Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Do you find the concept or real time travel interesting?

Time Travel  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find time travel fascinating?

• Yes.
    • No.

Despite many references in pop culture, time travel seems to intrigue people.  Many people have different ideas about time travel.  In a way most pop culture references tend to have an enigmatic approach.  But what if time travel was not something so difficult?  What if it were something that could just be given away?  What if it were something that was only possible if it were given to you?

Of course that opens up a realm of possibilities.  Some good and some bad.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

What if you had to endure the following results?

1.  3 year amnesia

2.  31 year (or however long ago you decided to travel as long as you were still alive) endless trapped in time loop.

3.  You have to inhabit the body you lived in at the time you are traveling to.  You still age as normal, with mitigating factors.

Would you still do it?  If not, would you do it to save the world?  Even if there was no way out of the time loop?

[writing a book]

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

What if I wasn't born before that time?

So whatever time-travel I spend I have to have the equivalent of that in a time loop, what kind of time loop? Time loop isn't of great concern I can still be productive if a day repeats for 1 month or more. Just do different things each day.

3 years amnesia every trip? that seems a bit much ha. I would record everything, paper/video.

Yes, I would do it to save the world.

e34e7a20e63c4a0c15660e1a8547ba9b.jpg

Edited by Sionnach

"Back to the Future" - one of my favorite movies!

On a "spiritual" related note, I constantly have dejavu's. Sometimes it is annoying, like knowing what will be said and such... Most of my dejavus I think are from seeing it in a dream first and then being in exact situation later. Sometimes I think it is a glimpse from the meditation. 

Given that there are those( selves) who travel in the past, those who travel to the future, those who run in parallel dimensions( my teacher always talks about it, so there must be something behind it - spirits going on their own business left and right. He says he sees them all the time in a concept of medical chigong treatment, but usually just observes them, unless they give him a message for the patient)...

I think it is possible that "time travel" is nothing more than a dimensional change concept. For example, for those of you who have seen spirits/deities in your meditations/rituals. Where do they come from? Even if they are generated by collective subconsciousness ( which I doubt, I think they are unique individual entities/beings), why do they look appropriate to their "epoch"? I.e. would you recognize Buddha or Jesus in jeans and a t-shirt if they show up to you? I think they are time traveling...

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

"Back to the Future" - one of my favorite movies!

On a "spiritual" related note, I constantly have dejavu's. Sometimes it is annoying, like knowing what will be said and such... Most of my dejavus I think are from seeing it in a dream first and then being in exact situation later. Sometimes I think it is a glimpse from the meditation. 

Given that there are those( selves) who travel in the past, those who travel to the future, those who run in parallel dimensions( my teacher always talks about it, so there must be something behind it - spirits going on their own business left and right. He says he sees them all the time in a concept of medical chigong treatment, but usually just observes them, unless they give him a message for the patient)...

I think it is possible that "time travel" is nothing more than a dimensional change concept. For example, for those of you who have seen spirits/deities in your meditations/rituals. Where do they come from? Even if they are generated by collective subconsciousness ( which I doubt, I think they are unique individual entities/beings), why do they look appropriate to their "epoch"? I.e. would you recognize Buddha or Jesus in jeans and a t-shirt if they show up to you? I think they are time traveling...

How would you reconcile most spirits concept of "no-time" with time travel?

What I mean is I could go into a huge explanation...

What if I wasn't born before that time?

So whatever time-travel I spend I have to have the equivalent of that in a time loop, what kind of time loop? Time loop isn't of great concern I can still be productive if a day repeats for 1 month or more. Just do different things each day.

3 years amnesia every trip? that seems a bit much ha. I would record everything, paper/video.

Yes, I would do it to save the world.

e34e7a20e63c4a0c15660e1a8547ba9b.jpg

The time you travel to could only be at a point that you were alive, but you would relive the same time loop forever and at the beginning you would have 3 years of amnesia.  So if you traveled 10 years into the past you would relive the same 10 years over and over again...  But then there would be no known way to exit the loop.  You would be trapped forever.  Worse you would know it.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

What if you had to endure the following results?

1.  3 year amnesia

2.  31 year (or however long ago you decided to travel as long as you were still alive) endless trapped in time loop.

3.  You have to inhabit the body you lived in at the time you are traveling to.  You still age as normal, with mitigating factors.

Would you still do it?  If not, would you do it to save the world?  Even if there was no way out of the time loop?

[writing a book]

I'm assuming from the questions that you mean travel to the past. The way out is obvious, time travel again: either leave or arrive at a different time than the previous 'loop'. Or, leave yourself a note to not do such a stupid thing as to create a time loop.

As an aside, how does your fictional character get caught in a time loop? Most versions of time travel cause distinct if not extreme divergence from the previous time line.

I'm assuming from the questions that you mean travel to the past. The way out is obvious, time travel again: either leave or arrive at a different time than the previous 'loop'. Or, leave yourself a note to not do such a stupid thing as to create a time loop.

As an aside, how does your fictional character get caught in a time loop? Most versions of time travel cause distinct if not extreme divergence from the previous time line.

In 2048 the ten year old eminence (religion has been banned so we cannot call him the Dalai Lama) seeks out 24 people to send back to the past to set natural rules of society back in order.  The followers of Buddhism fall back upon old Vedic texts excavated, and choose to use an ancient Tantrik Indrajaal of sorcery to permanently send these to the past to stop the decaying current future.  It is a one shot, forever loop for these unless they find the book after securing the future and use the last of the Astra in the book to become a god and release the remaining souls trapped in the time loop.

In 2048 the ten year old eminence (religion has been banned so we cannot call him the Dalai Lama) seeks out 24 people to send back to the past to set natural rules of society back in order.  The followers of Buddhism fall back upon old Vedic texts excavated, and choose to use an ancient Tantrik Indrajaal of sorcery to permanently send these to the past to stop the decaying current future.  It is a one shot, forever loop for these unless they find the book after securing the future and use the last of the Astra in the book to become a god and release the remaining souls trapped in the time loop.

Strictly speaking, its the sorcery that is causing the looping, not the time travel. That makes more sense.

I guess we will wait for the the book to find out what happens.

Despite many references in pop culture, time travel seems to intrigue people.  Many people have different ideas about time travel.  In a way most pop culture references tend to have an enigmatic approach.  But what if time travel was not something so difficult?  What if it were something that could just be given away?  What if it were something that was only possible if it were given to you?

Of course that opens up a realm of possibilities.  Some good and some bad.

Where, or when do you want to time travel to ?

Where, or when do you want to time travel to ?

Right here but 30 seconds into the future. Nothing would change and no one would know (or believe me) but I would know...
  • Like 3

10 years is no good to me to save the world, so I say no. :D

I'd be 18 :D ha, hm it may be good for spiritual development, while time keeps looping every 10 years, you can keep practicing meditation, I think you'd eventually figure it out/ go beyond it.

Hm maybe you could save the world with that somehow.

Edited by Sionnach

what about this thought? (i play with it sometimes, i never get anywhere)

thinking in linear time: at some point in the future, mankind might really discover and use time travel. someone might go back to the past and change (enough of) it, that i (you/someone) never get born (the way i am now). I'd (you/someone) become like a story that never happened. and yet, i am alive now.

Anyone seen the movie, Arrival? Watched it last night and found it quite interesting.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this