thelerner

Weird Science

I wanted to write another post about electrons being standing waves analogous to water droplets and I just found there is research done in this direction about wave nature of matter.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 2

observation after the slit is collapsing the wave function there - no interference pattern

Im sorry Im not clear on this , the slit doesnt collapse the wave function right?... its the method of observation that does? If the slit did , one would nnever see an interference pattern, im thinking.

observations and events are what collapse the wave function.  aka "something manifested"...."making the universe decide on a particular classical configuration based on available information" as it were...

• Like 1

I wanted to write another post about electrons being standing waves analogous to water droplets and I just found there is research done in this direction about wave nature of matter.

The last one was particularly fascinating.  I like how he went back to the source to solve (part of) the problem.  Looks like a great series.  Thanks

• Like 1

I think I have two possible explanations for uranium's weird behavior.

1) Uranium is prone to stage fright.

That's essentially what everybody is saying who tries to interpret its reaction to being observed. 

I think it's a case of anthropomorphizing something that is not exactly asking for it.  

And

2) Observation is a qi phenomenon.   

This one is what I am convinced is the real explanation, but unfortunately, our physicists don't deal in qi.  They deal in energy.  However, observation is meaningful in a way quite invariant to the energy exerted on the act and to the organs or tools employed.  What is perceived by the object under observation is a meaningful change of pattern. 

The way a meaningful change of pattern is perceived, registered, and responded to is a big unknown to our science, even though it is very obvious that such responses are ubiquitous.  On the macro level, things don't have to be "conscious" in the sense we put in this term (anthropomorphizing consciousness, of course) in order to respond to a change of pattern by a change of behavior.  A seed in the soil will wake up and sprout in response to a meaningful change of pattern in the environment.  Look at it under the microscope and you will see such response in every cell.  Where does it end?  Take a more powerful microscope, look at the molecules comprising the cell -- the response is still there. 

Take a stronger one, look at the atoms comprising the molecules -- did we run out of changes?  No, we have run out of our power to interpret them, we have run out of our power of integration of the information we are getting.  We are getting biophysics, but there's a disconnect between the "bio" and "physics" parts of our comprehension.  We don't cross that abyss, don't fill that gap, for fear that we will be accused of filling it with metaphysics.  Our biologists and physicist alike have been trained to recoil in horror from that abyss.  When a friend of mine came running to his biology professor, a Nobel prize winner, screaming questions that shattered his scientific mind, the professor told him, with this, go talk to a priest, my science ends where these questions begin.

Observation is a qi phenomenon.  Being observed is perceived by whatever is being observed.  No energy exchange has to happen for this to happen.  It happens because there's a qi transformation taking place.  And there's nothing in existence that's not sensitive to that. 

How sensitive, and how demonstrable this sensitivity, and how readily different phenomena demonstrate it to us is only relevant if the basic fact is grasped.  Everything is sensitive to qi, i.e. to meaningful pattern transformations.  Everything in a different way.  There's no hiding that you're observing something.  If you want to know how it will respond, find out, by observing.  Don't freak out if you find out that you pretended you didn't observe and it still "somehow" knew you did.  There's phenomena that know.  Some will ignore it and some won't.  It's normal.  Qi of everything is different from qi of everything else. "Blowing on ten thousand things in ten thousand different ways so each can be itself." -- Zhuangzi

• Like 4

hehe....how does qi affect the collapsing of the quantum wave function.  quite a question :)

• Like 1

hehe....how does qi affect the collapsing of the quantum wave function.  quite a question :)

I envision it as something like this:

• Like 5