mvingon

Today's giggle

So, I made that phone call, had to leave a message. In the meantime, I got an email from the forum, saying white rabbit has replied to an earlier post. Clicked the link, was taken to a page that said I'm not allowed to view the topic.

Really? Lol'd. That's why people on Facebook are so woefully full of disinformation! Block anyone who is of differing opinion, friend EVERYONE who agrees with hive mind.

Dao Bums are awesome! Thanks for enlightening us all with your immortal wisdom! So glad you made *logical* posts, so that I can see the truuuuue way! :-D

Probably just means you need to sign in. Happens to me all the time.  :D 

• Like 3

Probably just means you need to sign in. Happens to me all the time. :D

Yep, that's almost certainly what happened, especially considering the forum software doesn't have a mechanism whereby a Bum can block another Bum from reading a particular post.

It is a bit of a giggle, mind you, just not the way the OP envisioned it.

• Like 1

I thought so too. Same thing. Then I thought, maybe I clicked the wrong link. No. It is what it is, and to me, that's funny. At least I got awake with a laugh, this morning. Grinning ear-to-ear, now.

Not bothering to message the admin. Cliques abound, and if I have to agree with everything people want me to agree with, to be in the IN clique, it's just not going to happen. I'll tell the truth as I see it, and if more information and logic and critical thinking changes my mind, I'll correct what I've said, if I remember posting misinformation or disinformation. But I'm simply not falling all over myself and anyone else to fit in.

That said, if I need more information on something to form an informed opinion, I'll ask and search the internet.

Thanks for your reply.

The thread in question was hidden by one of our stewards inadvertently, so that might be why you could not view it. The thread is back open now.

FYI, the area you posted in, Daoist Discussion is governed by owner permissions and some posts might be hidden if they are off topic, so don't be surprised if you post there, veer off the subject, and it disappears.

• Like 4

Thanks. Well my analogy, which I used the Christian Bible to make was hidden. Guess that was considered off topic. The reply was also hidden. I'm still laughing. It's okay, I'm done with it.

Screenshots, if you want them. I don't feel they need to be made public. "Always leave a exit route, unless you intend to slaughter or be slaughtered." I don't know who said it. Someone smarter than me.

Edited by mvingon
  • Like 2

Cliques abound, and if I have to agree with everything people want me to agree with, to be in the IN clique, it's just not going to happen. I'll tell the truth as I see it, and if more information and logic and critical thinking changes my mind, I'll correct what I've said, if I remember posting misinformation or disinformation. But I'm simply not falling all over myself and anyone else to fit in.

Sounds good...in my experience, you don't have to agree with anyone to be a Daobum. It's a forum of diverse people and ideas. I'm personally not part of a single clique here.

• Like 4

Sounds good...in my experience, you don't have to agree with anyone to be a Daobum. It's a forum of diverse people and ideas. I'm personally not part of a single clique here.

We have cliques?!? Sweet! Is there, like, an application form somewhere? I've always wanted be part of one.

Do they get to wear special jackets or something?

• Like 1

No way, but they do get to comfort each other with "you are right, they are wrong." Here's the thing: we're all us, we're all them.

We have cliques?!? Sweet! Is there, like, an application form somewhere? I've always wanted be part of one.

Nah they wear these.

post-11664-0-65315800-1482198882_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

No way, but they do get to comfort each other with "you are right, they are wrong." Here's the thing: we're all us, we're all them.

yes...    no reason to poke fun at the issue,except folks want to.   But to push an agenda or poke fun at an agenda... seems the same.... but in either case, I will observe the fun folks have on their side of it...  which means... they continue to create sides, in a way...

• Like 1

I hear the jackets are blue and the boots are yellow...

:D

• Like 3

Not red? For kicking butt?! Blue jackets or hats, white tees, and red boots should do it. Nothing says americ... Wait, I can't type that word, here. Nothing says exceptionalist, like red, white and blue, hunh? :-P

I do rather prefer to laugh, than cry tears of despair. Which, in real, actual life today was a bit of a challenge. Still, I'm smiling, now. Nope. Grinning.

Still, your point is noted. I'll let that percolate, as well.

I hear the jackets are blue and the boots are yellow...

:D

Sounds like a bunch of loonies...
  • Like 2

They've got it in with old man willow...

They might want to be careful with that one.