3bob

True desire

desire is often put down with unqualified high sounding double talk ... which is foolish as I see it since true desire is alignment with Spirit,  for Spirit desires Spirit  or - spirit unto spirit - further True desire and its satisfaction is not to be denied being that it is aligned with pure life force which springs forth with Joy and returns with joy...so fast that it standing still everywhere at once.  So is there really falsity in desire per-se or is it that True desire is misunderstood and hidden behind passing and temporary desires?

And who would dare harm and or beat the desire of life force/Spirit out of a soul?

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Good question, I would keep it simple and say that which feels good feels good. Expect less and assume less and paradoxically you receive more. Which unto itself says enough, if its kept simple like that people will definitely value their emotions for the valuable guidance that they offer in life. You naturally would gravitate towards that which feels better. Now when you talk about thoughts and imaginings, often that which you imagine you want or that thought which feels good to you, is simply the first step on the path of least resistance towards ALL OF YOU meaning YOUR TRUE SELF / DESIRE. Your truth / purpose / joy, etc. However, it is always helpful to assume less and expect less and simply consider the image like a carrot on a stick, your soul wants you to go places, not actually get the carrot and eat it and then stay where you are forever. That would be boring, I guess.

So when a thought feels good or pleasant, it does not necessarily mean that that thought is truth of who you are, but rather it could be considered as the absolute bottom layer of the totality of all that you are, or the first step you need to focus on right now, perhaps one simple experience that would be very valuable for you to gravitate towards, perhaps only to discover that you actually want the complete opposite, or perhaps just cause you need to see something in that specific local area where that experience exists, or perhaps, infinite other reasons you dont need to consider as that is not your job as the physical you who simply came here to enjoy this journey and detailed multi sensory experience. The reason why something feels good is beyond me, but as you trust the guidance in its pure natural uncorruptable state, you will always walk the path of least resistance towards all that you want, which is not always a straight path. As the mind is not designed to create the totality but rather go through experiences, know what has happened. Thus it is helpful if you expect as little as possible, as you go through or you feel inspired or drawn to do a certain thing, as when you expect too much you miss the truth of why something felt good to you, rather feel good go with the flow, expect nothing, and you accelerate your journey tremendously which results in greater joy and intensity of joy, and perceive in ways that feel best to you and you will become the ultimate antenna for joy, it dangles its carrot here and there and behold you find paradise in localized time and space, without even looking for it, which is simply as you say an alignment of body and spirit, living your truth in that moment, being who you were naturally created to be, who you were ment to be in that moment, magical could be said of the experience, but normal is what it actually is, the experience of dulness is the true exception of this universe and is the true magic of rarity and is the true weirdness and confusing and impossible occurance.

Just do whatever feels better. If something arises that you need to let go of or need to deal with, it will arise, if it doesn't arise, you don't need to deal with it as it has got nothing to do with you. And holding on to what is not of you, is a waste of time cause there will always be infinite things that are not of you, none of your business, and when it becomes your business, you will enjoy it utterly for all that its truth is as your truth is of that aswell and you came here as all of existance exists to experience itself in the infinite ways that it can. Be easy about all of this and enjoy the journey, you were ment to have fun. :)

And especially dont beat up on your self if you are not having fun. Simply let go and allow. Let go and allow. Including all of what I just wrote here.

It's just a rambling. Let go and allow. You need nothing but your own heart to know what feels how. Feel your way through life. You are ment to feel good. And you will feel good if you let go and allow as you allow to let go of what is not of you and allow to come what is of you and you will live your purpose and joy and truth and alignment with soul. Make the goal not to feel good, but always to feel for what feels simply better, as this is more aligned with your souls natural inclination for expansion. Cause a depressed person finds great relief blaming and a blissful person finds great relief in rapture. So keep it simple. Feels better or feels worse. Nah. Feels better, allow, apply consciousness here. Feels worse, let go, don't hold on as even a focus on it is unrequired effort that you are unnecessarily applying. Emotions can be extremely specific, perceiving the wrong thing can have negative consequences for your overal perceptive experience which may cause other uncountable issues, thus you will always feel bad when looking at something you were not ment to see or look at. And it is the slight effort of focusing that you apply that is the effort that is to be let go of when something feels bad and is not of your excitement to watch or see or consider or think about in that moment, for infinite possible reasons you need not know about. It is simply no use to talk about this stuff cause in reality it is infinitely more simple than one can possibly express. Simply feel what you feel. You know what you feel, unless some people ignore what they feel, which will always cause one to ignore discomfort, which will simply result in a magnification of emotional feeling into physical feeling such as physical discomfort of pain in neck or wherever in your body, and if ignored further, simply expands. In short. You will eventually feel what you are feeling. Is simply natural. Might aswell pay attention sooner rather than late when its all messy. And then you got all of that to deal with. And then ur in tye hospitle and ur like, yeah soul. I feel it now, I understand... xD

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Honestly, complex can be fun too.

If you consider the amount of moments in 1 second. One moment being like a multisensory picture. The amount of moments in 1 second are equal to the amount of seconds that have passed from the beginning of time till now. Those are allot of seconds and that means that 1 seconds contain allot of moments. You actually have to go through each one of those moments to pass from one second to the next. That is your core vibration. It is fast, pure, STRONG, POWERFUL, TRUE.

Now consider your perception, which may be cloudy. Thus you experience pain suffering, etc. Which are actually illusions. However, as your perception begins to actually perceive more of what is actually right here and now, you perceive less and feel more. Cause you cannot define in words or images that which is so fast and intense and continuesly expanding evolving becoming better in all of its aspects and feeling better and better and better, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for your long reply and detailed reflections Everything... lots to ponder there :-)

The idea of simplicity (among some others) strikes a strong note.  And there are sayings along the lines of, "when hungry eat, when tired sleep", etc.. (aka. natural and wholesome desires/needs)

On the idea of assuming less or expecting less some caution should be considered being that the slippery slope of nihilism could come into play... thus I'd say something more like assume a certain equality so to speak which may be part of what you meant?  Such an equality that is not poker faced or aloof - but is often kind with an easy smile and centered  attitude for many of the things that transpire. 

It's very early in the morning and I'm going to sign off for now being that I desire a rich, hot cup of coffee ;-) 

Nice to see that you both have a similar understanding of the concept of "desire" as I have.

I have said numerous times before:  "Reduce our desires."  I have never said to destroy them.

• Like 1

desire is often put down with unqualified high sounding double talk ... which is foolish as I see it since true desire is alignment with Spirit,  for Spirit desires Spirit  or - spirit unto spirit - further True desire and its satisfaction is not to be denied being that it is aligned with pure life force which springs forth with Joy and returns with joy...so fast that it standing still everywhere at once.  So is there really falsity in desire per-se or is it that True desire is misunderstood and hidden behind passing and temporary desires?

And who would dare harm and or beat the desire of life force/Spirit out of a soul?

How about... quiet the mind of personal desires so that you can feel the natural flow of your soul and align with spirit...?

• Like 1

How about... quiet the mind of personal desires so that you can feel the natural flow of your soul and align with spirit...?

Yes, this is great. The mind is not so important.

I find that one of the few mechanical descriptions for alignment with sprit that is commonly applicable is the collapsed experience of space and time. Everything seems to be happening here and now, high dose synchronisity. Like your entire life story is compacted and weaved or woven into those few moments of the present where you are experiencing allot of synchronisities as is common during alignment with spirit. Like a crossing road of some sorts, where you are suddenly able to take any path as you are at the center of all of it. Often for me coupled with allot of appreciation that is felt and flowed in that moment from and to all directions. Certainly a beautiful experience to be had and certainly memmorable, also visually.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Nice to see that you both have a similar understanding of the concept of "desire" as I have.

I have said numerous times before: "Reduce our desires." I have never said to destroy them.

I have found it increasingly beneficial to reduce and let go of expectations and assumptions. I make less mistakes this way. Much less.
  • Like 1

Yes indeed, expectations and assumptions is another concept that causes us conflicts not only inner conflicts but conflicts with those we place those expectations and assumptions upon.

Yes indeed, expectations and assumptions is another concept that causes us conflicts not only inner conflicts but conflicts with those we place those expectations and assumptions upon.

So true.

What is the desire of the Great Tao?  (or should we just be dismissive by saying it's unknowable and transcendent) 

not really if one reflects on the aspects spoken of in Tao Teh Ching,  for those aspects did not happen by random chance,

also one has to think outside the standard box concernig the word desire - which is in no way only limited to human beings that might have a desire for Hostess Twinkies.  (or whatever?)

• Like 1

Maybe the Tao/Dao hasn't desire. Does the unfertilized egg have the desire to be embryo, foetus, born, die, be preserved/decompose? Does it really matter?

Will... That's a whole other story. Someone (no idea who, just remember the quote) said: Discipline is the difference between what you want, and what you want right now.

ok mvingon.... and I have don't have problems in most cases of rattling the bushes a bit to see what might pop out - unless it's bigger than the bush and has teeth ;)