thana

Thailand

Thailand is a wonderful country. Too many people call it the "Land Of Smiles".

Sawadika!

This Means "Hello" In Thai.

I am a Thai. & I Love To Contribute All Things Thai Particularly Thai Spiritualities & Thai Cultures To This Forum. If Dao Bum Welcomes Thais To This Forum. Many Of Us Also Practise Martial Arts & Qigongs & Mediations.

• Like 3

Hello thana, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi thana,

We welcome people of all cultures.  In your case you will be required to say something nice about Tony Jaa.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

K.Thana,

Welcome to the Dao Bums.

can you share with us about Thai herbalism or traditional Thai therapies? The country seem dotted with tourist trap massage parlours, but surely there are still masters, who use local herbs, massage techniques, etc., no?

Many thanks!

Seeking Silence

• Like 1

I have actually stayed at a Thai Buddhist Monastery though in a different country.  Thai people are some of the most welcoming and kind people, plus the food is insanely good!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CedarTree said:

I have actually stayed at a Thai Buddhist Monastery though in a different country.  Thai people are some of the most welcoming and kind people, plus the food is insanely good!

Good to hear.  My 17 year old is there now.  Touring and doing some volunteer work.  Setting up mushrooms farms I believe.  Hope he learns well, he could set some up here  :).

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 5:31 PM, SeekingSilence said:

The country seem dotted with tourist trap massage parlours, but surely there are still masters

Hi SeekingSilence,

Surely. Must be. Why? Thailand is the only country in our region that has not been colonised.

Looking forward to thana sharing thus:

On 4/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, thana said:

I Love To Contribute All Things Thai Particularly Thai Spiritualities & Thai Cultures To This Forum

Soon, thana?

Thank you.

- LimA

5 hours ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

Thana's actually (possibly) from Korea ...

Hi Apeiron&Peiron,

Thank you on the actuality/possibility.

Marblehead has advised me thus - "You must walk the Middle Path". Now I am middle-pathed.

As such, I think thana is a Thai national living in Korea. So -

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

Looking forward to thana sharing thus:

On 4/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, thana said:

I Love To Contribute All Things Thai Particularly Thai Spiritualities & Thai Cultures To This Forum

Soon, thana?

Soonest, thana?

- LimA

7 hours ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

Thana's actually (possibly) from Korea ...

Hi Apeiron&Peiron again,

On thana again -

"The art of progress is to preserve order in Country T amid change in Country K and to preserve change in Country T amid order Country K".

Yes/no?

- LimA

19 hours ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

Thana's actually (possibly) from Korea and you probably won't hear back any time soon...

Hello Apeiron&Peiron,

This is my last post on this thread.

Apparently thana is extremely busy in Korea.

I have been advised on Internet thus:

"Here's about 20 ways to say goodbye in Thai Language. Just type in the word goodbye - http://www.thai-language.com/dict ".

So I am now typing in - goodbye.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.