Lois

Atlantis

1 minute ago, Lois said:

What objective evidence do you have that the Sun is smaller in size than stars? The Book of Zohar says that the Sun is bigger than the stars. This cannot be verified experimentally.

The sun is a medium sized star and is smaller than some stars and bigger than others and there is a LOT of objective evidence to support this, it is called astronomy.

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

The sun is a medium sized star and is smaller than some stars and bigger than others and there is a LOT of objective evidence to support this, it is called astronomy.

why did you decide that astronomy is an objective science?

3 minutes ago, Lois said:

why did you decide that astronomy is an objective science?

Objective

(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

because it can be measured with instruments that will give one the same measurements regardless of who does the measuring. This is the definition of objective.

14 hours ago, dmattwads said:

Objective

(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

because it can be measured with instruments that will give one the same measurements regardless of who does the measuring. This is the definition of objective.

You'll be claiming the earth isn't flat next.

16 minutes ago, Apech said:

Let's not get carried away :-P

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I guess it's hard to take something seriously that has no actual objective verifiable evidence. :-/

What I find hard to take seriously  is the idea that 'the technology of Atlantis ' consisted of various cropped pictures of Lois .

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lois said:

What objective evidence do you have that the Sun is smaller in size than stars? The Book of Zohar says that the Sun is bigger than the stars. This cannot be verified experimentally.

20 hours ago, dmattwads said:

But  ..... Book of Zohar  ! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Apech said:

Earth only be flat  'cause yo Momma been sitting on it

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nungali said:

What I find hard to take seriously  is the idea that 'the technology of Atlantis ' consisted of various cropped pictures of Lois .

Actually if I found anything believable it was that Atlantians would have cropped pictures as this is what I think of when I consider what Aquaman does in his free time.

• Haha 1

Especially funny as I was privvy to some stupid stuff that went on in the making of that movie .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Especially funny as I was privvy to some stupid stuff that went on in the making of that movie .

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

This is only about sound, not about image

I too have discovered the origin of Atlantean language ... also in a dream   ( well, I think it was a dream ) .

Translation :   " HELP !   HELP !   I got my dolphin dick   stuck in this god-damn  water filter intake  !  

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

Before I make a suggestion on your 'what if '  ... can you please explain what you mean by   it ?  :huh:

• Like 1

So its one of those 'milk and honey' things is it   or more of a 'Mars  & Marduk'   thingamajig ?

So my answer to your 'what if' ; 

If this if  is , it changes nothing about Atlantis or Alchemy .

If this if is not  (that is, it is an isn't) , it changes nothing about Atlantis or Alchemy .

..... you're welcome .

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

I love Atlantis threads    :) 

What if you didn't?

• Like 1

On 29.11.2021 at 10:07 AM, Draco said:

What if Atlantis is also an alchemical stage?

Atlantis is generally described as a prehistoric utopia, a world that had reached an advanced level of spiritual, scientific and technological achievement.

However, at some stage things went south... The Atlanteans had become too proud of their achievements and, according to Plato, the Gods decided to punish them for their hybris and imperialistic behaviour by submerging the isle in the ocean.

I think this could be likened to the initial stage of the Great Work of Alchemy, the so-called Nigredo, in which your starting matter undergoes dissolution and destruction, as it is being reduced to its First Matter (prima materia).

The whole subsequent process aims at restoring and elevating this First Matter to its final perfection (ultima materia), a state in which it will even be able to transmute base metals into gold, heal any disease in living beings, and extend their life span indefinitely.

If again we wish to draw an analogy to the story of Atlantis, we could consider the fact that the knowledge of the Atlanteans was never truly lost, but disseminated - in bits and pieces - throughout various cultures. At the proper time, its reassembly could indeed lay the foundation for a new perfected world, a Golden Age, for which the Philosopher's Stone could serve as an analogy.

Atlantis is as much in our future as it is in our past.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Apech said:

What if you didn't?

Then my ' If this if is not  that is, it is an isn't' would probably turn into  'if this is, that isn't, it is not  an is ' .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Atlantis is generally described as a prehistoric utopia, a world that had reached an advanced level of spiritual, scientific and technological achievement.

However, at some stage things went south... The Atlanteans had become too proud of their achievements and, according to Plato, the Gods decided to punish them for their hybris and imperialistic behaviour by submerging the isle in the ocean.

Okay , I have to admit I NEVER knew that ! 

I had no idea that Atlantians had  developed industry-proven, cloud-based e-commerce and digital marketing solutions  !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybris_(company)

I think this could be likened to the initial stage of the Great Work of Alchemy, the so-called Nigredo, in which your starting matter undergoes dissolution and destruction, as it is being reduced to its First Matter (prima materia).

The whole subsequent process aims at restoring and elevating this First Matter to its final perfection (ultima materia), a state in which it will even be able to transmute base metals into gold, heal any disease in living beings, and extend their life span indefinitely.

If again we wish to draw an analogy to the story of Atlantis, we could consider the fact that the knowledge of the Atlanteans was never truly lost, but disseminated - in bits and pieces - throughout various cultures. At the proper time, its reassembly could indeed lay the foundation for a new perfected world, a Golden Age, for which the Philosopher's Stone could serve as an analogy.

Atlantis is as much in our future as it is in our past.

Then Nungers would have spared me many head palms!

Whaaaat ! ?     :o

.... Oh ! ......

You meant  your    forehead  'head' .

Edited by Nungali

On 14/01/2021 at 2:36 AM, Apech said:

Earth only be flat 'cause yo Momma been sittin' on it .