Sign in to follow this  
Karl

The definition of space

1. Oneness precludes 'where' constructs. All is inseparable from All or it wouldn't be All.

2. The moment an aspect of 'knowing' becomes expressible it's no longer the known thing and instead replaced by some human constructed confusion that inherently can not mean the same thing to another being.

3. Forgive self completely to sever from all self-imposed burdens. Love self. Forgive all beings unconditionally for all things that may have arisen or be yet to arise. Love all others. Align one's behavior with ones words with ones thoughts and enjoy this one fleeting moment unbreakably.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

1) yet you are using identity to say 'all' which mans you aren't part of a collective consciousness, but a real, independent, conscious entity.

2) if you don't know anything then you can't know what you claim to know.

3) I have nothing to forgive. I am perfectly integrated, knowing what values I hold and desire to gain and the virtues by which I will use to hold and gain them. I don't forgive anyone because I have no need to, they are either of value to me and I to them or they are inconsequential. If they oppose my values and seek to harm me then I will retaliate. My behaviour is perfectly aligned with my words but yours is not. You are evading. You may do it for a short time, or for ever, but you are incapable of disguising the truth to yourself. You may feel a fuzzy kind of comfort that comes along with abdication from the mind, but it will lead one to a sense of uneasy creeping guilt over ones life.

Edited by Karl

It would be at the cost of enjoying this moment of Now to fret about what may or may not be later.

All life choices can seem as easy or as difficult as we chose to percieve them to be. The beauty of it, is that you don't have to make the choices for tomorrow or next year or whatever, only have to choose for this one infinitesimally small moment of Now that encompasses all that is real.

The universe has been so incredibly kind to me, this string of beautiful life experiences has already provided far more fulfilment than I had ever imagined possible to experience in a lifetime. Yesterday I was climbing a sky crane in China to recover the RC copter filming rig I crashed into it that managed to somehow stick on the end of the cranes counterweight. The wind and rain and priceless view was so beautiful, looking down I knew if I slipped my ear to ear smile on the way down would leave a crater.

I do not need to enjoy tomorrow today, the trick is to choose to gratefully enjoy this one infinitesimally brief moment of Now and not choose to deviate.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 2

It would be at the cost of enjoying this moment of Now to fret about what may or may not be later.

All life choices can seem as easy or as difficult as we chose to percieve them to be. The beauty of it, is that you don't have to make the choices for tomorrow or next year or whatever, only have to choose for this one infinitesimally small moment of Now that encompasses all that is real.

The universe has been so incredibly kind to me, this string of beautiful life experiences has already provided far more fulfilment than I had ever imagined possible to experience in a lifetime. Yesterday I was climbing a sky crane in China to recover the RC copter filming rig I crashed into it that managed to somehow stick on the end of the cranes counterweight. The wind and rain and priceless view was so beautiful, looking down I knew if I slipped my ear to ear smile on the way down would leave a crater.

I do not need to enjoy tomorrow today, the trick is to choose to gratefully enjoy this one infinitesimally brief moment of Now and not choose to deviate.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

If you remove the emotive 'fret' then, unfortunately for your thesis, being a human being means we must plan for the future. We have no choice, we cannot live in the moment like an animal. We aren't automatic. That you wish you were does not mean you are. Just by saying 'I want to live in the moment' is the proof that you cannot. An animal cannot choose, it just does, a human must choose.

You cannot enjoy tomorrow today quite obviously. This does not preclude enjoying the moment, one should always do that. That's the point of living, to gain a value according to ones virtues and then to enjoy the pleasure of gaining it. However, we must continue to plan ahead, because that is our nature. We have the capacity and necessity to choose, we haven't the luxury of being automatic.

I think you are confusing two things. I enjoy every moment just as you do. I don't fret for the future, I accept that I must plan ahead and I don't fret that this is a necessity. In that statement you should see what perhaps wasn't obvious before-I don't fear the future, instead what I fear is to deny the necessity for that planning-to evade what is real.

Hey Guys!!!  Great job at going off topic.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm lost in space.

Didn't you say the entire universe IS space ?

There is no tomorrow. There never was and there never will be. Not that you wouldn't have to pretend that there is and prepare for it sometimes, for practical reasons - nonetheless, tomorrow only exists in your imagination. There is only NOW.

Maybe we need another thread: The definition of time.

Didn't you say the entire universe IS space ?

Actually, I think I said time/space but yes, I did say something like that.

• Like 1

There is no tomorrow. There never was and there never will be. Not that you wouldn't have to pretend that there is and prepare for it sometimes, for practical reasons - nonetheless, tomorrow only exists in your imagination. There is only NOW.

Yeah, we could always use another thread.  More opportunities to go off topic.

"There's No Tomorrow" is a DooWop song I listened to this morning.  She wanted to wait until tomorrow and he wanted it now.

But yes, tomorrow is not yet manifested, yesterday is gone, written in stone.  Therefore it is true, there is only the now moment.

But still, we learn from what happened yesterday and we plan for tomorrow so they do exist in a manner of speaking (in our mind).

• Like 3

Same thing. It's just a relative measurement. Tomorrow is the concept of a 24 hour period. Yet the Earth just spins around and around.

My behaviour is perfectly aligned with my words but yours is not. You are evading. You may do it for a short time, or for ever, but you are incapable of disguising the truth to yourself. You may feel a fuzzy kind of comfort that comes along with abdication from the mind, but it will lead one to a sense of uneasy creeping guilt over ones life.

Inherently it is not possible for you to be doing more than projecting your own life concerns, because you have not experienced my reality, nor can what you believe may come reach beyond personal fear-rooted self-delusion. 

Yet the fact that you continue to try and argue proves that you don't really believe what you are saying, you just prefer it to be true. You wish it to be true, because it frees you from facing the truth. 

Reality of Now, as well as the nature of what 'space' may or may not be, as well as any/all mechanisms humans attempt to apply to label it remain unaffected by your choice of reflected personal discontentment.

You can live in your fuzzy little world of make believe, you can squeeze your eyes shut and block you ears, but the tiger is still going to eat you.

May the tiger enjoy it's meal and be well nourished by my body! It has served me so well for so much longer than I had ever imagined I would live.   My wife would be more likely to be eaten by wild animals though, she rescues injured native animals and nurses them back to health, including the predators with large claws and teeth.  She is bravely at peace with dying for her volunteer service to nature, and she is at peace with understanding the nature of the life experiences I choose often involve facing the reaper.   We have both forgiven each other in advance in kind understanding, and our deaths would be a celebration of lives lived well not a matter of sorrow. 

However, we must continue to plan ahead, because that is our nature. 

You are free to place whatever self-imposed limitations on your experience of being you wish.  I will continue to appreciate this one moment as it comes, and remain at peace with all outcomes that may yet to be.  If a man can burn alive in Nirvana, what outcome is worth giving up this moment to fearfully and futilely plan to avoid? 

Had I planned ahead, I never would have been so bold as to imagine, let alone try to plan this wild string of priceless life experiences the universe has been so kind to provide me.  

If anything, my planning ahead is to mindfully live as kindly and generously as possible in this moment and stay alert for the universes bountiful gifts of opportunity for the only currency I value, a richness of life experience.  If from this moment onward I'm faced with rapid torturous death of myself and everyone I know, I would remain unshakably grateful for the amazing ride this moment of life has been.  The universe owes me nothing, every new breath I draw is a celebration of being unrelated to circumstance.   

Some choices are instantly there own best reward. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 2

But you are planning ahead. This is precisely what you are doing when you decide to 'live in the moment' or when you have already decided to 'forgive each other IN ADVANCE'.

You can live anyway you want Bud that your choice, but there is no avoiding future planning no matter how you deny it. We are human and we have no choice but to plan ahead, our choices begin with our own life, we must first choose to live, then we choose how to achieve it.

To say you live 'in the moment' when you are writing about 'how you decided' is just blindness.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

But you are planning ahead. This is precisely what you are doing when you decide to 'live in the moment' or when you have already decided to 'forgive each other IN ADVANCE'.

You can live anyway you want Bud that your choice, but there is no avoiding future planning no matter how you deny it. We are human and we have no choice but to plan ahead, our choices begin with our own life, we must first choose to live, then we choose how to achieve it.

To say you live 'in the moment' when you are writing about 'how you decided' is just blindness.

Fair enough brother, I agree my life has involved some planning.  I am thankful for you sharing your insights. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 2

Fair enough brother, I agree my life has involved some planning.  I am thankful for you sharing your insights. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

There is no end to planning, but that does not stop anyone enjoying the present. The problem is forever blaming the past, or forever fearing for the future.

• Like 1

May the tiger enjoy it's meal and be well nourished by my body! It has served me so well for so much longer than I had ever imagined I would live.  My wife would be more likely to be eaten by wild animals though, she rescues injured native animals and nurses them back to health, including the predators with large claws and teeth.  She is bravely at peace with dying for her volunteer service to nature, and she is at peace with understanding the nature of the life experiences I choose often involve facing the reaper.   We have both forgiven each other in advance in kind understanding, and our deaths would be a celebration of lives lived well not a matter of sorrow. 

I like this but didn't want to hit the "Thank You" button.

• Like 1

so we can't describe what it is in the definition?

'Cause I was gonna say that it's areas of low energy density...basically it doesn't exist in actuality, we only perceive it exists. Space is a myth....there is stuff everywhere, just more or less stuff in places, so what you are talking about is Yin...however Yang is within Yin...so this is a relative view. What is Yin to one area can be Yang to another. So 'space' is relative to something else and is not a concrete variable.

• Like 1

So 'space' is relative to something else.

Exactly.

Although I have to say the weird Buddhist version has a draw for me as it suggests Brownian motion.

Edited by Karl

Sign in to follow this