ilumairen

sincerity and the garden of the mind

My shadow has always been there, acknowledged, but generally left alone.

What are you waiting for?

One's shadow is a wellspring of power, the raw materials for infinite manifestation in light.

To acknowledge and leave alone is to nurture...

The path of awareness and the path of experience are both available to us. When we acknowledge the root of darkness within and do nothing, it grows. When we choose that path we enter the path of awareness through experience, rather than the pure light of awareness - hitting at the very heart of the meaning of life...

To let wither has less power than to enlighten.

When you enlighten that acknowledged shadow, it fights for life giving up its primordial power unto thine own will.

When you enter the path of awareness through experience - you are walking into the (in this example) alchemy of relationships.

If we go within and heal acknowledged shadow we remove the need to manifest inner shadow in the outer holographic illusion. Our biggest asset in the alchemy of relationships is the illusion of other. When we buy into the illusion of darkness within we buy a ticket for the illusion of other in the external dream.

She is coming to do the gardening that you neglected, thinking it marvelous to acknowledge said shadow and leave it underground - she hears the calling, creates the scenario, hoes it up to the light of day and leaves it to dry in the sun.

Poison it with light before it grows into 3D.

anigif_enhanced-23740-1412854563-8.gif

Edited by Horus
  • Like 3

An old Zen proverb:  A garden is never finished...

Nothing is ever finished, until we accept its return.

In accepting, we allow the completion of all.

• Like 1

What are you waiting for?

One's shadow is a wellspring of power, the raw materials for infinite manifestation in light.

To acknowledge and leave alone is to nurture...

The path of awareness and the path of experience are both available to us. When we acknowledge the root of darkness within and do nothing, it grows. When we choose that path we enter the path of awareness through experience, rather than the pure light of awareness - hitting at the very heart of the meaning of life...

To let wither has less power than to enlighten.

When you enlighten that acknowledged shadow, it fights for life giving up its primordial power unto thine own will.

When you enter the path of awareness through experience - you are walking into the (in this example) alchemy of relationships.

If we go within and heal acknowledged shadow we remove the need to manifest inner shadow in the outer holographic illusion. Our biggest asset in the alchemy of relationships is the illusion of other. When we buy into the illusion of darkness within we buy a ticket for the illusion of other in the external dream.

She is coming to do the gardening that you neglected, thinking it marvelous to acknowledge said shadow and leave it underground - she hears the calling, creates the scenario, hoes it up to the light of day and leaves it to dry in the sun.

Poison it with light before it grows into 3D.

anigif_enhanced-23740-1412854563-8.gif

Thank you for this timely poignancy. I've been feeling my posts here have been neglecting this perspective. We may root deeply to earth, but too we must be willing to open, surrender, and root to heaven, allowing the heavenly energy to fill the earthly receptivity held within our depths. Rooting to our center we allow the depths of heaven and earth to merge as one within our core. What we've drawn up cannot be filled if we don't open it in emptiness so that it may collect. Ever a fine line, and ever easy to sway to either extreme.

Daoist symbology emphasizes water more than fire, as water represents potential, the dao, the source of things. While fire tends to represent expression and often leads to further creation (even though it plays other roles internally, related to the fusion of our soul). And yet the potential of water to return and store is pointless if we do not open it to receive the fire so the four (4 directions of the circle: wood,fire,metal,water) may unite in the center (earth). This is known as the three 5's returning home - in the numerics of creation, we have: 1-water, 2-fire, 3-wood, 4-metal, 5-earth. When fire attains clarity and does not need to express or create, in stillness it may return to unite with wood, 2 joining 3 = 5. When metal is able to accept fully and dissolve attachments, it may become the essence hidden within water, even as water yields its role of storing and allows the essence to circulate, and 4 joining 1 = 5. Similar in kind, the 3 fives return to join in the center.

I've been flowing with my shadow lately, settling into its depths, not finding the courage to openly surrender in acceptance to heaven to fully dissolve and integrate. Sure enough another has been called to dance with my shadow, even as I am called to dance with hers. Delicate balances. Feels like settling into a deep vein of watery flowing that extends beyond just the two of us... perhaps now is the time to call some light into this vein rather than abandoning it. I'll do my best to follow the dao. :wub:

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 4

" I willingly and intentionally stepped from the place of peace to metaphorically slap somebody who is lost in their own suffering upside the head.

Today I'm back to watering flowers."

Thankyou Des,

This is a good point,we choose to use anger,then we justify.

We have all been there.

Anger,rage,losing it,they have their subtleties,apologies fall short.

So why do we choose this path.

Somewhere we hold a trigger release,sure enough,when we feel justified,bang,anger.

Remove the trigger,there are no situation where expression of anger is helpful.

Letting go,use your words,maybe helpful.

Mindfulness all the time also helpful.

This also a choice.

• Like 3

I suggest we not get mushy about anger being the bad guy...since controlled anger is a whole different ball game than when it is uncontrolled and acts as mutually destructive rage!

Besides anger really boils down to energy flowing through the anger zone just as energy can  flow through the peace zone, thus to beat anger (or force repression) out of someone is not productive in the sense that their energy is also being beat out of them  in one way or another which can then easily create more problems.  (instead of being directed and controlled)

Btw, lets not forget how some Buddhist sects and or Buddhist orientated martial artists beat the hell out of their students, and I'll bet such is not all out of enlightened compassion since all of the teachers are not likely to be enlightened!

• Like 2

So how many people here have had their parents or other family members try to beat the anger out of them when they were kids? (or try to force you to repress anger which didn't help?)  

Btw, and obviously anger often arises from feeling an injustice committed and then it should be taken as being a signal along with giving the drive to take action - hopefully in asserting non-destructive, resolution and solution type ways - instead of one becoming an anger driven egotistic wrecking ball...or having the energy of the anger flowing through you turned inward without resolution which can lead to all sorts of psychological problems.

One step: don't back someone up against the wall and not give some options if you don't want to be backed up against the wall and not given some options.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

Hi Bob. Nice to see you. :)

I agree that the repression of anger only leads to more deep seated anger. I also think that holding up an ideal of good that we strive to live up to causes it's own problems. In either case there is often a conflict between what is and what we tell ourselves should be.

There has been a wierd dynamic with me and my coworker. I'm the only person there who will tell her to 'shut the f*ck up' when she just can't stop the stuff floating in her head from coming out of her mouth. Part of her wants to stop, but she can't. It's like slapping a hysterical person in the face. She feels better, other people feel better. And I feel sad.

I don't like this dynamic. Although others feel better its nothing more than a mother kissing a wound better - it's still bleeding. And I can't fix that, and don't want to slap her anymore. I'm stepping away so perhaps her and others can learn better ways of interacting. I've learned my lesson. Now I have to leave others to find theirs.

• Like 3

Hi Des,

Yes, the energy that powers anger can get turned inward, where if not resolved it can then power more problems, like depression.

I hope the situation at work you mentioned has improved.  It sounds like you have taken the brunt of dealing with it?

A workplace dynamic that has come into play now and then for me - being that I'm a blue collar worker in a mostly and historically male job that is often physically demanding - are the interactions of women working with "the guys" in such jobs... sometimes there is no problem other times its difficult along with mixtures of both.  The worst aspect to me being when a woman gets special treatment and favoritism just for being a woman, which an honest, hard working gal does not want any part of while other gals will take full advantage of such a scenario to get back at some guys that may deserve it, while other

guys may take collateral damage even though they have always treated women well and as equals in such work. 

Btw, it would take me a hell of long time along with gained experience before I would ever consider myself an equal in female dominated jobs that I don't have the knack for or the background in.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response Bob. At the moment this is just an acknowledgement. I'll return when I have the time for the response.

Hope you are having a pleasant day - from one blue collar worker to another.

• Like 1

Workplace dynamics are, at their core, the same as any other interpersonal dynamics - with the exception that we don't get to choose who we will be spending a very large portion of our lives with. It's kind of like family in the not choosing, but more intense due to the lack of family bonds. People will make more allowances for those they love, but even here jealousies can abound.

And I've come to the realization that most of the angst revolves around comparisons. If you think you take issue with how some women are treated, you should take a look at the issue many women take with each other. I did not choose the physical features of my form, and grow more confused with the fascination, and sometimes obsession, with every passing year. I had believed that by the time I reached the age I have, with my smile lines and tinsel highlights in my hair, I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

I just do my job, and do what I can to hold other women as openly and gently as I can. The resentment remains. Once someone told the new plant manager that something needed to be done about me because I didn't do anything. He looked at the numbers, and I was effective and productve no matter where they put me (while she was not). In spite of this being a fact the resentment and perception remains. And it isn't just about me. The same thing happens with other women. It hurts them more than it hurts me. And then there is the acting out... and all I can do is hold the one being hurt and try to help them find the 'center' where these things don't matter.

I can't fix this. All I can do is open myself more to this reality, and see what presents itself.

And yes, this only lightly touches on the male aspect. Maybe later; maybe not. But for now... this is enough.

• Like 2

" I willingly and intentionally stepped from the place of peace to metaphorically slap somebody who is lost in their own suffering upside the head.

Today I'm back to watering flowers."

Thankyou Des,

This is a good point,we choose to use anger,then we justify.

We have all been there.

Anger,rage,losing it,they have their subtleties,apologies fall short.

So why do we choose this path.

Somewhere we hold a trigger release,sure enough,when we feel justified,bang,anger.

Remove the trigger,there are no situation where expression of anger is helpful.

Letting go,use your words,maybe helpful.

Mindfulness all the time also helpful.

This also a choice.

An enlightened Aussie was a paradox, what have you done now with my misconceptions, hmmm?

• Like 1

and all I can do is hold the one being hurt and try to help them find the 'center' where these things don't matter. I can't fix this. All I can do is open myself more to this reality, and see what presents itself. ******** 

Quoted for emphasis.

Well said