Netero

Potent Systems

Ponder its meaning. Ask how is it that you relate. Take all that you know of studying Daoism, Tai Chi, Chi Gong, Wu Wei, NiGong and write a narrative. Reading someone else's disclosure is their subjective experience. You are your own expert.

Be still and know that I am one.

LOL!

I was thinking, "One is the loneliest number you will ever do....".

The paradox being that loneliness is from separation from the Self and the only cure for that human unawakened condition is Oneness with all.

According to the Avatar of Oneness University in Golden City, India, the stillness that is mentioned in almost all scriptures is produced when the parietal lobes of the brain are quieted and the frontal lobe is activated. That is the science behind the effects of Kundalini rising as portrayed in the TCM model symoblized as steam rising up the dan tiens as shown in the picture on my posts.

The stillness from this literal rewiring of the brain results in the spontaneous disconnect from the ego and then person experiences life from being in the moment instead of filtering all perception thru past experiences and social conditioning. Thus, the mind cannot heal the mind. It takes a higher form of energy which happens to be Kundalini or Prana or Chi. At least that is how I currently understand this. For most, Awakening has to happen before Enlightenment. 2 different types of functioning of the nervous system. So thank you Jim D. for the phrase Be still and know...

Knowledge is structured in Consciousness.

I too am a Licenced Clinical Professional Counselor. I am in private practice.  I remember a gentlemen whose nickname was "Lucifer." He had Schizophrenia with Paranoid Delusions. If he was off his medicaitons his voices would tell him to kill everybody, and then himself. When he was on his Meds he was manageable. I saw him in an outpatient setting. His medications were being managed by a consulting psychiatrist. He became my patient around the time the Twin Towers were flown into. His trust in me took a long time. He told me about a double bind he was put into by his parents which when he violated their rules he was beaten severely for doing so. In time, he eventually cut the throat of a man he thought was trying to harm him. He got an attempted murder charge and did time. Some of his pathology had religious overtones of persecution as well.

Well I figured out how it is that I could help Lucifer feel better about himself. It was through his teaching me Backgammon. I believe that he was even able to bring himself to feel affection for me. His absolute attacment was to his wife, and then secondly to his two pitbulls.

Lucifer was inked up, had long braided hair, a bandana around his forehead, rings on his fingers, shades, and jean shorts with tennis shoes and had a very large knife in his pocket which I asked him to leave at home. Which he did. He let me take a look at it, and then I gave it back.

I have been in the field since 1990 have worked with a spectrum of populations and indivduals a long the way. I am 70 and still doing it. Only, I have quit seeing persons under 18. Most of my work is with couples, females in difficult relationships, depressed and anxious persons. Much easier on me now a days. :)

Wow,  Lucifer sounds like he is right out of one of the Marvel Comics tv shows that I now watch, Gotham or the Flash or The Arrow. That is great that at 70 you can still do it. I began my career in 1973 and retired last year. The interesting thing is that everyone on this planet who is not Awakened is not in their right mind, myself included. I am too lazy to fly to southern India to take the course for a few weeks and come back Awakened. And just think, people used to trek across India, China and Tibet seeking a master and now all we have to do is fly to Oneness University. I will wait till the course is offered in the U.S.

I worked at inpatient, 16 bed extended acute care facility for the severely mentally ill. We ran a qigong group for them daily for 8 years. Many schizophrenics there. I used their behavior in the group as one way to measure their progress in treatment. Some of them did some pretty bizarre behavior when they began the group after first being admitted to the facility. But after some months their qigong performance looked pretty good and I even had some them leading the group at times since they made so much progress. The transformation was amazing to watch. We had some patients who would not get out of bed to go to any groups because they were so depressed at times, yet some of those people would get out of bed to go to the qigong group. I asked one elderly schizophrenic who hallucinated quite a bit even while on medication what he got out of qigong. He replied that it was the only time his mind was quiet. We used Spring Forest Qigong because it had research studies showing that it decreased depression and anxiety even beyond the expected levels of the experimenters. The other psychotherapist and myself were then sent to a workshop to be trained in person by Master Chunyi Li so that we could then use Spring Forest Qigong for our qigong group. Obviously, I loved being paid to do qigong on the job.

At the workshop which consisted of psychotherapists from all over the United States Chunyi Li demonstrated his ability to see physical ailments with his third  eye. He was 100% accurate in finding the exact location for each person's pain. I think that he did this at the beginning of the workshop to show that he was the real thing and that qigong works in order to dispel the skepticism of the audience. I was impressed with how humble and modest Chunyi really is. A good sense of humor too!

That's fascinating. Did any of the patients experience side effects from their practice? I would have thought if anyone would be vulnerable to some kind of qi gong sickness, it would be a room full of psychiatric patients.

And if you don't mind my asking, why did you stop practicing Spring Forest Qigong? It sounds like it was yielding excellent results.

This teacher works with ..., I think they are people with special needs and seems they practice Kong Jing qi gong set. 

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Wow, that video brings back memories! That is a nice gentle looking and easy to perform qigong method. I will have to look it up online.

To answer a question, there were no known bad side effects from our severely mentally ill people doing qigong. Some qigong masters had advised us not to teach them any movements that would bring chi to their heads. That made sense since they already have too much energy there anyway but we never bothered to avoid that. What was gratifying was some of our most disruptive patients actually embraced qigong and they turned out to be model students while in the group, their behavior was well controlled and some had family members order them a qigong dvd so they could continue after discharge from our facility.

Spring Forest Qigong is especially good because the movements allow most people to feel chi flowing in their hands quickly. I remember that after several months I could eventually feel some degree of chi flow in my hands from every one of the movements. So it does build up the chi. I stopped doing it at work because I retired and no longer worked there. I stopped doing it at home before that because I found other qigong methods that Eric found that gave more benefits to me. Flying Phoenix was one of those, and if you do Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, then you really don't have time to do any other method.

• Like 1

It would be wonderful to experience absolute stillness as in outer space. When I am still and everything around me is still I can hear my insides working.

Anything that involves the word 'potent' should be avoided and people seeking it should be rejected from learning.

• Like 1

Anything that involves the word 'potent' should be avoided and people seeking it should be rejected from learning.

I interpreted the "potent" in the title to mean effective, and I see nothing wrong with either people claiming to teach effective systems (as long as those systems are in fact effective) or with people seeking out systems which are effective.

To answer a question, there were no known bad side effects from our severely mentally ill people doing qigong. Some qigong masters had advised us not to teach them any movements that would bring chi to their heads. That made sense since they already have too much energy there anyway but we never bothered to avoid that. What was gratifying was some of our most disruptive patients actually embraced qigong and they turned out to be model students while in the group, their behavior was well controlled and some had family members order them a qigong dvd so they could continue after discharge from our facility.

That's fascinating - it would have made for a very interesting study. 

Spring Forest Qigong is especially good because the movements allow most people to feel chi flowing in their hands quickly. I remember that after several months I could eventually feel some degree of chi flow in my hands from every one of the movements. So it does build up the chi. I stopped doing it at work because I retired and no longer worked there. I stopped doing it at home before that because I found other qigong methods that Eric found that gave more benefits to me. Flying Phoenix was one of those, and if you do Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, then you really don't have time to do any other method.

Fair enough - FP is an awesome system but can definitely be time consuming.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

I remember a Schizo-Affective 35 year old nursing home male resident that showed me a Karate Kata. I read some William Glazer in the 80's who believed that Schizophrenia is a matter of not taking responsiblity for your self.

This teacher works with ..., I think they are people with special needs and seems they practice Kong Jing qi gong set. 

This was really awesome to watch, thanks !!!

• Like 2

What amazes me is you don't think that the patient is aware of you and what you are doing. But they are! And so is the instructor as evidenced by his breaking the pose to direct someone in the group...and then he encourages the person with a nod. :)

• Like 1

Some of our patients were so aware of what I was demonstrating that if I scratched my nose during the routine, they scratched their nose thinking it was part of the form, LOL. A lady around 80 years old did that and I burst out laughing. They took correction very well and tried hard. I wish I could say the same for the staff that was supposed to be joining in that group too.

Our people became so good at Spring Forest Qigong that I often did the entire half hour session in total silence with my eyes closed. We always played good Asian themed music with the form.

• Like 1

I wonder what it does to the CNS system. It would be interesting how the QiGong affects the Amyddala!

Good question. There is only one guy that I know of who had been involved in researching qigong in terms of Western physiology and that is John Alton who is connected with University of Virginia where they put his qigong class under the Nursing Dept.

He would be the guy to ask about the Amygdala and nervous system. You can hear his 2014 lecture to the Google people where he discusses qigong in terms of the Western view of the body. He created a system that he learned from a master when he was in China using The Three Emperor Qigong form also with what John calls the Reflective Exercise Response which consists of learning to feel a pulse in your lower abdomen and then being able to send that pulse to whatever needs healing in your body and it is supposed to heal almost instantly. I recently ordered the dvd but John must be in China or elsewhere since he did not send confirmation of the order and did not ship it so I recently cancelled the order. It did not test very well for me anyway when I had the medical clairvoyant check it out. John wrote a book in 1997 about his qigong experiences in China and his subsequent research. He shows just how qigong is able to improve health. It works strongly with the lymphatic system. I think he also covers the CNS, I have not finished reading it.

I just watched 2 youtube videos by Damo Mitchell doing Wu Xing Qigong 5 elements and also Ji Ben Gong which is neigong.

They look easy to follow him. Has anyone on here learned any of his methods? He is offering a retreat in Sept. in Maryland where I live but there is no description of what it will be about. It seems to require some kind of membership called ACG which sounds like some kind of ongoing certification course.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Any one ever worked with any of the dvds from Grandmaster Zhang Yuanming? His lineage is amazing so I suspect his qigong is authentic. I watched a clip of his Dragon Qigong which was way beyond my level but I just ordered his 5 Element dvd for the liver since that is my weak point. I want to give that area extra treatment and add it to Damo Mitchell's Wu Xing Qigong which tested very well and is so easy to do and I felt Qi flow in the hands from the very first movement. That video is available on YouTube and only takes 6 minutes to do all 5 Elements. The test report from the medical clairvoyant:

Wu Xing Qigong. pronounced woo sheeng chi kung. ———Looks very good. Purifying and cleansing and it should move the kundalini energy up the spine to the higher centers.

What I like about the above test results is that when Kundalini reaches the higher centers and remains there, you are then in the Awakened state of consciousness per the current avatar for the planet, Sri Ama-Bhagavan of Oneness University in Golden City, southern India.

Edited by tao stillness

I was curious about this Neigong. So, I looked for it on Youtube. It looks very much like using your own muscle groups as resistant training,,,like pushing up against a door jam.

I work out three times per week, and take off on the weekend. I do resistance, cardio, weight, and balance training and have been since the 70's. I do not see the difference between Neigong and my working out. I know that if I continue working out that the probability of my living into my 90's is high. Tai Chi practioners claim the same outcome. I want to be cut. It makes me look younger than my years and will give me longevity.

So, what is the advantage of practicing Neigong if the outcome is the same as working out for me.

• Like 1