Leks

Hello everyone!

Hey there!

I honestly don't know how to start this thread, since my brain is a little overloaded with new information.

When I was searching for Yin cultivation methods I was directed to this forum and I'm happy that I found out about it.

I'm a person who thinks a lot about life and philosophy. I read through the bible, the Koran, the torah and other miscellaneous books and topics about religion.

I'm not a religious person, but this is only something I found out for myself after researching it.

After thinking about the state of the world, the composition of the universe and the composition of every being I lost myself for a while. I was confined in the thought of being a small insignificant existence in a giant universe which might be infinitely big.

I believe in karma. I treat others however I want to be treated, since everything bad and good will come back to you.

I believe in foundations of energy. Everything exists as mass and energy.

After reading about stuff regarding the energy and body, I found the closely related matter of Cultivation, Yin and Yang energy and Qi.

Extreme yin births yang and extreme yang births yin.

Through this phrase I got hooked on the premise of wanting to cultivate extreme Yin.

I am at the very beginning and don't know much about cultivation of inner energies.

Yang stands usually for many aspects of life, movement, energy, growth, life, warmth, day, the sun.

While Yin stands for rest, relaxing, death, cold, night, the moon.

Since in today's society people lose sight of their female yin energy and concentrate more on their yang, it leads to a lot of problems.

I am sure there are many more meanings to yin and yang and I am happy to find out much more about it.

Also, sorry for the long introduction, I am a little overtaxed at the moment so I hope after a good nights rest I'll have a clear head to read through more discussions, texts and informations!

I'm happy to join you guys.

• Like 4

Hello Leks, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Leks,

Lots of folks here who enjoy talking about Chi (energy).  (Know Yang but prefer Yin.)

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome.

Yes, it is easy to feel insignificant when considering the whole.

Proper rest, nutrition and acceptance are useful I have found, on my search for finding and maintaining peace. 

• Like 2