Lois

Atlantis

It is a very safe thing to say  as  I wont be eating it   :)   ...  not because of  any 'reality' of Atlantis .... unless it is  backed up with some reasonable  reseach.  And that isnt a hollow caw ....  its from years of research on both sides of the issue.

Not quite ..... 

An Edgar Cayce,  Atlantis, 'YouTube' video as 'evidence'   ..... oh dear .... oh my .....  

240_F_80865589_17hwzATlaXHpoKRKruFD19374

Cayce's medical diagnoses and his suggestions for therapies proved right in countless cases (no pun intended). Also other kinds of information he provided while in trance was shown to be accurate. That doesn't mean that he was always right about everything (no psychic is). However, it does mean that he isn't a bad reference.

The video is not the evidence, rather, the evidence is in the video. Trying to properly evaluate evidence is one thing - to depreciate it a priori because it is found on UFO TV and/or Youtube quite another.

acpqtu.gif

Then one needs to look at the 'researchers', their work, their qualifications and the latest findings.   Thats called investigating something.

Like when Thelearner mentioned the cocaine mummies ... I had read up on this when it cane out. and I was very interested. Then I read more recent papers on its debunking ... that seemed okay at first, but I still had doubts both ways.

The when I read Thelearners post, I wondered what the latest was on it ... so I looked up some stuff very briefly ... and got this :

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/ethnic/mummy.htm

It is determined that the original findings are supported by substantial evidence despite the initial criticisms " 

Note in this link, its source site, references and literature cited and  ' considerations'    ( which  point out a  a cultural bias ... one could say that any postulated 'Atlantis' also supports this  same cultural  bias ) . 

So I accepted Thelearners comment on it  ... not just accepted or denied it due to some personal whim or preference. 

It has been said that science is the latest development of error, and there is some truth to that, given that so many scientific insights, once seemengly well supported by facts, needed to be revised later when new facts were discovered or finally acknowledged, or when old facts were seen in a new light. If you want to continuously make your beliefs a decal image of the latest doctrine, that's your choice. Good luck with this. Personally, in certain cases, I prefer to wait for science to catch up with what my intuition tells me (and if it doesn't - bad for science :P ).

Are you being serious ...  I have to leave it undecided because we cant personally go there with a team of experienced archeologists with adequate equipment , dive gear, boats etc.    :blink:

yet, you had already decided yourself without going there from the evidence in an Edgar cayce ufo/tv youtube .... but when other evidence is presented ... we both need to go there with a team ourselves ? ! 

Usually  we tend to leave that thing up to others trained in those fields , then we can read their papers, follow along with their postulations and evidence  and use our brain power ! 

I mean ... one has to be on the ball a bit !   At first it sounds convincing when someone says ... "It bears evidence of human tooling "  until someone else says " Dude ! People have been diving there for yonks and carving bits off ! "     And . at first, some may be impressed with the sneakily slipped in extra "and placed  there by human hands " ....   come on ... where is the evidence for that. After a while , on can detect the BS  by the way an article is written. 

Seriously ? !     Come on now  !

The foregoing should make my position on this clear.

Maybe he saw an Atlantis youtube in his trance and thought that was reality ?  

Well, that's funny...

You know, when predictions are obviously seen to not come true and people try to fudge on them ... it just makes it look worse. 

Not always ... just one example off the top of my head '  they decided to believe the Easter Island stories about how those statues got there ... they old stories said that they 'walked there'. 

Yes .... inanimate stone statues walked across the island from the quarry to the place they are in now.  And  some scientists went 'Okay then ... lets believe that and see if we can figure out what happened from the evidence available 

and ....  

This experiment did not challenge any assumption made by orthodox science. In fact, it served to demask a seemingly magical explanation as merely an application of known physics.

and the refs ....   also the site I mentioned above  has wealth of information ( with links and refs ) on  this and similar subjects. 

I have spent over 30 years studying such things, including Egyptology ..... I had to let go of a lot of what I used to believe in and what I wanted to believe in .  It isnt that I started out as some type of debunker or materialist ... I used to believe all that alternative stuff about the Great Pyramid, for example,  the more I researched it, from proper sources , the more I found out I had been swindled ! 

You do strike me as a natural sceptic, to some degree.

But I am certainly not saying we know everything  ....   look at Gobekli Tepe , that was a surprise .  

Yes, that is one of a number of amazing archeological sites. My "prophesy" is that they will lead to a largely expanded view on the history of our species, at last. Much like a few remaining questions in physics once opened up a whole new world of exploration now called "quantum mechanics". And in parallel to where science in general is heading - hopefully.

That this is taking a vague and disputable form first, occasionally exploited by charlatans, is hardly surprising.

Atlantis was a story told by Plato to make a point about what he observed occurring in his time  and he used the story as an analogy .... and like all stories, it may have bounced off some remembered events   (like Santorini )  ... or maybe the similarity was seen afterwards .

Another possibility I have seen discussed, re 'the Pillars of Hercules' , where they actually were ... and what the Greek word that is translated as 'beyond'   ( these pillars )  means in other contexts ... inside or outside of the Mediterranean Sea  .   Such conversations can be quiet long  ..... which is why I am not rehashing all that stuff here . 

I am gathering some material on this topic right now... Just in case! ;)

I see .... and you live in Germany   ...  

:wacko: I live in

4h7ehe.jpg

No, NOT Sweden or Swaziland!

29gkagz.png

actually, I happen to live in an Oasis that is little affected by climate change, its quiet pleasant here (often has a lower temperature mid summer than Tasmania ) ... and being a big island, all the way down here, we dont have vast populations walking in ....   and the ones that do get here ... we only have a few neo-nazis to harass them , oh yeah, and no  NATO / Russia conflict on the doorstep 

'Pretty much fucked' eh ? 

:D

So the point of posting an old Atlantis map was  ..........      ?   :unsure:

Satisfying people's curiosity as to what Atlantis may have looked like, spurred by our Russian host.

Something published by Kircher deserves an occultist's attention, in my view.

And while I do not consider it any kind of evidence either, I find this thought provoking:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread940795/pg1

• Like 1

No.  They just didn't know that their island was sourced by a volcanic hot-spot.

So ..... you dont think Plato was writing about the dangers of what he saw was happening in Athens , but recording a real event ? 

Whoa dude.  You're saying

We've Found Atlantis

and  it  is  US.

and not only that ....   also ;  and we haven't happened yet !  

I am wondering how many people know what Plato wrote about it ... or if they just heard he wrote about it , and they think the story of Atlantis is all the woo-woo that has popped up since ?  

<walks off mumbling with hands in pockets >   well , they might, who knows, I suppose I shouldnt expect people to be able to tell the difference , but its not like its that hat=rd to figure out ... I mean alll one has to do is go and look up wiki fer gawds sakes !!! ... that wouldnt be too hard would it ... but no they will just stick with all that fantasy stuff, I mean if one knew that  just got off their fucking arse I mean, for gods sake, how hard is it to look up something like wiki, admittedly it is not the best of references byt still is a fictional island mentioned within anallegory on the hubris of nations in Plato's works Timaeus and Critias, where it represents theantagonist naval power that besieges "Ancient Athens", the pseudo-historic embodiment of Plato's ideal state (see The Republic). In the story, Athens was able to repel the Atlantean attack, unlike any other nation of the (western) known world,[1] supposedly giving testament to the superiority of Plato's concept of a state.[2][3] At the end of the story, Atlantis eventually falls out of favor with the gods and famously submerges into the Atlantic Ocean.

Despite its minor importance in Plato's work, the Atlantis story has had a considerable impact on literature. The allegorical aspect of Atlantis was taken up in utopian works of several Renaissancewriters, such as Bacon's New Atlantis and More's Utopia.[4] On the other hand, 19th-century amateur scholars misinterpreted Plato's account as historical tradition, most notably in Donnelly'sAtlantis: The Antediluvian World. Plato's vague indications of the time of the events—more than 9,000 years before his day[5]—and the alleged location of Atlantis—"beyond the Pillars of Hercules"—has led to much pseudoscientific speculation.[6] As a consequence, Atlantis has become a byword for any and all supposed advanced prehistoric lost civilizations and continues to inspire contemporary fiction, from comic books to films.

mumble mumble grumble  ,,, i mean putting in context with the whole of what Tiomeaus was about might kick their wrse too  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timaeus_(dialogue)  and this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critias_(dialogue)   ... dang blast it !  

PandaTantrum.gif

Edited by Nungali

So ..... you dont think Plato was writing about the dangers of what he saw was happening in Athens , but recording a real event ? 

I think he was using the story of Atlantis as a vehicle for his philosophy regarding what was happening in Athens at the time.

Chuang Tzu uses this method repeatedly.

I have no idea if Plato thought Atlantis once really existed or that it was just a fish story.  I doubt it mattered that much to him one way of another.

But there is enough evidence to prove that there was a civilization living on the island of Santorini when the volcano erupted.  The center-most island has been labeled "Thera" and the people labeled "Minoans".  The eruption happened between 1640 and 1540 BCE.

Plato lived at least 1200 years after the event so all he was aware of were the stories about Atlantis.

• Like 2

:wacko: I live in

4h7ehe.jpg

You 'live in'  Miss Switzerland  ?   :unsure:  ....  ummmm ....  well, good luck to you, I suppose .      Dont you occasionally have to go to work or visit the relatives or something  ? 

No, NOT Sweden or Swaziland!

Oh , I live next door in 'Austria' .... 

29gkagz.png

<_<

Satisfying people's curiosity as to what Atlantis may have looked like, spurred by our Russian host.

One can get that from reading Plato .... oh, excuse me , for a moment there I thought people might actually go to the real source material ... silly me !    Our 'Russian Host' by the way was just trying to suck us into playing some on line find the treasure chest game and using Atlantis as a con ....  a lot of people use Atlantis as a con   ;)

Something published by Kircher deserves an occultist's attention, in my view.

General and vague comment. I want to know what the relevance of the map is to you and your theory about Atlantis. Are you suggesting that the map shows the size and location of Atlantis in reality ....ie. that it was a real country and continent, or big island and it 'sunk beneath the waves' in that location.

I just want to get this clear before I go on with this bit.   ( I mean just putting a pic up and then a map, without detailing how it supports your argument, or what your argument is, seems a bit ....  'open'  ) 

And while I do not consider it any kind of evidence either, I find this thought provoking:

• Like 1

Cayce's medical diagnoses and his suggestions for therapies proved right in countless cases (no pun intended). Also other kinds of information he provided while in trance was shown to be accurate. That doesn't mean that he was always right about everything (no psychic is). However, it does mean that he isn't a bad reference.

I won't go off on a tangent about Cayce ... I dont see him or his methods as a valid source for investigating any reality about Atlantis ... already there is a big issue about his prophecy about Atlantis.  I would rather concentrate on real evidence for or against Atlantis and not someone's dream visions. Many people believe he was exposed as a fake. I dont see how such a psychic can be counted as a reasonable reference. 

I am sure we will disagree on this point, however, I will offer the following; 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce#Controversy_and_criticism

The other side doesnt seem to offer much  ;     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce#Reputation_for_psychic_abilities

Yes, he may have done some healing and discovered some methods but his critics have some solid evidence against him . The way I look at this is similar to Steiner , I follow some of his agricultural stuff, and some of his educational theories are good .... but he is also an Atlantis believer , and because I have realised that is a crock of crap, I have no need to swallow the whole concoction of 'Steinerism' .   These 'post Victorian' trance occultists 'saw' many similar things ... you know, we can track down the start of this phenomena and who started it ... the same way as we can track the 'Flying Saucer' phenomena .

A good occultists IMO should not swallow hook line and sinker ... but investigate and update with the latests findings and research.  Unless one is into retro occultism as a hobby or fashion ... I am into it as a curiosity ... but not as  a part of my system.

The video is not the evidence, rather, the evidence is in the video. Trying to properly evaluate evidence is one thing - to depreciate it a priori because it is found on UFO TV and/or Youtube quite another.

Not quite my opinions about   Edgar Casey , A.R.E. , UFO/TV  and other things were not formed before my experience of them, but after seeing what they put out .... also 'History' Chanel , Ancient Aliens ... etc . 

I did ' depreciate it a prior' because of my experience with those sources , but still, I went back, and looked and 'did my homework' as you said, didnt I ... and still I found the same old stuff, the fudging of the evidence, the wrong info, etc . 

This keeps happening ... after a while one gets tired of these badly researched but somehow popular for the masses  sources.

As I said, I prefer text, with notes and references to check up on. 

acpqtu.gif

Funny !  But in this conversation, I represent the 'scientist' and  the 'evidence based approach using the latest technology and learning'   .... and the bishop donging the  ' unbiased observer' on the head would be .....  ? 

It has been said that science is the latest development of error,

Okay, best of luck next time you  fly on a plane, drive a car, use your computer, turn on a power point  .... 

and there is some truth to that, given that so many scientific insights, once seemengly well supported by facts, needed to be revised later when new facts were discovered or finally acknowledged, or when old facts were seen in a new light.

Of course, that is the way science works ... as new  research reveals new info the map is redrawn . What, we are supposed to stay frozen in some old scientific era ?    

If you want to continuously make your beliefs a decal image of the latest doctrine, that's your choice.

That's a silly way to look at it and that is not at all how it works .... and I suspect you realise this . 

One thing, just one thing I will say here.  I am not, nor is 'science' looking at some latests 'doctrine' or latest finding about the Bimini 'road' to decide whether  Atlantis was out there in the Atlantic  (and boy, would that have been some long road ! ) ... there are a whole range of other sciences to prove or disprove a continent or large island there ... like geology, the history laid down on the ocean floor, plate tectonics , etc etc . 

Another example is, I am interested in the PIE homelands as described in the Avesta ... I can come to no real  conclusion on it as there is scant archaeological evidence for it .  I have a romantic attachment to the idea, but 'scripture ' ( Avestas) isnt a real record.  That evidence may arise in the future and then my romantic notions may have some validity. 

What is wrong with the development of ideas in this way ?   Do you really think I am adopting the 'decal image of the latest doctrine' due to some prejudices I have ? 

Good luck with this. Personally, in certain cases, I prefer to wait for science to catch up with what my intuition tells me (and if it doesn't - bad for science :P ).

Thats your perogative ....    I think one would have to be clear on what is causing and motivating one's 'intuition'   to give that, alone,  precedence outside of 'empirical findings' .

The foregoing should make my position on this clear.

Well, that's funny...

This experiment did not challenge any assumption made by orthodox science. In fact, it served to demask a seemingly magical explanation as merely an application of known physics.

You do strike me as a natural sceptic, to some degree.

No, not generally, its just that early in my investigations into the occult and similar realms I hit upon the idea of 'scientific illuminism' using the principles of science to investigate occultism, instead of just believing what appeals to one, for whatever reason that may be ... its about getting a clear view, relatively  removed from ones hopes and beliefs ... like that guy in your cartoon  ;)

Yes, that is one of a number of amazing archeological sites. My "prophesy" is that they will lead to a largely expanded view on the history of our species, at last. Much like a few remaining questions in physics once opened up a whole new world of exploration now called "quantum mechanics". And in parallel to where science in general is heading - hopefully.

A new discovery like that, will of course lead to an expanded view on our history ... that is a very safe 'prophetic' bet .... I mean , that's already happened !   

prophesy ... you're funny   :)

That this is taking a vague and disputable form first, occasionally exploited by charlatans, is hardly surprising.

I am gathering some material on this topic right now... Just in case! ;)

Great !   First up, can you answer my question above about the map of Atlantis you posted ; 

Are you claiming it represents  some physical land in that location ? 

Just to be clear I will state my position on Atlantis ... its pretty much what the wiki  article says, and what empirical findings show;

Atlantis  is a fictional island mentioned within an allegory on the hubris of nations in Plato's works Timaeus and Critias, where it represents the antagonist naval power that besieges "Ancient Athens", the pseudo-historic embodiment of Plato's ideal state (see The Republic). In the story, Athens was able to repel the Atlantean attack, unlike any other nation of the (western) known world, supposedly giving testament to the superiority of Plato's concept of a state. " 

What is you view on what Atlantis was ( or is ) ? 

You 'live in'  Miss Switzerland  ?   :unsure:  ....  ummmm ....  well, good luck to you, I suppose .      Dont you occasionally have to go to work or visit the relatives or something  ? 

Nope. Don't you get it? I am the tapeworm that keeps her slim!

Now, before I go into your other questions... I am trying hard to find some of my books on Atlantis with more elaborate information. They must be in some of the still unopened boxes from my last move...

I am also supposed to receive a new book soon which is based on modern geological/oceanographic discoveries.

Bear with me - I'll be back!

29a7v8.jpg

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Surely you can answer my two questions without having to stall to find your books ? 

1. What is your view on  what Atlantis  was ( or is )  ?   ... I mean , just your own view , you shouldn't need books for that ... unless you are reforming your view ? 

2. Are you claiming the map you posted is representative of some land that was in that location ? 

You might need a wide range of geological areas and oceanic research  to cover all the locations 

400px-Location_hypothesis_of_Atlantis_-_

( I hope you are not wasting good money on bad books , I have read a few papers on geology and oceanography purporting to prove a lost continent   ... they show some evidence of them .... millions of years ago . Then their proponents go on a tangent of trying to argue for long lost civilisations that were entirely obliterated so no trace was left  ... and so on .  )

Edited by Nungali

Surely you can answer my two questions without having to stall to find your books ?

1. What is your view on what Atlantis was ( or is ) ? ... I mean , just your own view , you shouldn't need books for that ... unless you are reforming your view ?

Well, obviously, there is no hard evidence for it (otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate), but I believe Atlantis was the home of a highly advanced culture which "inseminated" other cultures, especially Ancient Egypt. The legendary Thoth or Hermes Trismegistos may have been either an Atlantean himself or a student of theirs.

2. Are you claiming the map you posted is representative of some land that was in that location ?

You might need a wide range of geological areas and oceanic research to cover all the locations

400px-Location_hypothesis_of_Atlantis_-_

I think that Atlantis was indeed an island between the African and American continents, just like Kircher's map suggests. Even though its accuracy seems hard to determine. However, I posted this link above, regarding that map:

There are several videos on here. You have explained why watching videos is unpractical for you, but alas, you need to watch at least the last one (before the comments, under the title "Proof of Atlantis", posted in June 2012) if you want to be on the same page with me (LOL). What the author of this blog has found is quite awesome.

( I hope you are not wasting good money on bad books , I have read a few papers on geology and oceanography purporting to prove a lost continent ... they show some evidence of them .... millions of years ago . Then their proponents go on a tangent of trying to argue for long lost civilisations that were entirely obliterated so no trace was left ... and so on . )

Oh, thanks for your concern, but no worries, I have a lucky hand with books. :)

... especially Ancient Egypt.

The last documentary I watched regarding Atlantis it was suggested that the Egyptians knew of them and traded with them (The Minoans).

• Like 1

Well, obviously, there is no hard evidence for it (otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate), but I believe Atlantis was the home of a highly advanced culture which "inseminated" other cultures, especially Ancient Egypt. The legendary Thoth or Hermes Trismegistos may have been either an Atlantean himself or a student of theirs.

Ah ... the old Donelly caper 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_L._Donnelly

As far as Thoth being an Atlantean ... what can I say ... we have entered the realm of 'belief' . 

I think that Atlantis was indeed an island between the African and American continents, just like Kircher's map suggests. Even though its accuracy seems hard to determine. However, I posted this link above, regarding that map:

There are several videos on here. You have explained why watching videos is unpractical for you, but alas, you need to watch at least the last one (before the comments, under the title "Proof of Atlantis", posted in June 2012) if you want to be on the same page with me (LOL). What the author of this blog has found is quite awesome.

I tried ; blank screen with 'This video does not exist' pasted across it. 

Oh, thanks for your concern, but no worries, I have a lucky hand with books. :)

However , can we just discuss that undersea formation  anyway ? 

and the viability of building  a road from Bimini to that location  ( since that is where the road is supposed to go to  - or has that changed now ? ) 

ooops ... you mean the one under it   .   

If I watch  all that video  ( I watched a bit and read the posts  )   will you also read posts from a site that I can link to ? 

Oh dear  the first few minutes was that guy on the vid reaing a Wiki article about Kicher .  Then ha says "This is the guy you want to go to to know something about Egypt"  . ( 1.40 )  . 

Ummmm .... no,  There has been a wealth of information about Egypt since then , he is not the person to go to find out something about Egypt . unless you live in  mid 1600s .    I am assuming I dont have to elaborate on why ? 

Then he says if you want to know about something go to the jesuits and the catholic church "This guy knew what was going on" ??? 

He says that Kirches map was "A map of Atlantis according to the Ancient Egyptian maps ." What anceint Egyptian maps ?   Without referencing them, this is just s statement .  I would love to see these ancient Egyptian maps of Atlantis , if you can help me out here . All I could find was these  

or the "maps taken from Egypt by the Romasn at 30 bc" .  Next follows some time explaining how the map is upside down .... errrm ... obvious !   Then there is the scale . Dude says he believes it isnt to scale .   he says thats point 1  (I would call it fudge 3 ,,, but anyway, to continue .. 

@ 7.09 he shows  fracture patterns on the sea floor  and says it looks like a city that used to be there ???  Even though it isnt on the 'island' of Atlantis' .  Then follows several minutes of rehashing what he already said .  

Actually, the whole vid can be summed up  from 9.00 to 9.10  !     :angry:

Michael !     You could have just referred me to the map, to the location on google earth and said, "How do I explain that feature " ".

smiley-face-shaking-fist.gif

tumblr_mzp4uw8vKO1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Nungali, while fussing over subsidiary matters, you didn't even mention what is of interest here: That there is a large platform submerged in the Atlantic which resembles the island on Kircher's map a lot. Let's consider that the sea level was considerably lower before the end of the last ice age.

Moreover, it is at the same latitude like Giza and at a longitude that was predicted for Atlantis based on the structural analysis of an Egyptian temple. If I had the money, I would organize an expedition there at once. If you don't even find it remarkable, I probably can't help you.

Nungali, while fussing over subsidiary matters,

What 'subsidiary matters' ? 

you didn't even mention what is of interest here: That there is a large platform submerged in the Atlantic which resembles the island on Kircher's map a lot.

No I was bitching that I didnt have to watch that vid as I suspected !  The relevant info, I think is in the posts on that 'top secret' forum  where the points of reference similarities are listed .....  yes ? 

I haven't addressed those yet  ( the similarity of undersea feature to the map )  , I said I will be back .

Let's consider that the sea level was considerably lower before the end of the last ice age.

This is what I am , not just considering  , but  finding out the details of that  ( which is why I was taking time out before I go on ). Besides I find such a consideration, as you put it, pretty vague.   Eg, how much lower ?  When did it start sinking, when did it finish, etc .   For a start, do you understand how such features, regardless of how they look now, were formed, and the time scale and dates of them ?  I am  partially informed of that, but I am cross checking to look for latest info .  Why mention the ice age at all, unless that is going to be part of your dating to coincide with that piece of land being above the surface  ... things like that ....

.... sorry, I am an analist  .... I mean  analyst    ^_^

Moreover, it is at the same latitude like Giza and at a longitude that was predicted for Atlantis based on the structural analysis of an Egyptian temple.

Okay , I missed something there .      can I please have the reference for this   ,as it sounds like you are referring to something I should have seen ? 

If not and this is a new one .... but I will wait, maybe  I did miss it or its in another video or text ? 

If I had the money, I would organize an expedition there at once.

Hang on .... let's do some background research first ?    If  it can be understood then the money is saved, if it cant then you have  extra info for getting someone to finance your expedition    ^_^ .  

If you don't even find it remarkable, I probably can't help you.

If I had not found what you presented interesting  ( those comparison points from feature to map ) I would not be doing this . 

PS. I just found out that this feature is one of the most surveyed and explored of many of them

"  is one of the most completely investigated seamounts in the world "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Meteor_Seamount

... some companies offer dive tours there 

http://www.divediscover.whoi.edu/hottopics/seamounts.html

maybe Arnie is too full on ?  ... 

I shall return 

macarthur.gif

Edited by Nungali

Before I go further though  here are some more points about that link and what was said in the post  "  Mountain [city] in the same place. [This can be seen in video]  "

IN the video the 'city' is not in or near the sea mount.  That is acknowledged (and brushed over as 'some people say '  that this is a city )   in the video, so the poster was not quoting the video correctly , and besides , that city 

18mksgxu8j3cyjpg.jpg

has been debunked  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2096928/Google-Earth-removes-gridlike-pattern-sparked-lost-city-Atlantis-rumours-map.html

now the guy on the video skirted around that and did say he was talking about the mount ... but for some reason he also showed the 'city' ? ? ?  Regardless , the poster's point about a city , being one oif the stacking up 'coincidences is eliminated. 

The other big issue is the google earth image of the seamount does not show the features on the map ... there is some fast footwork there .    The  Atlantis  physical features as described by Plato  are compared with the Kircher map and then  the  Kircher map is xompoared to the google image of the sea mount .  

The reason the map is drawn like it is is because it is trying to represent  Plato's Atlantis   (unless proof can be shown of a map that predates Plato's writing ,like this Egyptian one, if it does predate Plato's writing ) . .  So there is an obvious similarity. But google image map does not  have the features on the map.

At this stage however , it does seem to have a similar general outline.  

So 

" Coincidence you say? 

The Location is in the same place, just west of the Pillars of Hercules and in the ocean named after it  (okay 1) 

5 matching angles and lengths, all in the same place  (vaguely yes , but also quiet different , it does look like a generally matching 5 sided shape ... so, okay, 2.  ) 

Arrowhead "nick" in the same place   (  he hasnt defined which place and I cant see an 'arrow head nick' , I can see a sort of double curved bay with a peninsular coming out of it and then it goes down to the 'bottom' point , so, still 2 )

Mountain [city] in the same place. [This can be seen in video]  ( no way  2 ) 

3 river channels in the same place  ( I cant see any river chanells on the sea mount, only on the map  so 2 )

2 smaller islands  ( okay, as far a stretch as the match seems  3 ) 

13 coincidences?   ( 3 coincidences ) 

3 rivers cannot be seen, and 2 islands are in the wrong spot, though still on the correct side. 13 coincidences out of 18 do not make a coincidence. 13 coincidences equal a fairly accurate representation.  "   ( he's fudged it  ) 

And this is still analysing the  content and logic of the claim ... no 'science' as yet  ... and still curious how the road went all the way from Bimini to this location ?

There is more to come 

Oh boy are you gonna luv this 

Atlantis-Great Meteor Seamount Chain and the Atlantis-Plato-Cruiser-Great Meteor Seamount Group,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seewarte_Seamounts

:o

:D    as you  first said about this link you put up  " Not that I think it is any evidence ... but it is interesting ."  

;)

The high point of the mount tested  to have formed underwater at  between 7Ma and 22Ma 

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=3vHsCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=Who+named+the+Atlantis-Great+Meteor+Seamount+Chain+and+the+Atlantis-Plato-Cruiser-Great+Meteor+Seamount+Group+?&source=bl&ots=gPzUc2L94m&sig=Xm54FYCL4-McDdd9791lHZCvGSE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG1OKWosnJAhWlHaYKHT2DD5YQ6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=Who%20named%20the%20Atlantis-Great%20Meteor%20Seamount%20Chain%20and%20the%20Atlantis-Plato-Cruiser-Great%20Meteor%20Seamount%20Group%20%3F&f=false

I have yet to find any mention anywhere of it ever surfacing although it is now deeper than when it was formed , and that  type of sinking takes a long time ... the African plate has to pass beyond the hot spot that formed it 

Look at this 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@29.8983544,-28.5697378,85002m/data=!3m1!1e3

now this 

Atlantis_after_Kircher.gif

Edited by Nungali

and actually ... the rest of the thread you posted 

explains this  idea  and gives this map

13z1gme.jpg

and this 

" But wait it gets better! 

My artist's eye immediately noticed those aren't "circles" in the island to the north... 

They are Fibonacci Spirals:  " 

fc5170113c.jpg

:wacko:

and this which is ridiculous " Quick question. How much did the oceans rise after the last ice age? 

a) We know that before the last ice age ended britian was effectively connected to the european mainland. 
b ) We also know that in north america a vast amount of water rushed into the oceans after the glaciers melted. 

Just a theory but what if atlantis was above water during the last ice age. Once the ice dams broke a tsunami of water destroyed any and all civilizations that lived on these islands. This would explain the story of atlantis getting wiped out in one day. " 

Whaaaat ???  and the guy with the theory says this 

" Thank you for your reply. The two guys who made the videos did all the real work. Once I found one of the videos I put weeks into watching them on a big screen and reading up on the map. I only put a few days into getting this thread together. ATS deleted one of the links I put in because it went to another site. But you can still get the jest of what is being shown. Most of the Google Maps attention was drawn to a grid which lay just east of this arrowhead. It was removed from Google Maps because of the uproar. The reason they gave was something like it being only sonar lines and not actual features. .....   Search4atlantis and Danny Whilten.   (here is  another of Danny's ;  
 )

" I sent Danny an e mail but never heard from him. I sent Hancock and Shock and half a dozen other "experts" e mails too but never heard back from them."

bolded bit is a lie. 

That site or those vids are not a reliable source .
Edited by Nungali

Kirsher added America (new world) to the map and it  showed  6 major rivers that Plato never mentioned  and Plato said it was in a rectangle

http://unmyst3.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/athanasius-kirchers-map-of-atlantis.html

If bhis map was supposed to be the one the Egyptians drew, they were very modern Egyptians ... I would say, after the time of Plato  ( but I am waiting for the details and the temple cited on that one ) .

Edited by Nungali

Let me point out that any "ancient" map of Atlantis that includes the Americas should be suspect because the Americas were unknown before the 1200s CE except by the Polynesians and the Chinese and the Europeans didn't know about them either.

• Like 1

Let me point out that any "ancient" map of Atlantis that includes the Americas should be suspect because the Americas were unknown before the 1200s CE except by the Polynesians and the Chinese and the Europeans didn't know about them either.

It looks like the Americas are an addition by Kircher who saw the original map in the library of the Vatican. There are lots of ancient, mysterious texts kept there.

• Like 2