Bodhicitta

Transgender Problem

There are a self-identity and a perceived-identity.

If my self-identity is that of a chinese panda, this doesn't mean that people should treat me as a member of an endangered specie, imho.

Which is exactly what the new law proposes. As long as you think you are, then you are and people must accept you on that basis.

Aldous Huxley predicted this as the fate of humanity-but of course he had an inside track as a collaborator in MK Ultra-We appear to have given up and settling in for the ride to oblivion.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Aw, folks are so upset about where people make pee pee...

Grow up.

Seriously.  Have none of you ever been in a sexless bathroom?   My wife worked for over a decade in an office that had one bathroom for everyone.  But then, they were all mature adults.  We seem to be short a few of those of late.

For fucks sake.  Grow up.

• Like 3

Aw, folks are so upset about where people make pee pee...

Grow up.

Seriously.  Have none of you ever been in a sexless bathroom?   My wife worked for over a decade in an office that had one bathroom for everyone.  But then, they were all mature adults.  We seem to be short a few of those of late.

For fucks sake.  Grow up.

All bathrooms are sexless but not those that visit them. However this goes way beyond the single toilet in your wife's office-which is, if you will excuse me saying-an obvious straw man.

Let's take female showering facilities at a school that your young daughter attends. At present the restrictions are clear and boys respect them. However, remove those restrictions and any teacher daring to question the validity of a male who identifies as 'gender fluid' would find themselves in court. The male doesn't even need to look male, he might even have a reputation with girls, but as long as he identifies as gender neutral he has to be allowed to shower with the girls without any form of supervision as this would also be regarded as unlawful unless it was regular for girls to be continually supervised-and that supervision could be equally by someone who also claimed to be Gender neutral.

"While it may not be politically correct to link psychological disorders with the transgender population, the researchers see the evidence that a link exists."

This is true. However, it's not necessarily true that a psychological disorder causes transgenderism. It could very well be that being transgender, having gender dysphoria, leads people to develop psychological problems.

In Lebanon -- mentioned in the article -- only 18% of people accept homosexuality. I'd imagine that transgenderism is even less accepted. In such an environment of rejection, it seems quite probable to me that LGBT people will be more likely to develop psychological disorders than the non-LGBT population.

Lebanon is, though, a decent example of science beginning to triumph over religious shitfuckery. From Wikipedia:

On 11 July 2013, the Lebanese Psychiatric Society (LPS) released a statement saying that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and does not need to be treated. They said: "Homosexuality in itself does not cause any defect in judgment, stability, reliability or social and professional abilities", and "The assumption that homosexuality is a result of disturbances in the family dynamic or unbalanced psychological development is based on wrong information".

Boom. There is hope for humanity.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

Seems pretty clear to me that the source of psychological discord in the issue stems from the instances of twisted family members and the overall cultural atmosphere that is constantly reinforcing to the individual that they are evil, second rate citizens undeserving of equal treatment and fair protection under the law.

• Like 1

It seems this argument has become decidedly confused as these things tend to do.

We can always find someone unhappy with their body image and sexuality as well as those who are perfectly happy with whatever they have chosen, or come outfitted with.

Everybody gets judged, whether you have a big nose, have sex with your own sex, dress like a woman, have knitted eyebrows, are black, white, yellow or blue with purple spots.

I can make observations on the first, but on the second, well, anyone who calls someone else a bigot for making a judgement is.....making a judgement. So, if you can't judge anyone, then you can't judge bigots, homophobes, or racists either, as long as they aren't initiating force.

Where the lines are crossed is when some authority persecutes someone who is going peacefully about their lives on the demand of a particularly group.

Why is this important ? Because as we have just witnessed in Florida and in the UK with the child sex rings, when we begin forcing non-judgemental toleration on a section of the population, then the result is blowback. If No one is allowed to judge people as the people they are, by their behaviour, actions, dress or words then we run the risk of encouraging the sort of violent actions of the protected group.

I was stunned by the need for 'support amongst the LGBT community' to condemn this action 'against homosexuals'. What a croc of shit. This is what PC liberalism causes. Our intolerance and judgement should be aimed at those who have radical cultural differences. Instead of being forced to accept Muslims, we should be skeptical and mistrusting until they prove themselves as being peaceful neighbours. We don't need the hand ringing of the LGBT community, we need action against the perpetrators and the spotlight of free speech and judgement shone into the murky areas of concern.

In the UK the police and council were so worried about being stigmatised as racists that they failed to act on a criminal gang of Muslims that used 'tolerance' to go about their activities undisturbed. How often does anyone concede that some of the most notorious serial killers have also been homosexuals ? That doesn't mean to say they are less or more likely to be serial killers, only that they are certainly well capable of it if given the opportunity. PC thinking, non judgement and tolerance increase the opportunity for those who are evil to act more effectively.

It doesn't, of course mean that all Muslims are radical, but it does mean that they do have a faith which has tendencies to conceal those with more radical ideologies. It means that we can't know exactly which is which. We have to take a snapshot, a guess; our suspicions will fall on good and bad equally, we have to have our say regardless of bigotry or racist epithets. Each of us should expect no less in terms of judgement the further from the societal norm we appear to be. That does not mean we have the right to engage in any kind of force, aggression or violent action, but the right to speak freely is absolutely vital, as is the right to make a judgement.

• Like 1

Instead of being forced to accept Muslims, we should be skeptical and mistrusting until they prove themselves as being peaceful neighbours. We don't need the hand ringing of the LGBT community, we need action against the perpetrators and the spotlight of free speech and judgement shone into the murky areas of concern.\

44 million Muslims in Europe, 3 million in the UK, 5 million in the Americas.

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of these Muslims are not engaging in mass violence. Like, 0.001% or less.

However, I must agree that there is room for improvement among the Muslim population.

In particular, we might be concerned about the ratio of sex offenders, especially child molesters, of the Muslim population to the general population. Those numbers don't look good.

It means that we can't know exactly which is which. We have to take a snapshot, a guess; our suspicions will fall on good and bad equally, we have to have our say regardless of bigotry or racist epithets.

Erm... I don't see any need for racist epithets. Or racism of any kind. Base your judgement on religion, not on something as vague and bizarre as a notion of 'race'.

Each of us should expect no less in terms of judgement the further from the societal norm we appear to be. That does not mean we have the right to engage in any kind of force, aggression or violent action, but the right to speak freely is absolutely vital, as is the right to make a judgement.

Wow. The further from the societal norm?

So whatever is commonplace is good, and whatever is not deserves judgement and is most likely bad?

I'm saying free speech is the mechanism by which conflicting ideas/cultures/religions/races work out their conflicts in the open. The suppression of free speech breeds conflict and protects bad actors. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

• Like 2

A doctor looks at the protocol used to treat gender dysphoria in children:

http://www.jpands.org/vol21no2/cretella.pdf

Dr Cretella's conclusion:

"Conclusion

Gender dysphoria (GD) in children is a term used to describe a psychological condition in which a child experiences marked incongruence between his experienced gender and the gender associated with his biological sex. There is no rigorous scientific evidence that GD is an innate trait. Moreover, 80 percent to 95 percent of children with GD accept the reality of their biological sex and achieve emotional health by late adolescence. 

The treatment of GD in childhood with hormones effectively amounts to mass experimentation on, and sterilization of, youth who are cognitively incapable of providing informed consent. There is a serious ethical problem with allowing irreversible, life-changing procedures to be performed on minors who are too young to give valid consent themselves."

Another site questioning the latest fad...

https://youthtranscriticalprofessionals.org

Edited by Bodhicitta
  • Like 3

This is key, it is the problem of an underlying philosophy that makes 'feelings' more important than reason. What we end up with is hedonism. People claim emotional satisfaction as the prize. Do whatever you want, regardless of the consequences, do whatever 'feels' good.

The passage that stood out for me:

No Objective Standards for Mental Health?

Psychology has increasingly rejected the concept of norms for mental health, focusing instead on emotional distress. The American Psychiatric Association (APA), for example, explains in the fth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) that GD is listed therein not due to the discrepancy between the individual’s thoughts and physical reality, but due to the presence of emotional distress that hampers his social functioning. The DSM-V also notes that a diagnosis is required for insurance companies to pay for cross- sex hormones and sex reassignment surgery (SRS) that alleviate the emotional distress of GD. Once the distress is relieved, GD is no longer considered a disorder.2

There is always someone at the school gate with drugs for sale. Take this and you will 'feel' better. Immature people act irrationally on emotional impulse. Our education system is deliberately keeping them in this state in order that they buy into the orthodoxy and violently object to those who would take away their 'right' to pleasure. It keeps people buying the Governments message and corporations sales pitches. It also makes them highly vulnerable to predators like those promoting gender fluidity. There will always be people making money out of naivety and misery. Until we get the state out of our children this is is going to get worse.

• Like 1

Did you even read the article?

Your tag line is misleading. 

Not as closely as I should have.  This below is more accurate

"More gay folks are becoming uncomfortable with trans movement regarding children."

Why can't people allow people to be as they believe themselves to be if it causes no harm?

The article actually addresses the rise in very young children, as young as 3 years old, being treated for gender dysphoria without studies to back the treatments. Yes, there are persons in the LBG community who are concerned. Heck, I am concerned about the children and the treatments they are receiving.

Here is a blog post by the author that goes more in depth...

http://www.thehomoarchy.com/do-youth-transgender-diagnoses-put-would-be-gay-lesbian-bisexual-adults-at-risk-for-unnecessary-medical-intervention/

• Like 2

Why can't people allow people to be as they believe themselves to be if it causes no harm?

I agree. But aren't there cases where transsexualism could be considered harmful?

I believe a person should be able to whatever they want as long as they harm nobody else. I should be allowed to jump from a plane, or drink too much, or have my nipple pierced if I so choose. But what if a person has suffered some psychological trauma that influences them to do something that is harmful or that could harm them?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/when-sex-change-is-a-mistake-some-transsexuals-suffer-bitter-regrets-sarah-lonsdale-reports-1512822.html

People are much more likely to regret having plastic surgery than gender reassignment surgery, but then again, when someone does regret that gender reassignment, isn't it going to be a whole lot more difficult to come to terms with?