Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

The Secret of Harmonia

Only the female formless awareness is true harmony. Relying on technology creates imbalances.

Well the points given in the book are, again, based on harmonics aka "the playing of the flute without holes." I go into this in my masters thesis. Mantak Chia uses more points and he didn't directly relate it to harmonics but Michael Winn figured this out and does relate the microcosmic orbit directly to harmonics.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin also uses the 12 points as the small universe (neither more, nor less). His "small universe" c.d. is very very helpful in keeping the mind focused. The idea is to develop the awareness of the energy as it transduces -- heat to electromagnetic fields to light. It's necessary to first open up the body channels in order to create enough mind power.

Once the 3rd eye is permanently open then the specific points may vary because the body itself becomes full of light and electromagnetic fields. The mind is bending spacetime at this juncture. Professor Nan, Huai-chin makes this point as well -- the microcosmic orbit is preliminary before true samadhi is achieved.

As Master Nan, Huai-chin details most modern practicers "fall back into worldliness" by "heroic overexuberance" - using the paranormal powers that develop before true samadhi or "emptiness" is achieved: about chapter 10 in Taoist Yoga.

Master Nan, Huai-chin also notes that true samadhi can not really be translated into words. Gurdjieff makes the same point -- when the higher emotions are accessed (of the heart and mind) then the brain is easily overwhelmed with the intensity of information and the brain tends to shut-down -- or black out.

Both Master Nan, Huai-chin and Gurdjieff question whether true samadhi is even favorable for modern society since obviously such a state is not amenable to normal functioning, unless you can specialize in this practice.

The small universe is the specific tool for maintaining the health of the body and once this foundation is achieved then, as Taoist Yoga states, if "vitality is scattered" through heart-eye passion, then at least health can be maintained.

This is because the scattering of vitality (yang light energy) is through the 3rd eye as a full-body cycling of energy, in contrast to the "separation of heaven (mind) and earth (body)" as is the case for left-brain disconnection with the body's lower emotions. Scattering vitality is still transducing the lower emotions into light-bliss (which then leads to light-electromagnetic energy).

Gurdjieff also makes this clear -- once Level 4 is reached a "permanent center of gravity" is achieved in the 3rd Eye: magnetic bliss. But the activating of this direct access to the "large accumulator" -- the female formless awareness -- can manifest through the 3 main energy centers (or in Taoism: Tan tiens). So the three are jing, chi and shen or electrochemical, electromagnetic and light.

When Taoist Yoga states that the process starts by focusing on the point between and behind the eyes -- this is admitting that the female formless awareness (eternal nature) is what Gurdjieff calls the Absolute.

By focusing on eternal nature (stillness or silence) the yang energy is then able to descend down to meet to the yin energy which must be raised up. But mind yoga just typically focuses on descending the yang energy while ignoring and repressing the yin energy yet the yin energy is the foundation of the practice -- both the beginning and the end of the practice.

It's called "energy" because that's how it's experienced but when we "listen" to it by focusing on the space between and behind the eyes -- in fact we connect with pure consciousness which then creates the energy.

So the source of the I-thought is asymmetrical. One is male but is attracted to female formless awareness which enables one to resonate as two -- yin energy as matter and then resonates as three - yang or 2:3, the perfect 5th. This overtone of 2:3 then creates the whole energy spectrum through further complimentary opposites.

The female formless awareness is always-already -- beyond spacetime and energy-matter. It's just a matter of harmonizing with it through complimentary opposite harmonics.

Standing exercise is also very important at first. Taoist Yoga notes that when the legs go numb then the feet should be pounded and the leg channels should be focused on. Again sitting in full-lotus at ease for at least 2 hours straight demonstrates the channels are opened -- that the body's energy is necessary to establish permanent awareness with the female formless awareness. Consciousness as female formless awareness is neither words, nor images, but rather what enables telepathy and telekinesis and precognition, etc.

This is experienced as strong electromagnetic fields surrounding the body and then transducing the thoughts and emotions of people in the vicinity -- as communicated by their body-mind -- most powerfully through the eyes. This information then travels via the electromagnetic and electrochemical energy -- based on light (the synchonized biophotons of the 3rd Eye) -- back into the 3rd Eye. Then the brain translates the information (emotions, thoughts) of what happens in the vicinity.

In true samadhi this information and energy is communication directly through the female formless awareness beyond barriers of spacetime. The distance is based on "what level of emptiness" is achieved. For discussion of this paradox, "levels of emptiness," the best source is Master Nan, Huai-chin: his "What is Enlightenment" series.

The goal of Taoist Yoga is to go so deep into female formless awareness through the yin energy of the body that another physical body is achieved and then this body is "scattered as vitality across the universe." It's taught that before this physical body is achieved the person can already travel in yin spirit across the universe and this final step enables physical immortality.

This is the opposite of Advaita Vedanta which states that no travel is necessary since logically everything already is formless awareness and instead of the vitality radiating outward, in self-enquiry, the vitality spirals to the source of the heart-mind, called the direct path. In this second case final "immortality" is achieved when the body is killed and with each breath the mind automatically empties out to female formless awareness beyond any pain of the body.

Both of these end goals are the same and both are not talked about in their respective schools. How many would state -- our goal is to explode our own body into electromagnetic light in order to create an immortal physical body! Similarly how many would state our goal is to kill ourselves!

Rather what's important is the harmonization process itself -- which is impersonal and has no start, nor a beginning. Even though Buddhism is based on this philosophy that all is emptiness as consciousness nevertheless the same conflict arose -- Hinyana being just like Advaita Vedanta and Mahayana being just like Taoist Yoga.

This is why I rely on music as the model -- with the proof that yin and yang are from the same music ratios used in every culture for healing -- 1-4-5 intervals. The crucial issue being that their complimentary opposite meaning has been lost in the West.

• Like 1

Gurdjieff also makes this clear -- once Level 4 is reached a "permanent center of gravity" is achieved in the 3rd Eye: magnetic bliss. But the activating of this direct access to the "large accumulator" -- the female formless awareness -- can manifest through the 3 main energy centers (or in Taoism: Tan tiens). So the three are jing, chi and shen or electrochemical, electromagnetic and light.

When Taoist Yoga states that the process starts by focusing on the point between and behind the eyes -- this is admitting that the female formless awareness (eternal nature) is what Gurdjieff calls the Absolute.

By focusing on eternal nature (stillness or silence) the yang energy is then able to descend down to meet to the yin energy which must be raised up. But mind yoga just typically focuses on descending the yang energy while ignoring and repressing the yin energy yet the yin energy is the foundation of the practice -- both the beginning and the end of the practice.

It's called "energy" because that's how it's experienced but when we "listen" to it by focusing on the space between and behind the eyes -- in fact we connect with pure consciousness which then creates the energy.

So the source of the I-thought is asymmetrical. One is male but is attracted to female formless awareness which enables one to resonate as two -- yin energy as matter and then resonates as three - yang or 2:3, the perfect 5th. This overtone of 2:3 then creates the whole energy spectrum through further complimentary opposites.

The female formless awareness is always-already -- beyond spacetime and energy-matter. It's just a matter of harmonizing with it through complimentary opposite harmonics.

The goal of Taoist Yoga is to go so deep into female formless awareness through the yin energy of the body that another physical body is achieved and then this body is "scattered as vitality across the universe." It's taught that before this physical body is achieved the person can already travel in yin spirit across the universe and this final step enables physical immortality.

Rather what's important is the harmonization process itself -- which is impersonal and has no start, nor a beginning. Even though Buddhism is based on this philosophy that all is emptiness as consciousness nevertheless the same conflict arose -- Hinyana being just like Advaita Vedanta and Mahayana being just like Taoist Yoga.

This is why I rely on music as the model -- with the proof that yin and yang are from the same music ratios used in every culture for healing -- 1-4-5 intervals. The crucial issue being that their complimentary opposite meaning has been lost in the West.

Wow, where'd you get all this info?

Has some similarities to Kunlun. Combining Yin & Yang (although from opposite directions) to achieve "magnetic" bliss. Relying upon "female" feeling (not "male" thinking) is a key here. Or even better - an inner or outer dakini (for males). The highest attainment then being the Golden Dragon body (a refined, interdimensional physical body).

And also something about gravity of the mind:

Mind is gravity. When you understand this, you understand everything you need to know about enlightenment. - Max Christensen

I got this from having qigong master Chunyi Lin burn a magnetic bliss-light hole in the center of my brain:

Again the West is wrong. Boris is wrong. Gnosticism is not yoga. Boris' book is available online for free. Gurdjieff was the real thing and this is exactly why he continues to be slammed in the West. How could there be someone after Ouspensky implying that Oupensky could somehow be after Gurdjieff? WHAT A JOKE!!

Oupensky was completely clueless and so was everyone else. As I've stated Gurdjieff almost committed suicide because of this and he worked so hard that he almost died in a car accident. Bennett's book on Gurdjieff is very fair but that doesn't mean Bennett can continue Gurdjieff's teaching. Ouspensky quoted Gurdjieff and tried to understand Gurdjieff. I came to Gurdjieff only after studying Taoist Yoga and Pythagorean harmonics. Ouspensky went on claiming to teach Gurdjieff and so everyone followed Ouspensky or Orage or Boris -- none of them matter.

GURDJIEFF was real. The rest fake: Crowley, etc. -- even Steiner.

Essentially there has to be a lineage of masters -- people with the third eye FULLY OPEN -- which means the person CAN SEE INSIDE SOMEONE ELSE'S BODY and their own body channels are open and so they can transmit energy and sit in full-lotus at ease.

It's very simple yet radical. Full-lotus not only shows that the 3rd Eye has been opened but it is the practice to continue channelling the yin-yang harmonics.

Jim Nance is the qigong master in the lineage of Chunyi Lin. Jim Nance used to be a kung fu master. Jim Nance spent several months with the Dogon in Mali. Jim Nance told me that during this whole time the main form of thinking was NONWESTERN MUSIC. Tribal Trance Transduction. It's a very strict practice that has been largely destroyed even in Africa.

This was Gurdjieff's emphasis as well. I read one book a day and have done so for the past seven years yet what do I recommend: nonwestern masters.

Chunyi Lin's book "Born a Healer" is a great example.

David Godman's biography of H.W.L. Poonja, the master in lineage with Ramana Maharshi is another great example: "Nothing Ever Happened."

Professor and Buddhist Master Nan, Huai-chin has 5 books on meditation and philosophy in English. I had to read each book 3 times just to get the jist of what he was saying. He's a true yoga master and sits in full-lotus all the time. He is a Ch'an master with the full Buddhist and Taoist canon memorized. He's almost completely unknown in the West -- precisely because the West is so afraid of the need to confront and process the lower emotions.

It's very simple -- the full-lotus enables resonance with female formless awareness. I sit in full-lotus as much as possible because this ensures the harmonization of energy.

Harmonics is impersonal and female formless awareness is not a physical body, nor is it "light," -- it's nothing visual nor physical nor is it energy -- it can be logically inferred as the source of the I-thought.

Just like in deep sleep -- we don't know the world exists, nor that we exist yet deep sleep is necessary and we remain individuals. We can infer that our consciousness is not the words or images in our heads but rather the source of our deep sleep.

20 minutes of deep full-lotus meditation equals 4 hours of sleep.

Is music a cult? Is practicing music based on using words? Meditation is the same -- the 12 nodes are yin and yang cycling on different levels. The back of the body is yang, the front yin, the lower half yin, the upper half yang, and so on, resonating to the female formless awareness.

So this is just practice and more practice and the process is done because it's fun and resonates with the source of reality.

If we listen to harmonics the process is infinite yet the result can be inferred. Consciousness is real and secretly guides our subconscious desires modeled by yin-yang dynamics.

If we repeat I-I-I over and over to logically seek the source of our thoughts, all of them arising from the I-thought and then we listen to the space between our I-thoughts, this is the same process as yang-yin-formless awareness. The difference is that there is no process to sublimate the yin energy and so there is no will power, there is no focus and therefore no real results.

The west is too conceptual because of our left-brain addiction -- phonetic language. So the "small universe" tape or c.d. from spring forest qigong is very helpful. It's just a matter of how much practice. The active exercises are also very helpful.

The philosophy is simple yet very radical.

For example in the Level III retreat qigong master Chunyi Lin drew the tai-chi symbol and stated the sine-wave in the middle is consciousness and the circle is the universe (female formless awareness) and when we use our consciousness to go into the universe then we create yin and yang energy which is everything else.

So, coming from an Advaita Vedanta perspective I'm truly perplexed -- I mean REALLY zen-like perplexed. So what's the difference between "my" consciousness and the "emptiness" and if there is no difference then how can I really practice anyway, etc.?

Finally I realized that the difference again is that when the source of the I-thought is inferred this process still uses the complimentary opposite harmonics -- there is an innate desire in humans to seek this source of reality -- because of this asymmetric difference between my "consciousness" and the "emptiness," thereby creating yin and yang.

Wow, where'd you get all this info?

Has some similarities to Kunlun. Combining Yin & Yang (although from opposite directions) to achieve "magnetic" bliss. Relying upon "female" feeling (not "male" thinking) is a key here. Or even better - an inner or outer dakini (for males). The highest attainment then being the Golden Dragon body (a refined, interdimensional physical body).

And also something about gravity of the mind:

Vortex you copied me. <wink> You recognize it toooooo? Communication is only half of something. Cyclic dialog like attracts like.

Relying on technology creates imbalances.

Sing. Harmonize. Be your instrument in the symphony of life.

Woodsy

Sing. Harmonize. Be your instrument in the symphony of life.
:)

If God is a DJ

Life is a dance floor

Love is the rhythm

You are the music

If God is a DJ

Life is a dance floor

You get what you're given

It's all how you use it.

I've posted on Laura's "sign of the times" forum in response to a http://conspiracycentral.info poster or maybe it was http://unexplained-mysteries.com (where I was banned for bringing up these tantra issues).

Anyway Laura does a good job on understanding the Stargate Conspiracy (and taking on the AboveTopSecret website).

But again this whole mind-psychic channelling thing is, as Stan Gooch details, based on generalized philosophy with really no applicable details for practical healing energy.

Laura's article on Gurdjieff is very revealing. This is the critical revelation:

"And yet...! Is not the System of Octaves symbolized by the musical scale (tones and semitones) as well as by the notes that compose it (Dominus, Sidereus orbis, etc...). Is not the origin of these notes a Christian hymn to John the Baptist? Mouravieff reminds us of this in detail (Gnosis, chapter 10). He therefore responds, in preventive measure, to the issues raised by Patterson by showing that Christianity, including its European version, contained the System of Octaves at a certain period."

God this reminds of a passage I read last night:

"Is not this the same thing which is described in the Acts as the descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles, when they began to understand divers languages?" asked someone. [of Gurdjieff]

I [Ouspensky] noticed that such questions always irritated G.

"I don't know, I wasn't there," he said. p. 96, "In Search of the Miraculous"

Now for Boris to claim, as Laura records, that Gurdjieff has bad communication skills and therefore was dependent on Ouspensky is a complete joke.

This joke is verified when Gurdjieff asks Ouspensky to provide his commentary of the cosmos:

"See what you can say from your point of view, taking everything just as I said it." (p. 208)

Ouspensky rattles on for FIVE WORTHLESS PAGES (which I tore out of the book because they're so stupid).

Then on page 213 Gurdjieff responds with this very SLY comment:

"I will only add one thing more:

"Time is breath -- try to understand this."

He said nothing further. (p. 213)

Now that Ouspensky reports this without even seeing the SLY joke involved is proof that Gurdjieff in no way was dependent on Ouspensky and also that Ouspensky was simply a scribe, not a teacher.

Not only that but Boris does not understand Gurdjieff, because as I've stated, Gurdjieff was translating nonwestern alchemy into Western philosophy and this confused people.

First of all the Christian scale that Boris' refers to does not rely on asymmetric harmonics -- there's no understanding of how to apply this to the body, as Gurdjieff details in his alchemical teaching which exactly parallels the same as the Taoist Yoga book.

The crucial emphasis of Gurdjieff is that in the West the lower emotions remain undeveloped and it takes a conscious sublimation of these emotions. The sex center is the neutralizing force of the moving center, the lower electrochemical energy center of the body.

So what enables a person to sit in full-lotus is the ability to shoot the yang light-energy back into the yin electrochemical-energy. This creates an increase in vitality or electromagnetic energy. Taoist Yoga teaches that not until yang light-energy can be seen OUTSIDE the head is the female formless awareness established. Otherwise there continues to be just a repression of the lower emotions that creates a projection of oppression outside the body. As the female formless awareness deepens -- what Gurjdieff calls the "possibility of consciousness" then the electrochemical astral body -- shooting yang energy outside the mind -- turns into the electromagnetic astral body (the sun energy of immortality). Finally, as the Golden Light of the yin electrochemical energy merges in the Heart (source of Eternal Nature as Taoist Yoga calls it or the female formless awareness) another physical body is created -- the level 7 of Gurdjieff as the "starry" astral body, immortal in this solar system, beyond the sun.

Master Nan, Huai-chin also discusses these different "levels of emptiness" in his books which are truly amazing.

Now Gurdjieff reveals his secret translation of Western philosophy into nonwestern complimentary opposites with the following SLY comment:

"But, in this connection, it must be remembered that 'intelligence' is determined not by the density of matter but by the density of vibrations. The density of vibrations, however increases not, by doubling as in the octaves of 'hydrogens' [and the Christian doubling scale Boris refers to] but in an entirely different progression which many times out numbers the first. If you know the exact coefficient of this increase you will be in a position to solve this problem." (p. 320)

Of course "coefficient" is a logarithmic term so the Western readers will never be able to solve this "entirely different progression" -- which, again, is the resonance of complimentary opposites.

Finally Gurdjieff emphasized again that alchemy is impersonal and based on the law of three as complimentary opposites:

"You must understand that each center is divided into three parts in conformity with the primary division of centers into 'thinking,' 'emotional,' and 'moving.' On the same principle each of these parts in its turn is divided into three. In addition, from the very outset each center is divided into two parts: positive and negative. And in all parts there are groups of 'rolls' connected together, some in one direction and others in another direction. This explains the differences between people, what is called 'individuality.' Of course there is in this no individuality at all, but simply a difference of 'rolls' and associations." p. 388, the last quote of Gurdjieff in the book, "In Search of the Miraculous."

On John Cook introducing the term "taboo" from the South Pacific, I'd would add another John Cooke, the subject of a book I just read the past couple days:

The Tyrannicide Brief by Geoffrey Robertson (2006, Vintage London).

Robertson rewrites the history of the barrister John Cooke who established "the right to remain silent," along with other modern rights.

Robertson notes that "the fabled sexual promiscuity of the Ranters inspired a moral panic in Parliament" while the Levellers were considered "the enemy within."

In honor of this taboo today I'll read Andrew Eames: "Crossing the Shadow Line: Travels in South-East Asia." (1986)

de profundis

I listen to ghazal's on http://kfai.org -- the Sangam show on sat. 5 to 7 pm (it's archived and the last show was superb! There's a different d.j. every week, about 5 in all taking turns -- all S. Asian music).

As for John Chang -- just consider the comments over at the latest michaelprescott.typepad.com blog where the "white male gurus" have banned me. I'm bringing up the necessity to sublimate sexual energy so that it's ionized in order to create electromagnetic fields.

I'm emphasizing that full-lotus is by far the most effective means to do this but that the small universe practice enables a person to stay in full-lotus -- after the "foundation" has been achieved, the opening of the third eye.

I'm stating that this process is completely based on complimentary harmonics of yin (3:4) and yang (2:3) from the Pythagorean Tetrad or 1:2:3:4. This knowledge is not found in the West because it relies on asymmetric harmonics, while all of Western science, as per correspondant, quantum chaos math professor Ian Stewart notes, in his new book, is based on "Why Beauty is Truth: A History of Symmetry" (2007).

This asymmetric, complimentary opposite knowledge is passed on starting from trance dance healing -- so that people could see light within the body. Then the full-lotus is found in the Dravidian statue in the oldest city in India. It's also found in Native American culture. The small universe is a mediator practice that connects trance dance or tai chi with the full-lotus through complimentary opposite harmonics.

In other words the "small universe" is the key practice to create paranormal powers.

John Chang knows of these principles and practices them as a master. I have had the amazing opportunity to study with a master of similar level -- Master Chunyi Lin who is recommended by the Mayo Clinic for healing late-term cancer. He says he has a 90% cure rate for everything from HIV positive to MS to deafness to paralysis and he does PHONE HEALING. Qigong Master Chunyi Lin just co-authored a Mayo Clinic medical textbook chapter with Mayo Clinic doctor Nina Mishek and qigong master Chunyi Lin has given qigong classes to the Mayo Clinic doctors. Qigong master Chunyi Lin is also currently doing an N.I.H. study.

Mitch Horowitz, the spiritual editor for Penguin, responded to my email stating that he planned to attend qigong Master Chunyi Lin's class to investigate Master Chunyi Lin's healing at the Mayo Clinic. This may be included in Mitch Horowitz' forthcoming book on Occult America.

The discussion at michael prescott's blog on what enables paranormal ability is similar to what has happened here -- the emphasis is on "suppression of the left brain."

In fact if we read Lynn McTaggert's excellent new book "The Intention Experiments" it's been proven that meditation relies on the left brain AND ON THE CEREBELLUM.

In fact the whole brain is VERY active in meditation -- the difference is that it's highly synchronized and therefore creates intensity of light. It's not "irrational" or "crazy" -- rather it's nonwestern music which is just as much mathematics (the Harmonic Series) as emotion and analysis a la Poe.

I can "flex" my pineal gland at will -- when I do this my vagus nerve on the right side of my neck starts pulsating. Last time I saw one of my sisters she noted that my "eyes flickered" and it was "freaky" -- that's just the beginning stages of the energy opening up blockages in my eyes.

As the energy converts from electrochemical levels, through further ionization, to electromagnetic, then the light becomes more coherent and more intense.

At this stage it's a deeper "trance" condition -- again all of this takes place while in full-lotus.

If I eat just one meal a day then I can maintain open energy channels so that I can see white light around people's heads. This means transmission is a go ahead. Of course I can feel the transmission -- the emotions of those around me being transformed as they are cycled through my body.

What qigong master Chunyi Lin is doing is presenting and teaching a very accessible method that enables anyone to achieve these capabilities. His "small universe" C.D. or tape is an excellent tool to learn these abilities.

He has told the classes I was in that he levitated 9 feet, spiralling up, while in deep meditation in the mountains. He stated that he sat in a cave for 40 days straight, in full-lotus, no food and no water and no sleep. He stated that once he transferred all the alcohol content from 6 bottles of wine into another 6 bottles so that the latter had twice the amount of alcohol. He stated he received very specific news about what the future of China was to be -- names included and it came to pass.

Now it would be easy to dismiss these testimonies of his meditation experience but as I've mention in my "this reminds me" post -- I've experienced consistent application of his healing skills in a very respectable manner. Sure he makes some light-hearted jokes that sometimes utilize telepathy but that's to be expected by someone who can make you immersed in bright light filled with bliss and who can look at a specific part of your body, immediately created intense blissful heat.

Master Chunyi Lin and Master Jim Nance both state they can smell cancer as "rotting flesh." I think this is because when they smell the cancer they are already burning it away with the synchronized laser power. In fact I too have had this experience when the light in my skull was very intense.

I assure you that every night when I sit in full-lotus my skull makes loud cracking noises and I can feel strong pressure behind my eyes, my eyebrows, etc., as the blockages leave my body -- through my eyes.

This is called "the quick fire" in Taoist Yoga -- the eyes are a pathway for healing.

Master Chunyi Lin has studied with very amazing paranormal masters in the mountains in China -- with the "Gold Aura" that is the creation of another physical body -- the level 7 of Gurdjieff's system. Master Chunyi Lin, before I saw the John Chang video, already shared how one of his teachers, Buddhist master Yao, would light paper balls on fire -- using his eyes.

I've posted on Laura's "sign of the times" forum in response to a http://conspiracycentral.info poster or maybe it was http://unexplained-mysteries.com (where I was banned for bringing up these tantra issues).

Anyway Laura does a good job on understanding the Stargate Conspiracy (and taking on the AboveTopSecret website).

But again this whole mind-psychic channelling thing is, as Stan Gooch details, based on generalized philosophy with really no applicable details for practical healing energy.

Laura's article on Gurdjieff is very revealing. This is the critical revelation:

"And yet...! Is not the System of Octaves symbolized by the musical scale (tones and semitones) as well as by the notes that compose it (Dominus, Sidereus orbis, etc...). Is not the origin of these notes a Christian hymn to John the Baptist? Mouravieff reminds us of this in detail (Gnosis, chapter 10). He therefore responds, in preventive measure, to the issues raised by Patterson by showing that Christianity, including its European version, contained the System of Octaves at a certain period."

God this reminds of a passage I read last night:

"Is not this the same thing which is described in the Acts as the descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles, when they began to understand divers languages?" asked someone. [of Gurdjieff]

I [Ouspensky] noticed that such questions always irritated G.

"I don't know, I wasn't there," he said. p. 96, "In Search of the Miraculous"

Now for Boris to claim, as Laura records, that Gurdjieff has bad communication skills and therefore was dependent on Ouspensky is a complete joke.

This joke is verified when Gurdjieff asks Ouspensky to provide his commentary of the cosmos:

"See what you can say from your point of view, taking everything just as I said it." (p. 208)

Ouspensky rattles on for FIVE WORTHLESS PAGES (which I tore out of the book because they're so stupid).

Then on page 213 Gurdjieff responds with this very SLY comment:

"I will only add one thing more:

"Time is breath -- try to understand this."

He said nothing further. (p. 213)

Now that Ouspensky reports this without even seeing the SLY joke involved is proof that Gurdjieff in no way was dependent on Ouspensky and also that Ouspensky was simply a scribe, not a teacher.

Not only that but Boris does not understand Gurdjieff, because as I've stated, Gurdjieff was translating nonwestern alchemy into Western philosophy and this confused people.

First of all the Christian scale that Boris' refers to does not rely on asymmetric harmonics -- there's no understanding of how to apply this to the body, as Gurdjieff details in his alchemical teaching which exactly parallels the same as the Taoist Yoga book.

The crucial emphasis of Gurdjieff is that in the West the lower emotions remain undeveloped and it takes a conscious sublimation of these emotions. The sex center is the neutralizing force of the moving center, the lower electrochemical energy center of the body.

So what enables a person to sit in full-lotus is the ability to shoot the yang light-energy back into the yin electrochemical-energy. This creates an increase in vitality or electromagnetic energy. Taoist Yoga teaches that not until yang light-energy can be seen OUTSIDE the head is the female formless awareness established. Otherwise there continues to be just a repression of the lower emotions that creates a projection of oppression outside the body. As the female formless awareness deepens -- what Gurjdieff calls the "possibility of consciousness" then the electrochemical astral body -- shooting yang energy outside the mind -- turns into the electromagnetic astral body (the sun energy of immortality). Finally, as the Golden Light of the yin electrochemical energy merges in the Heart (source of Eternal Nature as Taoist Yoga calls it or the female formless awareness) another physical body is created -- the level 7 of Gurdjieff as the "starry" astral body, immortal in this solar system, beyond the sun.

Master Nan, Huai-chin also discusses these different "levels of emptiness" in his books which are truly amazing.

Now Gurdjieff reveals his secret translation of Western philosophy into nonwestern complimentary opposites with the following SLY comment:

"But, in this connection, it must be remembered that 'intelligence' is determined not by the density of matter but by the density of vibrations. The density of vibrations, however increases not, by doubling as in the octaves of 'hydrogens' [and the Christian doubling scale Boris refers to] but in an entirely different progression which many times out numbers the first. If you know the exact coefficient of this increase you will be in a position to solve this problem." (p. 320)

Of course "coefficient" is a logarithmic term so the Western readers will never be able to solve this "entirely different progression" -- which, again, is the resonance of complimentary opposites.

Finally Gurdjieff emphasized again that alchemy is impersonal and based on the law of three as complimentary opposites:

"You must understand that each center is divided into three parts in conformity with the primary division of centers into 'thinking,' 'emotional,' and 'moving.' On the same principle each of these parts in its turn is divided into three. In addition, from the very outset each center is divided into two parts: positive and negative. And in all parts there are groups of 'rolls' connected together, some in one direction and others in another direction. This explains the differences between people, what is called 'individuality.' Of course there is in this no individuality at all, but simply a difference of 'rolls' and associations." p. 388, the last quote of Gurdjieff in the book, "In Search of the Miraculous."

On John Cook introducing the term "taboo" from the South Pacific, I'd would add another John Cooke, the subject of a book I just read the past couple days:

The Tyrannicide Brief by Geoffrey Robertson (2006, Vintage London).

Robertson rewrites the history of the barrister John Cooke who established "the right to remain silent," along with other modern rights.

Robertson notes that "the fabled sexual promiscuity of the Ranters inspired a moral panic in Parliament" while the Levellers were considered "the enemy within."

In honor of this taboo today I'll read Andrew Eames: "Crossing the Shadow Line: Travels in South-East Asia." (1986)

Sign in to follow this