Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Differences between Kunlun and Kundalini

Winn says we are already immortals but we have to "fuse" our shen together using the alchemy formulas so that we can "intergrate"..or something.

My sense is Max is sort of saying the same thing. I just happen to feel he is teachng a superior method.

Plus my opinion and understanding is basically changing/growing every day so I don't put a whole lot of investment in any beliefs.

I said it was my "Opinion" nothing else!

Max has said he has died a few times can you elaborate?

I wouldnt see why an immortal would be wasting his time here....

There is something called a Bodhisattva. These are beings who have completed the challenges of this realm and while they are free to move on to higher levels, they choose to stay here and help people with their evolution.

Max is a Bodhisattva.

The fine print in the Bodhisattva vow kind of prevents you from leaving before your personal commitment is complete, even if you "die."

Chris,

This might be a silly question. I just don't know enough about it. Is Max's situation that he sort of has a "quota" of pracitioners that he needs(or wants)to help get enlightened or, as I have heard others say about the B Vow, is his vow to remain here until "all sentient beings" are enlightened.

I am presuming if the vow is until all sentient beings on Earth are enlightened that would be quite awhile. Wheras if it's more like a quota situation that would be different?

Sort of like he needs to do his part to make sure things are "cool" here before he has clearance to shift to Dragon Body?

Cam

how can an immortal live on the physical plane? no one is above the physical laws of decay

i posted this in another thread but will post it here as well since its more relevant to the topic

it may surprise you that it [kundalini] isn't pure fire as you all say it is.

"There are two internal forces or breaths, Prana and Apana, which govern the inhale and the exhale respectively. Prana rises, spreads and blossoms. Apana goes down, contracts and roots."

prana is hot, apana is cold.

there is a visual here

http://www.occult-advances.org/kund.shtml

not all. chatterbox.

mantra,

Interesting indeed, i believe there is peoople that have knowledge that is for best for us earthlings as well to better the human race.

What makes Max a buddhasattva and who called him this if you dont mind me asking?

WYG

mantra,

Interesting indeed, i believe there is peoople that have knowledge that is for best for us earthlings as well to better the human race.

What makes Max a buddhasattva and who called him this if you dont mind me asking?

WYG

because he chooses to stay and take the role.

Sheng Zhen,

I'm willing to believe whatever you tell me. I have no basis to believe otherwise. As you say, ther are a lot of techniques out there, and a lot of claims. But in the end, who does not die? (That's only a rhetorical question).

Your brother,

AugustLeo

Dont believe me brother! Try it out for yourself and get your own experience ;)

Yeah, who does not die??? I think the immortal concept, rainbow body, ascencion, turning into light, all these things might be true. But it is so rare, and takes so much disipline and sacrifice that most people are not able to accomplish it even if they work their whole life for it. And people can claim it, and they do everywhere. In every country there are a lot of people claiming to fully liberated, immortal and ascended beings. But we can never know if they speak the truth until we see how they die(that sounded really awfull, but I think it is true). Still, these people CAN be real masters with a very real contribution to the human race and our individual evolution.

I think we should not believe anything, but not dismiss anything either. Take it, own it, try it out and get your own experience. Everything else is just opinions that stand in the way of real experience.

Hey Mikaelz i was checking this curious website you linked and below was someting about 72 angels, i randomly click one being 9, wasnt really thinking, it was you :P

To stay in line with the thread here is a small but nice movie about a 116 year old indonesian artist, its from the Blair brothers.

S4AHmf-3-fA

Edited by minkus

Chris,

This might be a silly question. I just don't know enough about it. Is Max's situation that he sort of has a "quota" of pracitioners that he needs(or wants)to help get enlightened or, as I have heard others say about the B Vow, is his vow to remain here until "all sentient beings" are enlightened.

I am presuming if the vow is until all sentient beings on Earth are enlightened that would be quite awhile. Wheras if it's more like a quota situation that would be different?

Sort of like he needs to do his part to make sure things are "cool" here before he has clearance to shift to Dragon Body?

Cam

I think Max enjoys sharing what he knows, so I think he'll be around for a long time.

Hey Mikaelz i was checking this curious website you linked and below was someting about 72 angels, i randomly click one being 9, wasnt really thinking, it was you :P

keep it quiet! i don't want all the publicity

there are different realms, each with a different amount of laws. our physical realm is governed by 48 laws, the astral by 24, the mental by 12 and the casual by 6. this in turn means that in our physical realm it may not be possible to do certain things due to the amount of laws (48). if you ascend to the astral or mental, however, a lot more is possible (flying, walking through buildings, etc)

i think that the entire idea behind being immortal is that you create your spirit, if you're a taoist this equals to building the immortal fetus. the way i see it is that not everyone has a soul - you must create it. and when you do create it you become immortal, as even after your physical body decays and eventually dies you still have your soul which can travel through the realms.

in gnosticism it is said most of the true masters reside in the astral realms.

i take a more nondualistic approach. this whole idea of creating a soul and becoming an immortal is still in this false belief that you are an individual, which i believe is wrong. you are everything, you just gotta realize it. read the quotes in my sig

even in a non dualistic approach you have to create

this is something i see happening on this forum a lot

"you are enlightened!!!"

really, why meditate then? or do qigong or neigong?

"you are immortal!!!"

i suppose i'll shape shift into my house then

i simply do not believe it is as easy as realizing this all and just snapping back in tune with nature. if that's the case babies would be enlightened since when they're born they have no ego - yet they aren't as most spiritual texts say we have been asleep for thousands of years.

Edited by mantis

if that's the case babies would be enlightened since when they're born they have no ego - yet they aren't as most spiritual texts say we have been asleep for thousands of years.

"..and the child answered, - I am Logos"

Edited by rain

even in a non dualistic approach you have to create

this is something i see happening on this forum a lot

"you are enlightened!!!"

really, why meditate then? or do qigong or neigong?

"you are immortal!!!"

i suppose i'll shape shift into my house then

i simply do not believe it is as easy as realizing this all and just snapping back in tune with nature. if that's the case babies would be enlightened since when they're born they have no ego - yet they aren't as most spiritual texts say we have been asleep for thousands of years.

the point of meditation is to separate your Self from your ego. you've been nurturing that ego for a long long time, so its hard to snap out of it. if you believe in reincarnation, that's even more egoic impressions to get through

being immortal has nothing to do with shape shifting into your house. its realizing that you are the house. i don't see any benefit in becoming an immortal in the neo-taoist sense since you still haven't overcome the fallacy of duality

Edited by mikaelz

my reference towards why meditate was a joke because of something i see happen a lot on this forum. darinhamel can attest to this as i've seen people tell it to him over and over. i think it's because there isn't really to many words to speak about enlightenment and realization but it stems from members telling each other "you're already enlightened" and then i'd reply with "if so, why practice?" you are not enlightened, and unless you meditate, you will never be. this, you must create a stillness and learn to control the ego, or if you're a taoist, perform the internal alchemy and make the da dao. you have to create a change because not everything is flowing through you, including the divine bliss.

the entire idea of kundalini is dualistic - you fuse ida and pingala, fire and water, prana and apana to rise the serpent; remember that i am not a taoist.

nothing that i study has anything to do with the new age movements as if i where to attend a meeting no one would try to spark my chi or do anything crazy. no, instead there would most likely be study of texts to find the esoteric meaning.

for example, i believe that the bible is a book that is not meant to be taken literally. it is written in code and some western eyes have noticed this but they are studying it in the wrong way. they are looking for patterns and similarities between the text. to truly understand the bible you must have the esoteric eye and know what to look for. i'm going to stop here as my beliefs will simply cause conflict should i say anything else. if you're interested just say so.

Edited by mantis

don't call me an idiot and then not offer any proof of your claims, show me i'm wrong.

Kun Lun leads to the narrow way up one mountian, then another, and another.......

At the peak of the first mountain a bird flies free

beautiful.

Sign in to follow this