Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Spaceship Earth

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

The Emperor

The void has always been quite lovely for me.  :D

• Like 1

I'm not one for supporting delusions and illusions but I came across this idea in the past and it seemed like fun...not that I beleive it of course. I don't believe in anything anymore - only what everyone else does so I can still play along. Anywho, enjoy the idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

Edited by Foundit
  • Like 1

Cool video above, Foundit.  I've seen it before and like it says, it turns our static view of the solar system on its head.  I'll have to look in the comment section to see what astronomers think of it. 

Here is one astronomers thinking more indepth and skeptical report on the video: http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html

• Like 1

I'm not one for supporting delusions and illusions but I came across this idea in the past and it seemed like fun...not that I beleive it of course. I don't believe in anything anymore - only what everyone else does so I can still play along. Anywho, enjoy the idea

I have been presented that before but discarded it.  Now, however, I do accept it but my question is:  Does it really matter?

And a nice rebuttal thelerner.  That was my initial objection when I first saw something like that video.  The facts are correct, the illusion is false.

I have been presented that before but discarded it.  Now, however, I do accept it but my question is:  Does it really matter?

Yeah, I'd say it matters a little bit because it is factually incorrect but presented as "Truth." (Not by Foundit but by the video's creator.) That in itself isn't a problem, either, except that its slick presentation makes people believe it and spread the misconception. It is wrong from the very first statement -- it is analogous to "fake news."
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this