Orgasmic19

Trans and Taosim

On 2/1/2023 at 8:07 AM, Vajra Fist said:

Yeah it's an interesting one, personally something I've been considering a lot lately.

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy at the moment. I lost a bollock a few years back from cancer and I've had androgen deficiency since.

I've had reassurances from reputable internal arts teachers that it won't pose a problem, even at the later stages of neigong. But I think the question would always bother me if I took that path.

The purpose of working with the body's subtle energies is to bring things into balance. The hormonal system is a major part of that.

But injecting synthetic hormones doesn't produce the exact same effect in the body as natural production, should your nuts be working properly. For one, your testosterone levels are high across the entire day, rather than rising and falling in cycles like a normal person's do.

I'm not sure how a sophisticated system like neidan would work with that major external influence. 

But then, how would it work if your body was damaged, and couldn't produce naturally sufficient levels of hormone? Surely that would be as much of an aberration. 

Also, what about stimulants like caffeine, or depressants like ibuprofen, or a diet insufficient in protein or other micronutrients. 

Internal arts are hugely complex. It's like trying to put together a sophisticated machine in the dark - you can't see all the parts or how they go together exactly. You need a teacher to guide you.

Personally, I've drifted away from Chinese systems and more toward Indic practices.

Meditation seems like something that any body can do, and insight doesn't depend on having a perfectly attuned body.

Also hatha yoga - it's much less subtle, and there's less of a risk of making a mess internally. But is equally supportive of meditation.

Sorry I diverged a bit, not talking specifically about transgender. I have no views on that, just sharing my thoughts on hormone treatment specifically and internal work.

It is a very good comment.  Taoist religion, philosophy, Qigong and martial arts in general can be applied to homosexual or physical gender change.   Sometime earlier a member asked about how to set up an altar for Rabbit God, which is a homosexual god.  Over the ages, the Chinese societies are familiar with homosexuality, though not exactly like it.

But things like Neidan or even Kundalini work with the endocrine system, enzymes, hormones.....  The exact working is still not known.  So these practices could interfere with any physical or chemical alteration.   I would suggest staying away from these.  Or just immerse in pure mind stilling meditation, like wu wai or Zen or other Indian ways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Indiken said:

I do not know about Taoism, but I believe(or hope) homosexuality is or at least shows signs of being a simply disbalance of meridians. In other words a disease/deviation.

1. You realize that transgenderism is not homosexuality.

2. Homosexuality is not a disease. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I once consulted with an ayurvedic practitioner who casually wondered if I would still be gay after completing her dosha balancing program.  Might herbally-infused sessame oil massages and bland lentil soups ignite a latent passion for the fairer sex?  Devotees of the world's ancient medical traditions will, I hope, forgive my skepticism.  One can scarsely raise the question without raising social justice hackles.  In any case, my partner would not welcome the marital cataclysm of acute heterosexual desire, and, on Valentines day no less, I've no wish to upset him.

We naturally seek to cure that which is taken to be disease.  I don't wish suffering on anybody.  Still, I think we are stronger and richer as a society for the health challenges of some of our members.  People with down syndrome, neurological differences, all sorts of maladies really, give something important to humanity through, rather than in spite of, their infirmities.  Is homosexuality a disease?  I vote no.  But whether it is or not, I think gay people -- and trans too -- also bring something special to the larger human family.   

Sam Finelli Soars In Kacey Musgraves' Rainbow For Stunning Performance - American Idol 2022 - YouTube

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2017 at 5:43 AM, Orgasmic19 said:

How can a transgender women relate to the tao and balance energy from within and outer?

It may be worth considering the various bodies of the human and the patterns from previous lives.

For example I see a lot of women with past lives in nunneries.  They are much more used to emotional relationships with women than with men.   And they need quite a lot of practice to find suitable male partners.

Also, Western education is based on male thinking processes.  That is quite disturbing for more intelligent women.

So your question perhaps is better placed in the context of recent past lives and the processes of unfoldment.

Then we come to nature spirits passing through the human race to learn voice and intent.  For example, tree spirits when they enter humanity typically have tall thin bodies and ambiguous sexuality.

And there are spirits from outside the galaxy coming into Earth humanity for quite specific tasks.  An example is HP Blavatsky whose Master said that she was the only Westerner in a suitable body at that time - even though somewhat emotionally crippled.   After 1000 pages in one volume, her Master repeatedly refers to her as "he".

So each situation needs careful analysis and not a lot of judgement

• Like 1

Please take note - homophobic and transphobic rhetoric are not welcome here. 

Referring to either as a disease violates our community standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2