yet in your subsequent posting, you wrote - I have found that the older I get the fewer "wants" I have and this really lessens my anxieties,

Are you a natural rolling stone or are you born dualistic?

Any difference(s) between the Buddhist ‘emptiness’ and the Taoist ‘void’?

Do you know why you are not yet a immortal?

- LimA

Damn!  Someone is reading at least one of my posts.  Maybe I should think before I type?  Nah.  Spontaneity is more fun.

I have always suggested that our brain functions in a dualistic manner.  We cannot avoid dualistic thinking.

I suppose it would be fair to say that I have always been a natural rolling stone.

I don't know how one would be born dualistic.  Twins with only one body?

I rarely speak of Taoist "void".  We have the Manifest and we have Mystery (yu and wu).  Is there more?

I'm not an immortal because I do not believe in the concept.  You gotta believe before you can be one.

I have been immoral during my younger years though.  Does that count?

• Like 1

Good morning Marblehead,

Unfortunately yes. You were immoral before. But apparently your corrupted past had dissipated quite nicely. Why? Peace & contentment are now within your grasp. Dream on - you are getting there (for your good work and repentance at TDB).

At this juncture wuwei will  serve you well as a polarised reborn again Taoist.

A great weekend.

- .LimA

• Like 1

My weekends are just like my weekdays.  Ain't that strange?

And yes, I wuwei a lot. 

My corrupt past is the past because I'm too old to be immoral any more.

It's nice to find peace and contentment while still in this manifest form.

Your good morning is my good evening.  Almost supper time here.

Be well!

Hello Sublimation,

I am picking up this thread even though it seems to have slowed. I have compassion for your situation as I have seen several close friends through depression. First i will echo some of the previous advice about exercise and fresh air, rain, sun etc.

I am a practitioner and teacher of Qigong and Nei gong.I am a Christian with an open mind and heart who see's the ancient Taoistist writings as manna for the soul and a practical guide to awakening in

Christ. But above all I am a practical woman when it comes health and wellness. 

Looking at the state of depression; the word depression itself. you can just feel the inertia and heaviness of it. I was a body worker for 26 years and I feel peoples energy fields easily. a sensitive person will feel the actual energetic state of depression is dense. that is the reason why movement is helpful. commit to what is doable for you, not someone else, but get moving in your physical body. Especially in nature as nature already carries a higher vibration that can lift you. Second, I have personally been witness to helping people with depression and anxiety through Qigong and some Nei gong. You say you like them so that is a win/win. A good cultivation program will raise the Qi and relieve stagnation in lower dantian. I don't know where you live, but there are many good teachers.

and thirdly we must love who we are in all states and be completely honest. Perhaps there is a deep truth you receive in some of your depressed states and you do not want to be entirely cut off from it. Being deeply empathetic with the world could draw one into a depressed state that makes one feel connected. Perhaps not trying to get rid of your depressed states, but find a healthy balance. I teach a breathing meditation where you sink deep into the earth and lose the body to the earth, allowing your energy body to wash and renew. Sinking can be very helpful.

Lastly, there is a man named Matt Kahn on you tube who is brilliant for helping the mind out of stuck places.

Love and Peace

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 8:46 PM, Sublimation said:

I guess I forgot how important it is to build a stable self that is focused on itself first and not bothered by the outside too much, because if something has to change it is me first to get everything going.

Hi Sublimation,

Trust things are moving along just fine for you.

Please don't forget to remember how important it is

(I) to build a stable self that is focused on itself first and not bothered by the outside too much, because

(ii) if something has to change it is me first to get everything going.

Still very proud of you Bro.

- LimA

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Limahong said:

Please don't forget to remember

Hi Sublimation,

I revisited you because newcomers to TDB might have missed you - your coming open at this forum for self-help.

When you have helped yourself thus, I am certain that many others can walk the same path.

Nothing like something experiential and exemplary.

You shone on both platforms.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.
  • Like 3

Hey Lima!

Thank you for your kind words, and sorry for my late response. I didn't check the forum for quite a while. I actually feel very very good for a couple of weeks now. I managed to find a person that is doing foot reflexology and she helps me very much! I managed to get sleep and stay focused. I am much happier and don't take too much too serious anymore. I also found a Baguazhang teacher 1 hour outside of my city where I train now :) Thank you all for that. The change all started here with you people. I am really feeling happy on most of my days and I really enjoy my time at the moment :)

Much love to you all!

• Like 3

On 7/28/2017 at 6:04 AM, Sublimation said:

I actually feel very very good for a couple of weeks now.

Hi Sub,

Sure glad to see you in my notification.

Very very happy to note that you are very very good.

You have started the ball rolling; and it is still rolling towards - freedom.

Good job Bro.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 6:19 AM, Zenmode said:

You have made my day stranger

Hi Zenmode,

Is it because you perceived Sublimation as the stranger on the shore?

If so, enjoy him thus:

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.

3 hours ago, CedarTree said:

Couldn't remember if I said welcome :) so Welcome! :) hah

Hi Cedar Tree,

I take it to mean that you are requesting for an encore of 'Stranger on the Shore'.

Why encore? Because - :) and :)

Taoistically (rightly/wrongly), here it comes:

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.

7 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Zenmode,

Is it because you perceived Sublimation as the stranger on the shore?

If so, enjoy him thus:

- LimA

It's caused I smiled involuntary when I read the post of how well things are going, a rare occurrence for me to smile without it being deliberate, and a genuine happiness for someone else doing good after doing not so well.

I'm not sure why you asked me lima, but I get joy when things that have nothing to do with me turn out good for others.I don't know why but I feel good too hearing good news.

Hi there!

As for depression I had a very severe bout of illness/depression about 16 years ago and I was mostly bedridden for 2 years feeling hopeless. But I had one clear thought after almost 2 years in bed: If I don´t die I will do good things in the future. The problem was that I had engaged in a work that was not upright before becoming ill and that job caused many people suffering although I didn´t try to do bad things consciously. I got the black karma from that work and had to suffer terribly.

I got well first in my mind when I overcame my fear of death and later on started to eat better stuff like bee pollen grains. I got physically cured instantly and then had energy to start working and creating a family. Later on my next depression started because I felt life was meaningless and empty no matter how much material success I achieved. That is when I started digging into spiritual stuff and started to practice Qi Gong and study the old scriptures from China. Later on I developed further and started meditation etc. Step by step I found the meaning of life which is to live for others - my current understanding. My spiritual beliefs have also changed completely and I now find Gods and Demons as real as anything else, it´s just that they are hidden from most people because of this special period of time. 

Right now I have discovered that the conspiracy theories that people talk about have some touch of reality although many theories are fake - but not all. There really is a group of people having long term plans from at least centuries back to take over this planet. And they have power and money and look quite menacing - but hey material stuff is all an illusion right:).... The next ten years look extremely interesting to me and I feel blessed to be able to live right now.

There is hope as long as our minds are upright I believe. The worst thing that can happen is that the human body dies but the spirit won´t die! It will continue and continue to live.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Return said:

(i) There is hope as long as our minds are upright I believe. (ii) The worst thing that can happen is that the human body dies but the spirit won´t die! It will continue and continue to live

Hi Return,

I like your focus on the mind. Mind over body?

(i) Having an upright mind is always a challenge. There is no compromise. The only way forward - but failing/falling along the way before being upright again and again.

(ii) The spirit resides in the mind?

- LimA

17 hours ago, Zenmode said:

A rare occurrence for me to smile without it being deliberate, and a genuine happiness for someone else doing good after doing not so well.

Hi Zenmode,

Now it is my turn to smile effortlessly - a genuine happiness per this progression: Sublimation => Zenmode => me.

17 hours ago, Zenmode said:

(i) I'm not sure why you asked me lima, but (ii) I get joy when things that have nothing to do with me turn out good for others. (iii) I don't know why but I feel good too hearing good news.

(i) I perceived you to be a Happy Cookie and I like to take a jab at happiness.

(ii) Now it is confirmed that you are a Happy Cookie.

(iii) This is what a Happy Cookie does best.

- LimA

Sign in to follow this